Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? (16359 Views)

Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Accepting To Date A Married Man - Meme / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
Generally, marriage is the legal or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship[Specifically a union between a man and a woman].

As we all know, most men[Not all] wait till they are financially buoyant enough to start up a family, because it's mainly a man's responsibility to pay the bills in his home, and he should be prepared.

But does that mean a lady who has only 2k in her account is finacially good to go or fit for marriage? I mean, like how much should a lady worth before accepting a marriage proposal from a man?

OPINIONS from either men/women will be welcomed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by lawlhee: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
It shouldn't necessarily be financial worth, there are other things she should be worth such as empathy, tolerance, culinary skills.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by pocohantas(f): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

That said, as long as she has potential... marry her grin grin.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
lawlhee:
It shouldn't necessarily be financial worth, there are other things she should be worth such as empathy, tolerance, culinary skills.The ones that have enough money before marriage, go and ask how miserable their husbands have made them become.
Financially, I mean. Is it that proper for women to bother less?

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by lawlhee: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

Finacially, I mean. Is it that proper for women to bother less?

Money is very important but waiting to have a very stressful exorbitant amount of money before you can marry especially as a lady is not ideal.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
pocohantas:
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

I don't get. Does it mean younger ladies are not guaranteed to bring something to the table? Or that all older women will bring something to the table?

Remember the question, what should be a lady's worth before accepting a marriage proposal?

15 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.
2. She must be leaving alone.
3. She 'should' be mobile (optional)

She must be changing her hairstyle every 2 weeks.

All these are my requirements (Men are not meant to suffer)

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
lawlhee:

Money is very important but waiting to have a very stressful exorbitant amount of money before you can marry especially as a lady is not ideal.
You are right. So, like how much do you think a woman should have atleast before going into marriage?
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

I don't get. Does it mean younger ladies are not guaranteed to bring something to the table? Or that all older women will bring something to the table?

Remember the question, what should be a lady's worth before accepting a marriage proposal?

I think she's right. You need to consider and evening newspaper if any financial requirements are to be met by a lady before accepting any proposal. This is because, before a lady meets the necessary and required financial status, the must be an evening newspaper or approaching the age range of an evening newspaper.

That said, are you interested in evening newspapers? Guardian or Sun evening newspaper?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by ibkayee(f): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lol ‘broke’ does not have the same implications across genders in this society. Same way women aren’t as overly fazed about a guy’s looks and youth.

Most guys don’t care about her ‘marriageable’ bank account as long as she’s relatively attractive, ‘domestic’, has a decent personality, has the potential to bring in a decent amount of income at some point etc. Obviously there are exceptions but this applies generally.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.
2. She must be leaving alone.
3. She 'should' be mobile (optional)

She must be changing her hairstyle every 2 weeks.

All these are my requirements (Men are not meant to suffer)

Lol. The sarcasm in your comment is thrilling grin grin

But bruv, how do you intend to manage this kind of lady? grin

17 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
pocohantas:

This is a high level statement. Can you be more precise. Potential to/for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Zinny25(f): 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
I think it's a personal choice now. How much should your lady worth before you propose to her Some guys don't really consider that ooo , all they are in need of is a lady with a good and homely character. I have seen men who married working class ladies and turn them into housewives because they can provide for them, I hv also seen men who marry jobless and penniless ladies and establish a business for them.

But I think a lady should have a little thing she's doing before getting married because of the economy.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrphysics:

I think she's right. You need to consider and evening newspaper if any financial requirements are to be met by a lady before accepting any proposal. [/b] This is because, before a lady meets the necessary and required financial status, the must be an evening newspaper or approaching the age range of an evening newspaper. [/b]

That said, are you interested in evening newspapers? Guardian or Sun evening newspaper?

You mean it's impossible for a lady to be rich in her younger age?
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Rosay15(f): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:
You are right. So, like how much do you think a woman should have atleast before going into marriage?
.. Although I can't say amount bt as for me and to my own knowledge a woman should able to cater for herself and at least one person conveniently so that the responsibility won't be on the husband alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

Lol. The sarcasm in your comment is thrilling grin grin

But bruv, how do you intently to manage this kind of lady? grin
I would be her managing director.

