Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434391 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2011
The upper LNB with dilectric place inside the throat is for circular polarity satellites like 906/c, 902/c, nss7/c, w2a/c,907/c etc. While the lower LNB is for linear polarity satellites like 7/10c, thaicom 2/5c, paksat 1, etc. Of course the middle LNB is for KU satellites.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2011
Adex70:

@phizz what is the software in your 69x that open those 4 badry chanel, is it 120p or 130p tell us. @George i will be patience as u have advise but i will change the position of the dielectric in the lnb and see how it will go, curently iam not receiving any c band sat at now. So i will do it this evening because i dont want it to affect my hotbird&nile, all thesame iam very grateful 4 your response God bless.

@Adex,
Try and also align your dish properly because sometimes a badly aligned dish can contribute to all these problems you are facing. Finetune and track your polar arc with little margin for errors and you'll be a step ahead of these dancing signals.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
THESE SOFTWARES WILL TAKE CARE OF BADR 4 NUMBER CHANNELS TO OPEN,1.11p ,1.23p,1.29p and 1.30p.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2011
figment232:

@George D

THE ALJAZERA TP FOR BARD4 IS RED

Use the tps figment gave you. I will confirm other working tps and get back to you soonest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sunny78(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2011
gadotor thank u sir am waitin pls this is my email sunnyogbe78@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2011
sunny78 THE FACT ABOUT THE STRONG SRT 4669z INTERNET PORT IS THAT IT,S TRUE IT CAN GIVE YOU ACCESS TO CHANNEL FREE,BUT FIRST YOU NEED INTERNET CONNECTIVITY AND SATELLITE SHARING SERVER,THEN YOU CONNECT YOUR DECODER TO YOUR PC AND CONFIGURE THE DECODER TO ACCEPT THE SERVER,THAT IS WITH A PASSWORD FROM THE OWENER OF THE PROVIDER.WHO WILL CHARGE YOU MOUTHLY OR YEARLY FOR SHARING.AND THIS AMOUNT VARIES TO PROVIDERS.THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSURE IS TO LOOK FOR A SERVER TO SHARE WITH AND GET INTERNET.GOOD LUCK AND T
http://www.google.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jay14(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2011
@George D
Pls what's minimum size required for Badr4 @26E
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2011
Pls gurus can I track bard4 with my 90CM dish and help with the frequency and symbol rate pls gurus
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jay14(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2011
@George D
Dont worry about d dish size but d working TP to track d sat.thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akinis09: 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2011
@all plz how much are dey sellin hitv card
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
@axe-man YOU USE 12302 H 27500 AND 12341 V 27500 BADR.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
@George D,i'm still suprised why u chose to use double c-band lnb;i tot d function of the dialetric plate inside the lnb throat is to convert circular polarity(r/l) to linear polarity(h/v),coz with a single supermax lnb previosly installed by my installer i can nail both bird that are circular or linear i.e nss7c,intelsat 7/10c,ab3,intelsat 902,intelsat703 etc,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2011
There are many sources of interference and they all have different effects on your satellite TV reception. The effects can even vary with distance. It can affect one channel multiplex or several.

The interference may be local. It might even be coming from your TV or Screen itself! Make sure that ALL connecting leads are fully screened. Try moving the equipment as far away from the TV screen as possible. It can be caused by a DECT portable phone, a mobile phone, a "Snooper" type radar detector in a nearby car, high power lighting or faulty fluorescent lighting, "energy saver" bulb, dimmer switch, a microwave oven, switching transients from any sort of switch and arcing from, for example, a boiler thermostat. In an apartment block, it's not unusual for the electricians to run poor quality coaxial cable alongside mains power cables in the conduit. This is a recipe for disaster as, each time someone switches an appliance on or off, the resultant voltage spike is induced into the coaxial cable where it travels down to your Digibox, often causing a momentary "freeze", popping noise or a complete "lock-up". It has to be said that digital satellite receivers are less susceptible than terrestrial receivers but it can still happen.

The interference may be coming from outside your house and the source may even be several kilometres away. This means that it is often possible to block or reduce the interference. Street lights can go faulty and cause problems (usually at night). If this is a possibility, take a walk with a portable AM radio tuned off-channel so you can hear a background hiss. If you live near an electric railway, look for interference when a train passes. If you live in the country, interference from electric fences is common. You'll see momentary flashes every second or two on an analogue TV. (Don't throw that old portable TV away - it might come in useful!)

One source of interference, which is becoming increasingly common, is the transmissions from mobile phone repeater masts.

Here's one man's description of a problem which might be caused in this way:

"First of all some of the channels started freezing. It only happened every now and then, usually nights and weekends. It was always the same channels - mainly the channels beginning with UK (UKFood, UKStyle etc.) movies 1, 2, 3 & 8 and certain others. I rang Sky who sent an "engineer" out. Typically the system was working fine when he came out. He replaced the digibox and went and a couple of hours later the channels froze again."

The signals fed from the LNB, down the cable to the digibox, lie between 950-2150 MHz. Cellphones can use 1800 MHz and their signals could get into the system or the coaxial cable.

Of course you should first eliminate all possibility that the signal is simply being blocked by trees or similar! Even a few leaves can have a very bad effect on the weak satellite signals.

A cable with better screening might help (double screened). If that fails to help then you should test the system, if possible, by placing a dish temporarily at ground level and connecting to that. If reception is trouble-free, try raising the dish higher. If the problems return, that's a good sign that there is a beam of horizontal radiation.

