Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,944 members, 7,803,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her (52385 Views)

Older SA Jujuwoman 'Cursed' After Dating White Toyboy (PICS) / Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who is Over 5 Years Younger Than You? / Married British Mum & Gambian Toyboy Enjoy Life In Gambia,says She Must Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by ClintGist(f): 6:42am On Sep 26, 2018

A 100-year-old woman is set to marry her toyboy lover who is 26 years younger than her, proving it's never too late to tie the knot.

Norah Witkiss was whisked off her feet by Malcolm Yates, 74, when they met at modern sequence dancing.

The couple have been together for more than 30 years and will tie the knot next month, the Daily Post reports.

The centenarian from Prestatyn, who turns 101 in December, says she wants to get hitched "before it's too late".

She and Mr Yates are set to say "I do" at a ceremony at The Beaches Hotel in the town on October 16.

Ms Witkiss, who has been married twice before, said: "Malcolm and I have been together for 30 odd years but have never spoken about getting married.

"We just thought we'd get married now before it's too late.

"I was worried about me getting older and I didn't want to lose the opportunity.

"I'm sure we'll be happy.

"We're really looking forward to it."

The retired school cook who ran the kitchen at Ysgol Penmorfa, has got her dress and hat sorted for the ceremony and the couple's wedding rings are on order.

They will be joined by close friends and family for a meal after they take their vows.

Former bus driver, Mr Yates, 74, recalled how they got together.

"We met at modern sequence dancing in Meliden.

"I couldn't dance, but Norah was very good at it. She more or less taught me and helped bring me on.

"We went travelling a lot and would dance on holidays to Torquay.

"We liked the Cha-cha-cha the best.

"We're always out and about together."

The mum-of-one was born in Wrexham in 1917 and married her first husband, Fred Thomas, when she was 18.

They met after she was given a green card by the Labour Exchange and was sent to work at the Prestatyn Golf House Hotel as a maid and cook, where he was a golf caddy.

After he died in 1970, she met Bert Witkiss and they were married for 16 years. He died in the late 1980s.

But she later found companionship again through her life-long passion for sequence dancing.

Revealing the secret to a long life, the great-grandmother, who received a card off the Queen for her 100th birthday last year, said it's all about keeping active.

"I've had a very good life really, I've enjoyed it," she said.

"I love meeting people and talking to people.

"I enjoyed working and going out, I never stopped, I was always on the go.

"I used to go out dancing with the girls, I liked it, especially if a chap picked you up," she joked.

"I don't dance any more because I can't turn and I'm afraid of falling over.

"But nobody believes me when I tell them I am 100, they think I'm joking.

"I don't feel 100 though, that's the main thing."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-100-year-old-bride-13309599

3 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Nwodosis(m): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2018
Ancestral Marriage!

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by sinaj(f): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Nwodosis:
Ancestral Marriage!
No be small.

This one weak me

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Kamelot77(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Never too late, since their is no latecomers in marriage

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2018
Yambee:
This is not relevant to Nigeria.

Nigeria is on Emergency. Buhari has to be sent back to Daura for this country to find her bearings again.

Buhari is a terrorist that must be brought down.

This is another diversionary tactics by the APC.

Let us not lose focus.

13 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by MrSensor(m): 6:50am On Sep 26, 2018
very graphic. Can you imagine.

30 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by walosky(m): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2018
Exhausted marriage for those with erectile dysfunction grin

3 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by SafetyFirst(m): 6:53am On Sep 26, 2018
The real "Sugar great grand Mommy"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 26, 2018
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cry cry It's so pitiful that most people on this thread are not commenting logically... sad Commenting like kids shocked
People of this age bracket need love and understanding getting married is for nothing but for the sake of joy and happiness.. .

Life is lovely when you're happy. Seeing people commenting like poo is disturbing undecided.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Ionkidiz(m): 7:05am On Sep 26, 2018
Love is blind

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by bewla(m): 7:05am On Sep 26, 2018
walosky:
Exhausted marriage for those with erectile dysfunction grin

MrSensor:
very graphic. Can you imagine.
Nwodosis:
Ancestral Marriage!
like to chop no pay abi
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by bewla(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2018
Ionkidiz:
Love is blind
then shine ur eyes when u c one coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by apexJ(m): 7:09am On Sep 26, 2018
;Dwhite pple sef......hw many days these 2 wan de before d granny kick bucket

she still de say *never too late*

3 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Sirheny007(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
Please where is that Thierry Henry Meme??
that was exactly how i felt immediately i confirmed the headline.
undecided undecided
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by englishmart(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
What do they want yo do with marriage at that ancestral age?

BTW, that old woman is only 6 years older than Buhari's real age.

9 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Mizwisdom(f): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thanks, my day is made smiley
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by marttol: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
ANCIENT COUPLE

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by itiswellandwell: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hmm
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by marttol: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Nwodosis:
Ancestral Marriage!
lol
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by seunmohmoh(f): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
How can I unsee this? It's so scary cry

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by millionboi2: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Scam

Money and good suck involved.
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by sotall(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ok
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by iceboy4752(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
Chai!
Bed action is impossible in this marriage. grin

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by newsnjobs(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ok.

What should we call this?

Love or What?

Check my signature for Lucrative Jobs Advertisement in Nigeria.
Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
Finally oyinbo pple don join the hustle
Na asset inheritance I dey see for here

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by TRAVEL765: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
na monry be fine bobo

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Prestatyn Bride To Marry Her Toyboy Lover 26 Years Younger Than Her by Idrismusty97(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
Is she rich?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sugar Daddy Tattoos Side Chic’s Name, Mirriam, On His Chest (Video, Photo)) / At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? Where? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.