Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

The Last Insurgent - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Insurgent (26982 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Insurgent by omoola1122(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
pls more update
Re: The Last Insurgent by SokoDobo: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
TWENTY-ONE

“Leena is leaving you guys.” Kamal said with a roguish smile. “A cousin or a friend?”

“Leaving us?”

“She is getting married, right and you may not have the chance to see her like you used to do.”

“Ohhh, you are right. She is getting married but I will see her more than anyone else because I am her bridegroom.”

Kamal feigned to be astonished. He had confirmed that this was Manga. Why did he feel there was something sticky about this man?

“Are you serious? I thought it was Adam. The last time I checked, it was him. Sorry, let me reintroduce myself: I am Captain Kamal of ATOF.”

“Captain? That means you are a military man?”

“Yes, I am.”

“What is the meaning of ATOF?”

“Anti-Terrorism Operation Force. I am surprised you have not heard about us.”

“I have heard about ATOF but I did not know the meaning.”

“Okay. But I guess you know about the insurgents.”

He was watching Mufty closely to see his reaction.

Mufty smiled.

“Who hasn’t? Even those outside North-East know about it. We all live in fear.”

“It is a menace but we will get to the root of it.”

“Insha Allah.”

“I was in charge of her case when she was first abducted. That was how I got to know them. I was also I charge when she was said to be abducted the second time. That was when I met Adam.”
When she was said to be abducted, Mufty underlined the phrase. That meant he was suspicious. This man was here for a reason.

“I saw the state of perturbation he fell into. He was introduced as her fiancé. You can see why I am shocked that you are the bridegroom.”

“I understand. I would have being more astonished than you if I was I your position. That is the irony of life. It happened so fast. You believe in Destiny, don’t you? Maybe she was destined to be his wife”

“I do. Sorry, Manga, I am just a bit curious. Were you dating her before?”

“We met a few months ago.”

“Even when she was with him”

“I don’t know about that. I only got to him later as her friend’s fiancé.”

“Oh, Haneefa.”

“Yes.”

“Did you not know that Adam was her fiancé? The date had being fixed then.”

“I was told later. They decided to break up.”

“That is astonishing. I saw how agitated he was when she was missing. Did they have a quarrel? I am sorry for being so inquisitive. I have a fiancée and I am scared.”

Mufty smiled.

“If Allah says she is your wife, then it will be. If she will not, then it will not be.”

“I know right but there is always a causative factor.”

“I did not press to know what happened between them. There is no rift between them. In fact, Adam is my friend he is like a brother to her
now.

“That is true. Did she tell you about the guy who saved them?”

“Yes.”

“Do you think her encounter with the insurgents made her change her mind about getting married to Adam?”

“Are you interrogating me, sir? I thought you handled the case and may have talked to her.”

“I am not interrogating you. I am here on a personal visit but meeting you, and finding out that she is no more getting married to Adam got me curious. I am worried because her life may still be in danger. She saw the insurgent. She saw Jahl. They may see her as a threat.”

“Everyone has seen Jahl. The video is viral. He has nothing to be scared of. He wanted us to see him.”

“Yes, but she may have seen other things. They may have threatened her. The guy who saved them may have gone into a pact with them. We want to meet him. He may be of great help to us.”

“From what I am told, he saved over one hundred girls.”

“Yes, he did but it seems he was closer to her. He was said to have let the rest go and took her and another girl along. I need you to help me. You are her future husband. Her safety is important to you. I need you to help us with anything you can. Just anything.”

“I will.”

“And her break up with Adam….”

“With all due respect, sir, I am a very jealous guy. What transpired between she and Adam is over. I did not ask her for details because I do not want to know.”

“Yes, I am sorry if I trigger any emotion. This job of ours, makes us pesky and poke nosing but we just have to do it for the safety of the caboodle.”

“I understand.”

Leena came back and told Kamal that her father was expecting him. He nodded, smiled at Mufty and walked in.

“What has he been saying?” Leena asked.

Mufty smiled.

“He is curious. He wants to know why you and Adam split up. He is suspicious. He wants to know about the guy who saved you.”

“Oh my God!”

“There is nothing to be worried about. It is not astonishing.
I know the tracks. It is normal for them to be.”

“But….”

“Shhh….darling, I need you to let this off your mind. This should not spoil our mood. Can you get me a little from the gara( food brought by bride)?”

