Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics (35816 Views)

Gbajabiamila's "Anointed" Emerges Candidate For Surulere Reps Bye-Election (Pics / Full Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Election. Pics / President Buhari Arrived Abuja In Style After Postponement Of The Election(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by ashacot: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2018
otunde527:
Its not really all about party again

If you don't perform you will be kicked out

In Lagos I don't think ambode has done badly,just because he refuse to share the money round

Get your Chinese yuan for #48/rmb.Direct Chinese bank deposit also available

Do u buy SAUDI RIYAL TRAVELERS CHEQUE?
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by thatigboman: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2018
eyeview:
Stupidity is when a party is rallying round the worst performing governor in Nigeria but wants to drop its best performing governor.
Its a sign that such party is antithetic to good governance
can u just imagine that level of stupidity? Ambode should port to PDP joor

1 Like

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by godliman: 8:22am On Sep 24, 2018
Why are you warning them ? Leave them let them sink the boat.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Tunedey0001(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2018
Omololu001:
what sort of trash is this You must be so sick and dumb guy,was he elected to promote cultures?

With idiot like this guy,this country will never develop

I don't need to abuse you cause we're sharing knowledge.
I only correct you from saying he cancel badagry port which is not.
Promoting culture is part of government job
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Myself2(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2018
Omololu001:
who is this dumb pig quoting me

I've always made it clear right from day one that ambode has nothing to offer,I have a family member living in ikorodu that is one of his commissioner, you that you have gained nothing from him you're busy here writing trash.

What has he done in the health sector?
What has he done in terms of education?

Please list his achievement in ikorodu

Crazy boy listen to me again, if you choose to be blind to the numerous infrastructural projects by Ambode in Lagos state, then that is your bloody head ache heart ache.Do I have to benefit personally from Ambode to commend his good job ??Please go ahead and rant all you like in your drunken inebriated state, but Lagosians will teach Tinubu and every hater of Ambode a lesson should they go ahead and put their personal interest above that of the entire Lagosians.
By the way, your father is a mor0n cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Omololu001: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2018
Myself2:

Crazy boy listen to me again, if you choose to be blind to the numerous infrastructural projects by Ambode in Lagos state, then that is your bloody head ache heart ache.Do I have to benefit personally from Ambode to commend his good job ??Please go ahead and rant all you like in your drunken inebriated state, but Lagosians will teach Tinubu and every hater of Ambode a lesson should they go ahead and put their personal interest above that of the entire Lagosians.
By the way, your father is a mor0n cheesy cheesy cheesy
k
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2018
Even if APC present Ambode now after all the drama, they might lose Lagos because of Tinubu greed... except ambode work extra ordinary hard to win the people's heart.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Omololu001: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2018
Tunedey0001:

I don't need to abuse you cause we're sharing knowledge.
I only correct you from saying he cancel badagry port which is not.
Promoting culture is part of government job
was he voted into power to promote cultures?

Well,he will lose the primary election on the 29th,majority of people from badagry want good roads, not someone that will promote cultures
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Omololu001: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:
Even if APC present Ambode now after all the drama, they might lose Lagos because of Tinubu greed... except ambode work extra ordinary hard to win the people's heart.
ambode has not even performed up to expectation,the election in Lagos will be so tough whether ambode contest or mot

1 Like

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by sexyanyabubakar(f): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2018
post=71472387:
Thanking God we have a President that refuses to tamper with any election result.
We are on the right path to a great Nigeria.
When will i buy another Power Bike if Baba keeps paying this Npower graduates 30k BMC stipend each month

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2018
post=71472349:
No basis for comparison.......
Ambode never owe any worker salary for a day.

Fayose lost because of that, and if Aregbe loses because of the same reason also, then so be it.
(BUT, will the Opposition be the best Man for the Job?!
That now depends on the indigenes!)
Stop comparing Ambode with such guys.

Nice try by you tho........

