Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,147 members, 7,780,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (432671 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
Ilish:

All, There 10 Mpeg4 and HD new channels on w2a ku.They include france 2,3,4 and 5 etc.

please you know definitely you would be asked to post frequency,therefore please always do so,guys are itching,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2010
pls,on which channel can i get more of these, I LOVE IT

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2010
@Illish
Yes ooh! Post the frequencies if they are free. I am more interested on the Mpeg4 frex. You have aroused so many members' interest. wink wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2010
microgiant:

there is already a thread on solar energy and George D was the last poster
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390522.32.html

please avoid starting duplicate threads like these Startimes TV threads
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-474467.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436700.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-425459.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-476551.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-462251.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-434884.0.html

these threads should have been merged

@micro,
Thanks for the observation. I intend using one of the threads on solar energy to post my installation pictures.
And never mind malix and all those startimes people. They are more interested in maximising sales of their decoders and not in sharing information as we do here. That is why they keep opening new threads on same topic to spike up prospective customers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2010
Ilish:

@GEORGE D:

How are you bras, I am requsting for an Facebook friend add, email me on wma21st@gmail.com, Facebook is 24/7 with me.Send a request,

@Ilish,
You got mail! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Olofofo
@twinstaye

Please do something about some of our members who opened multiple threads on the same subject, it is unethical. If they do it for marketing purposes, they should be sanctioned and their content deleted. It is an eyesore and distracting.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
BREAKING NEW !!!.

Dstv now have 100% premier league right for 2010 - 2011 season.
I cant help but wonder wat will happen to fta viewing of epl.

Will ctl & midland be back ?, since its not exclusive right, wat will happen to hitv & all there 'ferocious' acts.

Viva FTA !!!,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by litaninja(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ Hotwire: Still on the matter! Can you please put up detailed pics and procedures of your construction of the holder especially how to get the radius if it is curved. Details generally. And also the tracking procedure for the secondary lnbs. Tanx a bunch in advance!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikefra(m): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
Greetings it been awhile ,

My new SRT 4669X trips off and on only when i put on Dubai One on ArabSat 26E and i remenber some body posting the same experience with a TP in MY TV Africa.

What could be the problem of the triping off and on?

The system is charper that SRT 4653X and it is more stable with CRTV and JOYTV because i am receiving them with ArabSat in my 3 Metre Obitron Mesh dish.

Please between SRT 4669X and DarSat decorder which one is better in terms of signal strenght and stability?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spacevice(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
This is what i found on a sister forum:

Arabsat 5a has official replaced
Arabsat 2b with the channels on
C band moving from Arabsat 2b
to Arabsat 5a.
The are 2 c band beams on
Arabsat 5a. C-Band MEA beam is
covering the Whole of Africa
plus our sister countries like
Madagascar and Mauritius
No active tps yet
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
spacevice:

This is what i found on a sister forum
Arabsat 5a has official replaced
Arabsat 2b with the channels on
C band moving from Arabsat 2b
to Arabsat 5a.
The are 2 c band beams on
Arabsat 5a. C-Band MEA beam is
covering the Whole of Africa
plus our sister countries like
Madagascar and Mauritius
No active tps yet

Satellite Name: Arabsat 5A
Position: 31° E (30.5° E)
Norad: 36745
Cospar number: 2010-032B
Operator: Arabsat
Launch date: 26-Jun-10
Launch site: Guiana Space Center
Launch vehicle: Ariane 5
Launch mass (kg): 4940
Dry mass (kg): 
Manufacturer: EADS Astrium
Model (bus): Eurostar-3000
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15 yrs.

Beacon(s): 3705.1L, 4191R, 10706, 12749
Details:
16 active C-band transponders, 24 active Ku-band transponders to provide the large range of satellite communications services such as television backhauling and broadcasting, telephony, business communications, Internet trunking and the provision of VSAT and other interactive services, over sub-Saharan Africa, North-Africa and the Middle East. Planned to be launched in pair with COMS 1.
Beams:
C-band Appendix 30B beam (active)
C-band Middle East and Africa beam (active)
Ku-band Central Middle East and North Africa beam (active)
Ku-band MAGHREB beam (active)
Ku-band MASHREQ beam (active)
Ku-band Pan-Arabic beam (active)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2010
litaninja:

@ Hotwire: Still on the matter! Can you please put up detailed pics and procedures of your construction of the holder especially how to get the radius if it is curved. Details generally. And also the tracking procedure for the secondary lnbs. Tanx a bunch in advance!