She laughed and forgot about Kamal immediately.

“What kind of bridegroom are you?”

“A proactive one. I guess you have started making alkaki, dubalan.”

She laughed again.

“I am not giving it to you.”

“Why?”

“Because I will like to feed you myself and I can’t do that now. Meanwhile, I think there is food in the house.”

“Save me dear..and about feeding me, can we just get married now?”

“Nah, they said it is next year.”

“If anyone asks after me, just say I am dead.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Insurgent by Evold: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Manga is too bright. He might survive the storm
Re: The Last Insurgent by FortunateB(f): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Last Insurgent by SokoDobo: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kamal got into his jeep after the leaving the house. He made a call and briefed Derrick.

“But you may get him on the alert. If he is the one, he will know we are after him.” Derrick said.

“That is the objective. If he is the one, he would know it. I made him know that we are suspicious on purpose. It is a Trojan horse. I am going to set men to watch him. I have got plans. But his calmness is befuddling. I could not pick any expression from his face. I hit him with some points but he never reacted out of the norm.”

“Hmmm..”

“But something stinks about him. I will send men to keep eyes on him.”

Three men came out a mosque and walked quietly to a waiting minivan. They were all dressed in white caftans. A close observation would show the bulges under their clothes. Those were hidden guns.
They were all quiet, but their eyes spat fire. These men were out on a mission. Mufty had to die. He was alive and had been found. Now they had to trace him.
The leader of the team was Idi. He looked so calm but he was very deadly. He was referred to as New-Mufty before Jahl banned the name. Mufty had backslid, lost his faith, joined the world of infidels and must not have his name associated with the pious men fighting for God.

“Let me see the address.” He said softly, his deadly eyes on the steering wheel. Kabul, one of the men passed a phone to him. Idi looked scrolled down and studied it.
His lips widened slightly to produce a dangerous smile. He had no doubt that there was going to be carnage that day. Mufty could not go against the laws of God and enjoy his wedding which was that day.

“Masha Allah.” Idi said in a low tone. “Masha Allah. It is a go.”

The car engine was started and the van moved. They were going to finish him on his first night.

“Move it soldiers!” Kamal said as his men jumped into the military trucks, all armed to the teeth. “Serge, fix your helmet.”

He picked a call.

“It worked out.” Kamal said. “He fell for it. It is him.”

“So fast?” Derrick said.

“We are on our way to get him. It is going to be by 17:00 hours.”

“Whoa! How did you do this?”

“I am sorry we are on our way. I will tell you later. My men got things off him and he was so foolish to fall for it. He thought he was being smart.”

“Don’t you need us?”

“It is our party, officer.”

“I have Mopol, officer.”

“Too late. I’m off. It is a pity it is happening on her wedding night. This job of ours.”

“She is an accomplice then. We will have her.”

“Let’s see how it rolls.”

He ended the call and moved with hard, heavy and nimble steps to his jeep. There was a private soldier behind the wheel. The truck was behind.

“Move!”

Mufty came out of the mosque after Isha’i prayer. It was the only mosque in the estate. He loved the mosque because the imam was a real bastion of Islamic ethics.

“Assalamu alaikum.” Someone said from behind him. Mufty was in haste. He turned and saw a middle aged man coming towards him.

“Ah, Ameen wa alaikum salal, Mallam Nuhu.” Mufty replied. “I did not see you in the masjid.”

“I was at the back row. I am impressed to find a new bridegroom at the front row. Congratulations!”

“Thank you.”

“How is your wife?”

How is your wife? That was new and sounded strange. He remembered in the camp when he claimed to have gotten married to Leena. They had congratulated him, and they would ask after his wife but he never felt anything because he knew it was not real. He wondered how those men felt at ease sleeping with women they illegally married to.

He was now a married man. It felt surreal.

“Alhamdulillah.” Mufty replied.

“I can see that you are not used to the question.” Nuhu said and laughed. “I can see that you are in haste. I understand.”

“No, Mallam Nuhu. I wished the imam had decided to preach until morning, I would have stayed behind.”

“Savage!” They both laughed. “Going home is part of religious acts. A million ways to acquire rewards choose. I do not want to waste your time, I just wanted to congratulate you and tell you that I and my wife will come and visit you. I live just three blocks from you.”

“I know right. I saw you the other day I brought paints.”