The trick is to determine where it's coming from and position the dish so there is an obstacle in the way. The most convenient obstacle is your house. Consequently, if you can position your dish so the house blocks the interfering signal without blocking the satellite signal, you should get a big improvement.

interference dish position

This sketch shows one example. The dish would normally be mounted out of sight at the rear. To avoid the interference, it is mounted on a pole at the front of the house, looking up the roof. The satellite signal can still reach the dish but the roof partially blocks the signal from the 'phone mast. A further improvement could be made by lining that section of the roof (inside the loft) with metal or metal foil. In addition, the cable should also be on the side of the house away from the source of interference. I know of one instance where the cable had to be fed through earthed steel conduit to eliminate interference.

It may, instead, be possible to mount the dish on the left wall or near the ground, as in the picture, where it would be shielded from the 'phone mast by the house or by a garden wall or rising ground. You could even recess it in a hole in the ground. The only criteria are that it must be able to see the satellite but not see the 'phone mast.

It is important to understand that the interference may be getting into the cable itself, even if it is good quality "double-screened" satellite grade. For this reason, the cable run should be kept as short and as low as possible. It should itself be shielded by a wall or even by threading it through steel conduit. It is also important to realise that the 'phone signals may be bouncing back from other buildings; so what you think is a shielded position may not be! Unfortunately, success often comes only after a lot of trial and error. There's no point in asking "should I put my dish here?" Nobody knows.

Another remedy is to mount the dish upside down so the LNB arm is at the top. This has the effect of tilting the dish so it is at an angle and is less susceptible to collecting the horizontal interfering signal.

Alternatively, install a prime-focus dish. This, also, will be at a much steeper angle.

There are many things to try but you will obviously want to achieve the simplest solution that achieves the desired result. Carry out tests as suggested and you should be able to make at least some improvement.

Do you live near an airport?

Sometimes the flight path is changed so that a plane will obscure your signal for a couple of seconds every minute or two. Take a look outside!

Airport radar sweeps a beam around every few seconds. If you get this type of interference, the only answer is to mount your dish in a position where it can not see the airport radar signal or reflections of it. Trial and error will be necessary and you are more likely to be successful if the dish is at ground level behind a wall or solid structure.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2011
I THINK IS WERE THE IDEAS I GAVE THE GENTLEMAN THE OTHER DAY WILL DIFFER TO THREADING THE CABLE THRU A STEEL PIPE,YOU SHD NOT FORGET THAT STEEL IS A GOOD CONDUTOR,AND THAT WORSEN THE SIGNAL QUALITY,BESIDES A SOLID STRUCTURE,SUCH AS A BUILDING.IT,S WILL HELP.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2011
Oga @GADATOR PLS KIND YOU SEND ME YOUR NUMBER PLS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS emmanuejames@yahoo.com this is mine 07033273152
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2011
what size of dish @GADATOR
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:21am On Apr 28, 2011
90CM WILL DO.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2011
IT,S JUST ABOVE MULTI TV.AND WHEN GOT IT,YOU WILL EQUALLY GET MULTI TV AND INFINITY TV ON IT TOO,SO YOU CAN MOVE YOU MULTI TV DISH UP A LITTLE, IF IT,S 90CM.Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Boboribo: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
Has anyone noticed that Gadotor always ends his posts with the phrase "thank you"?  If you have, thank you for noticing. Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by princeparis(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Gadotor, can i have your email there is something i want to enquire about.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by princeparis(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Gadotor, please can i have  your email there is something i want to enquire about.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
Boboribo:

Has anyone noticed that Gadotor always ends his posts with the phrase "thank you"?  If you have, thank you for noticing. Thank you
thank you for bringing this to our notice.thank you grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Thank you everyone, in particular Gadotor and George_D, Thank you as this part 5 is running down to page 150, Thank you Twintaiye, Thank you Seun, Thank you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2011
Oga GADATOR you are too much thanks let me try it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2011
@gadator & George D

I ve been trying without success to track w6 21.6 E ,Astra 3a&3b 23.5E ,Hotbird 13E,nss 12 57E.Pls is there a special way of tracking these satellites?.I am using a 2.4m dish here in warril.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
@prince and axe-man IT,S ALWAYS WONDERFUL AND PLEASING TOBE ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE,I AM ALWAYS LEARNING AND WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE IN THE FORUM AT ALL TIME,WE,RE A FAMILY CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS AND ALL KIND OF RELIGIONS.WE ARE UNITED SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY,WANT TO KNOW MORE AND MORE.SATELLITE TV IS VERY WONDERFUL AND SOME OF US WILL ONE DAY SET UP SATELLITE TV STATION AND EQUIPTMENT,DECODER,DISHES.COAXIAL CABLES.DONGLES,SATELLITE IN ORBIT AND A WHOLE LOT OF LATEXT GADGETS ALL RIGHT IN AFRICA IN PARTNARSHIP W
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
cont,, GREAT BRIAN SUCH AS GENERAL SATHOB ,SALAMANDER,GEORGE_D BADARU,SWORDSM ETC, I AN THINKING OF CALLING OF GREAT MEETING OF ALL MEMBER FOR REFREASHER COURSE AND MEETING ONE ANOTHER.ONCE AGAIN Thank you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by versace400(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2011
@gadotor, I love u and God will continue to strengthen you. Ur words are really encouraging
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ekonibaje(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2011
@gladiator,av been a wondful frd,keep it up.rescan 12303 h 27500 4 a.t.n on w4.thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by versace400(m): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2011
thank you, Gadotor, thank you, thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
Guys cn u xplain beta 2me i ws pasin in my area bt i sw sm1 nailen 30m dish wt w3a &use a 90m dish 4tpa&abstra.Bt cnt undstnd.Cn sm1 xplain
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sophieamore1(f): 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
i am pissed of this gadotor this gadotor that. there are other people on this forum, the guy can not even spell properly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.