Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (35013 Views)

10 Life Lessons And Teachings Of Jesus That The World Needs / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Teachings Of Jesus That Jesus Disobeyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija:

Please dont make me start been sarcastic & insulting.

Let's be logical. I have given you my points, quote then & respond to them logically or simply end the discussion

I am on mobile and I can not adequately respond to the volume that's why I responded that way. But fact is your points have been smashed to bits so thoroughly I had no recourse but to laugh.

I will try to respond in bits.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by DavidEsq(m): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Dude there was nothing called bible until people arranged a canon. So what if Constantine was not a Christian according your standard you cannot escape the fact that Constantine was very instrumental in the formation of the bible you read today. And not only him, many power hungry men through the ages have manipulated all these writings for their own gain. These scriptures you read are a mere fairytale, myths that have been refreshed.
So let's get somewhere first. Was the bible in several manuscripts before it was finally compiled? Where are those manuscripts today? They exist in their very original language. Do u know that there is a bible that has been translated from the original manuscripts and all the adulterated parts cut out?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by DavidEsq(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija:

ONE thing is certain. For you to accept a book as being from God, it would have to be truthful and accurate in everything it says. The people and places to which it refers should actually have existed. Would you not agree? How does the Bible measure up in this regard?

Take just one example. The Bible identifies Pontius Pilate as the governor of Judea during the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ. (Luke 3:1, 2) But did Pilate actually live and, if so, was he really the ruler of Judea?

For a long time no confirmation was available. Then, in 1961, a remarkable discovery was made at Caesarea. An inscribed stone was uncovered that was originally part of a temple honoring the emperor Tiberius. The Latin inscription states: “Pontius Pilate, the Prefect of Judea, has dedicated to the people of Caesarea a temple in honor of Tiberius.” The Bible’s historical accuracy was confirmed! And there are many, many other examples that show that the Bible is accurate and reliable historically and geographically.

‘Wait a minute,’ you might say. ‘The fact that a book is accurate does not prove that it is from God!’ True. The Bible’s accuracy does not in itself prove divine inspiration. However, the Bible contains evidence that proves it is far more than an accurate history book. Thus, many sincere Bible students have become convinced that the Bible really is from God. You deserve to see what led them to that conviction. Let us examine five different lines of evidence.

Internal Harmony

Imagine that 40 people were asked to write sections of a book. Their backgrounds were varied. Some were well educated, while others were humble farmers or shepherds. Further, not all of them knew one another. In fact, most of them lived at different times in history and in different places. What do you think would be the chances that their writings would all harmonize, even in the smallest details? ‘Impossible!’ you say? Well, these are the very circumstances surrounding the writing of the Bible.

Now consider as just one example of the harmony of the writers their consistent portrayal of Jehovah God. As you can read in the Bible, its various parts provide a harmonious description of Jehovah God as to both his person and his personality. He is timeless, infinite. (Psalm 90:2; Habakkuk 1:12; Revelation 10:6; 15:3) He is invisible to human eyes. (Exodus 33:20; John 1:18; 1 Timothy 1:17) The Bible writers, when given visions of his presence, describe great dignity and majesty, as well as serenity, order and beauty. (Exodus 24:9-11; Ezekiel 1:26-28; Revelation 4:1-3) Throughout the Bible God’s dominant qualities are repeatedly shown to be love, wisdom, justice and power.

Surely, the internal harmony of the Bible​—despite its many writers—​is an indication that it is from a source higher than man.

Scientific Accuracy

Now let us consider one or two of the Bible’s comments on scientific matters. Why are these significant? For several reasons: (1) They harmonize with scientific facts; (2) they reflect knowledge that was beyond the available human knowledge at the time they were written; and (3) they are completely free from the mistaken views held at the time.

Perhaps you have heard that the Bible says that our earth hangs upon nothing and is round. (Job 26:7; Isaiah 40:22) ‘Why is that so remarkable?’ you may ask. Keep in mind that these Biblical comments agree with proved scientific fact and they are in contrast to ancient myths about the shape of the earth and how it was supported. Why, up till just a few hundred years ago most men, even those involved in science, believed that the earth was flat! So it is extraordinary that the Bible writers knew these facts about the earth thousands of years ago and that without modern scientific instruments!