“That is true. There is something I will like to discuss with you on Monday at office by the grace of God.”

“No problem.”

“Thank you very much.”

“The pleasure is mine. Please extend my regards to madam and the kids.”

Mufty continued his journey back home. The mosque was just a few blocks away from his duplex. He got to the door, and felt his heart racing.
He slot in the key and opened the front door. As he pushed the door, he saluted. There was no reply.
He stepped into the living-room. He loved the chic, sophisticated furnishing. He realised that he had being living a life void of love of luxury all these years. There was nothing wrong in living a luxurious life once the means are legal and it does not take you away from worship.

The fragrance made the air sweet. He had known that Borno natives never took the love for incenses and perfumes likely. He marveled at the amount of money they spent on perfumes and incenses.
Was this real? Was it just a dream? No! It was not a dream because he saw her descending down the stair slowly.
She looked so majestic, radiant, glamorous, charismatic, beautiful and sexy.

He had never seen her like this. Her head was uncovered and her hair was the first thing that made his intestine cobble wobble. It shone and the reflections gave a shade of white and black while they sparkled as she moved slowly.

Her earring was golden, just like her necklace and bangles. Mufty could see the refection of her nose ring and he felt he was going to lose frictional and gravitational forces which was prone to making him fly off the floor.
He mentally grabbed a pole, to stop him from falling or flying off. He could picture an image of him standing like a goon, with mouth opened; eyes wide opened and gaped with his hands on his head. He may not have done those literally or physically but he was mentally there.

He just stood gawking. She still had her make-up. The eye shadow and eye lashes set her dark, eyes into an organ of power, valour and captivation.
She wore a white silky gown which made her curves and edges prominent. Even though her legs were hidden by the gown, her steps made it clear that she had long straight legs. She was a youth, and her chest proved that.

She reached the ground floor and flashed a smile. Her firm lips curved, and her white teeth exposed. As she opened her mouth to speak, he nearly rushed to grab her and devour her mouth but he restrained.

“Welcome back, my love.” She spoke softly.

Was she enticing him or tormenting him? He was almost breathless. He had not started but he felt he would never have enough. Okay, she was his so there was no case of torment. He was just overwhelmed.

Welcome back my love.

His first welcome back. This was not a SIM card welcome back. This was a husband’s welcome back. A welcome back that reminded him that he had a responsibility, someone who expected him back anytime he was not around, someone to come home for, someone who was his and he was hers, someone he could find solace in.

“Thank you my love. You are a beaut but beaut is you. Masha Allah.”

She looked at him, admiring his handsome face and sturdy stature.

“Thank you.” She said and he observed that she held a pack of cards. She raised them to her chest and turned the first one.

Mufty read: my name is Leena Idris.

She turned the second one and he started reading them as she flipped.

I am a married woman.

She flipped.

You are a married man.

Married to the man I love most.

My body and soul are here for you. You are my love and host.

I am imperfect.

But I will always reflect.

From your world I won’t defect.
I may be weak and lame.

But I feel string juts by the mention of your name.

From tonight, I know I will never be the same.

May Allah be with us.

The cards were finished.

He was a man but her words on cards made him emotional. This was a girl who had left everything and everyone to be with him. He promised himself to love her, protect her and care for until his last breath.
He did not say that aloud. He felt words were not enough to express his emotions.

He took a few slow steps and stopped before her. They now stood very close to each other; their faces so close he could feel her warmth.
He lowered his hand and collected the cards.

“I will cherish these for the rest of my life.” He whispered and carefully placed them on a stool. He now lowered both hands and grabbed hers.
Their first touch.

“I do not have much to say Leena. Your eyes make me speechless but in my heart, there is a celebration of love, bliss, hope, oasis, serenity and victory. These are the some of the gifts you brought to me. I just want you to trust me. I trust you totally. Leena, you make my fears leaner, I am a sinner, but you make it thinner.”

He moved his hands, disengaging them from hers but still held on to her. He moved the hands slowly and sensually until they stopped by her arms. He had his eyes piercing into hers. She had to sum up courage to meet his gaze. She felt shy, nervous but she just knew she was at the right place, at the right time with the right person.

He drew her closer and the hands coiled her. She moved hers and held him.
Their eyes on each other. It was like they were both nervous, or skeptical. He smiled and the smile broke the line. She melted, feeling hot at the same time cold: paradoxical.
But the blend of both feeling created a balance, which felt so nice and nicer as she saw his face come closer and his lips arrested hers.

