Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew (14642 Views)

Inconclusive Election: Kano Women Protest Against INEC (Photos) / Inconclusive Election: Tambuwal Rejects INEC's Decision, Heads To Court / Osun 2018: Two Governorship Candidates Emerge In SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Tonalphs(f): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
My own is Osun state people be wise... Do not hand over your state to Tinubu else your governor will be paying commission like Lagos State. Instead of half salary, this time u guys won't get a dime fa. No man owns a state.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by OhiOfIhima: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Well said Mr man... They have forgotten so soon... Vr unsatisfied set of people.. Clamoring foul up n down. I hate people who doesn't like to hear the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by maestroferdi: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:

If you had a functioning brain, you’d know this isn’t about inference. Somebody who’s obviously more knowledgeable and more informed than you will ever be has taken his time to help your ignorance but you’re proving irredeemable.
Look at this quixotic character o...

How does he know more than me? OK he appended some doctor title to his name, abi?

I will volunteer to run, oshofree, a crash course on you about critical thinking and deductive reasoning.

Don't get me started or else I will render you an intellectual radioactive waste/rubble...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by BobJames1(f): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
Whatever this verbose verbiage was meant to achieve...

You disingenuously elected to omit the most recent example in Lokoja HOR supplementary election when INEC who should be ashamed of themselves rode roughshod against propriety and the rule of law to declare an APC the winner of the election.

It was glaring that even the concocted margin of victory fell clearly shot of the number of cancelled votes.

Prof Mahmud Yakubu has no integrity and as such should resign forthwith.

Buhari cowardly appointed his kinsman to smoothen APC's sundry electoral heist...

It is trite to state that the APC cannot win in any free and fair election in contemporary Nigeria...

I feel your frustrations! Take a chill pill and stop crying more than the bereaved. Inec did the right thing. What is right does not respect which side of the divide you are. So please calm down. All your ranting may not even fetch you anything. The incoming governor has enough issues before him. What is your own stress sef?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by PassingShot(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
Look at this quixotic character o...

How does he know more than me? OK he appended some doctor title to his name, abi?

I will volunteer to run, oshofree, a crash course on you about critical thinking and deductive reasoning.

Don't get me started or else I will render you an intellectual radioactive waste/rubble...
Empty head, empty barrel, making the loudest noise.
cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by 9jaown(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
1wolex85:

Were you in Osun to know what exactly happened? You think if they really wanted to declare APC the winner, they wouldn't have done that instead of going for a rerun in PDP strongholds?

You just like making noise, a pseudo intellectual full of nothingness. INEC has stated their reasons clearly which is in accordance with their guidelines so whats the fuss? The result will be easily thrown out in a court if they had done otherwise besides its the logical thing to do.

The results that were turn that you are referring to was for Ayedaade LGA where PDP claimed they should have had a thousand more votes, add the 1k to 353, thats 1,353 which is still less than the 3k plus cancelled votes, either way thre would still be a rerun.

Use you brain and stop writing to suit your bias.

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by udo2018: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
1wolex85:

Were you in Osun to know what exactly happened? You think if they really wanted to declare APC the winner, they wouldn't have done that instead of going for a rerun in PDP strongholds?

You just like making noise, a pseudo intellectual full of nothingness. INEC has stated their reasons clearly which is in accordance with their guidelines so whats the fuss? The result will be easily thrown out in a court if they had done otherwise besides its the logical thing to do.

The results that were turn that you are referring to was for Ayedaade LGA where PDP claimed they should have had a thousand more votes, add the 1k to 353, thats 1,353 which is still less than the 3k plus cancelled votes, either way thre would still be a rerun.

In your little mind you think it was easy for Inec to just declare the APC candidate winner.
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by OhiOfIhima: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:
Let us take a look at examples of these inconclusive elections.

Case Number (1)
IMO GUBER ELECTIONS 2015
Okorocha( APGA) —-385,671
Ihedioha( PDP) ——-306,142
Margin———79,529
Cancelled votes——-144,715

From the above, it is evident that the margin or victory was lower than the cancelled votes, a number that is enough to alter the balance. The Commission under Professor Attahiru Jega did the needful and promptly declared the elections inconclusive. Take note that my party, the ruling party then hailed the decision and applauded the decision of the INEC, calling it a “patriotic and sound decision “. Of course,APGA kicked against it.A re-run election was scheduled which APGA won.Recall that a similar situation had happened in 2011 in the same IMO between Okorocha and Ikedi Ohakim where INEC had declared the elections inconclusive because elections did not take place in some wards.

