Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,494 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:17 PM

Free Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Free Story (617 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Story by ayinba1(f): 1:56am On Jul 08, 2010
The evil that women do lives with them, aye, it follows them to the grave! – Anon Ymus

Book 1 The Future - Dedicated to the Blob, like my people say, Akutunku e L'orun!

So it was that Gail reached the pearly gates and saw the stern faced guard standing with a meter long pitched fork ready to toss her into the roaring flames.

‘Scuse Sir, at least give me a chance to say something first’ she pleaded.

Here we go again, thought Jula. They always have something to say, don’t they.

Gail launches into a tirade about how much she loved her children and really thought they were the best on earth.

It was in the early 2010s and life was looking good for the Okories. To the outsider, they looked like a perfect family picture. Indoors was  a totally different story. Gail ruled the home with an iron fist controlling everything including what her kids were supposed to like. She was content that she had raised the perfect kids.

How nice it would be if Paul could just marry his sister Vera, she muttered under her breath one day. Mr Okorie’s head snapped to face her. “What?’ he asked to be sure he heard her right.

“I was not talking to you” she replied; “I gotta go in now”.

It was the harmattan of 2012, Gail had just returned from work to find her 18 year old Vera, writhing on the floor of the living room in agony. “Vera, Vera” she screamed” Talk to me, gini, what is going on, please Philo, call for help quickly”.

Vera called out to the neighbours who rushed in and aided in getting Vera to the hospital.

She had attempted to abort a pregnancy and now needed a D&C urgently. Gail was visibly upset and disappointed but was happy that she did not lose her daughter.

Vera’s hospital stay was uneventful and she was discharged home in 3 days.

For a couple of weeks, it was the topic on everyone’s lips in the neighbourhood.

This too shall pass, Gail thought to herself.

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Habits & Practices - How To Make A Creative Practice A Habit / Build A Small Website For You Business For Free. / Mirrors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.