Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service (921 Views)

Do you want to finish your service year well?? Then read this. / If You Are Doing Your Youth Service In Lagos You Need To See This / Hospital Management Board(hmb) And Fct Water Board For Your Youth Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service by chuksstanlo: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Dear Corpers,
The reasonable thing to do now before you finish your youth service now is to start your own business because as you all know there are literally no jobs in Nigeria except if you have connections.
If you don't have the capital to start a business then you can learn a high income skill like Forex trading which you can use to make money for yourself and offer your services to others.
Starting an offline business is very difficult especially in Nigeria. I advice you learn a high income skill online and use that skill to start an online business, then when you have mastered the online space you can start a normal business.
Re: Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service by skedman(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
The fact remains that Nigeria is not ready fully for any entrepreneurship business aside fraud,politics and government jobs.

i started a small scale business early August ,2018. The concept was so nice i started the business with the sum of N500,000

The nature of the business was mainly on cold drinks. i had about 3 hawkers who come to pick up the cold drinks during the day
the business was doing fine , i had a sale girl who attend to the hawkers while i go for other professional jobs

However, the challenge began when i received a call from my sales girl that ikedc came to interview her on my wire connection. i was charge for by passing N 90,000.The electrician did a wrong connection which i never knew of not until when i was told by the Nepa official

it was never a prepaid meter but the old meter were they hardly read .i have always been charge with a fix amount of 10,000 monthly which was a bottle neck for my business.

i had to visit there office to solicit for a reduction but they decline my offer and insisted that i must pay before it will be reconnected back

The break down of the N90,000 was 50,000 for penalty fee while the balance was running cost. The business was just barely a month and will be hurt if such huge amount is removed.

They never show any remorse nor care about my emotion of a surviving business rather they were full with pride and these are the young generation that was employed into the system . they had the opportunity to be employed into ikedc not for merit but for one reason or the other .

The sum was paid out of frustration in other for the business to continue .

furthermore, my sales girl started her own by taking my money for transport and feeding and even had the gods to borrow a friend my money. we agreed with the sum of 15,000 as her take home pay,she is done with her ssce and still depend on her parent to be honest i had to sack her immediately .Right now the second lady is also involved in such act .

it is not there fault, i blame the country we are in and also there parent for not having that time to train there kids. they even rely on an ssce holder to bring food on there tables .I make a profit of 40,000 to 50,000 monthly depending on the weather.

To cut the story shot my capital is going down every month because i had to pay the following monthly without a salary of my own

SHOP RENT N7,000
IKEDC FEE N10,600
SALES GIRL N15,000
SECURITY N3,600
FUEL FOR GENERATOR N12,000
Car fueling N6,000
TOTAL 54,200

i am about closing the business down

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service by chuksstanlo: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2018
I am sorry that your business is facing problems based on things beyond your control. That is why starting an online business is easier than starting an offline business. You can learn a high income skill like Forex trading. Then you can offer your services to people abroad and you can scale up from there. It is easier to expand an online business than to expand a normal business.
skedman:
The fact remains that Nigeria is not ready fully for any entrepreneurship business aside fraud,politics and government jobs.

i started a small scale business early August ,2018. The concept was so nice i started the business with the sum of N500,000

The nature of the business was mainly on cold drinks. i had about 3 hawkers who come to pick up the cold drinks during the day
the business was doing fine , i had a sale girl who attend to the hawkers while i go for other professional jobs

However, the challenge began when i received a call from my sales girl that ikedc came to interview her on my wire connection. i was charge for by passing N 90,000.The electrician did a wrong connection which i never knew of not until when i was told by the Nepa official

it was never a prepaid meter but the old meter were they hardly read .i have always been charge with a fix amount of 10,000 monthly which was a bottle neck for my business.

i had to visit there office to solicit for a reduction but they decline my offer and insisted that i must pay before it will be reconnected back

The break down of the N90,000 was 50,000 for penalty fee while the balance was running cost. The business was just barely a month and will be hurt if such huge amount is removed.

They never show any remorse nor care about my emotion of a surviving business rather they were full with pride and these are the young generation that was employed into the system . they had the opportunity to be employed into ikedc not for merit but for one reason or the other .

The sum was paid out of frustration in other for the business to continue .

furthermore, my sales girl started her own by taking my money for transport and feeding and even had the gods to borrow a friend my money. we agreed with the sum of 15,000 as her take home pay,she is done with her ssce and still depend on her parent to be honest i had to sack her immediately .Right now the second lady is also involved in such act .

it is not there fault, i blame the country we are in and also there parent for not having that time to train there kids. they even rely on an ssce holder to bring food on there tables .I make a profit of 40,000 to 50,000 monthly depending on the weather.

To cut the story shot my capital is going down every month because i had to pay the following monthly without a salary of my own

SHOP RENT N7,000
IKEDC FEE N10,600
SALES GIRL N15,000
SECURITY N3,600
FUEL FOR GENERATOR N12,000
Car fueling N6,000
TOTAL 54,200

i am about closing the business down
Re: Why You Should Start A Business Now Before You Finish Your Youth Service by FirstS2B(f): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Corpers who want to start businesses based on their creative talents should join us at CraftsHome, a Facebook group to learn many different crafts skills to make you money. Use this link:

https://www./152882548677895/

(1) (Reply)

Best Mtn Plug For Cheap Data / Fake Corps Members To Be Handed Over To E F C C / Can Lasu Students Make Nysc For March?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.