Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:49 AM

A Religious Leader / Setting Worsened My Mental Health Situation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Religious Leader / Setting Worsened My Mental Health Situation (237 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / Can A Small Penis Guy Find Love Or Is It Just My Mental Messed Up?? / 10 Reasons Osinbajo Will Ignite A Religious Civil War By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Religious Leader / Setting Worsened My Mental Health Situation by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
I'm a freelance journalist and I am working on a piece connecting the impact of religion on mental health and I need someone with a backstory as a lead for the piece.

Do you know anyone (or are you someone) who approached a religious leader (preferably Christian) and was told he was possessed by demons (or something in that category), suffered stigma from the religious setting, was given wrong diagnosis or prescription from religious homes and his/her mental situation has gotten worse.

Even if the person is dead, and you are a friend or relative and can tell the story, it works too.

If you want to remain anonymous for the story, we can discuss it, your identity and your story will be protected.

Please this is very crucial to the story. Thanks

Please send me a message on this platform. I'll delete this message as soon as I get a concrete source.

Thanks
Re: A Religious Leader / Setting Worsened My Mental Health Situation by hahn(m): 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
How much are you willing to pay for the story?
Re: A Religious Leader / Setting Worsened My Mental Health Situation by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
Lol. Honestly, it's not a piece I can decide if I want to pay the source or not because paying already beats the idea.

It's a piece I'm working on towards World Mental Health Day. If you have a credible source, you can hit me up and let's talk

(1) (Reply)

Communicating With Your Kids By Michael Amadi / Oyo Central Senatoria Primaries Elrction Was Boycotted / Refuting Feminism On Classical Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.