Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (54672 Views)

Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds / Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by jumpandpas(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
femi4:
This one nko?

How's that accident to you?.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by sonnie10: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
femi4:
This one nko?

The driver must have been playing with match sticks and petrol in his dream
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by cregan(f): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
If u no fit control ur self for sleep, no sit near driver becos na ur sleep go INFECT am.

3 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Gerrard59(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
It is probably the system that sucks... Having drivers work everyday travelling long distances; from Uyo to Lagos, Lagos to Abuja, Port Harcourt to Abuja etc. everyday by the same drivers? shocked

Totally unsustainable. They have to change the system. Humans not robots.

But hey! They are amongst the best, but have to do more regarding drivers' welfare and work-life balance.

6 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by PastorandMentor(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
You are right. Our driver almost killed us when we took night bus to Abuja. Thank God for the man that sat in front.
LagosWharf:
Law of travelling number 1: Only a person who is vigilant should seat in front with a commercial driver. You can't fight to seat in front just for you to sleep off. Your first job is to watch the driver. Nuff said
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by femi4: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
jumpandpas:

How's that accident to you?.
define accident
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Dpharisee: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
femi4:
This one nko?

How does a bus on fire relate to sleeping on steering or careless driving?
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by basseyurom(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
You don't know GIG motor transport very well. it is still the most reliable transport coy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by 8stargeneral: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nwodosis:
But their drivers say that they are captains and always warn never to be addressed as drivers, how come a whole captain slept off?
I thought as much bro grin grin grin
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by FunkyAlhaji2015: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
cosmatika:
The passenger narrating the story should be blamed too. I don't sit in the front cos I like front seat, but to "assist" the driver. I call a driver to order wen he's not doing well. Dats why I don't like carrying ladies in front of my car. They'll be dere doing badoo or answering long calls, instead of putting eyes on the rd undecided
You drive for which transport company
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by openmine(m): 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
This same scenario occurred at that same spot 6 months ago......i almost lost a female colleague....
Imagine a GIGM driver boasting that he made 5 trips for a day....

I really like GIGM based on the business structure but if the management don't take care of their staffs esp the drivers by ensuring they get the required rest needed,they will soon experience frequent accidents like peace mass and be out of business in no time....

Any time i enter a transport bus,i hardly sleep.....Most transport company drivers are just so careless!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
The last time i used GIGM to lagos from benin the trip was smooth. God is Good has one of the best fleet and well disciplined drivers in edo state. This incident is kinder disapointing.

4 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by femi4: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dpharisee:

How does a bus on fire relate to sleeping on steering or careless driving?
google it!
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by 2odd(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:
You will never see ABC transport have accident in such manner

ABC all the way.....GIGM & piece Mass transit are two flying coffin
Without mincing words ,u are a fool !!!

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by KingsleyBuubba(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:

They can sue you for this. I hope you know that
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by shadyLP(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
femi4:
This one nko?

grin grin grin
Correct!
Real evidence..

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Obierika(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
GIGM has been getting some bad publicity lately
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by janefarms2015: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:
Law of travelling number 1: Only a person who is vigilant should seat in front with a commercial driver. You can't fight to seat in front just for you to sleep off. Your first job is to watch the driver. Nuff said

Very sensible statement, some people will be fighting for front seat and they are very useless there, front seat passangers are meant to be on the watchout 'drive' with the driver, talk to him everytime to keep him awake, besides these, the drivers should be given a day off to rest after each trip

4 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
basseyurom:
You don't know GIG motor transport very well. it is still the most reliable transport coy
and one of the best

1 Like

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by jumpandpas(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
femi4:
define accident

Define fire outbreak.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by cosmatika(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
FunkyAlhaji2015:

You drive for which transport company
My private love boat that I use to go drink beer and carry babes grin
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Henjor48(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
Chai, NA SLEEP DE RUSH THE DRIVER

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by allanphash7(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
You really got me cracking
Bomgirl:

Reason why I don't sit in front.
Small breeze, I don sleep. angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:

ABC transport?? ABC transport that its drivers ride their buses like dangote truck drivers.GIGM is far far better than ABC transport. ABC transport that have violent accidents on a daily basis with highly indisciplined drivers.
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by spartoo: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Virgohills:
As well as AKTC all drivers onpoint

Those AKTC drivers can speed like Hamilton but the good thing is, you'll rarely see them involved in an accident
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Fourwinds: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
LagosWharf:
I never knew some reason same as me.... Once I'm in front that is what I do... On several ocassion, I have actually caution a lot of drivers
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
shadyLP:

grin grin grin
Correct!
Real evidence..
there was one ABC transport accident that happened on the auchi -okene expressway. The bus was burnt beyond recorgnition with a huge number of casualty. It collided with a fuel truck. If u see the way those ABC drivers drive recklessly ..its like they always high on codiene b4 they embark on their journey.

4 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by clemz85(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
cosmatika:
The passenger narrating the story should be blamed too. I don't sit in the front cos I like front seat, but to "assist" the driver. I call a driver to order wen he's not doing well. Dats why I don't like carrying ladies in front of my car. They'll be dere doing badoo or answering long calls, instead of putting eyes on the rd undecided

My Opinion too
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by priest54: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Does the company have journey management managers? what level of safety precautionary measure did the company employ? was the driver well managed before embarking on the journey? who sat close to the driver? what was the person's role when he/she noticed that the driver was dozing off?.Not just rushing to take front seat.Finanly what are disciplinary measures in place to correct such abnormaly

2 Likes

Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by AmazingELixir: 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
undecided

So after charging customers exorbitant prices you still gaan crash them, GIGM there's God ooh!
Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by stagger: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:

Is it not ABC that once had an entire bus hijacked by armed men in the bus posing as passengers several years ago after taking off from PH and taken to an unknown location?

Stop this your marketing and demarketing campaign!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / A Visit To Kano 3-In-1 N4.5 Billion Dangi Underpass Bridge (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.