Here is another example. At the time of Moses it was the custom in Egypt to use human or animal excrement as a remedy for certain ailments. Furthermore, Moses was raised in Egypt and was “instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians.” (Acts 7:22) But the comments he wrote at Deuteronomy 23:12, 13 are completely free from the mistaken​—in fact, harmful—​medical practices of Egypt. According to these words, in ancient Israel human excrement was to be considered unclean, to be buried away from populated areas and water supplies. As you know, modern medical science agrees.

Are not these examples a further indication that the information recorded by the Bible writers must have come from a source higher than themselves?

Candor

Something else that identifies the Bible as coming from God is the candor of its writers. Why? For one thing, it is contrary to fallen human nature to admit one’s mistakes, especially in writing. In this, the Bible is distinguished from other ancient books. But, more than that, the candor of its writers assures us of their overall honesty. After all, they would not likely reveal their weaknesses and then make false claims about other things, would they? If they were going to falsify anything, would it not be unfavorable information about themselves? So, then, the candor of the Bible writers adds weight to their claim that God guided them in what they wrote down.​—2 Timothy 3:16.

As an example of such candor, let us consider Moses. Although he was leader of the nation of Israel, mediator of the Law covenant, prophet and judge, he did not lead Israel into the Promised Land. Why not? According to Numbers 20:1-13, Moses made a serious mistake. Read for yourself how he “acted undutifully” and “began to speak rashly with his lips,” failing to magnify God’s name. Who recorded the account in the Bible book of Numbers? Moses, who candidly made a permanent record of his own failings!​—Deuteronomy 32:50-52; Psalm 106:32, 33.

Consider next the shortcomings of the apostles of Jesus Christ. At times they were slow to understand (Matthew 16:5-12), showed little faith (Matthew 17:18-20) and revealed a tendency to seek prominence. (Matthew 18:1-6; 20:20-28) Why, they even abandoned Jesus on the night he was arrested! (Matthew 26:56) Did you notice that all these shortcomings were recorded by Matthew, one of the 12 apostles?

Do you not agree that the candor of the Bible writers is further evidence that the Bible is more than a mere human book and evidently contains ‘not the word of men, but the word of God’?​—1 Thessalonians 2:13.

Preservation

The preservation of the Scriptures also indicates that the Bible really is from God. Consider these two reasons:

(1) Since the Bible writers originally wrote on perishable material, the Scriptures had to be recopied by hand numerous times throughout the centuries in order to be preserved for future generations. Why is this so remarkable? Not only because there was the risk of human error but also because there were deliberate efforts to tamper with the text. Yet the Bible has come down to us with amazing accuracy, as the discovery of ancient Bible manuscripts confirms.*

(2) The Bible’s preservation is all the more amazing when you consider that it has survived fierce opposition. There were times when popes and councils prohibited the reading of the Bible under penalty of excommunication. Many Bible lovers were burned at the stake. But the Bible survived all this opposition and became the world’s best-seller.

No other book in human history has survived with accuracy despite repeated recopying by imperfect humans and centuries of bitter attacks by enemies. Is this not convincing proof that the Bible contains “the saying of Jehovah,” which “endures forever”?​—1 Peter 1:24, 25.

Prophecy

Perhaps the strongest proof that the Bible is from God is the fulfillment of its many prophecies. What man is there that can foretell the future with unfailing, pinpoint accuracy, hundreds, even thousands, of years in advance? Men have difficulty in predicting the weather more than a few hours in advance!

‘But how do we know that Bible prophecies were really written in advance?’ you may ask. To answer that, turn to Isaiah 13:19, 20 and read Isaiah’s prophecy regarding the destruction of ancient Babylon. Notice that Isaiah did not foretell just the destruction of Babylon. He also said: “She [Babylon] will never be inhabited.” Babylon is desolate to this day. How could Isaiah possibly have written his prophecy after the fulfillment?

