Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,843 members, 7,798,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Autoreg: 419 Or What? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Autoreg: 419 Or What? (5224 Views)

Auction Cars... Beware Of 419 Pls. Am The Only Adekunle Johnson Stanley / Aerocontractor Are Big Time 419 / Nairalanders Plz Help Me Ask Tayo-d How Did I 419 Him And His Wretched Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autoreg: 419 Or What? by money2ride: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2010
The Autoreg introduced and being used by Lagos State government (which other states are copying now) continues billing you after expiration even while the vehicle is unused. I even learnt you would be billed for the years in which you obtained your vehicle licence from other states once you return for the Autoreg in Lagos. Is this normal thought a vehicle licence should be for a period the vehicle is in use. The Autoreg should not add up the years and period of unuse.

I thought it was a remedy to the One month shortage being experienced in the former manual method.

What do you think Nairalanders?
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by Onwan: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2010
money2ride:

The Autoreg introduced and being used by Lagos State government (which other states are copying now) continues billing you after expiration even while the vehicle is unused. I even learnt you would be billed for the years in which you obtained your vehicle licence from other states once you return for the Autoreg in Lagos. Is this normal thought a vehicle licence should be for a period the vehicle is in use. The Autoreg should not add up the years and period of unuse.

I thought it was a remedy to the One month shortage being experienced in the former manual method.

What do you think Nairalanders?

@OP
You need to be well researched and literate before posting stuff that will make you sound very silly.

For people who own vehicles; the Autoreg system collects information of the vehicle and even down to the original owners' picture into a central database, that safeguards people against a vehicle being registered to more than one person. With this database, all reports of ownership changing are duely updated and backed with proof of purchase.

IF a vehicle has been parkedfor three years, the renewal fees for those years will be paid and the records updated (what we are talking about here is like N1,500 per year - when renewing after a few).

You might want to do yourself a favour by walking into a bank or a road safety office and get some education on the subject before posting trash. And by the way, with the former "manual" method, you could register the same car in every local government in a state using different names with different plate numbers - Which IS the real 419
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by money2ride: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Onwan link=topic=475501.msg6349515#msg6349515 date=1278582465]
IF a vehicle has been parkedfor three years, the renewal fees for those years will be paid and the records updated (what we are talking about here is like N1,500 per year - when renewing after a few).

@onwan, Who is sounding silly now? read the post very well I think you are the one that is mis educated about the issue. You have only confirmed the sense I am making. A Vehicle not in use does not deserve being licenced. Period!
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by Kunletele: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2010
@Motor2ride, shut up! It's the same all over the world. The Uk government will even crush your car if they find it where it is parked without updated licences.
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by Onwan: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
The OP simply has no idea what the Autoreg is. People are here shouting 419, we are all shouting "what is government doing?", NOW, there is a scheme that will BLOCK anyone registering a car without a proper transaction AND also BLOCK any dealer passing off a registerd car without proper acknowledgement and transaction proof and someone is here asking "419 or what?"
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by Fhemmmy: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Poster . . . either you are using the ride or not, you ought to still have it registered with the govt, i think it is a great concept.
However, if you dont want it registered, I am sure there would be a way for you to go to the govt and remove the information from their database.
But if you do, how would they know who owns what and how many rides are registered to how many people?
Again, i think it is a brilliant concept.
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by chyjoke1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
money2ride:

@onwan, Who is sounding silly now? read the post very well I think you are the one that is mis educated about the issue. You have only confirmed the sense I am making. A Vehicle not in use does not deserve being licenced. Period!

[/qu
even in the former manual method, u will have to renew the car for as many number years you have parked the car before they can give you a current license unless u went thru the back door.
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by ladoma(m): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2010
eh eh eh eh eh grin
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by obojo(m): 4:59am On Jul 09, 2010
1500 naira a year, whaaaat , we are being robbed blind undecided undecided undecided
Re: Autoreg: 419 Or What? by quorium(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Guys, guys.

Can't you have a hearty discussion on issues? This platform is a platform where solutions should be found. A case where one person abuses another is totally uncalled for.

PLEASE TALK RIGHT, PLEASE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Buy my 2015 model Toyota Avalon XLE - FULL OPTION / For Sale Daf Fuel Tanker Truck Left Hand Drive 13000LITRES / SOLD Toks Toyota Corolla S 2007model For 1.6m @sunnycoolmotors 0802 340 8690

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.