Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway (1052 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / LASTMA Officials Fixing Bad Portions Of A Road In Lagos (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
So I hurriedly closed from work and decided to meet up with someone at Alaba International market.

I couldn't board a bus, so I had to use a bike. On my way back, I decided to share pictures of how terrible the road is.

I don't know if this project is abandoned, but people living along this axis are suffering

cc:Lalasticlala
Justwise
Dominique

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
More pictures

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
angry

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
Bike traffic

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
I don't see why the people within that area should vote for Ambode again

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
Refuse as usual

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
On getting to Trade Fair, no bus to board

People were stranded

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by jumpandpas(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
That road is a death trap. I was attacked at FIN NIGER bus stop by robbers. That damaged my car, mistaken my portable Lunch box as bag of money and ran away with it.
Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by jumpandpas(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
izzou:
I don't see why the people within that area should vote for Ambode again

That is federal road
Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
People trekking to another bus stop, or home

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
jumpandpas:

That is federal road

Fashola started the project

I think the Lagos State government has been financing it

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
Another stand still again

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by jumpandpas(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
izzou:

Fashola started the project

I think the Lagos State government has been financing it

It's not true. That road is bn constructed by world bank in conjunction with ECOWAS.
Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
The pictures are to large. I'll have to stop here

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
jumpandpas:

It's not true. That road is bn constructed by world bank in conjunction with ECOWAS.

So World Bank can't finance it anymore?

Is world bank responsible for the BRT lanes and rail tracks that is written LAMATA over it?

I remember in mid 2009, Fashola started this project with Julius Berger and later changed to CCECC during his second tenure.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Lagos State government is in charge of this project

3 Likes

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by jumpandpas(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
izzou:

So World Bank can't finance it anymore?

Is world bank responsible for the BRT lanes and rail tracks that is written LAMATA over it?

I remember in mid 2009, Fashola started this project with Julius Berger and later changed to CCECC during his second tenure.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Lagos State government is in charge of this project

It is world bank project. Maybe Tinubu has looted the money assigned for it.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by izzou(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
jumpandpas:

It is world bank project. Maybe Tinubu has looted the money assigned for it.

The matter tire person

I went to Badagry yesterday. I left around past 12 pm, and got to Alakija around 5:30pm

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Portions Of Lagos Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
They have finally done some grading. I was on the r9d yesterday. Journey was long but manageble. Real problem was those useless danfo messing up traffic by going one way

Even my dreaded underbridge was over in minutes

(1) (Reply)

Change Of DOB On International Passport / Help!!! I Need First Hand Information About Dubia / Travelling To Ghana Or Any African Country By ROAD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.