@Litaninja

Thanks for the interest in the Multi-LNB setup. The pictures have already been published on pages 5 and 6 of this Thread. I bought the holders off the shelf and they are straight not curved. My procedure is crude but effective. No mathematics, no compass, no meter, just common sense.
You first of all set up the primary LNB and get a good green signal strength. Once you get the nilesat stations you are good to go for the second LNB which will give you Zimbo, madascar, MTA International etc. You hold the LNB down a straight line (imaginary) in the direction that the dish faces. By trial and error you will get a green signal that will enable you scan and get Zimbo and the others.
A litte bit further down with the third LNB you will get the MultiTV if you have an Mpeg-4 receiver. I hope I was not too sketchy.
Tracking Gurus in the house will further assist. eg Twinskenny, George D, Enigma, microgiant, olofofo ,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sylve11: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2010
@all,

i did my first motorized installation in warri. it is not easy as people do claim, but with little patient and with the help of sammu i triumph. I will post my experience, pics and advice to the house and most likely the newbies. smiley cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sylve11: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2010
@ all, i got this from https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-484520.0.html

Nigeria’s most lucrative television rights, the English Premier League, EPL, changed hands Tuesday in a $100 million high wire business deal that saw up and coming Nigerian broadcaster, HiTv lose out to DSTv, the multi-channel digital satellite television company. The new deal was signed in London. BusinessDay learnt that HiTv which emerged as the highest bidder paid only $40 million of its bid price of $115 million and did not provide guarantee of the balance on the due date.

It is understood that directors of HiTv were working round the clock negotiating funding with bankers when the deadline for payment expired. It was at this point that owners of the EPL right called up DSTv to make good its bid. DSTv promptly wrote a cheque for $100 million and the deal was signed. Analysts were quick to point to the pervading banking liquidity issues as HiTv’s main obstacle rather than the bankability of the EPL project. Some analysts warned that more companies are gradually dropping off the radar because of the persisting liquidity squeeze in the system.

“This confirms the fact that banks are not really lending and firms can’t find money in the capital market”, says one analyst who was vexed that HiTv could lose its $40 million deposit as provided for in the bid terms. A statement jointly signed by DSTv and EPL yesterday said the arrangement to host the Premiership includes 380 Barclays Premier League matches, plus the Premier League’s 24-hour Content Service in High Definition. This seven day-a-week service launches on August 13 and will be broadcast across the whole of sub-Saharan Africa, including Nigeria.

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore was quoted as saying that the organisation is pleased to extend its partnership with SuperSport into Nigeria and are confident that it will continue to deliver a premium product that will showcase the Barclays Premier League to many fans in the territory. The Premier League has traditionally enjoyed outstanding viewership ratings on SuperSport and this commercial arrangement is expected to amplify the league’s popularity.

The Barclays Premier League is the biggest continuous annual sporting event in the world, followed by more than 2.5 billion fans and broadcast to more than 500 million homes. “Nigeria will be one of the very first countries to receive the 24-hour Content Service,” said Imtiaz Patel, CE of SuperSport. “We are delighted to be leading the way with our partners at the Premier League and associates in Nigeria.”

According to the statement, chairman of MultiChoice Nigeria, Adewunmi Ogunsanya, said: “We are happy to welcome back the English Premier League to the DStv platform in Nigeria to stand alongside the other exciting international soccer coverage we already provide to our subscribers here. “However, our focus remains firmly on showcasing homegrown talent from the Nigerian Premier League and we will continue our investments in this regard.

“As a Nigerian business which is committed to providing our growing subscriber community across Nigeria with the world’s best channels and programming, we are pleased that SuperSport were able to take up the opportunity when it presented itself to ensure that fans of this league will not miss any action from it.”

Currently, DSTv and HiTv have subscribers base of 400,000 and over 200,000 respectively in Nigeria.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13024:dstv-regains-lucrative-english-premiership-rights-in-100m-deal&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Now Hitv nor go arrest viewing centers anymore. FTA all the way! ! ! kiss cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by litaninja(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ Hotwire: Interesting. Where did you by the holders then?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by litaninja(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
I meant ***buy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
@all
hi guys, hw tru z this speculation i heard. That thrz Bba on pas7 ku.i tried on my 69x to no avail.the one wo tod me said its recievr selectv. Try ur luck and share yo findins.
11010 h/v 30000 try both pol
vpid 1967
Apid 2008.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2010
Arabsat 5a c band

new frequencies ok with even 1.8m.

