Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award (23505 Views)

Luka Modrić: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Ballon D’or Winner / Reactions As Luka Modric Wins FIFA Men's Best Player Award / Mohamed Salah Wins FIFA Puskas Goal Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by TITOBIGZ(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
AZUH:
Ronaldo has been robbed , this FIFA award is not being fair

seconded bro, the robbery no be here oo.
sad
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
Team ronaldo still

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
iPhone 5s for sale little crack on the top right corner and it does affect at all call/ Whatsapp 09030818219
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by ezewinted1(m): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
AZUH:
because Ronaldo won the champions league Modric didn't win?
Or Ronaldo took Portugal team to World Cup final that Modric didn't?
Or Ronaldo scored all the champions league goals without midfield connection?
The voters are not dummies, the best player won.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by loswhite(m): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
ein:
Salah winning puskas award show this award is a joke. Really in support of Ronaldo and Messi ignoring the award.
they can ignore the award.... rubbish!!! football is not about one tall and one short player

5 Likes

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by ikwutasco(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
well deserve award,it shouldnt just be all about goals to make win personal award but contributions to team victory and ...........? Signing in §~§_
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Beedude(m): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dansioligy:
Mo Salah did better than modric joor.. Because he is an African. Ojoro ppl
Funny, including Salah in the last 3 was already an error cos I don't really know what the guy did and won better than Mbappe, Griezman and Lionel Messi. A guy that went trophiless and was still selected. Hahahaha
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by movetoca: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I'm happy for him. The guy just enjoy playing his football without noise.

Sanity is being restored back to football awards where the number of goals scored by a player is not a major determinant.

This is a breath of fresh air. cool
You get football sense. We are all fade up with nonsense 40+ goals a season determining who becomes the next world best.

2 Likes

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Loyalblak007(f): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ronaldo is still the best player whatever kiss

1 Like

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Cajal(m): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
He deserved it
Era of mid field brilliance football is back
Some one cannot stay in the 18 box and tap in goal and expect honour again
Golden boy plus uefa player of the year =FIFA best..=modric
Balloon dor loading...

6 Likes

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by GuntersChain(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
At least it isn't ronaldo or messi.
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by loswhite(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dansioligy:
Mo Salah did better than modric joor.. Because he is an African. Ojoro ppl
trophyless player did more than someone at the world cup final and champions league right ....lol. continue to play the black card
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Franky9584(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
well deserved!. next year should be mbappe!
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by sirpedro(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
sunnyboi:
INEC in Osun, FIFA in London.
What a week! grin
You’re mad I swear �
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by valdes00(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
How can Courtoius collect the FIFA best keeper Award and he was not included in FIFPRO 11, DeGea was included
How can Sallah be in the Last three Best player and he was not included in the FIFPRO 11, messi was included...
FIFA executives are bunch of confused people... #Fact
I dont even see reasons why sallah was nominated ahead of messi...
Just because sallah appeared in the champions league final is not enough to be ahead of messi that collected laliga and copa del rey, he is even the overall europe top scorer...
Rada rada....���
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Jokerman(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hope we can see how Ronaldo was cheated in 3 awards ...

1st: UEFA player of the year
2nd: Puskas Award
3rd: FIFA best player....

Well I will ever trust my Ronaldo... I will ever be his fan no matterwhat....
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by tesppidd: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
If modric can win this then Messi didn't deserve that of 2010...
and ronaldo didn't deserve that of 2014.
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by ebig21(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
loswhite:
trophyless player did more than someone at the world cup final and champions league right ....lol. continue to play the black card

Rafael Varane is my world best player better than Modric, won champions league,won world cup
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by charlesm91(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
But if Ronaldo was still at Madrid, would Modric have won it. I doubt that, but nevertheless it was a great season for Modric and happy he is recognized finally.
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Emmaculate77(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
I knew you were the best candidate all along #much love my favorite football player... Much love #Chears!
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by inaolaji92: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
AZUH:

I laughed when COURTIOUS was named best keeper and didn't make FIFA BEST XI same thing goes to MO SALAH who is among the last 3 and didn't make the list! Fifa just shown how hypocrite they are
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Diction10nairal: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
If modric can win this then Messi didn't deserve that of 2010...
And Ronaldo also did not deserve that of 2013. Which was even worse.
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by charlesm91(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
tesppidd:
and ronaldo didn't deserve that of 2014.
equation balanced so now no one should make refence to this when either Messi or Ronaldo lay claim to the awards next time
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by coolh3ad(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
eliskelly:
I see Ojoro here. Team CR7

You no see "ororo" again nI....
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by LesbianBoy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
Cristiano

54 goals
11 assists
4 Man of the match award in champions league
3 Man of the Match award in world cup
4 World cup goals

Modric

5 goals
11 assists
0 Man of the match award in champions league
3 Man of the Match award in world cup
2 World cup goals

Yet Modric won!

Scam of the century! This won't happen if Messi was to win it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Bimpe29: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Luka Modric ends Messi-Ronaldo Monopoly to win The Best FIFA Men's Player Award 2018.

Congratulations LM10!

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by gulfer: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
INCONCLUSIVE, that's all I gat to say sad angry angry angry
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by Hollamie007: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Husband, Wife and Father in-law

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by shegzy23: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mandynews:
Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modrić has been crowned the world's best player at Fifa's The Best awards.
The 33-year-old was the favourite going into Monday’s ceremony in London, ahead of former team mate Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah.

The Blancos maestro claimed the award at a star-studded ceremony this evening after what’s been a superb year for the ex-Tottenham man.

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/09/24/luka-modric-wins-fifas-award-of-the-year/
Mandynews:
Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modrić has been crowned the world's best player at Fifa's The Best awards.
The 33-year-old was the favourite going into Monday’s ceremony in London, ahead of former team mate Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah.

The Blancos maestro claimed the award at a star-studded ceremony this evening after what’s been a superb year for the ex-Tottenham man.

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/09/24/luka-modric-wins-fifas-award-of-the-year/
Mandynews:

Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by bencr7: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
Barca fans una don de hapi, becuz una no want cr7 to pass messi wit fifa best, but Congrat to modric still better than iniesta and xavi....
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by uncleade(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Well and totally deserved. It's nice of FIFA to realize that all is not about goal scoring in football.
Re: Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award by maxwell530(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
This is the first time Ronaldo will be skipping this Award,i think he already know he won't win.
And some people think this award is based on voting....the joke is on some fans that think the vote is counted.
If it's to go by world Cup performance, Dejan Lovren deserves that spot than Ramos and I don't know what Dani alves is doing there.

Degea presence and courtoir absence in that list spoil everything for FIFA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amara Kanu Nwankwo's Glam Africa Magazine Photoshoot / Leo Messi Scores Brace In First 22 Minutes Of Second Inter Miami Game / Tottenham Complete Loan Signing Of Vinicius From Benfica With £41Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.