Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:39 PM

Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! (1101 Views)

Wordpress Experts, Please Help : Displaying Product Via A REST API / Wordpress Experts Please I Need Your Help.... / [Code Review Help] Laravel Experts Please HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by Finstar: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2018
Having some issues with my WordPress blog.

Whenever I make any changes to the theme or publish a new post , it doesn’t reflect on the front-end of my blog.. I have used super cache and w3 cache, it still can’t solve the problem. I have cleared browser cache countless times, have also used other browsers and yet, the problem still persist.. What could have caused it?

Whenever I publish a new post or make any changes to the theme, it doesn’t reflect.. Seriously I need help. This is frustrating..

Thanks.

www.EntMirror.com
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by steveDpro: 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2018
always delete cache after changes.
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by Finstar: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
steveDpro:
always delete cache after changes.

Did that countless times
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by steveDpro: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
uninstall all cache plugins
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by delishpot: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
Did you try going to customize and arranging the pages ftom there?
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by elninosft(m): 12:21am On Sep 27, 2018
Finstar:

Whenever I make any changes to the theme or publish a new post , it doesn’t reflect on the front-end of my blog.. I have used super cache and w3 cache, it still can’t solve the problem. I have cleared browser cache countless times, have also used other browsers and yet, the problem still persist.. What could have caused it?

Whenever I publish a new post or make any changes to the theme, it doesn’t reflect.. Seriously I need help. This is frustrating..

Thanks.

www.EntMirror.com

Well, it depends on what you mean by "making changes to the theme ".. Sometimes it could be quite a task to locate the exact CSS lines for the section u want to modify (that's for WordPress themes anyway ).. however, you can "cheat" by writing the styling codes directly on the HTML page. The browser will run this first hence it overides the main styling.

As for your posts not coming up, check the database directly to confirm if the posts are actually inserted into the tables. That should be ur first step. If the posts are correctly inserted, then the bug might be from the fetch queries of ur theme. You should also check the php lines for bugs..
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by Finstar: 12:37am On Sep 27, 2018
elninosft:

Well, it depends on what you mean by "making changes to the theme ".. Sometimes it could be quite a task to locate the exact CSS lines for the section u want to modify (that's for WordPress themes anyway ).. however, you can "cheat" by writing the styling codes directly on the HTML page. The browser will run this first hence it overides the main styling.

As for your posts not coming up, check the database directly to confirm if the posts are actually inserted into the tables. That should be ur first step. If the posts are correctly inserted, then the bug might be from the fetch queries of ur theme. You should also check the php lines for bugs..

Thanks for your detailed response Sir. I really appreciate.

Theme changes mean, adding widgets, customising the theme using the Customizer etc.. Whatever changes I make, it doesn't reflect at the front-end.. It keeps showing me the same old look... As for new post not showing, they are in the database.. From the WordPress back-end, it's also shown as published.. I can even visit the page If I click the link..

The only edit I made to the theme is the style.css, that's altering the themes info.. I also removed the footer credit.. That's the only modification I made to the theme..

How can I really solve this issue? Have got across my host and they said it isn't a server issue..
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by elninosft(m): 12:58am On Sep 27, 2018
Finstar:

Thanks for your detailed response Sir. I really appreciate.

Theme changes mean, adding widgets, customising the theme using the Customizer etc.. Whatever changes I make, it doesn't reflect at the front-end.. It keeps showing me the same old look... As for new post not showing, they are in the database.. From the WordPress back-end, it's also shown as published.. I can even visit the page If I click the link..

The only edit I made to the theme is the style.css, that's altering the themes info.. I also removed the footer credit.. That's the only modification I made to the theme..

How can I really solve this issue? Have got across my host and they said it isn't a server issue..

Obviously, it's not a server issue.. The problem is definitely from the theme. . My guess is that you just installed the theme. . If that's correct then reach out to the theme developers if your theme is licensed but if it's a nulled theme, then with careful observation of the lines, the bug will be fixed. I can't proffer a solution right away as am not seeing the codes..
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by Finstar: 1:27am On Sep 27, 2018
elninosft:

Obviously, it's not a server issue.. The problem is definitely from the theme. . My guess is that you just installed the theme. . If that's correct then reach out to the theme developers if your theme is licensed but if it's a nulled theme, then with careful observation of the lines, the bug will be fixed. I can't proffer a solution right away as am not seeing the codes..
Yes, I recently installed the theme.. Have gone to the developer's support forum. Don't know how long it will take before I get a response.. Perhaps I should uninstall the theme and reinstall theme to revert the changes.. Will it solve it? . I won't mind creating an account for you on my blog to take a look at the codes.. I will really appreciate Sir..
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by bassdow: 5:57am On Sep 27, 2018
Finstar:

Thanks.

www.EntMirror.com

Get in touch let me take a look
Re: Wordpress Experts, Please Help A Brother! by elninosft(m): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2018
Finstar:

Yes, I recently installed the theme.. Have gone to the developer's support forum. Don't know how long it will take before I get a response.. Perhaps I should uninstall the theme and reinstall theme to revert the changes.. Will it solve it? . I won't mind creating an account for you on my blog to take a look at the codes.. I will really appreciate Sir..

Alright. . Let me look at the codes.. You hv my contact already I guess? Chat me up on whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

Boost Your Programming Skill In Hivazinc Institute's BOOTCAMP 2018 / Please I Need Answer. Please Help / To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.