4126R/27500 with Aljazeera Sport
3822L/27500 ( other Arab channels).
3708 R 2200 ETV Ethiopia
3711 R 2200 TV Oromiyaa
3718 R 2593 RTD

not tried it myself
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2010
Rextab:

@all
hi guys, hw tru z this speculation i heard. That thrz Bba on pas7 ku.i tried on my 69x to no avail.the one wo tod me said its recievr selectv. Try your luck and share yo findins.
11010 h/v 30000 try both pol
vpid 1967
Apid 2008.

@Rextab
The above was addressed to all but I could not understand your message because of the abbreviations. Or was it meant for a select few who could decipher it? The essence of any and every communication is to reach out and be understood by the intended receipient. Please clarify.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2010
@Litaninja

You could get them from a Panel Beater or shop that sells FTA accessories.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2010
@all

Responds from Hitv

HiTV
Thank you NIGERIANS for your concern and various comments. We understand your disappointment over the EPL issue. We must quickly point out that we put in spirited efforts to retain the rights and had even gone ahead to make cash payment equivalent to one year broadcast. Unfortunately, other documentation requirements were delayed and released too late, as the rights had been sold two days earlier.

We want to assure you that we are more than determined to build the HiTV brand into the complete entertainment package of your dream. We will continue to focus on key areas of our business and make necessary adjustments. Our content will be better packaged for your viewing pleasure and we will add channels to our current portfolio within a short time. We stay true to our resolve to be a catalyst for change within the entertainment industry in NIGERIA .

Thank you for believing in us and NIGERIA . Together, we will WIN
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2010
On the question of what happens to FTA in the wake of the new EPLTV RIGHTS::

A few number of africa's fta channels have also struck a new deal with right owners which gives them the exclusive rights to screen all the'BIG FOUR MATCHES' live for the 2010/11 football season. this is in sync with the sole deal the MBC(MAURITIUS) brokered with french sports tv giant,CANAL+ SPORT for the 2009/2010 season.

so,dstv's acquisition of the 100% tv right in sub-saharan africa wouldn't affect how fta channels cut their own deals in that region. NO SHAKING!!!
welcome to part 5!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2010
thats is cool, w3a here we go,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by JMS(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hi George_D, Pitoz, Olofofo, please could you remind or give me again the thread we talked about hotel installation; in fact i will have the installation to do in a hotel for 20 rooms, apart from fta channels i will also connect canasat for sure.
Please i do need the help of all members.
I am waiting" A friend in need is a friend indeeded".
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by broomstick: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hey, could anybody give me the tp to track Mbc or other sat that we'll beam the EPL this forthcomin season and any other requirements i.e dish size, sat etc. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zoboizee: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
hello all, i am enjoying myself here.Lovely people full of innovations and energy. Great work guys! can i get this product from anyone in the house- Powermax DiSEqC 1.2 H-H Dish Motor Model SG-9120.i saw it on the web. i guess it is compatible with any city or town in the country. i know most FTA guys on Nairaland come here first.My mail is -zeeundebod@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
JMS:

I am waiting" A friend in need is a friend indeeded".

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=420492.msg5856526#msg5856526

@ zobo-i-zee

Please don't spam the board, you first post is okay. The sellers will contact you soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
badaru1:

Badr 26 degree is now available in lagos even with 90cm dish, try with this tps12324v 27500,12266h 27500 and 12305h 27500
Pls i got this from the lastest transponder thread.
Can anyone pls confirm this?
Badaru, no offense please.
You can explain better.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
cantell:

Pls i got this from the lastest transponder thread.
Can anyone pls confirm this?
Badaru, no offense please.
You can explain better.

I did scan and had 35 encrypted channels. I believe it is Canal Plus package. Mostly French
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
hi guys, i don't know how you guys can help me. Am using a dish which is a little bigger than dstv dish and it's stationary to the west and am also using a single LNB. i think the dish is 1.m the  number of channels am receiving is not much about 10 channels which are NSS 7 - 8 channels which are RTS 1, MBC-ROD, ROD, TV ZIMBO,MTA INT'L,2STV,TPAI,LCF,  HISPASAT 2 channels which are cctv 9 and cctv4.i hope you guys can help me on how to get more frequency channels with the dish i have. pls guys i will appreciate your help.cos i don't have much to upgrade to 1.9m - 2.1m dish 4 now.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
@all
can som1 pliz list the channels for me receiveable on badr 26 deg.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 6:49am On Jul 29, 2010
rextab

http://www.lyngsat.com/badr4.html
go there & see things for yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.