Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) (11417 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Monitor Your Farm/poultry With Our CCTV Installation Before They Get You / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by babyboy4every1: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2018
tagborume:
Have read a lot about raising day old chick but I wish I have someone to take me through practical training. I am ready to pay and buy all necessary items needed. I reside in Ita oshin, Abeokuta. Anyone with experience around that area?
Call 08039154846, i will show you everything, all at no cost. I stays at olomore Abeokuta.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Munzy14(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Okay thanks,will replace it today, but the iron feeder I bought they find it difficult to dpfeed from it, they leave it and still rush the food on the tray
use the small/medium sized. it is like an inverted funnel.They sell it between 300-400naira per one.
Even i remove tray from day6.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2018
Munzy14:

use the small/medium sized. it is like an inverted funnel.They sell it between 300-400naira per one.
Even i remove tray from day6.
Okay thanks, will look for it soon
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
Please am interested in this OBJ male line.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 4:00am On Oct 03, 2018
Stanchem:
Please am interested in this OBJ male line.
Okay I got it from Oga noeloge82
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Okay, so today marked day 14, so I decided to weigh them, though am not happy with the difference in weight and their weight gain I will take responsibility for that, I was not using the right feeders and some were overshadowed as a result, below is my update at day 14
MORTALITY :
4, (1 had an accident grin ,2 just died without any obvious cause, 1 was ill) so I have 98 remaining
WEIGHT:
Highest weighed was 330grm
Lowest weighed 160grm cry
Average weight of the 10 I weighed is 275g
I guess it's time for them to be moved from the brooder cos of space
So any observation and corrections? sad

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lest I forget I have used 2 bags so far,
day 1-8, 1 bag,
day 8-14 1 bag,
opened a 3rd bag today
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by ifysimple(f): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
I did this obj male line last year and on their day 15, the biggest was weighing 500g. You have to improve on your management . Stop leaving them unattended.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Mzora(f): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
@ pricelesshoney..this obj Marshall look nice....plenty feathers.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
ifysimple:

I did this obj male line last year and on their day 15, the biggest was weighing 500g. You have to improve on your management . Stop leaving them unattended.
Thanks will up my game, i will move them soon and monitor them properly , 500g on day 15 is massive, please tell me how was your management schedule like?
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mzora:
@ pricelesshoney..this obj Marshall look nice....plenty feathers.
wink smiley thanks dear
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
What really counts in birds? Feathers or Flesh? I just saw someone complimenting feathers

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Mzora(f): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Turks:
What really counts in birds? Feathers or Flesh? I just saw someone complimenting feathers
both for me grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
Flesh over feathers x100 grin
Mzora:
both for me grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
Turks:
Both count as the feather makes it more appealing to buyers, but of course when dressing it it never matters, I for one have never bought a ' naked' bird from The market no matter how fleshy, and I have never bought a broiler from the market with dirty brown feather, i just like them white and fine ,dont mind me but thats my personal preference grin ,I believe she may just as well fall within my category, and ofcourse because this is for commercial purpose i will prefer the flesh first and will work on their feather after tongue

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Turks:
Flesh over feathers x100 grin
Mr Turks ,take I dash you, all flesh no feather grin grin u can thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
To sell to market women is one thing, to be a processor is another. For a processor, the word ‘appealing’ does not even come to mind when raising broilers. All that counts is less than 1% mortality, flesh to feather ratio and good return on investment. Feathers, whether yellow, White or green doesn’t really count to processors as they’re seen as waste. undecided

Selling to a market woman and selling processors are two different things because after processing (taking out the feet, gut and feathers), you find out that bird doesn’t really weigh much. What does this mean? It simply means your birds would be of much lesser value. So, again, for me, it’s flesh over feathers smiley
pricelesshoney:

Both count as the feather makes it more appealing to buyers, but of course when dressing it it never matters, I for one have never bought a ' naked' bird from The market no matter how fleshy, and I have never bought a broiler from the market with dirty brown feather, i just like them white and fine ,dont mind me but thats my personal preference grin ,I believe she may just as well fall within my category, and ofcourse because this is for commercial purpose i will prefer the flesh first and will work on their feather after tongue
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
Turks:
To sell to market women is one thing, to be a processor is another. For a processor, the word ‘appealing’ does not even come to mind when raising broilers. All that counts is less than 1% mortality, flesh to feather ratio and good return on investment. Feathers, whether yellow, White or green doesn’t really count to processors as they’re seen as waste. undecided

Selling to a market woman and selling processors are two different things because after processing (taking out the feet, gut and feathers), you find out that bird doesn’t really weigh much. What does this mean? It simply means your birds would be of much lesser value. So, again, for me, it’s flesh over feathers smiley
All true though, but am gonna be doing retail live sales, so both count , notwithstanding if u have ideas on how to make it more fleshy am all ears smiley

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
When I say flesh over feather, this is what I mean. Can you see their butts? Scantily feathered.

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by noeloge82(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
But anytime u are selling during festivities direct to consumers feathers, colour, weight is a great deal cos d eye will see to be attracted and u have to put shine your competitors but if it's for processing meat counts cos that's is directly proportional to weight
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
When selling during festive seasons, what counts primarily are the following; agile birds, massive weight, height and red protruding combs, any other eye-catching x-teristics is secondary. The color of your feather doesn’t change the taste of the meat.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lol.
pricelesshoney:

Mr Turks ,take I dash you, all flesh no feather grin grin u can thank me later
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ask and answers shall be bestowed upon you
pricelesshoney:

All true though, but am gonna be doing retail live sales, so both count , notwithstanding if u have ideas on how to make it more fleshy am all ears smiley
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
A rich feed will produce feathers while a poor feed will likely lose feathers IMO.
If you feed your broilers well whether Marshall or Ross 308 or Cobb 500, they will produce good feathers.

If you don't want feathers, you need to reduce the protein content of your feed especially amino acids or use a low crude protein feed.

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Munzy14(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Turks:
lol, chief shebi we go chop feathers?.

2 Likes

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
shugabasbn:

Thank you bro, the feeding methods and vaccination of Broilers.
Those that have neck problem someone told me its Newcastle disease.
Thanks once again

Sorry for not replying you on time. Feeding should be "ad infinitum" if you are targeting weight or randomly serving if you are raising them for long.

From day 1-5(vitamin and antibiotic), add anticocci at day 4 and 5. Lasota at day 8 while you give them Gumboro at day 10. Anticocci at day 12 and 13. 2nd lasota and Gumboro at day 18 and 20 respectively, while you combine antibiotic and anticocci from day 23-27. You may give them vitamin for 5 days after this and continue with ordinary water till you cull them.

Note: if you are raising them more than 6 weeks, make sure you give them different type of anticocci at least every 10 days. 2nd Lasota and Gumboro is optional if you are sure all of them tasted the first ones and you dont raise them more than 7 weeks. Also at day 4 and 5 you are to give them first anticocci, dont add vitamin with it.

Except they are showing other symptoms or stop eating, it is quite normal to see some birds with stiff deformed neck within the flock.

And let me just teach you guys this for free, get "Tagiri and Garlic" chop and blend it together and be adding it to their water. Using the above vaccination program here, you give them mixture of blended "Tagiri and Garlic" at day 14-16 and repeat day 23-27(in place of antibiotic and anticocci).

2 Likes

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 12:10am On Oct 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
A rich feed will produce feathers while a poor feed will likely lose feathers IMO.
If you feed your broilers well whether Marshall or Ross 308 or Cobb 500, they will produce good feathers.

If you don't want feathers, you need to reduce the protein content of your feed especially amino acids or use a low crude protein feed.