The first kiss.

This kiss made her forget that she had cried a few hours ago as she left home. This kiss reminded her that she was home. This was home.
They were almost lost before they came out of the dalliance with an effort. If this had gone on, they could have altered chronology.
She looked at him and turned her face with a smile. Why was she shy. He moved and held her from the back. He sent her hand to his ear and caressed.

“I know you are hungry.” She said. “Food is ready, sir.”

He chuckled, his hands moving over her.

“Thank you ma’am. Yes, I have not eaten since breakfast.”

“Why?”

“They said excitement do take away appetite sometimes. Now I understand better. I just had a bottle of malt in the afternoon.”

She turned and looked at him. He could not stop getting enticed by those eyes.

“Come with me, my baby. You need to get fed.”

“I am vindictive. If you feed me, I will feed you back. No cheating.”

“That is getting even.”

They chuckled and walked to the dining table holding each other with love and joy.

The minivan pulled up close to a long fence in a dark part of the street. The men sat in silence while Idi checked the address.

“Masha Allah.” He said. “We are there.”

The sound of the cracks he heard told him that the men were setting their guns already. “That is the house. They are definitely inside.”

The military cars pulled up at the end of the street. Kamal was first to alight. He held a pistol while another pistol hung in a holster.
He signaled the military men to alight. They began to alight. Their sight was scary.
He gave them a last order and they began to march forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Insurgent by tijehi(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
Mission possible for ATOF

Mission impossible for Jahl's men
Re: The Last Insurgent by skubido(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hmmmmm.

Tanks for the update
Re: The Last Insurgent by Evold: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2018
Waiting for the show down
Re: The Last Insurgent by SokoDobo: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2018
TWENTY-TWO

Before they settled at the dining table, they performed two raka’ats of prayer. Now they sat at the dining table, their chairs juxtaposed. Mufty had pulled off his caftan and wore a t-shirt and black sports pants. Leena had also removed her veil after the prayer.
Mufty was mesmerized with the manner she had set the table. There was Barbecued Picnic Chicken with Chicken Peach-Cucumber Salsa; Creamline Yoghurt, Chocolate profiteroles, Kunun aya, home-made fruit juice, and fresh fish soup.

She had arranged the varieties of fruits in an amazing way. This was good and he loved every moment of it.
She was sitting very close to him. He touched her cheek with his lips.

She pulled the chicken towards her, used a table knife to slice off some parts before she slowly sent a soft flesh into his mouth.
He masticated slowly. He also took a piece and sent it towards her mouth. As she opened her mouth, it was slow, and he saw the slight movement of her tongue, her well set teeth, and the curving of her wet lips. And he nearly took back the meat to send his lips to hers. She was breath-taking, attractive and addictive. He put in the meat and she chewed. He gave her a peck on the lips. He could not just let those lips go free. They were his and he had the prerogative to have them.

“I love you, Leena. I swear I do,”

She smiled, blushed and said, “I love you too….BB”

He raised his eyebrow.

“Okay, you hid the name you will call me until now.” He smiled. “May I know what BB means. Let me guess, Big Buffon?”

She slightly hit him and laughed.

“How dare you call my husband a buff…..no, I can’t even repeat that. Dude, you should have some respect for me and my husband. Wait, am I really saying husband? Oh my God! I am married, and it sounds so new.”

He chuckled. He could understand. It felt surreal.

“I am sorry for calling your husband that.”

“Good. BB mean Big Bear.”

“Hmmm….”

“I chose to call you that because you are as strong as a bear and makes me feel secured and protected. I call you a bear because you are not androgynous yet you are soft and mild. You are my big bear because sleeping in your arms will give me that comfort I need. You are my bear, my pet and I plan to take care of you my baby.”

Mufty was taken away by her words. He loved girls that could express themselves, their feelings and that did not give any man the effrontery to take their love for granted. They were not foolish or gullible. They should be appreciated. There was a big difference between simplicity and stupidity. He had found love, he appreciated it and that meant holding on to it.

“I will go to court and my new name becomes Muhammad Manga BB.”

She giggled.

“I want to be your bear. This bear will bear with you through thick and thin. I am your bear, you are my lily, and I can’t wait to have you in my arms, give you that cuddle, with love in bundle. For example, your dimple is just a sample of your countless endowments my apple.”

