Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling (26362 Views)

The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by exlink10(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
English is not our mother-tongue but yet it is Nigeria official language since we were colonised by the British. Which make it normal for us as Nigerians to question some spellings in English language.

Apart from being the hardest course I have ever known, often time, you hear how an English word is pronounced but when you see the spelling, you will wonder how and why is been pronounced the way it is.

Our question; name that English word you totally disagree with its spelling.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/09/name-that-english-word-you-totally.html

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 obinoscopy

7 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by fatomayo(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
soldier

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by amaniro: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
Psychology.

28 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
My own is maneuver.

I mean, seriously, shouldn't it be manover? After all, there's no such word

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Les: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue

30 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Lombrozo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
House

should have been *Aouse.

3 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue
olodo

249 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Anaximander(f): 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mine is biscuit. It should be biskit

173 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Onomatopoeia. . . it should have been ONOMATOPIA grin

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lombrozo:
House

should have been *Aouse.
Lalasticlala, this his ow you know ha Yoruba person.

150 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by justflow1(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
jojoba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by BonkoINC: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hire.
Higher.... Why?

Not
Knot..... Why?

Knight
Night.....why?

Highland
Island ...why?

Why is it biscuit instead of biskit? grin
Disguise instead of disguys... Or thisguys. grin
Physique instead of fysik . (Ok this one dost follow , lol)

Now there are some words we can disagree with their spellings

Mortgage.. why not morgage..

Colonel... For real? Colnel nko?

Queue..... grin

chasm chaos chord chorus character ache echo school (where is the 'K' in these words?).

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Thejustw14(m): 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
Knicker should be nicar.:!!:.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by debayun(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mine is "Quay" only for the fucking shit to be pronounced "Key" I wonder why dey can't leave the pronunciation as quay. That shit tortured me in waec mad people angry angry

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by csnc: 1:19am On Sep 25, 2018
Missing
I wonder why there is no word as Missen

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Masterclass32: 3:01am On Sep 25, 2018
''Enough'', yet pronounced /enuf/

What is the 'gh' doing there?

''Knife'' also comes to mind.

Wasting the 'k' for no reason.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by malificent(f): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2018
Eugene, phoebe

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by goshen26: 7:19am On Sep 25, 2018
Rhyme

Joseph, Philanthropic

Psychology, Psyche

6 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by jude33084(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Psychology grin

Abandoned P cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
angry

A female Pastor should have been called a Mastor

Secondly I wonder why the word 'ewe' is pronounced 'you'. It should have been 'ewe' literally

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
MY OWN IS BUHARI

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by constance500: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Wire... It should be waya grin
Elephant too.. It should be ELEFANT

8 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by trytillmake(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Louvres; this word was hard to spell when growing up --- abeg them for make luvers na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by id4sho(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
CHAOS
if you concur, hit like.

#BACKTODAURA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by ch3ckm8: 7:21am On Sep 25, 2018
malificent:
Eugene, phoebe
I've always had an issue with Phoebe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 25, 2018
cool

Pneumatic
Soldier

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by JIDEproudAFONJA(f): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2018
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 25, 2018
Pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Graduate Pushed Into Dirty Water By Friends In Celebration (Photos) / Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School / Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.