Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,928 members, 7,799,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Television Star Toun Oni Dies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television Star Toun Oni Dies (8780 Views)

Olajumoke Omoge Oni Breadi Part 1 / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel / How To Watch Nigerian Television Stations Overseas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Television Star Toun Oni Dies by opetope: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2010
Veteran Nigerian actress, dancer, and vocalist, Toun Oni is dead. The actress passed away Wednesday morning while being rushed to the hospital.

“She complained about not feeling too well last night and then this morning she felt very weak so we had to rush her to the St Paul’s Hospital, Ebute-Metta, but she passed away before we arrived there,” said her son, Toyin Oni. “We were rushing her to the hospital from our Ajah home.” The body of the late actress has been deposited at St Paul’s Hospital, while funeral arrangements are currently being finalised at the family house at 66a Brick Field Street, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

Fondly called Mama T, Toun Oni was one of Nigeria’s most successful cross-over actresses. She was also a recipient of the prestigious Order of Niger (OON), conferred in 2006. A staunch Jehovah Witness, she will be remembered for her many movie roles. Her most memorably roles were undoubtedly on television, with parts in one of Nigeria’s longest running soap opera, ‘Checkmate,’ and the popular ‘Fuji House of Commotion,’ where she played Mama Moji.

Equally at home in movies and television, she tended to feature more in soap operas, and it is for these that she will be remembered by most fans. Amaka Igwe, who produced ‘Fuji House of Commotion,’ could not be reached for her reaction on the late actress’ death as at press time. Toun Oni’s career dated back to the 70s. She was aged 67.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5591235-146/television_star_toun_oni_dies_.csp
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by candylips(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2010
wow at 67
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by oludashmi(f): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2010
This is very painful
may her soul rest in peace
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by obinna5000(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2010
Its just so painful. sad

Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by olalkn(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ohhhh, what a lost
she is one of the best actress in Nigeria.
I remember her very well in Oleku and Fuji house of Commotion
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by eloii: 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
opetope:

Veteran Nigerian actress, dancer, and vocalist, Toun Oni is dead. The actress passed away Wednesday morning while being rushed to the hospital.

“She complained about not feeling too well last night and then this morning she felt very weak so we had to rush her to the St Paul’s Hospital, Ebute-Metta, but she passed away before we arrived there,” said her son, Toyin Oni. “We were rushing her to the hospital from our Ajah home.” The body of the late actress has been deposited at St Paul’s Hospital, while funeral arrangements are currently being finalised at the family house at 66a Brick Field Street, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

Fondly called Mama T, Toun Oni was one of Nigeria’s most successful cross-over actresses. She was also a recipient of the prestigious Order of Niger (OON), conferred in 2006. A staunch Jehovah Witness, she will be remembered for her many movie roles. Her most memorably roles were undoubtedly on television, with parts in one of Nigeria’s longest running soap opera, ‘Checkmate,’ and the popular ‘Fuji House of Commotion,’ where she played Mama Moji.

Equally at home in movies and television, she tended to feature more in soap operas, and it is for these that she will be remembered by most fans. Amaka Igwe, who produced ‘Fuji House of Commotion,’ could not be reached for her reaction on the late actress’ death as at press time. Toun Oni’s career dated back to the 70s. She was aged 67.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5591235-146/television_star_toun_oni_dies_.csp

May perfect Soul rest in the Lord Hand A, M, E, N
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Afam4eva(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2010
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. She's the mother of Nigerian rapper ABOUNCE.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by md4real(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2010
R i p. Still remember , after the storm.

1 Like

Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Ekamas: 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
Eh ya,may GOD grant & give her family mems & well wishers d fortitude 2 bear d loss.tank GOD ALMIGHTY dt she was able 2 fulfill her days here on planet earth & died
a peaceful death of honour at a fruitful age.At least she accomplished her plan & purpose here on earth & v left a legacy 4 dis generation & beyond in her acting roles & she was one of such rare women wt no scandals in d entertainment industry.
ADIEU MAMA WE LUV &WE SHALL MISS U .
4 THERE SHALL BE NO MAMA MOJI LIKE U.
MAY UR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS UR SOUL.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by kingrhirhs(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
My heart goes to her family and may God give them the
fortitude to bless the loss.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Bukittes(f): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
Great loss this is!!! May her soul rest in peace. I reallly liked her acting. So saaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by DoubleN(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
Rest in Peace Ma cry cry cry cry
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by bjmighty(m): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2010
afam4eva:

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. She's the mother of Nigerian rapper ABOUNCE.

Abounce!!!! Wow!!! I didn't know!
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Remii(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
Another fine actress is gone, May her soul rest in peace,
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by kemisuga(f): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ey Ha, May her Soul Rest In Peace, Amen.

cry cry cry cry
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by kazman7(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2010
may mama`s soul rest in peace,what a great loss to the movie industry
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by phamoodoo: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
This is sad.may HER Soul REST IN PEACE, AMEN,
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by eros(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
This is so sad cry cry cry cry cry cry

I trust you are in the bosom of the Lord God Almighty, a more better place than earth. We will miss you greatly.

Adieu
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by frcxs(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2010
bjmighty:

Abounce!!!! Wow!!! I didn't know!
I didn't know , Abounce once featured in some episodes of Fuji House of commotion. She will be missed.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
my o my! so painful   cry cry May Her Gentle Soul rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
what a loss
R.I.P Mama.
we will miss you.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Akuviv: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2010
shocked shocked shockedcry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry

This is sad! Sooooooooooooooooo unfortunate! I will miss her badly especially for her role in Fuji House of commotion. I will never forget her saying '' you fitn't'' What a loss! Kai, I hope these 'cosmetics' young actresses will learn from her.

Rest in peace cos now death fitn't does you nothing in the bossom of the Lord. smiley cry cry cry Will miss you sorely.

A great fan
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by bisiaet: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
R.I.P Mama you are star and a hero
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by chrisrock(m): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
RIP mama T,may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace, AMEN
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by seunbballo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
RIP, WAT A LOSS!!! May God Almighty comfort her children and family

Her Best part in one of my favorite Nigerian movies is MAGUN=''Thunder Bolt''
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by kingchild(m): 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
if the Lord tarries in his coming, Death becomes the inevitable way

it's not enough to say RIP mama

it's also expedient that we recognise the fact that "one by one " we came and in that same manner we shall depart to the home beyond
why not reconsider our ways, why not make it a time for sober reflection, why not remember from what height you have fallen and make a U-turn for Good, i promise you :yes you that you would regret you do.

God in his infinite mercy continue to be with us all (amen)

RIP mama, personally am gonna miss that beautiful look and joke.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by gadgetdeal(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
rip
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by sirt1(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by wales(m): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
MAy her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by micklplus(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
may her great soul rest in peace
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by Lacrissa: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
Damn!!! cry cry cry I remember her too. This just shivers me. Death is for everyone cry cry cry cry Rest in Peace.
Re: Television Star Toun Oni Dies by semid4lyfe(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2010
afam4eva:

She's the mother of Nigerian rapper ABOUNCE.
Not true !
Bukky Ajayi is Abounce's mother. . .not Toun Oni.

She said so on an episode of 'Koko Mansion' in which she appeared as a house guest.

Back to topic
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace and may God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss. . AMEN!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THROWBACK: Jenifa's Diary Complete Season 2 Download / Application For Big Brother Africa 6 Is Out! / Do You Want To Be Nollywood's Next Movie Star? Then Check Out These Auditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.