She put another piece of meat in his mouth and he did the same. They ate, taken a little of each variety of food. It was so romantic coupled with the slow song that blared.

After the meal, he held her hand and he found her trembling even though she tried to hide it.
He got on his feet; he pulled her up and held her by the waist. She reluctantly held him. She was nervous. They walked slowly to the bedroom.
The bed was king size and beautiful. The bed sheet was made it look royal and romantic. He loved the room, the decoration and the furnishing.
They spoke less and he observed that she had lost some of her composure. He turned her and they stood facing each other. He kissed her.

“I am your husband; you are my wife. We belong together and that means a big wall has been broken between us. We have carte blanche here. Do not be afraid or shy.”

She nodded and closed her eyes.

He touched her face, kissed her forehead and embraced her. She felt more comfortable. She saw him pull off his t-shirt and she felt so weak she sat at the edge of the bed. What was going to happen?
When she saw his chest and abs for the first time, she melted. He was not too brawny, but he had the body of an athlete. He moved slowly to her, dragged her to her feet and they held her. She heard the sound of the zip of her gown and knew there was no escape.

But he was doing some things that swept her fears and nervousness away. Now she was more curious. Let it be, she relaxed and offered herself whole heartedly. He was her husband.

Mufty lowered her to the bed.

Idi moved slowly, stealthily, his AK 47 ready and a bomb in his pocket. He knew there was no way Mufty could escape. He knew Mufty was a soldier but he did not know that they were coming. He frowned. He did not like that. He wanted to face him and not sneak on him. He was being called the New Mufty. That was annoying. He wanted to be original and do what Mufty never did and killing Mufty head on was going to make him happy. But he had no choice now than to follow orders.

Kabul was behind him. The street was dark and the distances between the house and the neighboring houses were wide. They did not care about the neighbors. Anyone who dared interfered would receive a slog.

“The backup have come.” Kabul whispered. He just received a text that there was a truck with ten gunmen by their minivan. The third man was waiting by the van.

Idi guessed Mufty was having a nice time now. That would be the best time to get the infidel, apostate, and lost soul.
He stopped by the front door and listened. He heard nothing. He removed a small tool and slot into the keyhole. He twisted, and the door was opened. He smiled. He loved hard locks that challenged his ambidexterity but only few of such locks existed. The only locks he hated were automated, digital locks but anything manual was his game. He removed a small plastic and poured some oil on the hinges and door knob. He turned the door knob and pushed the door. It opened silently. He smiled. He slid in, followed by Kabul.

He removed the bomb and hid it behind a sofa.

He looked round the house and saw nobody. He pointed his head upwards.

“Their bedroom should be upstairs.” He whispered.

Kabul nodded.

They began to ascend the stairs silently. These men were trained killers. They saw a door and something told Idi that Mufty was inside. He turned and looked at Kabul. He gesticulated and Kabul nodded. He understood. Detonate the bomb if anything went wrong.
It was time for Mufty and his devilish wife to take a bow.

Leena turned and he grabbed her and pulled her back. She giggled. She relaxed and summed up the courage and turned back at him. She loved him and it seemed the feelings proliferated.
The fear, jitteriness, and unbalance were over. She was now a woman and being his woman made it more interesting. She had shared a room with him for weeks, never thought he would not rape her. He did not but now she was his. Patience was a virtue.

She felt peace, love and bliss. Her dreams had come true. She knew what she felt when she thought she would never see him again. The risk she took to find him. Her intentions were good and God helped her. Now she found him, and most importantly he followed her and left a dark past.

Mufty felt what he had never felt before. The person he had lost in himself many years ago was back and better. He was gullible and naïve then, Now he understood better. No one could cajole him to derail now. Thank God sent this princess whom turned to be his wife to him.
She excused herself and went into the bathroom. He watched her as she walked. He smiled at himself. He had the best woman. She was his dream woman and he felt she was enough for him.

As she came out, she saw him standing before the door.

“What?” She asked.

He held her and they went back inside. There was no Jacuzzi but the new bathtub he fixed was large and beautiful.
He began to mix water while she watched him. When he was through he held her and they got inside.
Oh no! It was good to be legally married. They were still having fun as Idi and Kabul got to the door and he slot in his master key.