Furthermore, although Babylon was conquered by the Medes and the Persians in 539 B.C.E., Isaiah’s prophecy was not completely fulfilled at that time. In fact, there were still people living in Babylon down to the first century C.E. (1 Peter 5:13) Apparently, it was not until the fourth century C.E. that Babylon became finally desolated, thus completely fulfilling Isaiah’s words. There is no doubt that Isaiah wrote his book before that, for even the Dead Sea Scrolls (Bible manuscripts first discovered in 1947) contain a copy of Isaiah dating from the first or second century B.C.E.

The Bible contains scores of other long-range prophecies that were fulfilled. More than that, a study of the Bible reveals that it contains prophecies that you are seeing fulfilled today. (Consider the accompanying box.) Can there be any doubt that the Bible writers spoke from God?

After reviewing the evidence, what do you conclude? At the very least, does not the Bible merit your investigation? There is compelling reason for you to investigate it. As we noted in the previous article, never before in history has there been a greater need for reliable guidance in human affairs. The Bible contains principles that, if applied, can help you to cope with economic hardships, live peaceably with your fellowman and build a happy family life. What about the global problems that are beyond human control? The Bible outlines the permanent solution to be effected by God’s Kingdom under Christ in the near future
Cc: LordRead
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Hcqmela: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:
Here's the thing all the so called personal encounters are never full on physical encounters. It's either a dream, an impression or a "vision" (more likely a sort of dream as well).

Why is an omnipotent God incapable of having full on physical contact with the people he supposedly loves? Why is everything left to be subjected to the highly distorting realm of dreams and impressions? I would never trust any person who comes and tells me he learnt how to fly a plane from a dream so why should I trust people who say they encountered the creator of the universe in a dream? And he gave them instructions for all of humanity in that dream? Really?
God is a spirit being n for Him to be able to communicate with you it has to be thru the spiritual realm. Remember we wrestle not against flesh and blood but spirits and for we to conquer is thru the spirit realm n not the physical realm.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
D1official:

When you know the truth,you don't argue sir.
How many times have you argued about your name,if the person you telling refuses to believe you only let him wallow in foolishness.
How can someone who claims not to believe in God live all his life debating about the same God he doesn't believe in. Its either he is a lunatic or lieing to himself.
Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God...
I guess your so called story book just depicted your real condition.
Am so sorry to say this bro, but you are a fool you only need wisdom.

LoL. I can only laugh at this point. You have no strong points and reduced to typing junk. When you have strong reasons for your fairytale get back to me.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Hcqmela: 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Balderdash. Abraham and Moses saw him and lived. Your fairytale is just a confused mess.
U can as well say that you yourself is a fairytale since God created u too
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by marvinsync(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
Abcruz:

Come out of the darkness O rebellious one.
For in a little while when your flesh waste away, you will wish you had listened to the reproves of life.

Accept Jesus today for your own good and for the good of the children after you!!!

so ur saying all those who don't accept Jesus will suffer for all of eternity ?

like those born b4 Jesus , those born around the time of Jesus who didn't hear him , people with the rest of the 3000+ religions , all Muslims , atheists and even those Christians who have heard but have disobeyed even the slightest sin in the Bible

so let me ask u out of all the people that have ever existed how many percent made heaven ?

and why did an all powerful all KNOWING and supposedly "loving" God create such type when he knew the true meaning ,
so that means that either something is a lie about God or that Jesus isn't the only way to heaven , ever thought about that?

oh wait u can't ,ur brain can't phantom it , ur just too zombified to even process that
are u?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hcqmela:
God is a spirit being n for Him to be able to communicate with you it has to be thru the spiritual realm. Remember we wrestle not against flesh and blood but spirits and for we to conquer is thru the spirit realm n not the physical realm.

LoL! There is nothing like spiritual realm, that's a story you are told so you do not question the scam. How many churches are there today with cameras recording 2-3 services a day yet not one day has an angel been captured on camera. I know you don't think along these lines because you have been feed the spiritual realm pigs feed. Doesn't your bible tell you repeatedly how men saw angels with their 2 naked eyes? Put on your thinking cap man.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

So let's get somewhere first. Was the bible in several manuscripts before it was finally compiled? Where are those manuscripts today? They exist in their very original language. Do u know that there is a bible that has been translated from the original manuscripts and all the adulterated parts cut out?

