Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:37 AM

Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) (11280 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Monitor Your Farm/poultry With Our CCTV Installation Before They Get You / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
eddyline:

sorry for dragging you back, in your opinion, which feeds would you recommend in order of decreasing quality?
Third is best if you follow the formula
Second is next
First is lower.
That's my opinion oh.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

We can do an experiment. Use the following and see the results
1. Feed your broilers topfeed or vitalfeed finisher for a week and
2. Feed them breedwell/Rico Gado/Chikun finisher for another week
3. Formulated feed with excess maize above the regular formula and use another week with the regular formula.

The results will be very different in terms of feathers growth. What you will get is that higher crude protein will produce more feathers irrespective of broiler breed.

Lol, sir i've been in commercial broilers production since 2013 and the lowest production circle (every 6 weeks) i ever done since then is 1600. I've practically used every feed you mentioned above and i can confidently say that the richer the feed the more you see them grow(building more visible flesh)without much feathers especially "shooters (male)" in their first 4 weeks. Besides, there are some breeds that grow too much feathers irrespective of what you give them (even at initial stage), they are very strong and tall, dont die anyhow but not quite good if you are targeting weight in short period.

Sir, i'm not here to brag or say i know more than you as i have nothing to prove to anyone but the Nairalanders i'd helped to set up their farms wont be happy with me arguing about something like this.

Let end this argument at this point.

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
shugabasbn:

Thank you maigida. May God bless you abundantly.
Please sir for the Tagiri are we going to remove the green outer layer

What is maigida?

No, just wash, chop and blend.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2018
yemmit90:

Lol, sir i've been in commercial broilers production since 2013 and the lowest production circle (every 6 weeks) i ever done since then is 1600. I've practically used every feed you mentioned above and i can confidently say that the richer the feed the more you see them grow(building more visible flesh)without much feathers especially "shooters (male)" in their first 4 weeks. Besides, there are some breeds that grow too much feathers irrespective of what you give them (even at initial stage), they are very strong and tall, dont die anyhow but not quite good if you are targeting weight in short period.

Sir, i'm not here to brag or say i know more than you as i have nothing to prove to anyone but the Nairalanders i'd helped to set up their farms wont be happy with me arguing about something like this.

Let end this argument at this point.
Smh. This is not an argument but a fact. I will backup with a research below

ABSTRACT: A study was conducted to evaluate feather
development in male broiler chickens fed variable levels of dietary CP and lysine. Diets contained 170, 210, 250, or 290 g of CP/kg with 0.86, 1.22, 1.34, or 1.46% lysine, each being fed to 2 replicate groups of 4 chicks.

Dietary CP per se had a significant effect on feather weight and feather nitrogen gain. Increasing dietary CP from 170 to 250 g of CP/kg of diet increased feather weight and feather nitrogen gain.

The level of dietary CP influenced feather development. As CP increased from 170 to 250 g/kg, feather growth increased.

However, no further improvement was found when
higher levels (>250 g of CP/kg) of CP were offered. Previous research suggests that the level of CP in a diet affects feather growth (Twining et al., 1976; Melo et al., 1999), where weight of feathers in broiler chickens increases as dietary CP increases (Aktare et al., 1996) and decreases as CP declines (Lopez- Coello, 2003). Thus, formulating diets with CP at requirement level during the starter period seems necessary for optimum feather development.
Si et al. (2000) found that only when the level of CP in
the diet was reduced to 18% or less did feather weight,
feathers as a percentage of live weight, or both decline.

Even when meeting the essential amino acid needs, a minimum dietary CP level in the diet seems essential for adequate feather growth. Feathers are composed of about 92% CP on a dry matter basis (Leeson and Sum-mers, 1997), and so reduction in protein intake is expected to influence feather development. The amino acid composition of feather protein is different from that of body protein, implying that nutrient needs for growth of
feather and body differ (Martin et al., 1994).

For more, see attached file

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by shugabasbn: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
yemmit90:

What is maigida?

No, just wash, chop and blend.

