Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Spirit Of Hatred - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Spirit Of Hatred (282 Views)

Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God / Hatred / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit Of Hatred by EmahPurple(f): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
I have written a flash fiction which is scheduled to be published tomorrow morning. Though it is fiction, it revolves around the Lynching of a man in Bayelsa over the misunderstanding of a stolen bag. I don't know if anyone heard the story when it was broadcasted on Channels Television but it really shocked me. To think that in this age and time, people are still taking lives senselessly? I have realised that in this country, we hardly want to see our neighbour prosper. We are happy with our ignorance and poverty as long as we are all in the same position, but we jump on the next opportunity to strike someone who we do not even know down over an allegation that we have no proof of.

So many years ago, when I heard of the Aluu Lynch of those four students, I was haunted. I didn't even watch the viral video but I realised that there is something seriously wrong with us. There is a Spirit of Hate in us. That is why people will stand watching a mob tear someone apart and do nothing, that is why the police never interfere in these kind of killings. That is why up until today, the government is still working towards regarding lynching and jungle justice as a crime.

If there is anyone who agrees with me, please follow my blog
https://emahpurplewriter./ to read this post when it comes out. And don't forget to leave your opinion on the issue.

(1) (Reply)

Crypto Writer Needed / I Need Sherlock Holmes's Books. / John Vincent Poetry: My Father Is A Stranger In My Heart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.