Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina (3003 Views)

Kanye West's Yeezy Trainers Sold For $1.8 Million Dollars (Photos) / Viral Photos Of Girl 'cooking' Her Vagina At A Herbalist’s Breaks Internet / Linda Ikeji Dances Inside Her Car In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by SabiKing(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2018
An Albuquerque woman is suing Samsung for $1.8 million after she necessitated medical attention after inserting her cell phone inside her vagina and was unable to retrieve it for 96 hours.

Salma Briant, 39, claims her medical bills at the University of New Mexico Hospital amount to $1,168,000 and that she has suffered from severe psychological distress because of the whole ordeal.

Briant said she first inserted the cell phone inside her vagina as a dare from one of her friends but quickly realized that the phone would not come out.

“I wanted to see how it would feel to put my cell phone on vibration mode inside of me, just for fun, but it soon turned out to be a nightmare,” she told judge Andrew Peterson in tears.

Attorney Jim McAfee’s claims his client was forced to undergo a cesarean section to remove the cell phone because of the atypical shape of her pelvis and had no insurance at the time.

“Samsung is definitely at fault here as they offer no warning about the dangers and potential risks during the insertion of their products inside their clients male or female body cavities or genitals” Salma Briant’s lawyer, Jim McAfee said in court.

A Samsung spokesman said they would not comment on this case at this moment but explained that an out-of-court settlement was still an option on the table.

more here:
https://www.tipsissuesonline.com/2018/09/woman-sues-samsung-for-18m-after-cell.html

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2018
How did the fone get to your vagina?

Oyibo people really dae craze

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2018
Is a phone supposed to be inserted into the private part in the first place? undecided
I don't see how Samsung phone company is responsible for her predicament.See the daft reason her lawyer gave to justify her legal action against Samsung company.I don't see why a company should caution you over the dangers of inserting your phone into your body cavities because the phones were not made for that purpose.
She should take up responsibility for her stupid and heedless action and stop looking for who to blame.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by VERQUEST111: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2018
Orisirisi

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by GudluckIBB(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2018
uniqueboi:
How did the fone get to your vagina?

Oyibo people really dae craze

Brother i dey tell you
our craze no reach half of their own

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
If you read the article well, you'll see she took them to court not because she couldn't retrieve the phone, but because they didn't add a warning note on the phone pack or manual, stating that if the phone enters such places retrieval is impossible.

Oyibos are crazy AF. They sue for every bloody damn thing.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by czarina(f): 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
SabiKing:
An Albuquerque woman is suing Samsung for $1.8 million after she necessitated medical attention after inserting her cell phone inside her vagina and was unable to retrieve it for 96 hours.

Salma Briant, 39, claims her medical bills at the University of New Mexico Hospital amount to $1,168,000 and that she has suffered from severe psychological distress because of the whole ordeal.

Briant said she first inserted the cell phone inside her vagina as a dare from one of her friends but quickly realized that the phone would not come out.

“I wanted to see how it would feel to put my cell phone on vibration mode inside of me, just for fun, but it soon turned out to be a nightmare,” she told judge Andrew Peterson in tears.

Attorney Jim McAfee’s claims his client was forced to undergo a cesarean section to remove the cell phone because of the atypical shape of her pelvis and had no insurance at the time.

"Samsung is definitely at fault here as they offer no warning about the dangers and potential risks during the insertion of their products inside their clients male or female body cavities or genitals” Salma Briant’s lawyer, Jim McAfee said in court.

A Samsung spokesman said they would not comment on this case at this moment but explained that an out-of-court settlement was still an option on the table.

more here:
https://www.tipsissuesonline.com/2018/09/woman-sues-samsung-for-18m-after-cell.html
cheesy cheesy cheesy bunch of loonies

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by FarahAideed: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
How does this even concern samsung and Samsung is even talking of out of court settlement already
Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by sekem: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hmmm.... I can't believe someone actually wants to use a phone as a vibrator

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by Patrinus: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
FarahAideed:
How does this even concern samsung and Samsung is even talking of out of court settlement already

If her attorney is good she'll get that out of court settlement. its a very valid argument.

You can expect to see such warning on cell phones from now on, at least Samsung is sure to put it on their next phone to be released into the market.
Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by DopeAngel(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2018
Patrinus:

If her attorney is good she'll get that out of court settlement. its a very valid argument.

You can expect to see such warning on cell phones from now on, at least Samsung is sure to put it on their next phone to be released into the market.
valid argument? You must be drunk to say that.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by angelboy01(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Definitely her VG must be really wide, so she opened and inserted the phone in her vagina in front of her friends. Crazy world indeed
Re: Woman Sues Samsung For $1.8M After Cell Phone Gets Stuck Inside Her Vagina by cahrlifa(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
Try dis in Naija mehn u are on ur own. Then someone will say africans have low IQ.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Shows Off The 30BG Online Shop (photo) / Linda Ikeji Is No More The Richest Blogger, Another Has Taken Over!! / Tacha Received 50million Naira Cash From Jeruma Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.