What adulterated parts? LoL do you even know that the old testament was practically rewritten after the Israelites came back from Babylonian captivity? You probably don't because you have been led to believe there is an unbroken line handing down the scriptures. LMFAO!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Hcqmela: 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Then he should appear in those ways. In fact one test I device for proving an omnipotent being is for him to simultaneously appear to every single person as a discrete being in all 7+billion cases.

But of course he is claimed to be a spirit so that you can conveniently move him close and far away when it suits you. An omnipotent God that cannot give clear and unequivocal evidence of his existence is not worth the trouble.
He has given the evidence long before time began n that evidence is thru the air that comes in n out of ur nostrils. Despite the advanced technology of A1 robots that man created, They have not been able to create one that breathes oxygen in n out like we Humans but instead it's wires, electricity or anything at all that is man made that has been used to create such robots. That alone is a clear evidence of his existence.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hcqmela:
U can as well say that you yourself is a fairytale since God created u too

God did not create me, I was born.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by marvinsync(m): 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
deluxeT:

I think you've always been on the simple sides of life. Go and ask world champions, formula one drivers, athletes, soldiers, fighter jet pilots, artists, captains of industries, top echelon professionals, scientists, astronomers and most especially sailors, they will tell you, GOD IS CONCRETE, that they can even touch Him . Though none can give a vivid description of him because He is "I AM WHO I AM".

I WAS LIKE YOU BEFORE .

My Brother or Sister. God is so real.

But He will never be everything you wish because your wish is just like the wishes of a 5-year old boy besides his grandfather who knows everything.

Just imagine that everything you had ever wished for had come to pass, probably the whole police officers in Nigeria would have died and so on.

So, Stop trying to understand God.
Just tap into his infinite goodness.

stop tryna understand God?

lol then what the hell is Christianity about ?
why do y'all read the Bible so much , isn't it to know more about God? isn't that what the pastors say

but when u read the book and find so many contradictions and illogic , what are u supposed to do?
if u just ignore them then aren't u just a zombie?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Abcruz(m): 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
marvinsync:

so ur saying all those who don't accept Jesus will suffer for all of eternity ?

like those born b4 Jesus , those born around the time of Jesus who didn't hear him , people with the rest of the 3000+ religions , all Muslims , atheists and even those Christians who have heard but have disobeyed even the slightest sin in the Bible

so let me ask u out of all the people that have ever existed how many percent made heaven ?

and why did an all powerful all KNOWING and supposedly "loving" God create such type when he knew the true meaning ,
so that means that either something is a lie about God or that Jesus isn't the only way to heaven , ever thought about that?

oh wait u can't ,ur brain can't phantom it , ur just too zombified to even process that
are u?

A man who stiffens his neck after much reproof will suddenly be broken beyond healing.

Since you you have decided to turn your back and not just your face from your creator, only the sound of terror will make you understand that which was said and written, that you have heard and read!!!

I have warned you this day that your hatred for the fountain of living water will cost you your life.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by marvinsync(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Abcruz:

A man who stiffens his neck after much reproof will suddenly be broken beyond healing.

Since you you have decided to turn your back and not just your face from your creator, only the sound of terror will make you understand that which was said and written, that you have heard and read!!!

I have warned you this day that your hatred for the fountain of living water will cost you your life.

ha ! there it is , the threats , u ask a question u get threatened

I'm sure that's how u keep urselves in check.

when u have a question , u just remember hell and then u continue to follow

let me ask u is that truly something worth following ? something that doesn't even make sense but because of fear not believe u Keep following and leaving ur entire life because of only for u to realise that it's just wrong at the end , if hell is real then God isn't loving and u know that deep down , then it simply means God created people to torture them forever
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija

Internal Harmony

Imagine that 40 people were asked to write sections of a book. Their backgrounds were varied. Some were well educated, while others were humble farmers or shepherds. Further, not all of them knew one another. In fact, most of them lived at different times in history and in different places. What do you think would be the chances that their writings would all harmonize, even in the smallest details? ‘Impossible!’ you say? Well, these are the very circumstances surrounding the writing of the Bible.