“Oh my God!” Kamal exclaimed as he saw a text message.

“We are late. He is not alone. They are inside already.” He said. “Surround the house. Nothing comes out and leave. I mean nothing and includes an ant!”

“Yes, Sir!”

The military men began to move faster.

“Foes, fire!” A sergeant said as he caught sight of the truck with the backup insurgents.

Ratatatata!

There was an immediate exchange of gunfire.

Idi frowned. He just heard that as he opened the door. What was wrong?

“There is trouble.” Kabul said.

“We must hurry.” He said as he heard more gunshots.” He entered the room and pointed his gun. There was nobody on the bed. The lights were out but the faint rays of light made enabled them to see.
His blotchy eyes travelled to the bathroom door. It was obvious a man and a woman were on this bed not long ago. He had to hurry.

“Let us juts bomb the house and leave.” Kabul suggested.

“No.” Idi said. He wanted to put a slog through Mufty. It was at that point he came out of the bathroom as he heard the voice. He wanted to speak but it was too late. Idi sent bullets into his body.
His woman shouted and Kabul rushed there and fired more bullets. She died instantly.

“Let’s move.”

As they began to leave, Idi stopped and put on the light. He wanted to go back and be sure they were dead when he heard gunshots very close.

“Move it!” He said.

As they went down stairs they saw military men in the living room. It was too late.

“Detonate the bomb!” Idi shouted but he could not.

Bullets riddled their bodies and they both died before they dropped on the floor.

“There is a bomb in the house!” Kamal shouted.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Insurgent by MhizFavour: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2018
What did i just read? I hope its a lie o. SokoDobo come and clarify.
Re: The Last Insurgent by khaifa(f): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
Sobs embarassed
I know it's not true!
Please save them...
Re: The Last Insurgent by PraisesG(f): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hope it's another dream,poster.
Re: The Last Insurgent by excelmerry: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
I know nothing happened to them. I think they got the wrong couple. Afterall the place was dark. Mufty is too smart to completely let down his guard like that.
Re: The Last Insurgent by skubido(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ayemiiiiiiii,, lobatan.. OP is like there mixup ,, cuz I don't understand.. Plz what happen to BB and she
Re: The Last Insurgent by tijehi(f): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
I know what happened.....the insurgents entered the wrong house
What am I even saying sef......
Re: The Last Insurgent by headbasher96(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
nice twist
Re: The Last Insurgent by Culin(f): 12:14am On Oct 19, 2018
Jeez another dope one. I am coming, let me meet up with "beneath my heart" first.
Re: The Last Insurgent by Ann2012(f): 4:34am On Oct 19, 2018
skubido:
Ayemiiiiiiii,, lobatan.. OP is like there mixup ,, cuz I don't understand.. Plz what happen to BB and she

I believe it's not their house
Re: The Last Insurgent by cerowo(f): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2018
sokodobo hope u will finish this yr story oo not like wat u did in "married to a fink" I don't have money to buy hardcopy anyways nice story u got here keep it coming
Re: The Last Insurgent by omoola1122(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2018
i dont like tragedy. i hope nothing happen to new couple?

abeg i need more from u SOKODOBO
Re: The Last Insurgent by SokoDobo: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
Mufty smiled as they left the bathroom. His phone was ringing. He went and picked it.

“Hello.”

“Done, sir.” Someone said. “Idi and the men are dead. So is Alarama and his woman. It worked.”

Mufty smiled.

“Alhamdulillah. This is just the beginning. I will get back at you.”

He turned to see his wife on the bed. He would not tell her what just happened. It was their first night. He would not tell her that it was him who set them up because he knew they were after him. He would not tell her that Kamal thought he was a fool. Setting men to watch him was an advantage to him. This was now more of a war of brains.

He remembered how he did it. But for now, he still has a first night with his pretty wife.

He walked slowly to her with a smile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Insurgent by SokoDobo: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
TWENTY-THREE

“It is befuddling.” Kamal said, removed his cap and dropped it on Derrick’s desk. He lowered his balk and heaved a sigh. “It’s still a dead end.”

Derrick pointed at a percolator.

“Coffee?”

Kamal nodded and carried a teacup, poured coffee into it and sipped.

“Do you mean Manga was not found there?”

Kamal shook his head.

“No. But our mystery man knew something. He must have being an insider.”

“I am confused.”

