Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy (1336 Views)

Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Nigerians And Hypocrisy - Is This A Nigerian Or Biafran Female Basketball Team? / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good day everyone,

This thread is not to malign Christians but to state the what's going on in the real world as well as Nairaland. I've been a guest on Nairaland since 2011, but decided to join the forum in 2014 due to things I saw in the Religious Section against Islam. We thank Seun and other MODs for creating a separate section for Muslims as this has helped and protected us a little from cusses from non-Muslims especially Christians.

I'll talk about the real world, I'm a Yorubaman from Kwara State. And we've been victims of oppression and deception by missionaries. Now note that I'm not directing this to Yoruba Christians but the missionaries some who were British and few Yorubas. Islam in Yorubaland dates back to as far back as 15th century according to some scholars. Yorubas started to embrace the religion since the 16th/17th century thereby making them one of the oldest Muslims in Africa. In fact Islam is older than some worship of traditional gods in Yorubaland, and I can state for a fact that Yoruba Muslims are the majority. I know I know, some Yoruba Christians would dispute this fact. Lemme break it down for y'all, the only states with majority Yoruba Christians are Kogi, Ondo and Ekiti states. Muslims make up the majority in Kwara, Oyo, Osun, Lagos and make up 50% of Ogun State if not more. The vast majority of Yorubas in Benin Republic and Sierra Leone are Muslims, so let's not deceive ourselves here.

When the missionaries began spreading Christianity after we were conquered by the British, they used all sort of vices including deception and force. I'll give an instance with the north, the main reason why the north lacked and had bad feelings about western education in the early days was due to some antics of the missionaries. One popular example was when the Colonial government sent the missionaries to Zaria in order to teach the people "latinlized" version of Hausa rather than the "Ajami" version, when the missionaries got there, they changed their position and then decided to pick the 3 brightest young men from the city. Their aim was that, if they were successful in converting them to Christianity, they in return would bring the rest of the city into Christianity. The people discovered this and sent them out, this isn't the only way they tried, however, I'll leave that for now.

Unlike Northern Nigeria, the missionaries were extremely successful in their quest in South West. They quickly removed the Ajami scripts the Yoruba Muslims used in writing and proselytized a lot in Muslim areas. As I said earlier, I'm from Kwara State and I know first hand what the missionaries did here. During the days of my dad, a distance relative of my dad who was already a Christian and worked with the missionaries and had connections in one missionary school in Igbaja, Ifelodun. The school's name is ECWA secondary school. The man convinced my dad to apply to the school but my dad applied to it alongside Offa Grammar school which was government school. My dad got accepted into both schools but his uncle who was a missionary and a preacher refused to show my dad the admission offer from Offa but only showed him that of ECWA. So my dad had no choice but to attend the missionary school and didn't discover that he was offered admission until many years

To be continued....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
Rilwayne001, haffaze777, demmzy15, Fariq, Empiree, vedaxcool,
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by PMBfirstson(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mynd44, please don't close it down. I'm not instigating anything against anyone. Please I beg you, don't close it down embarassed cry
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by donmalcolm21(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
BeansAndBread:
All these people you called are the social media managers for Abubakar Shekau the Grand Khadi of Boko Haram the truest Islamic group that practice everything Mohammad the banished son of Hagar that took solace in a cave so came out with incoherent gibberish and ultimately forced people to listen and believe in it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by donmalcolm21(m): 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
BeansAndBread:
All these people you called are the social media managers for Abubakar Shekau the Grand Khadi of Boko Haram the truest Islamic group that practice everything Mohammad the banished son of Hagar that took solace in a cave and so came out with incoherent gibberish and ultimately forced people to listen and believe in it
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Turantula(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
This my yeloba muslim friend that cannot lead prayers amongst his Fulani masters. Hope you know that yorubas' used to have a king in Kwara state? So I wonder if it is the missionaries that removed him and installed your masters at his stool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Turantula:
This my yeloba muslim friend that cannot lead prayers amongst his Fulani masters. Hope you know that yorubas' used to have a king in Kwara state? So I wonder if it is the missionaries that removed him and installed your masters at his stool
I'm not from Ilorin, my town has an Oba who's a Muslim. Now get out of here if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by MallamAhmed: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2018
What's the essence of this thread? Some folks will just wake How and be typing rubbish.
With muric and co springing up in the southwest I forsee an ungly religious divide in the southwest.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by lexyking(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
Oga I beg stop this your insinuations that the missionaries deceived people. I'd rather you discuss about how your forefathers were forced into becoming Muslims at gun point hence it is called imole in Yoruba language

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
lexyking:
Oga I beg stop this your insinuations that the missionaries deceived people. I'd rather you discuss about how your forefathers were forced into becoming Muslims at gun point hence it is called imole in Yoruba language
You were the ones that forced the guns on our heads abi?
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Rilwayne001: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nice thread OP. Keep it coming.