Now consider as just one example of the harmony of the writers their consistent portrayal of Jehovah God. As you can read in the Bible, its various parts provide a harmonious description of Jehovah God as to both his person and his personality. He is timeless, infinite. (Psalm 90:2; Habakkuk 1:12; Revelation 10:6; 15:3) He is invisible to human eyes. (Exodus 33:20; John 1:18; 1 Timothy 1:17) The Bible writers, when given visions of his presence, describe great dignity and majesty, as well as serenity, order and beauty. (Exodus 24:9-11; Ezekiel 1:26-28; Revelation 4:1-3) Throughout the Bible God’s dominant qualities are repeatedly shown to be love, wisdom, justice and power.

Surely, the internal harmony of the Bible​—despite its many writers—​is an indication that it is from a source higher than man.

First off, internal consistency is not a proof of a higher deity. Besides a deity should be capable of more logical consistency than has been presented in the bible. Why does the mighty creator of the universe need 7 days to create the earth? He could have done it in 1 moment. Why does a mighty creator need a flood to reset his creation? He could have simple done it without the flood. There are many, many logical inconsistencies in the narrative. Secondly you are simply pointing out the narrative strings that are thought to hold the bible together but completely skip the narrative inconsistencies. See this example:

1 Chronicles 11:11
And this [is] the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain [by him] at one time.

2 Samuel 23:8
These [be] the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same [was] Adino the Eznite: [he lift up his spear] against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

There are many like it. See this one too:

Jesus carried his own cross.
John 19:17
And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called [the place] of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:

Simon the Cyrenian carried Jesus' cross.
Matthew 27:32
And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.

Mark 15:21
And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian, who passed by, coming out of the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to bear his cross.

Luke 23:26
And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear [it] after Jesus.

Many, many more.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Hcqmela: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! There is nothing like spiritual realm, that's a story you are told so you do not question the scam. How many churches are there today with cameras recording 2-3 services a day yet not one day has an angel been captured on camera. I know you don't think along these lines because you have been feed the spiritual realm pigs feed. Doesn't your bible tell you repeatedly how men saw angels with their 2 naked eyes? Put on your thinking cap man.
It all still drives down to the same point that there is what we call a spiritual realm n the same Bible u always quoting mentions the word spirit multiple times to prove to you such realm actually exists. For u to see a spiritual being u must have really have operated to a level where ur spiritual being can be able to communicate with them. In the same Bible u quote from remember God said come let's create Man in our image n we know God is a spirit being. This is the era of grace that God communicate to man in different ways so as to even the sinner cos God sent his son Jesus to earth to die on the cross of Calvary not for the saved but for the sinners to have redemption through Jesus Christ our personal Lord and Saviour. That is why most of the people u hear having an encounter with the God in their past activities are those who erred humanity and God in one way or the other but as at the time of Moses and Abraham that you are quoting about If u notice well that these people that encounter God before Christ came were righteous n whereas some of them like Moses even flawed too to show you the weakness of man.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hcqmela:
It all still drives down to the same point that there is what we call a spiritual realm n the same Bible u always quoting mentions the word spirit multiple times to prove to you such realm actually exists. For u to see a spiritual being u must have really have operated to a level where ur spiritual being can be able to communicate with them. In the same Bible u quote from remember God said come let's create Man in our image n we know God is a spirit being. This is the era of grace that God communicate to man in different ways so as to even the sinner cos God sent his son Jesus to earth to die on the cross of Calvary not for the saved but for the sinners to have redemption through Jesus Christ our personal Lord and Saviour. That is why most of the people u hear having an encounter with the God in their past activities are those who erred humanity and God in one way or the other but as at the time of Moses and Abraham that you are quoting about If u notice well that these people that encounter God before Christ came were righteous n whereas some of them like Moses even flawed too to show you the weakness of man.