It means my Oga/boss/master.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sorry guys for the long absence, been very busy, notwithstanding ,my update, at 3 weeks the birds averaged 600g cry

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2018
At 4 weeks the biggest weighed 1kg, the others 800g while 2 weighed 400g cry and tgey refused to grow, they look the same way they did when they were 2weeks old and they eat a lot

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2018
I heard some crowing this morning, is it normal at 4 weeks? There is one we all nicknamed premo, will snap him when I can and upload, at 2weeks it already had dark red protruding crown and at 4weeks the crown is looking like an 8week's old crown and he is the biggest, someone already booked him grin

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
And I forgot to add that I lost 2 more, 1 to coccidiosis the other to stress they both died after I moved them to their new cage cry now I have 96 left
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2018
What feed are you using?
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2018
They looked okay na...mine at 4 weeks den Dere feathers was not fully grown like dis grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Faccouk(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2018
Nice work, your cage is very low to the Ground & I thought you used Tarpaulins?
The Chicks are looking good, I had to separate mine, the bigger ones were kept below why the common ones above. The biggest of mine is 1.01kg, remember mine are Cockerels
pricelesshoney:
I heard some crowing this morning, is it normal at 4 weeks? There is one we all nicknamed premo, will snap him when I can and upload, at 2weeks it already had dark red protruding crown and at 4weeks the crown is looking like an 8week's old crown and he is the biggest, someone already booked him grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Munzy14(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Premo!!!, Lmaooooo, some ladies and humor eeeh!!!.
I knw a lady who named all her local hen, and her goats. Very funny.

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
What feed are you using?
Top feed super starter from day 1-23,now on Top feed finisher
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Funlag:
They looked okay na...mine at 4 weeks den Dere feathers was not fully grown like dis grin

It's even some, there are some that look naked inside, they're growing differently, were yours uniformed?
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2018
Faccouk:
Nice work, your cage is very low to the Ground & I thought you used Tarpaulins?
The Chicks are looking good, I had to separate mine, the bigger ones were kept below why the common ones above. The biggest of mine is 1.01kg, remember mine are Cockerels
nah, I used mesh,then placed carpet on it,b4 wood shavings, I used tarpaulin as roof b4, but during a storm it was affected, I had to buy zinc grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2018
Munzy14:

Premo!!!, Lmaooooo, some ladies and humor eeeh!!!.
I knw a lady who named all her local hen, and her goats. Very funny.
Lol, maybe because we have the tendencies to grow attached to the animals, I see them as pet and even play with them, wish I wouldn't have to sell them, but a Lady has got to make money grin wink
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Munzy14(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Lol, maybe because we have the tendencies to grow attached to the animals, I see them as pet and even play with them, wish I wouldn't have to sell them, but a Lady has got to make money grin wink
hahahaha exactly, money over pet.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2018
pricelesshoney:

It's even some, there are some that look naked inside, they're growing differently, were yours uniformed?
no ooo...dats dere pic

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by SistaC: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hi, am new. I enjoy the discussions here. Pls I always have wet litter. How do u manage ur broiler pen. I have a hundred of them. They are eight weeks now. But they're so messy. Am getting tired of Cleaning. Any ideas on how best I can manage their house. Thanks.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by noeloge82(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funlag:
no ooo...dats dere pic
At this age that black nylon is not good for this birds cos it will attract so much heat for them and they don't need it
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by noeloge82(m): 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
SistaC:
Hi, am new. I enjoy the discussions here. Pls I always have wet litter. How do u manage ur broiler pen. I have a hundred of them. They are eight weeks now. But they're so messy. Am getting tired of Cleaning. Any ideas on how best I can manage their house. Thanks.
Through ventilation is d key here and try to avoid water spill on the liter by moderating d water u put at a time but try to keep water always
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
noeloge82:

At this age that black nylon is not good for this birds cos it will attract so much heat for them and they don't need it
ok bro..thanks...
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by PrincewithGod(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Top feed super starter from day 1-23,now on Top feed finisher
How much is the Top feed finisher in your area please?
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by PrincewithGod(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2018
SistaC:
Which feed are you using? The feed can affect the litter also.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
PrincewithGod:

How much is the Top feed finisher in your area please?
Finisher is #3600
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by dotunibrahim7(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2018
pricelesshoney:
pls send a pics of d full cage..im planning to build a cage ..wona use yours as ref
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2018
Don't know why I have not been able to upload pix all the while
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by noeloge82(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Don't know why I have not been able to upload pix all the while
This are your pics at 6 wks from pricelesshoney

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
noeloge82:

This are your pics at 6 wks from pricelesshoney
Thanks sir Noel
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2018
The first 3 pictures are the birds at 6 weeks, while the last one, is the picture of Premo as promised, that was him at 3weeks and some days with an outstanding crown wink grin,of course he is bigger now, please rate me as usual, and any observation?

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
pricelesshoney:
The first 3 pictures are the birds at 6 weeks, while the last one, is the picture of Premo as promised, that was him at 3weeks and some days with an outstanding crown wink grin,of course he is bigger now, please rate me as usual, and any observation?
whao shocked ...u have done a great job...what d average weight??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step / FG To Create 1m Jobs Through Eggs Production — Minister / Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.