[s]
donmalcolm21:
All these people you called are the social media managers for Abubakar Shekau the Grand Khadi of Boko Haram the truest Islamic group that practice everything Mohammad the banished son of Hagar that took solace in a cave and so came out with incoherent gibberish and ultimately forced people to listen and believe in it
[/s]
You need to grow some sense in yourself.
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by FriendNG: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Jokerman(m): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
lol... Yoruba muslims.... grin... why not first developed your tiny little villages before you chastise christians....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Empiree: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
This thread is going to be light.

I'm aware of everything op said.

And we got someone (usermane) who said they (Christian terrorists) moved on.

But in reality they didn't. Their terrorists masters killed the heck out of ijebu people and paved way for Christian missionaries.

After they achieved their aim {by bombing the day light of ijebu people), and of course, Yoruba generally, and handed their Bibles to us (you remember those small sized New Testament bible) in high school?.

Then, they said their old God had renounced violence. That's why they forged New Testament to portray their "peace" initiative. Fact is, they aren't peaceful one bit. They are just smarter than black skinned Africans.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by meforyou1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
BeansAndBread:
Mynd44, please don't close it down. I'm not instigating anything against anyone. Please I beg you, don't close it down embarassed cry
is this the apppropriate section to post this?
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by MayorofLagos(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following...

BeansandBread, let me share something with you. When you open a thread like this, be prepared for counter inputs and pressure to derail the intent. You must ignore both those for and those against your point until you complete what you brought in to sdhare. After you complete, then you pick the baddest of your opponents and thrash him/her with your facts and truths. If you keep replying to moles you will never finish the information you want to share.

Im listening to you, go ahead bro...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by raumdeuter: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
beansandbread you have highlighted the deception as the main weapon which the missionaries used to spread Christianity, Can you tell us how Islam was spread to Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Shukuakukobambi: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
All these fight over two imported religions from the middle East!!

The Jews who own Jesus Christ hate you. The Arabs who own Mohammed hate you yet the African adherents of these two monstrosities will keep hacking at themselves and heating up the nation!!

Who una useless religions epp sef? How many times have you seen isese worshipers cause trouble or bring up nonsense history? If Christianity didn't treat you right, is it Islam that has treated you right?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Agbaletu: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following...
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
MayorofLagos:
Following...

BeansandBread, let me share something with you. When you open a thread like this, be prepared for counter inputs and pressure to derail the intent. You must ignore both those for and those against your point until you complete what you brought in to sdhare. After you complete, then you pick the baddest of your opponents and thrash him/her with your facts and truths. If you keep replying to moles you will never finish the information you want to share.

Im listening to you, go ahead bro...
Thank you bros, I'll do that.
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Mariory(m): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
Remove this crap to Religious section.
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by IbrahimDamola: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
BeansAndBread:
I'm not from Ilorin, my town has an Oba who's a Muslim. Now get out of here if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute

My dear yorobba muslim brother e be like say the truth about our fulani-imposed kwara emirate pain your yoruba muslim skull no be small. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
All these fight over two imported religions from the middle East!!

The Jews who own Jesus Christ hate you. The Arabs who own Mohammed hate you yet the African adherents of these two monstrosities will keep hacking at themselves and heating up the nation!!

Who una useless religions epp sef? How many times have you seen isese worshipers cause trouble or bring up nonsense history? If Christianity didn't treat you right, is it Islam that has treated you right?

My brother I tire for them. Hope they will fight to the death. Let me see which of the two gods will save them, Allah or Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Shukuakukobambi: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2018
kmcutez:

My brother I tire for them. Hope they will fight to the death. Let me see which of the two gods will save them, Allah or Yahweh.

The issue is so annoying. How Africans have still not realized the role religion played and still playing in the past, present and future enslavement of the continent is baffling and sad.

Black men fighting over the religions of their oppressors. The delusion na follow come
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

[s]My dear yorobba muslim brother e be like say the truth about our fulani-imposed kwara emirate pain your yoruba muslim skull no be small. grin[/s]
This is what constant sit at home causes, now you no sabi book again. There's nothing like Kwara Emirate, it's Ilorin Emirate. And in case you don't know, there are many Kingdoms who even tho are Muslims but are independent of Ilorin.

But what can I expect from an ipob yoot embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by IbrahimDamola: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
BeansAndBread:
This is what constant sit at home causes, now you no sabi book again. There's nothing like Kwara Emirate, it's Ilorin Emirate. And in case you don't know, there are many Kingdoms who even tho are Muslims but are independent of Ilorin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by donmalcolm21(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2018
BeansAndBread:
You were the ones that forced the guns on our heads abi?
Islam has no place in a decent society so take it to sambisa forest
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by donmalcolm21(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2018
BeansAndBread:

Nobody cares about Islam in Kwara because Saraki is a moderate Islam who is not gullible like the idiots that kill for one ancient cave man that raped a 12 year old girl
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by blackpanda: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2018
Op please what is is the point of this rubbish u posted here

Smh
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by alienvirus: 9:30am On Sep 28, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Questions Dele Momodu Asked Governor Ambode That Every One Is Talking About / Rumour Of President Buhari's Death / What Will Happen If PMB Loses? Nationwide Carnival Or Mass Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.