Dont think so, broilers feathers grow as they age, infact they produce more feathers on poor diet and real visible meat on rich diet. It also depends on the breed. For instance, some breed dont grow too many feathers until much later. Infact lack of feathers actually make them look fertile and healthy. Also shooters/male dont quickly produce much feather at initial stage(0-5 weeks) like female.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 12:31am On Oct 08, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Okay, so today marked day 14, so I decided to weigh them, though am not happy with the difference in weight and their weight gain I will take responsibility for that, I was not using the right feeders and some were overshadowed as a result, below is my update at day 14
MORTALITY :
4, (1 had an accident grin ,2 just died without any obvious cause, 1 was ill) so I have 98 remaining
WEIGHT:
Highest weighed was 330grm
Lowest weighed 160grm cry
Average weight of the 10 I weighed is 275g
I guess it's time for them to be moved from the brooder cos of space
So any observation and corrections? sad

Though their average weight should be around 400g- 540g for male line and 350g-500g for mixture at day 14 but dont think is necessary to be scaling them since you are rasing them for xmas. You need body size and not necessarily weight. Just feed them well, they still have time to reach good size before xmas.

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2018
yemmit90:

Dont think so, broilers feathers grow as they age, infact they produce more feathers on poor diet and real visible meat on rich diet. It also depends on the breed. For instance, some breed dont grow too many feathers until much later. Infact lack of feathers actually make them look fertile and healthy. Also shooters/male dont quickly produce much feather at initial stage(0-5 weeks) like female.
We can do an experiment. Use the following and see the results
1. Feed your broilers topfeed or vitalfeed finisher for a week and
2. Feed them breedwell/Rico Gado/Chikun finisher for another week
3. Formulated feed with excess maize above the regular formula and use another week with the regular formula.

The results will be very different in terms of feathers growth. What you will get is that higher crude protein will produce more feathers irrespective of broiler breed.

2 Likes

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2018
Yes now. Roasted feathers grin
Munzy14:

lol, chief shebi we go chop feathers?.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by shugabasbn: 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
yemmit90:

Sorry for not replying you on time. Feeding should be "ad infinitum" if you are targeting weight or randomly serving if you are raising them for long.

From day 1-5(vitamin and antibiotic), add anticocci at day 4 and 5. Lasota at day 8 while you give them Gumboro at day 10. Anticocci at day 12 and 13. 2nd lasota and Gumboro at day 18 and 20 respectively, while you combine antibiotic and anticocci from day 23-27. You may give them vitamin for 5 days after this and continue with ordinary water till you cull them.

Note: if you are raising them more than 6 weeks, make sure you give them different type of anticocci at least every 10 days. 2nd Lasota and Gumboro is optional if you are sure all of them tasted the first ones and you dont raise them more than 7 weeks. Also at day 4 and 5 you are to give them first anticocci, dont add vitamin with it.

Except they are showing other symptoms or stop eating, it is quite normal to see some birds with stiff deformed neck within the flock.

And let me just teach you guys this for free, get "Tagiri and Garlic" chop and blend it together and be adding it to their water. Using the above vaccination program here, you give them mixture of blended "Tagiri and Garlic" at day 14-16 and repeat day 23-27(in place of antibiotic and anticocci).

Thank you maigida. May God bless you abundantly.
Please sir for the Tagiri are we going to remove the green outer layer
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by eddyline(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

We can do an experiment. Use the following and see the results
1. Feed your broilers topfeed or vitalfeed finisher for a week and
2. Feed them breedwell/Rico Gado/Chikun finisher for another week
3. Formulated feed with excess maize above the regular formula and use another week with the regular formula.

The results will be very different in terms of feathers growth. What you will get is that higher crude protein will produce more feathers irrespective of broiler breed.

sorry for dragging you back, in your opinion, which feeds would you recommend in order of decreasing quality?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Disburses ₦42 Billion To 15 States To Support Wheat Cultivation / Have You Seen Honey Comb Before ? This Is How It Looks Like (pictures & Videos) / Affordable Irrigation Solutions And Seedlings Nursery Trays Available (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.