Even from the time of Buba Marwa, when have you ever heard that Lagos State owed workers salaries? Do you think Lagos is on the same pedestal as those guruguru states that list payment of salaries as achievements?
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Ubongdemaga: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2018
eyeview:
Stupidity is when a party is rallying round the worst performing governor in Nigeria but wants to drop its best performing governor.
is there party in lagos state or Tinubu? The so call party is in tinubu's pocket. He decides wat he want.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by dearie(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
Osun election should be a lesson to PDP because any mistake in choosing their Presidential flag bearer will give APC and Buhari advantage just as it gave Osun APC a slim hope now. If PDP had chosen Ogunbiyi or even Lere in Osun the inconclusive saga would not have appeared

You fail to acknowledge that hurricane Ede is the reason why PDP won which may not have happened with Ogunbiyi!
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by hush15: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2018
Antoeni:
By Temitope Ajayi

The lessons of the current outcome of Osun election are more poignant for Lagos All Progressives Congress (APC) actors than Osun political actors who will face a rerun on Thursday as announced by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

APC would have kissed Osun goodbye today if not for Osogbo result that significantly downgraded Hurricane Ede. It would have been a kiss of death!

Electorates are getting more sophisticated and any electoral permutations that do not factor the voters' behaviour will deliver nothing.
Lagos APC chieftains are behaving like spoilt brats thinking they have Lagos in the Kitty and some guys in the name of a bloc within the party can take the voters in Lagos for granted.

Attempting to replace Ambode, a performing and sitting governor of Lagos who is APC poster boy for good governance may not be too good for Lagos APC with a Jimi Agbaje resurgence.

A Jimi Agbaje on the ballot for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos can throw up the current scenario in Osun for Lagos in next year election.

Beyond the challenge from PDP in Osun, APC from field reports went to battle in Osun with a divided party. Lagos voters can punish APC next year if it turned out that vested interests who see governance as simply their personal interests can conspire to deny a governor a second term.

The Osun election result today should help the APC actors in Lagos to have some introspection and realign interests for the greater good of the party and the people of Lagos.

Osun just underscores the importance of credible candidate for both the APC and PDP. If PDP had presented Ogunbiyi there may have been a clear winner. If APC had presented a candidate without the baggage of Aregbesola too the outcome may have been different.

APC cannot afford to offend the voters in Lagos. There is already a growing resentment against the internal contradictions within the party. Whatever that suggests lack of respect for the electorates should be dropped now.
An Ambode will make Lagos an easy win for APC.

Ajayi is a Lagos-based political analyst

i disagree that if any but Adeleke presented himself for election, oyetola would have beaten hands down because if you look at the margin, the difference between Oyetola and the others below his numbers, you would realize that not only their party wasnt popular, their personality didnt work for them too. Even Omisore who got the third highest, he won his own LG because his popularity was the only thing that worked for him, not his party. Infact, i make bold to say that party wasnt really the deciding factor in Osun elections. It was the popularity of the individual that drove the message home. Osun people picked individuals, not party in simple terms.

The Adelekes popularity in Osun state is undoubtedly laudable. Even in his senatorial constituency, as Saraki is to Kwara or Jagaban is to lagos is what the Adelekes are in Ede and that resonates deep into the entire state and with a party like PDP that had structure all over the state, it was easy to ripple the effect. Fortunately, he has a cousin that also cuts across the entire country, and the people want to relate with as their own.

True that Osun people are tired of APC and want them out anyway but any other candidate would have lost it to APC jare with all their manipulations. I give it to the Adelekes for putting up a good fight. it is well deserve and i hope they win at the run off cos those APC wont play fair. i can bet anythinf on it. they just just be focused and be ready to defend their win.

Back to Lagos, Ambode's problem is not the people, but his party. Am pretty sure if he was returned, nobody would contest against him. Infact, Jimi didnt sign up not until he got know that Ambode may not be coming back and same with Otedola and if i were Ambode, i would leverage on that advantage. If he need to mobilize people for the primaries. when he ought to have switched lanes he didn't though its not late. PDP would still pick him cos he is a winning ticket but if he doesnt want to change, he can mobilize members from communities that are for him. All he needs is a platform.

As for Lagosians, no doubt that Ambode doesnt deserve a second term and there are many reasons for that. All those projects he started, we need to give him that chance to complete them cos anyone besides him wont treat that project fairly like the initiator. It will be used for politics and lagos wont derive maximum utility from it and eventually, will be a waste for a project of such magnitude. So we need him to complete it and get it running.

