Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling (26363 Views)

The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by dingbang(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue
I have always pronounced it as bukwet cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by capatainrambo: 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
it's the pronunciation that matters

these words 're for thin liped Caucasians not not before
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Bonaventura(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Quay should be kwei instead of key
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Warripikin08(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
iron sugar one

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by DEIFIED(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
They are just too many. English is a crazy language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by dingbang(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Laugh

Laff
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by triplec93(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2018
My is choir, wetin concern the pronunciation with the spelling, english get wahala ooh.

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Benoxvals(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine are..
Conscience..
Etiquette..
Pneumonia..
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by frozen70(f): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine is KNIFE
It's supposed to be nife

PSALM
It's supposed to be salm

KNEE
It's supposed to be nee

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by chrisifeanyi: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Is their English. Is it yours
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by teepha: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Ewe...hew
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by jhydebaba(m): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2018
Chaos - keus

Plumber - pluma
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Geesaintagape: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2018
One - not related with won
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2018
schedule, it should have been skedu
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by chendstone01(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2018
squirrel why not schoolrel

butcher why not bullcher

yoghurt why not yogot

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2018
Masterclass32:
''Enough'', yet pronounced /enuf/
What is the 'gh' doing there?
''Knife'' also comes to mind.
Wasting the 'k' for no reason.

"Enough" is pronounced /ɪˈnʌf/
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by SOFTENGR: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2018
It's okay, issokay grin
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by kingar(m): 7:30am On Sep 25, 2018
One should Av been wan.
Iron should b ayon
Eye too should b like I
Imagine I was embarrassed in primary school Wen I pronounced MOSCOW as its spelt.... What is cow doing there

3 Likes

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Mizwisdom(f): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2018
Fine should be Fain grin

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by shedrack1234: 7:32am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine is buhari it should be burial
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by pathneluti(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2018
I guess u neva thought of COW, ONE etc..
Cow should be pronounced as kow... Or d spellin b changed to CAW(KAW).. Wat about "ONE", dis is clearly O-NE (in igbo and ukwani alike "how many").. Why not spell it as WAN..
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by rock003: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
And so on tongue

Bouquet isn't an English word.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by AdemolaA2: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Queue - should have been Qiu
Receipt - “. “. “. Receat
Rhythm - “. “. “. Rytheem
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by shadyLP(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Pneumonia..
Abandon P
Y?
grin

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by encryptjay(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Diarrhoea

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by flyDixon: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
And so on tongue

Bouquet, is not an English word
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by helphelp: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2018
justflow1:
jojoba

Hohoba
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2018
women....the 'o' was replaced with e

knee,queue
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2018
pathneluti:
I guess u neva thought of COW, ONE etc..
Cow should be pronounced as kow... Or d spellin b changed to CAW(KAW).. Wat about "ONE", dis is clearly O-NE (in igbo and ukwani alike "how many"wink.. Why not spell it as WAN..
women too
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Iyajison: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2018
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]ISLE
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by dabwan123(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2018
St. Louis = St. luwi...what's the S doing there biko?

Colleague = Coliq...what's all those gue doing there?

Mozambique = Mozambiq

Mosquito.. Moskito

Colloquial = Colokyal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Graduate Pushed Into Dirty Water By Friends In Celebration (Photos) / Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School / Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.