Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) (1671 Views)

Ways To Clean Up Your Slow Computer Memory / Computer Memory & CPU For Sale / Learn How To Upgrade Your Computer Memory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) by wande(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2006
I just bought a fairly used computer from an open bid in my company and the memory is 32MB i have tried upgrading it to 128MB or more so that i should be able to work effectively.
the problem now is the particular type of memory chip (EDO) which i have tried to install but the system rejected it. Can somebody help me out ?
Re: How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) by cooldee(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2006
hey, give a more vivd picture of what u have done.Are u trying to fix a DDRam on an SDRam slot? or vice-versa?how do u mean by ur computer rejected it?describe more what kinda system u have.the size of the hard disk and the type of board etc.
Re: How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2006
It is possible that the RAM circuitry used on that computer's motherboard is so old that the 128mb chip simply won't work on it. Sorry about this, I think you should have done more research before buying that obviously outdated PC. These days any PC that is capable of accomodating less than 256mb of memory is useless.
Re: How To Upgrade My Computer Memory (EDO RAM) by dakmanzero(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2006
::

(1) (Reply)

Hp Dv6000 Laptop At Give Away Price / How To Get The Model Of Your PC Using Command(cmd) / Fairly Used Richo Photocopy Machine For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.