Also, either way, the shackles on lagosians would be slackened if not broken. This godfatherism will no longer be effective as lagosian will for once be able to decide its leader and not one man dictating for all. This "Baba sowipe syndrome" has stunted lagos growth by my decades and denied lagosians the true pace and rate of development. what has been happening is lagos wealth goes to a selected few and then they feed us when they like. with the Ambode saga, Even him himself knows he needs to break off the chain to really move forward.

Nigerians are better for it because with the latest development, voting in nigeria is about to change. People are more aware, involved and would defend what is theirs. Though we still have a long way to go because this present government isnt a fair one, but that consciousness that we want to be free to choose our leaders is what we need to get there..
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by zer0day: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2018
Benz4pimp:
its the first time I would quote long thrash like this!!!Nigerians are so poverty stricken that when people make millions out of you and throw crumbs at u,you worship the ground they walk!!!Ambode has done no job in Lagos...From housing to transportation to heath to security!!!!Please which road did he do exactly!!!!i was UNFORTUNATE to pass through gowon estate linking[b] egbeda last night in the rain[/b],I pity people that live around that axis!!!

You nailed the bolded. It was a total disaster last night and i began to wonder what the government did and has been doing regarding that predicament.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by ollah2: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Ambode should switch party and pick Jimi Agbaje has his deputy.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by omeddy805: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Why is Aregbe looking like a Shaolin master? Is he learning Kung fu?
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by goodjob7: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2018
eyeview:
it will suprised them if they deny ambode second term and he defect to pdp,end don come to apc in lagos.Na my prayer be say make them not give ambode the ticket in apc,and have it in pdp.Then they will all know their total failure including that tinubu that is parading himself as useless god-father.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by LadiIshola(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omololu001:
the person that wrote this trash is sick
You are not feeling well either. Kiss the truth
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by LadiIshola(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omololu001:
can you list the achievement of ambode in education?

And also tell me what he has done in badagry and ikorodu.

Ambode that relocated a port fashola wanted to build at badagry,ambode moved the port to epe grin
So Ambode moved a whole port? Tell me what port that is?
I guess its your local government chairman that's doing the igbogbo road baa
The new mile 12 market in Imota nkor?..
People like you are never objective, whatever happens to ambode he can't be erased from history
Kiss the truth
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by jamejanev: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nigeria, a pitious country
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by okka(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
post=71472349:
No basis for comparison.......
Ambode never owe any worker salary for a day.

Fayose lost because of that, and if Aregbe loses because of the same reason also, then so be it.
(BUT, will the Opposition be the best Man for the Job?!
That now depends on the indigenes!)
Stop comparing Ambode with such guys.

Nice try by you tho........

Am not sure you read through the write up before commenting or better still, you don't comprehend it.

Your comment shows you don't understand the the position of the writer. You may try reading it again
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by okka(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
I can't waste my time reading this boring incoherent trash.

hush15:

i disagree that if any but Adeleke presented himself for election, oyetola would have beaten hands down because if you look at the margin, the difference between Oyetola and the others below his numbers, you would realize that not only their party wasnt popular, their personality didnt work for them too. Even Omisore who got the third highest, he won his own LG because his popularity was the only thing that worked for him, not his party. Infact, i make bold to say that party wasnt really the deciding factor in Osun elections. It was the popularity of the individual that drove the message home. Osun people picked individuals, not party in simple terms.

The Adelekes popularity in Osun state is undoubtedly laudable. Even in his senatorial constituency, as Saraki is to Kwara or Jagaban is to lagos is what the Adelekes are in Ede and that resonates deep into the entire state and with a party like PDP that had structure all over the state, it was easy to ripple the effect. Fortunately, he has a cousin that also cuts across the entire country, and the people want to relate with as their own.

True that Osun people are tired of APC and want them out anyway but any other candidate would have lost it to APC jare with all their manipulations. I give it to the Adelekes for putting up a good fight. it is well deserve and i hope they win at the run off cos those APC wont play fair. i can bet anythinf on it. they just just be focused and be ready to defend their win.

