Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 (5910 Views)

NLC Strike: Abuja Court Shuts Down Operations / The Mother Of All Queues In Russia as McDonalds resturant winds down operations / EndSARS: US Embassy Shuts Down Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by mysteriousman(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2018
How true is this?
Cc Lala

DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down Operations In Nigeria June 2019
The Federal Government may have notified the management of MultiChoice DSTV/GOTV that their operations, in Nigeria, will come to an end in 2019 as their license expires June next year.

According to a letter to that effect issued, on Tuesday, by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), the license issued to them in 2014 by NBC will not be renewed because it was not in line with Digital Switch Over (DSO) White Paper.

If Multichoice DSTV/GOTV will ever operate in Nigeria again after expiration of its license, the only option left for them is to go to licensed Signal Distribution company, that is Pinnacle Communications Ltd or ITS.

GOTV has been accused of being used as a conduit to siphon foreign exchange from Nigeria by its parent company, South African Multi Choice DSTV.

Source: naijatweeet.ng
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Olifiz(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2018
Only me get dstv, gotv, dstv explorer for house. So if true after June now those things don turn condemn.

If this gets to FP I wasn’t here o grin

2 Likes

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by mrjaydee(m): 8:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Story..that useless TSTV is not reliable.

1 Like

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by spartan117(m): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2018
This digital change over is taking too long to implement just like minimum wage.
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 8:10am On Sep 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
Story..that useless TSTV is not reliable.
Do tstv still operate ?
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by FarahAideed: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Do tstv still operate ?

Had TSTV ever operated ?
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2018
FarahAideed:

Had TSTV ever operated ?
I don't know either
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by mrjaydee(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Do tstv still operate ?
I think so, in other states..I haven't seen them in Lagos.
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
I've never heard of them operating in other states I think this is the best time for them to upgrade their services
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by mrjaydee(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
I've never heard of them operating in other states I think this is the best time for them to upgrade their services
that's if they have sense grin
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by otosa(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
I see people use it in Ibadan but in Lagos here, it's not so popular as DSTV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2018
Download Free Project Topics & Materials Online...Click on the link in my Signature Now!
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2018
Internet TV's are taking over soon with unlimited data getting cheaper.
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by ODUBEZE: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2018
Hmmmm a lot of business will be closed down again! Cause some entrepreneurs also depend on this company

The country will be see as unstable for businesses

It will also scare foreign investors away!

Which might take this country back to square one!

I really do not like their mode of operations either. I believe it should be pay as you watch for starters

So let there be guildlines for ALL businesses then if they won't follow it, you can now show them the door!

2 Likes

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by tribalistseun: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2018
mysteriousman:
How true is this?
Cc Lala

DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down Operations In Nigeria June 2019
The Federal Government may have notified the management of MultiChoice DSTV/GOTV that their operations, in Nigeria, will come to an end in 2019 as their license expires June next year.

According to a letter to that effect issued, on Tuesday, by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), the license issued to them in 2014 by NBC will not be renewed because it was not in line with Digital Switch Over (DSO) White Paper.

If Multichoice DSTV/GOTV will ever operate in Nigeria again after expiration of its license, the only option left for them is to go to licensed Signal Distribution company, that is Pinnacle Communications Ltd or ITS.

GOTV has been accused of being used as a conduit to siphon foreign exchange from Nigeria by its parent company, South African Multi Choice DSTV.

Source: naijatweeet.ng

Fake news

3 Likes

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by uwa1(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2018
Olifiz:
[b]Only me get dstv, gotv, dstv explorer for house. [/b]So if true after June now those things don turn condemn.

If this gets to FP I wasn’t here o grin

1 Like

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Splinz(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Do tstv still operate ?
TSTV never stopped. #GrowNaija#

2 Likes

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by SpatialKing(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2018
What's happens to Big Brother Naija and African Magic
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:

hmmmmm I know you smiley

So you look innocent like this? cheesy

Bixxnca ----The generxxxquxxxn smiley
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by SarakiBukola: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2018
I wish they would

But they are exploiting Nigerians mercilessly so why leave ?

Modified: Just read it, i hope their license wouldn't be renewed.
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2018
Buhari really knows how to attract foreign investors.

Pls clap for him

1 Like

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Caseless: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
Good news. Just open the market up. TSTV na scam.
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
GODPUNISHUNA:

hmmmmm I know you smiley
So you look innocent like this? cheesy
Bixxnca ----The generxxxquxxxn smiley
cheesy
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Caseless: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
FarahAideed:

Had TSTV ever operated ?
we should be asking some of you who shouted "igbo amaka" when the name behind tstv was revealed.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
that's if they have sense grin
I wish I had the money to invest in naija communication all this media company no go see my back I'll give them high pretention cheesy

1 Like

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by mrjaydee(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
I wish I had the money to invest in naija communication all this media company no go see my back I'll give them high pretention cheesy
grin grin u go wicked oo
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by shreder(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2018
Multichoice shud go,am sure TSTV or sumone else will step up #grownaija
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
grin grin u go wicked oo
I'll always bring something different from the previous month and I'll just sometimes do free promo with enough sport channel dem go cry ooo cheesy
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by ericsimons18: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2018
ODUBEZE:
Hmmmm a lot of business will be closed down again! Cause some entrepreneurs also depend on this company

The country will be see as unstable for businesses

It will also scare foreign investors away!

Which might take this country back to square one!

I really do not like their mode of operations either. I believe it should be pay as you watch for starters

So let there be guildlines for ALL businesses then if they won't follow it, you can now show them the door!

What is this one saying now ! ..
Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by Proffdada: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2018
Source grin

Re: DSTV And GOTV To Shut Down Operations In June 2019 by DivineGebike(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2018
Wait o make I understand, u mean say by June nxt year my gotv, dstv, plus its dish will be waste products?

U mean make i go back to dvd?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Brutality: Imo To Compensate 125 Petitioners / President Buhari To Attend Climate Change Conference In Glasgow / Kano: Muhammad Abacha Declares For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.