“We set up a trap for Manga whom our men have been watching. We dug into his activities. Our men followed him to a mall and he met with someone. Their rendezvous looked fishy. One of my men followed the young man Manga met. The second man followed Manga. The young man was followed to Alaramma’s house. He was seen loitering around the house as if stalking.

Alaramma was attacked because he worked with the late Sheikh. We got suspicious. The intelligence soldier saw Manga move out of his house at night. This happened on his wedding day. He was followed to a road that led to Alaramma’s house.
When I got this information, I became suspicious. I had no doubt Manga knew something. Manga left his new house in the evening, took a bike and arrived at Baruwa. He entered a stall, came out and took another bike to Alaramma’s area. We were alerted and we swept into action.
But we were late. The insurgents were there before us. They had got in and killed alaramma and a woman.”

“His wife?”

Kamal shook his head.

“A mistress.”

“What? Is that allowed?”

“No. That was a secret we found out. He was not as religious as he claimed.”

“Why do you think he was killed?”

“That is part of the things we are trying to figure out. They got him before us. We killed all of them. None of them escaped but unfortunately, we could not get anyone alive.”

“What about Manga? Did you kill him too?”

“That is the irony. He was not there.”

“But he was followed.”

“I am confused. The soldier was sure he was followed but Manga was seen in the mosque. He even spoke to his colleague. He has a strong alibi.”

“How is that possible?”

“I think the man who was followed is not Manga. The soldier was in Mammy Market that afternoon. He may have been drunk.”

“What about the young man who Manga met?”

“He was seen there. He was not loitering about. He said Alaramma owed him some amount of money and refused to pay him so he followed him to his secret lodge.”

“Owed him for what?”

Kamal sipped coffee.

“He sells caps. We checked his call logs and realised that he and Alaramma had been contacting.”

“But he still met with Manga. What about that?” Derrick asked.

“He said he owed Manga. He sold a cap to him that was faulty and Manga asked for a refund. That prompted him to go to Alaramma to get his money, buy another cap and give to Manga who was angry because he wanted to use it for his wedding.”

Derrick moved his backwards.

“Where was the Youngman when the insurgents came?”

“He ran away. He called Alaramma who did not pick. Then he called our emergency line. When the operator picked, he babbled in confusion. It was later we related the incidence to the carnage.”

“I see why there is confusion.”

“There is something else…”

“Hmmm?”

“Someone called us and said Alaramma killed the sheikh. He said we should check his phone logs, we may find a certain number. He gave us the number.”

“This is getting more intense.”

“We searched his phone and guess what?”

“What?”

“We saw a number that matched.”

“Whoa!”

“And we called the number.”

“Was there a pick?”

Kamal took a sip and replenished the cup.

“The voice I heard was that of Jahl. Immediately he realised that it was not Alaramma, he cut the line. That was before he may have found out that his men are dead. That was the last time the line existed. We recorded the voice and compared it with that of Jahl. We got a match.”

“What? You mean he was part of them”

“We suspect that. He has a lot of wealth but we don’t his source of income. He was known to have a shop where he sold Islamic books and CDs. What we saw could not provide what he had.”

“Were his bank transactions scrutinised?”

“He never received transfers. He deposited cash.”

“Who made this call?”

“We traced the number. The SIM was registered with the name of Sule Hamidu. He died one year ago. But he said something….he called himself Maskman.”

“What!”

“And the leak started from our social media agent.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Insurgent by skubido(m): 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
Tank God oooo, I for fear ooo.
Re: The Last Insurgent by Parollawd(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
Manga is smart

Read other interesting stories here https://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html
Re: The Last Insurgent by Ann2012(f): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
skubido:
Tank God oooo, I for fear ooo.

No fear jare

Our BB na smart guy
Re: The Last Insurgent by skubido(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
Ann2012:

No fear hare

Our BB na smart guy

Make im dey smart dem dey go ooo,,
Re: The Last Insurgent by Evold: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2018
Manga is too much for ATOF and the like. How wonderful
Re: The Last Insurgent by headbasher96(m): 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
Evold:
Manga is too much for ATOF and the like. How wonderful
but captain kamal is very intelligent o manga should not right him off cuz i see him been a pain in the ass
Re: The Last Insurgent by pureheartlady(f): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Together Forever / Wole Soyinka Joins University Of Johannesburg / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.