Case Number (2)
ANAMBRA SENATORIAL ELECTION 2011
Dora Akunyili( APGA) ——-66,273
Chris Ngige ( ACN) ——65,576
Margin —697

INEC declared the elections inconclusive because elections did not take place in some wards with a voting population that was higher than the margin of victory.

Case Number (3)
KOGI GUBER ELECTION 2015
Abubakar Audu( APC) —-240,867
Wada Idris ( PDP) —199,514
Margin —————41,353
Cancelled votes ———49,953

Again, the margin here was less than the cancellations and was rightly declared inconclusive by Professor Mahmood Yakubu led INEC. The point to note here was that the APC was by this time the ruling party and clearly had a huge lead but Yakubu still refused to budge under pressure by the ruling party to announce it as winner. My party the PDP applauded it.

CASE NUMBER (4)
BAYELSA GUBER ELECTIONS 2015
Dickson ( PDP) ——-105,748
Sylva ( APC)——72,594
Margin ——-33,154
In the case of Bayelsa, a contraption of an election had taken place in Southern Ijaw which had Sylva winning the entire 120,000 votes in that area, but this much maligned Yakubu refused to accept it , declared it inconclusive and ordered a re-run for the number of registered voters were clearly more than the margin of victory. The PDP received this news well and celebrated it.

CASE NUMBER (5)
ANAMBRA GUBER ELECTION 2013
Obiano ( APGA) —174,710
Tony Nwoye ( PDP) —-94,956
Margin——-79,754
Cancelled votes——-113,113
Again the Commission under Jega declared it inconclusive and the PDP celebrated it as a bold move.

I have taken time to outline these numbers to show that even where the margins were wide, and when logic will suggest that the lead would be insurmountable, so long as it is mathematically possible for someone from a losing position to win an election, it was incumbent on the Umpire NOT to declare a winner.

They must have forgotten especially that Kogi part. I am neither an APC nor PDP but I like politics play with pure mind and buried self interest to account for the electorates who voted you in..

The truth of the matter is dat 80% of those wailers that will comment on this post will never be patience to read and digest what the man is saying but jumping up and down for negative comments..

Whoever wins, Osun people voice must heard...

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by maestroferdi: 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
1wolex85:

I hope you can live with me when I start administering insults as you are doing above....

In any case, I can make sense out of the indulgent inaccuracies you want less discerning people to believe..

What is as clear as day is that APC have irredeemably lost the election.

Adeleke thrashed APC in Ijeshaland where Ogbeni hails from...Gentlemen who respect sportsmanship would have capitulated with the nature of defeat..

We are not deceived by the petty schemes of INEC and their APC collaborators.

Can you explain why Osogbo results were delayed only to be ostensibly padded to procure an inconclusive election?

You guys are insufferable, simple...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Doerstech(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
hMMMMMMM
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by maestroferdi: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:

Empty head, empty barrel, making the loudest noise.
cheesy grin
I have been your nemesis and that you know too well. ..

I will continue dominating you and there is nothing you can do about it...
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by tigerclaws: 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
Johnnyessensse:

Go suck your mama pussy cheesy
mynd44 lalasticlala
rule 2
also this is not real own
johnnyessence
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
I have been your nemesis and that you know too well. ..

I will continue dominating you and there is nothing you can do about it...
If this gives you false security, carry on. grin grin

I retired you and Barcanista in 2014/2015. I shall permanently do same in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by nwakibie3(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
Just like saying ' the Nigerian economy is bad, but leave Buhari out of it'!

grin
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by mandax: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:
This thread was done by a core PDP man in person of Dr. Chima Mathew Amadi (twitter handle @Amadichima). It is refreshing and educating for those who are willing to be educated. Enjoy!

A few hours ago, the Independent National Electoral Commission declared the Osun State Governorship elections inconclusive. This bold action has triggered all manners of verbal umbrage against the elections Umpire but particularly,the Head of INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu.Conspiracy theorists have latched upon this action to vent their anger on a man whose only “sin” was that he was appointed by the current president.But before delving into the Incredulity of judging a man’s character and competence for job through the lenses of his appointing authority,let us dispassionately examine today’s action by the EMB and try to anchor its legality or otherwise against the provisions of the statutes that undergird elections in our land.

First, the Constitution and the Electoral Act made it mandatory on INEC to conduct free, fair and credible elections. To achieve this, the voter is key. His/her vote must count. Protecting the sanctity of the vote is crucial. The entire electoral legal framework is intended to achieve this objective. Responsibilities are assigned, processes and procedures defined and sanctions prescribed all with the intention of achieving that objective.