Which level did the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah operate on that made them see angels. Not 1 but 2. So you mean all the churches are not able to operate on the same level with the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah? LMFAO!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by fof1: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:
Here's the thing all the so called personal encounters are never full on physical encounters. It's either a dream, an impression or a "vision" (more likely a sort of dream as well).

Why is an omnipotent God incapable of having full on physical contact with the people he supposedly loves? Why is everything left to be subjected to the highly distorting realm of dreams and impressions? I would never trust any person who comes and tells me he learnt how to fly a plane from a dream so why should I trust people who say they encountered the creator of the universe in a dream? And he gave them instructions for all of humanity in that dream? Really?

UR MYOPIC MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND OR FATHOM D VERY BIG GOD AND HIS MAJESTIC REVELATION. HUMBLE URSELF AND SEEK HIS FACE OR U WILL BE FIT FOR HELL FIRE.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by marvinsync(m): 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
Anbody can go to Church...going to Church does not make you a Christian smiley
God did not make man to control man and his actions, God specially made man in His image and likeness, to be his friend...but man chose the path of disobedience and went from the presence of God.
But the good news is Jesus Christ is come to restore all things through salvation for everyone who is willing...Hallelujah !!! smiley

man chose?

dude do u understand the concept of a " creator".

can u create something that goes against ur design?
if man sins then it's cause God created him with the liability to sin

so God who loves u , created u knowing fully well u were gonna sin and suffer for all of eternity and still created u ,and now uve sinned and ur saying it's a choice?

is it really a choice, let's be real is it really a choice that eve sinned , if God can see the future then ur whole life is already written , nothing is a choice, God already knows who's going to heaven or not , so just leave life
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by marvinsync(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
JeogahII:
Jesus is Lord. If his existence is a mere fairytale then this is the most perfect and fantastic fairytale I have ever come across. After about 2000 and eighteen years the fairytale is still winning the heart of men and reconciling them to God. Jesus loves you

ur right it is the most fantastic fairytale I've ever come across but it's still a fairytale
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija

Scientific Accuracy

Now let us consider one or two of the Bible’s comments on scientific matters. Why are these significant? For several reasons: (1) They harmonize with scientific facts; (2) they reflect knowledge that was beyond the available human knowledge at the time they were written; and (3) they are completely free from the mistaken views held at the time.

Perhaps you have heard that the Bible says that our earth hangs upon nothing and is round. (Job 26:7; Isaiah 40:22) ‘Why is that so remarkable?’ you may ask. Keep in mind that these Biblical comments agree with proved scientific fact and they are in contrast to ancient myths about the shape of the earth and how it was supported. Why, up till just a few hundred years ago most men, even those involved in science, believed that the earth was flat! So it is extraordinary that the Bible writers knew these facts about the earth thousands of years ago and that without modern scientific instruments!

Here is another example. At the time of Moses it was the custom in Egypt to use human or animal excrement as a remedy for certain ailments. Furthermore, Moses was raised in Egypt and was “instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians.” (Acts 7:22) But the comments he wrote at Deuteronomy 23:12, 13 are completely free from the mistaken​—in fact, harmful—​medical practices of Egypt. According to these words, in ancient Israel human excrement was to be considered unclean, to be buried away from populated areas and water supplies. As you know, modern medical science agrees.

Are not these examples a further indication that the information recorded by the Bible writers must have come from a source higher than themselves?

One or 2 statements do not cancel out the volumes of scientific inaccuracies in the bible. By bible reckoning the earth is 6000yrs old which is completely wrong. We just found human art from 73,000 years ago and we have human remains from 177,000 years ago.

Even if you want to dispute those, what of the bible calling bats birds? Saying hares are unclean because they chew the cud, when hares are not ruminants? Saying insects have 4 feet? God doesn't know how many feet insects have?

There are many more but working on mobile is a PITA.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Kaysalas(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, so an omniscient God, who knew man will ruin everything, still goes ahead and makes man and you tell me he is not wicked.
He gave us a FREE WILL. The ability to CHOOSE and deal with the consequences.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Melian(f): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Has God-enabled prophecies not come to pass? What prophecies are u referring to? Is it prophecies of "men of God"?
What are ur issues with Joseph's situation precisely? If u aren't clear, how wld ur issues be understood?