Anyway, donstan, such kind of lady is easy to manage. Only don't ask her for what she earns. But you need her to earn such amount so you don't die at age 49 because of pressure. Most often, such ladies are humble but when they turn feminists, they are weird, violent, and proud.

I can manage such lady, do you have any referral?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Katier00(f): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
Make sure you are working and support your spouse. Don't go to a man's house without financial support, don't just bring your hole and culinary tips to the table. Most men will abuse you, so no amount is too small or big. The point remains bring in some financial assistance to your marriage.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by lawlhee: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

Time value of money changes oh, if I state an amount it may be ridiculously low or high. there are some ladies that didn't even work before marriage and they are fine last last, my dear it's grace.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
Rosay15:
.. Although I can't say amount bt as for me and to my own knowledge a woman should able to cater for herself and at least one person conveniently so that the responsibility won't be on the husband alone.
God bless you.

Lalasticlala how much was your wife earning before you proposed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Rosay15(f): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrphysics:

God bless you.

Lalasticlala how much was your wife earning before you proposed?
.. Amen and u too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mrphysics(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

You mean it's impossible for a lady to be rich in her younger age?
It's possible but the probability for such to happen is close to 3. Most often, you find such independent ladies among 4-5pm newspaper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by pocohantas(f): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

With the situation of the country, most youths are still trying to find their feet in their 20s. Like you said, most men wait till they are financially stable to get married. Now, if this man is in his 30s and as usual, looking for a girl in her early-mid twenties... It won't be very wise of him to expect much. If he wants more, he should look in his circle of working individuals, which would most likely consist of his age group.

To the question, I think if she has a sense of responsibility, is frugal, has a job/skill and can bring something to the table, she is good to go. It is now up to the man to decide if that something is okay for him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrphysics:

my belle ooocheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
ibkayee:
Lol ‘broke’ does not have the implications across genders in this society. Same way women aren’t as overly fazed about a guy’s looks and youth.

Most guys don’t care about her ‘marriageable’ bank account as long as she’s relatively attractive, ‘domestic’, has a decent personality, has the potential to bring in a decent amount of income at some point etc. Obviously there are exceptions but this applies generally.

You have a very good point, but I think you misunderstood me.

I mean, as a lady you are, how much do you think a lady should atleast have before going into marriage?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
pocohantas:

With the situation of the country, most youths are still trying to find their feet in their 20s. Like you said, most men wait till they are financially stable to get married. Now, if this man is in his 30s and as usual, looking for a girl in her early-mid twenties... It won't be very wise of him to expect much. If he wants more, he should look in his circle of working individuals, which would most likely consist of his age group.

To the question, I think if she has a sense of responsibility, is frugal, has a job/skill and can bring something to the table, she is good to go. It is now up to the man to decide if that something is okay for him.
Endorsed

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by babyfaceafrica: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
be okay
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Rosay15:

Nice.

Before accepting a man's proposal, you mean?
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Rosay15(f): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

Nice.

Before accepting a man's proposal, you mean?
.. Yes cus after accepting married proposal nah to pick date remain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by ibkayee(f): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

You have a very good point, but I think you misunderstood me.

I mean, as a lady you are, how much do you think a lady should atleast have before going into marriage?

Total of 3 months salary at least, I know individual situations will be different though so just as a general rule if doable

As for myself, 25% of my salary and ideally at least one property under my name

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by donstan18: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Rosay15:
.. Yes cus after accepting married proposal nah to pick date remain.
grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
donstan18:

Finacially, I mean. Is it that proper for women to bother less?
Financially...

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Mira200(f): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
For ladies, any amount is worthy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do a Guy And a Lady Feel So Thirsty After Sex / My End Of Year Apology. / What Do You Think Of Nairaland Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.