Specifically Section 153 of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) empowers the Commission, in pursuit of the provisions of the Act, to "issue regulations, guidelines, or manuals for the purpose of giving affect to the provisions of this Act and for its administration thereof". Accordingly, INEC has made guidelines and regulations to protect the sanctity of the vote in instances where the processes are disrupted to disenfranchise voters. It is common knowledge that politicians have hijacked ballot papers, chased away voters and disrupted processes and procedures in order to gain unfair advantage.

That is why INEC formulated guidelines and regulations to the effect that where voters are disenfranchised on account of someone's disruptive action, INEC gives such voters another opportunity to vote where their number will make a difference to the outcome of the election. The Commission has been applying this regulation in several elections. So there is nothing new here. This was applied in Governorship elections in Imo (2011 and 2015), Anambra (2013), Taraba (2015), Kogi ,Bayelsa (2015) etc.

https://twitter.com/AMADICHIMA

Bunkum.

Logic and use of English language 5% each.
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
I applaud INEC and I applaud Buhari for giving them a free hand and true autonomy to carry out their job.

There is hope for Nigeria after all. Our elections are becoming very credible.

If APC wanted to use the might of the Fg to rig elections in Osun state do you think the difference between the APC votes and PDP votes will be a mere 400 ballots?

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by mandax: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:

You're trying too hard to make any sense.

Why are you this frustrated in life?

Receive Sense from people unarguably more educated and more exposed than you.
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
I hope you can live with me when I start administering insults as you are doing above....

In any case, I can make sense out of the indulgent inaccuracies you want less discerning people to believe..

What is as clear as day is that APC have irredeemably lost the election.

Adeleke thrashed APC in Ijeshaland where Ogbeni hails from...Gentlemen who respect sportsmanship would have capitulated with the nature of defeat..

We are not deceived by the petty schemes of INEC and their APC collaborators.

Can you explain why Osogbo results were delayed only to be ostensibly padded to procure an inconclusive election?

You guys are insufferable, simple...

And do you have proof that Osogbo result was padded? How come it's hard for you guys to reason anyway?

APC padded Osogbo result to obtain an inconclusive verdict and not an outright win?

Do you guys even listen to the trash you eject from your mind?

5 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by FestusIrohigbe: 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by omonuhabi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
*BREAKING NEWS!!*

PRESS RELEASE
24th September 2018

I,Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu a gubernatorial aspirant in Lagos State under the platform of our great party the All Progressives Congress (APC) after personal introspection and due consultation with party leaders, family members and my clerics hereby withdraw from the race for the gubernatorial primaries schedule for Saturday 29th sept, 2018

I wish the remaining aspirants in the race the best: as we all strive for the continuing growth, progress and development of our dear state and her people.

I commend members of the Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu Campaign Organization (BOSCO) especially the Director General Mr Tayo Ayinde; members of Mandate Group caucus led by HE Rauf Aregbesola, Cardinal James Odunmbaku ( aka Baba eto) and my teeming supporters whose enthusiasms commitments, sacrifices and prayers made the difference while our mission subsists. We withdraw today for tomorrow: keep faith.

Yours:

Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Besk: 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
maestroferdi:
Whatever this verbose verbiage was meant to achieve...

You disingenuously elected to omit the most recent example in Lokoja HOR supplementary election when INEC who should be ashamed of themselves rode roughshod against propriety and the rule of law to declare an APC the winner of the election.

It was glaring that even the concocted margin of victory fell clearly shot of the number of cancelled votes.

Prof Mahmud Yakubu has no integrity and as such should resign forthwith.

Buhari cowardly appointed his kinsman to smoothen APC's sundry electoral heist...

It is trite to state that the APC cannot win in any free and fair election in contemporary Nigeria...

Who’s this person, for gawd’s sake? You should be ashamed of yourself. This platform is for people with brains and you obviously don’t belong here.

My gawd!!! Is it that you can’t read? Jeez!!!

The write-up by that gentleman is logically unassailable and legally sound. Only paid e-rats of politicians (who lack a brain of their own anyway and are somehow so many on this platform) will not see sense in a balanced analysis such as this.

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Ovamboland(m): 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

They must have forgotten especially that Kogi part. I am neither an APC nor PDP but I like politics play with pure mind and buried self interest to account for the electorates who voted you in..