Back to Lagos, Ambode's problem is not the people, but his party. Am pretty sure if he was returned, nobody would contest against him. Infact, Jimi didnt sign up not until he got know that Ambode may not be coming back and same with Otedola and if i were Ambode, i would leverage on that advantage. If he need to mobilize people for the primaries. when he ought to have switched lanes he didn't though its not late. PDP would still pick him cos he is a winning ticket but if he doesnt want to change, he can mobilize members from communities that are for him. All he needs is a platform.

As for Lagosians, no doubt that Ambode doesnt deserve a second term and there are many reasons for that. All those projects he started, we need to give him that chance to complete them cos anyone besides him wont treat that project fairly like the initiator. It will be used for politics and lagos wont derive maximum utility from it and eventually, will be a waste for a project of such magnitude. So we need him to complete it and get it running.

Also, either way, the shackles on lagosians would be slackened if not broken. This godfatherism will no longer be effective as lagosian will for once be able to decide its leader and not one man dictating for all. This "Baba sowipe syndrome" has stunted lagos growth by my decades and denied lagosians the true pace and rate of development. what has been happening is lagos wealth goes to a selected few and then they feed us when they like. with the Ambode saga, Even him himself knows he needs to break off the chain to really move forward.

Nigerians are better for it because with the latest development, voting in nigeria is about to change. People are more aware, involved and would defend what is theirs. Though we still have a long way to go because this present government isnt a fair one, but that consciousness that we want to be free to choose our leaders is what we need to get there..
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Lotechi(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
post=71472387:
Thanking God we have a President that refuses to tamper with any election result.
We are on the right path to a great Nigeria.
. You are talking as if opposition party did not win elections during the last administration. We should stop massaging the ego of these politicians who think about their self.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by hush15: 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
okka:

I can't waste my time reading this boring incoherent trash.

Mr Okpa, did i ask you to read it? stop being silly pls.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Omololu001: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
LadiIshola:

So Ambode moved a whole port? Tell me what port that is?
I guess its your local government chairman that's doing the igbogbo road baa
The new mile 12 market in Imota nkor?..
People like you are never objective, whatever happens to ambode he can't be erased from history
Kiss the truth
who is this dumb idiot quoting me
Igbogbo is not ikorodu,and nothing is been done on igbogo road.
Imota is not also part of ikorodu.

I hate it when dumb fool quote me writing trash,please Bleep off my mention idiot,I won't even read not to talk of replying your trashy shit you're writing
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by Koralords: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
Osun election should be a lesson to PDP because any mistake in choosing their Presidential flag bearer will give APC and Buhari advantage just as it gave Osun APC a slim hope now. If PDP had chosen Ogunbiyi or even Lere in Osun the inconclusive saga would not have appeared
I don't agree with you the reason pdp for so many votes was because of the late adeleke he enjoys lots of goodwill if they had presented another candidate it would have been a walk over for apc
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by jumpandpas(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
Philistine:

Get ur facts right...... direct primaries will be used in Lagos state,no imposition whatsoever, Ambode should go and test his popularity on the field.

Tinubu should as well test his popularity by picking APC presidential form.

He should stop governing Lagos by proxy.
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by LadiIshola(m): 10:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omololu001:
who is this dumb idiot quoting me
Igbogbo is not ikorodu,and nothing is been done on igbogo road.
Imota is not also part of ikorodu.

I hate it when dumb fool quote me writing trash,please Bleep off my mention idiot,I won't even read not to talk of replying your trashy shit you're writing

Well its obvious you are a reflection of your parents. Nothing good can come out of degenerates who should have been wise enough to use a condom
Re: What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics by kennys: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
otunde527:
Its not really all about party again

If you don't perform you will be kicked out

In Lagos I don't think ambode has done badly,just because he refuse to share the money round

Get your Chinese yuan for #48/rmb.Direct Chinese bank deposit also available

Ambode...is the one to vote for... because he refused to do the usual thing they started nailing him. Ambode be strong the true people of Lagosian are in your support. Because he did not allow corruption they hated him and wanted to impose person who will futher establish there stamp there business as usual God will not allow them this time around. Ambode will are at your back...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OShiomhole’s Removal: APC National Officers Demand Urgent Meeting / Kogi Guber Election: APC Mocks Adeleke Over Dino Melaye’s Defeat / Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.