Brotherly, I don't have issues o. Joseph was preordained to be great. Why? If you can answer to that.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija

Candor

Something else that identifies the Bible as coming from God is the candor of its writers. Why? For one thing, it is contrary to fallen human nature to admit one’s mistakes, especially in writing. In this, the Bible is distinguished from other ancient books. But, more than that, the candor of its writers assures us of their overall honesty. After all, they would not likely reveal their weaknesses and then make false claims about other things, would they? If they were going to falsify anything, would it not be unfavorable information about themselves? So, then, the candor of the Bible writers adds weight to their claim that God guided them in what they wrote down.​—2 Timothy 3:16.

As an example of such candor, let us consider Moses. Although he was leader of the nation of Israel, mediator of the Law covenant, prophet and judge, he did not lead Israel into the Promised Land. Why not? According to Numbers 20:1-13, Moses made a serious mistake. Read for yourself how he “acted undutifully” and “began to speak rashly with his lips,” failing to magnify God’s name. Who recorded the account in the Bible book of Numbers? Moses, who candidly made a permanent record of his own failings!​—Deuteronomy 32:50-52; Psalm 106:32, 33.

Consider next the shortcomings of the apostles of Jesus Christ. At times they were slow to understand (Matthew 16:5-12), showed little faith (Matthew 17:18-20) and revealed a tendency to seek prominence. (Matthew 18:1-6; 20:20-28) Why, they even abandoned Jesus on the night he was arrested! (Matthew 26:56) Did you notice that all these shortcomings were recorded by Matthew, one of the 12 apostles?

Do you not agree that the candor of the Bible writers is further evidence that the Bible is more than a mere human book and evidently contains ‘not the word of men, but the word of God’?​—1 Thessalonians 2:13.

This one falls under logical inconsistency, calling it candor is a way to hand wave it away. Why does god tell his people not to kill but goes ahead to command them to kill babies? Why does god say not to commit adultery but allows men to have concubines? He said to kill anyone who commits adultery but David is spared.

And on and on.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
fof1:

UR MYOPIC MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND OR FATHOM D VERY BIG GOD AND HIS MAJESTIC REVELATION. HUMBLE URSELF AND SEEK HIS FACE OR U WILL BE FIT FOR HELL FIRE.

LoL. Yahweh is an idol of the Canaanites, look it up. LMFAO!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Kaysalas:

He gave us a FREE WILL. The ability to CHOOSE and deal with the consequences.

How is free will compatible with an omniscient god? If god knows all you are going to do then how are you choosing anything? If god knew this free will would cause us to sin then he was wicked in going forward with his plan.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

At least one person is aware of the fraud called jews.
I trust you know how they've twisted history, blackened Hitler, lied about six million holocaust, sowed destruction, death and disorder everywhere they've been.

I got a raft of books I can recommend for you to read if you indicate interest.

Pls recommend as much as you can, no knowledge is lost.
In the meantime, pls check out Thirteenth tribe by Arthur Koestler and the Invention of the Jewish people by Professor Shlomo Sand of Tel Aviv University. Infact, there was interview he gave on CNN regarding the subject, just check it out.
Peace.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hcqmela:
He has given the evidence long before time began n that evidence is thru the air that comes in n out of ur nostrils. Despite the advanced technology of A1 robots that man created, They have not been able to create one that breathes oxygen in n out like we Humans but instead it's wires, electricity or anything at all that is man made that has been used to create such robots. That alone is a clear evidence of his existence.