The truth of the matter is dat 80% of those wailers that will comment on this post will never be patience to read and digest what the man is saying but jumping up and down for negative comments..

Whoever wins, Osun people voice must heard...

Let the aggrieved party in Kogi go to court. if all you can bleat is what of Kogi rerun after the long list of similar cases affecting both divides of party in or out of power, you don't truly love the development of institutions in this country.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by maestroferdi: 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
Besk:
[color=#006600][/color]

Who’s this person, for gawd’s sake? You should be ashamed of yourself. This platform is for people with brains and you obviously don’t belong here.

My gawd!!! Is it that you can’t read? Jeez!!!

The write-up by that gentleman is logically unassailable and legally sound. Only paid e-rats of politicians (who lack a brain of their own anyway and are somehow so many on this platform) will not see sense in a balanced analysis such as this.
What nonsense are you talking about?

Who pays attention to some sham intellectual who elected to cherry-pick his way to a slanted analysis?

You are an APC supporter and that says it all... should be no need for further elucidation...
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by sexyanyabubakar(f): 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
1wolex85:

When will i buy this Latest Power Bike if Baba keeps paying these Npower Graduates 30k BMC salary every month

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by contigiency(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:

You’re proving to be .... irredeemable.

Honestly, you can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by maestroferdi: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ioannes:

And do you have proof that Osogbo result was padded? How come it's hard for you guys to reason anyway?

APC padded Osogbo result to obtain an inconclusive verdict and not an outright win?

Do you guys even listen to the trash you eject from your mind?
You are confusing nobody but yourself...

Who doesnt know that APC are desperadoes?
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by asobo: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Osun Election INEC contradict itself over inconclusive.

In the last APC Lokoja /Kogi by-election won by APC the following happened
The Returning Officer, Prof. Rotimi Ajayi, who announced the results as follows said

APC 26, 860 votes.
PDP 14, 845 votes.
Votes different: 12,015
Canceled vote: 19,960 (17 polling units)
Valid votes : 48,165

The Candidate of APC Alhaji Haruna Isah, was declared winner of the Lokoja/Kogi House of Representatives by-election.

Today Osun State Election was declared inconclusive.

Difference between APC and PDP =353
Cancelled (4 Polling units votes) =3498

Election declared inconclusive!

INEC electo
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Friend01(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:

If you had a functioning brain, you’d know this isn’t about inference. Somebody who’s obviously more knowledgeable and more informed than you will ever be has taken his time to help your ignorance but you’re proving irredeemable.

Please, bros stop replying that guy.
He clearly lacks comprehension.
How can somebody be this dump not to. see that all you cited were clear facts without bias but still goes ahead to shout wolf wolf. You should know some people on this platform lack objectivity that is why I, for one, do not believe in this hogwash call educated folks being intelligent.
There are many who are literate but are outrightly stupid.
And you will find many here.
Bros, juts forget that guy he knows nothing but rant like a child whose candy was taken.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Johnnyessence(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
tigerclaws:
mynd44 lalasticlala
rule 2
also this is not real own
johnnyessence
mynd44, lalasticlala, seun, please someone has been impersonating me of recent blowing his lies and propaganda against me. please kindly block the said account, the propagandist created the said account 2 days ago all in the name of destroying my brand name I created for going to decade now. please help me out in blocking the so called wrong account the propagandist created to impersonate me. the name of the said username is ''johnnyessensse'', I am not the owner of this account. please help me out oooo. thanks.
Re: Osun 2018 Inconclusive Election - Leave Mahmood Yakubu Alone - Dr. Chima Mathew by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
Quit being a clown...

If you had any honour, you would have conceded defeat instead of this puny attempt.

Looks like the lashings of a mangy dog in death throes...

I don't know which is more difficult to process... The reality that Nigerians have roundly rejected APC and the misery and retardation it connotes or the pragmatism that the decision to reverse back from the wrong road should not be affected by the distance covered on it.
what concerns me in all of this is the bitterness i sense in you. how can you possiblybe this bitter over politics and politicians you know very little about. This your PDP has been in charge of this country for 16years and we have over the years come to associate Nigerian elections with rigging so was it APC rigging those past elections? Assuming APC wins again in 2019 will you kill yourself? take it easy guy. one day you will literally explode if you continue like this

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Budget: President Buhari Is Responsible For Delay In Passage – Ekweremadu / Senator Ademola Adeleke has been declared Governor of Osun State by Wikipedia. / Okorocha: I Have Suffered Injustice From Govt I Helped Into Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.