Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million (19868 Views)

See The 18 Karat Gold Iphone Case Drake Bought For $400,000 (n144m) / Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / Google Finally Acquires HTC, But It's Really Not What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by hakinze00(m): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2018
This is not good at all
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by LadyHeaven(f): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2018
Mac2016:
That Shazam can never make profit with someone like me
My ears can naturally Shazam any music track

Lie lie Mac-aroni tongue

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2018
Bizibi:
buy,kill and bury. I don't like companies that do that.
me too.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by omoadeleye(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
that's also what I do all the time. That's how Apple bought Beats by Dr Dre headphone and now they've completely dumped the company. They released new sets of phones and produced their own airpods or wireless earphones. That's how Beats company just died.

Na their loss na, Dre already sold it to them
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2018
anigold:
the bought it so that another company won't buy it..

Shazam should be worth atleast 1Billion usd
I also think that Shazam is worth much more than $400 million. They should have sold it to Google
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by FarahAideed: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2018
TOMMIEYIKES:
what is this one saying

He made some sense you know

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Iykesmooth: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2018
Fierce11:
Who still uses shazam when we have music match?
besides, i know only one shazam.. And its that marvel superhero

Fail

DC superhero
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Bizibi(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I also think that Shazam is worth much more than $400 million. They should have sold it to Google
it seems there were few investors who weren't showing interests,how will a company worth billions settle for 400million,it seems something happened before it was sold.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2018
Bizibi:
it seems there were few investors who weren't showing interests,how will a company worth billions settle for 400million,it seems something happened before it was sold.
it's true. The company isn't making any profit
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by olaolaking: 8:15am On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
that beats na their own loss.

Dr dre pocketed his cash and left for good.
it is a 2-way thing. They succeeded in killing their potential rival. Now they will monopolise the industry. Thereby selling more of their products with ease since there is no more competition
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Xisnin(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. I feel it's because it's a black man's company. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?
As a tech person, you should know better than accusing Apple of baseless racism
when a simple research would have clarified Apple's position.
Apple is not in business to buy and kill black man's company, they are in business to make money
and stay on the top.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Bizibi:
How do you know it was worth billions? The company wasn’t making any profit remember?
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Uglymugg: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Mac2016:
That Shazam can never make profit with someone like me
My ears can naturally Shazam any music track
It's actually for white people, sorry.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2018
after android upgraded to 9.0. You can see the song playing without any app. Just using Google assistant. Apple now want to meet android and purchased an app. Called shazam. You have to open the app to know the song. While in android the phone just tells u the song even if your phone is locked and not using it. Apple can never ever compete android. Apple will die soon if another stronger company comes by
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by famziano: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

I ll rather note down the name and go search it on musicpleer
tongue tongue

Correct my guy, no need to dey buy iTunes card upandan

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Mac2016(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2018
Uglymugg:
It's actually for white people, sorry.
Yea, it is for them because they've are made of less. We are always better
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by LordAdam16: 8:32am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. I feel it's because it's a black man's company. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?

Black man's company ke. Dre was a part owner. Dre was the face. Iovine was the brains.

It seemed like they had a good idea for it. They'd removed the headphone jack, so maybe the AirPods should have been branded with Beats. I think the Beats brand is too valuable to lie fallow, but maybe they found later that it wouldn't work quite that well.

You don't know if their Beats expertise is why their HomePod and AirPod sound so good. Tech companies buy a lot of companies all the time, not all of them work out. Go and search through the number of companies Google and Microsoft have bought in the last 5 years. Heck, Siri was a developed by a company Apple bought.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Uglymugg: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2018
Mac2016:

Yea, it is for them because they've are made of less. We are always better
what?
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Awoo88: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
Beat by dre is still doing well. It is still the number choice among celebrity
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by blingxx(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Shittaakeem:
Ha So I won't have access to shazam again
I hope not undecided... shazam is just one of those apps that makes too much sense
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by SUGARSON(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2018
HMMM... MAKE THEM NO BLOCK US ANDROID USERS FROM USING IT OO...
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Realname: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

I ll rather note down the name and go search it on musicpleer tongue tongue

What are you talking about ?

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by selfemployed(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2018
Google will soon produce her own version
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2018
Awoo88:

Beat by dre is still doing well. It is still the number choice among celebrity
yeah. But it's still the same old product. No upgrade has been made. They just keep producing different colors of the same thing

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2018
Xisnin:

As a tech person, you should know better than accusing Apple of baseless racism
when a simple research would have clarified Apple's position.
Apple is not in business to buy and kill black man's company, they are in business to make money
and stay on the top.
when was the last time Apple announced a new product from Beats?

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

Black man's company ke. Dre was a part owner. Dre was the face. Iovine was the brains.

It seemed like they had a good idea for it. They'd removed the headphone jack, so maybe the AirPods should have been branded with Beats. I think the Beats brand is too valuable to lie fallow, but maybe they found later that it wouldn't work quite that well.

You don't know if their Beats expertise is why their HomePod and AirPod sound so good. Tech companies buy a lot of companies all the time, not all of them work out. Go and search through the number of companies Google and Microsoft have bought in the last 5 years. Heck, Siri was a developed by a company Apple bought.

-Lord
it's possible
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Xisnin(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
when was the last time Apple announced a new product from Beats?
When was the last time Apple announced a new product from acquired company X, Y or Z?

You didn't get my point. No acquired company is entitled to Apple's promotion.
Apple owns total rights to any company it acquires. Whether it chooses to kill, bury, assimilate or promote such companies is entirely
its prerogative.

Painting Dr. Dre as a helpless victim is in itself insulting because it insinuates that Dre was too dumb to know what Apple usually
does to acquired companies.

Apple is neither Facebook nor Alphabet.

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Xisnin(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2018
CHESTER48:
after android upgraded to 9.0. You can see the song playing without any app. Just using Google assistant. Apple now want to meet android and purchased an app. Called shazam. You have to open the app to know the song. While in android the phone just tells u the song even if your phone is locked and not using it. Apple can never ever compete android. Apple will die soon if another stronger company comes by
You don't understand the tech space.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Awoo88: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
yeah. But it's still the same old product. No upgrade has been made. They just keep producing different colors of the same thing
Apple bought it for the components. Which they are using to produce apple branded speakers. The same thing apple is stylishly doing to Samsung.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by networkgenuis: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. [s]I feel it's because it's a black man's company[/s]. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by CALIPHATEMEDIA: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2018
Who can make me an app similar to shazam? I will launch it as soon as its ready
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Chukazu: 10:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Don't need an APP that can identify a song am playing already, prefer the APP that can identify a song ringing on my head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria / Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com / Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.