LoL, we evolved my dear fellow. That's why our bodies are the way they are. There is no way an intelligent being designed these bodies talk less a creator of the universe.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Bidobado1:

In the meantime, pls check out Thirteenth tribe by Arthur Koestler and the Invention of the Jewish people by Professor Shlomo Sand of Tel Aviv University. Infact, there was interview he gave on CNN regarding the subject, just check it out.
Peace.
I have Sand's book, the pdf on my phone. Started reading it but I've not completed it. Arthur koestler's 'Thirteenth Tribe' I've heard of but never read it. Would get it.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by DavidEsq(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:

Brotherly, I don't have issues o. Joseph was preordained to be great. Why? If you can answer that.
Was he really pre ordained? The book of Genesis 37:2 says that Joseph often brought a bad report of his brothers to his father, Jacob. Now, verse 3 and 4 tell us how much Jacob loved Joseph due to the fact that he was the son of his old age. Now we wld not need a prophet to tell us that Joseph's father also loves him because he was mild hearted and not bad like his brothers. Now we would also not need a prophet to also tell us that Jacob must have taught his sons the laws of God but unlike Joseph, his brother did not conform to such teaching.
Now in Genesis 21:2,3 the bible says that God promised that Abraham would be a great nation and that every the people of the earth would be blessed thru Abraham. That is to say, God had a purpose for calling out Abraham: to bring a saviour to the world thru Abraham. Jacob who was Abraham's grandson had only one good son. The rest were crap. Would u not say that Joseph by reason of his faithfulness to God was the best vessel for God to pursue his promise? Was God's favour on Joseph automatic? Was it not as a result of his loyalty to God? Do u think the devil didn't know this and tried to frustrate Joseph by putting him tru a lot?
When Joseph was sold to the Ishmaelites, do u think he didn't possibly pray to God? Do u think Jacob didn't teach him to pray?
Joseph's trials (of portiphar's wife's seduction and his imprisonment for several years) didn't weigh him down, did they? Does the book of psalm 97:10 not tell us that God shows loyal love and guards and delivers those loyal to him? Would u have expected God to have acted differently towards Joseph who was faithful? Was it God's favour that made Joseph faithful or Joseph was resolved to be faithful to God, based on wat his father taught him?
Why did Joseph have to become an important figure in Egypt? Because God gave him wisdom to prevent the famine or draught that would later kill thousands worldwide from hunger (Genesis 41:57), which would have killed Jacob and all his family (who would later form the 12 tribes of Israel). Why? 1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us dis: "No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure/escape it".
Joseph was in a terrible situation and whichever way the devil threw him, God never stopped strategising to be able to achieve hi purpose for man. So u see, Joseph wasn't favoured exceptionally. He was faithful to God and became the necessary means by which God would fulfil his purpose.
So u see. Joseph's story is not one of exceptional favour from God. Rather, it is a story of faithfulness in the face of terrible trials. That is why Romans 15:4 says:
"For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope".
Now let's look at Joseph's brothers:
Genesis 49:1-28 tells how Joseph's brothers received blessings that made them great. Levi the 3rd son of jacob became the father of priests thru whom God cleansed the people ( numbers 18:2, 23,24). Judah became the lineage of kings thru whom David and finally, Jesus Christ came (Genesis 47:10 & Luke 1:32, Hebrews 7:14).
Do u know that Joseph's brother became changed men and it was after that, that they received the blessings of becoming part of God's arrangement to bless the earth? See Genesis 44:18-34.
Pls I encourage u to read these scriptures cited here, so ur opinions might be sound and complete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Kaysalas(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

How is free will compatible with an omniscient god? If god knows all you are going to do then how are you choosing anything? If god knew this free will would cause us to sin then he was wicked in going forward with his plan.
Its obvious you got your interpretation of "all knowing" all warped up. Knowing all things doesn't mean he knows your actions before you take them. His words if you care to read clearly spells it out Deut 30:19
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Kaysalas(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
Bidobado1:

Peace.

Mujtahida:

At least one person is aware of the fraud called jews.
I trust you know how they've twisted history, blackened Hitler, lied about six million holocaust, sowed destruction, death and disorder everywhere they've been.

I got a raft of books I can recommend for you to read if you indicate interest.
Please how can i get those books? Can you send via WhatsApp or telegram?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mad Man "Delivered' At RCCG Lagos (Photos) / Nana Poku 'Heals' Woman With A Kiss In South Africa (Video) / Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.