Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

I Am The Devil Next To Pope John Paul - Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am The Devil Next To Pope John Paul - Pope Francis (272 Views)

Letter Addressed To Pope Containing Bullets Intercepted / Pope John Paul II 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Pope John Paul Visits To S.B.J Oshoffa *throwback photo* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am The Devil Next To Pope John Paul - Pope Francis by Kingdomxclusive: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
I Am The devil Next To Pope John Paul - Pope Francis

Pope Francis has acknowledged his reputation pales a bit compared to John Paul II – at least as far as Poles are concerned.

As he greeted journalists en route to Lithuania,a book about the former pope was given to Pope Francis  by Polish photographer Grzegorz Galazka.

Receiving the large book which has a beaming John Paul on the  cover, Francis quipped: “(Pope John Paul II) was a saint, I am the devil.”

Pope Francis greets the crowd from his Popemobile in Cathedral Square.

Laughing, Mr Galazka immediately corrected him: “No, you are both saints, you are both saints.”

Francis’s quip appeared to acknowledge that he has his detractors, especially among conservative Catholics who long for the more doctrinaire papacies of John Paul and Benedict XVI.

The criticism of Francis by conservatives has grown more vocal recently amid the church’s sex abuse scandals. And the distress over his opening to letting divorced and civilly remarried Catholics receive Communion.

See full post @ https://kingdomxclusive.com/2018/09/23/i-am-the-devil-next-to-pope-john-paul-pope-francis/

Get more Christian news at www.kingdomxclusive.com

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Warns Nigerian Politicians Against Death / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/10/18 / Control Your Private Part Before You Enter Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.