Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Abudhabi Sport Testing - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Abudhabi Sport Testing (9907 Views)

Abudhabi Card Now Splitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abudhabi Sport Testing by badaru1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
Abudhabi sport is tesing on nilesat,frequency 11449H 27500 HD. If you have nilesat input it and let us have your response
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by twinstaiye(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2010
They have the premiership right this season, does that mean they will be broadcasting in HD format only? I better go get myself an HD Receiver.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2010
oga twins,
better go and get hd before express pass you oooo! smiley
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by twinstaiye(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
Adeexy

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)
« #39 on: Today at 04:37:39 PM »

@ All
The ABU DHABI MEDIA COMPANY now has the rights to the English Premier League for the next three consecutive seasons 2010/11, 2011/12, and 2013/14.
All the sports bars and footy fans throughout Europe who enjoyed the superb EPL coverage through Showtime for the last 3 years will need to switch over to the Abu Dhabi Sports Package to enjoy similar superb coverage for the next 3 years.This means there will be a huge demand for these subscriptions. The new package is not due to be released until mid-july. This gives us less than four weeks to get the viewing cards out in time for the start of the premiership football season.
The ADMC Sports package consists of 10 HD channels and is due to be officially released in mid-July.
The channels are, Abu Dhabi HD Sports 1 - 6, Sky News HD, Fox Movies HD, Fox Series HD, and National Geographic Abu Dhabi HD.
In an attempt to prevent piracy ADMC have teamed up with Humax and are using a Humax HD Receiver with an embedded 12 month subscription.Individual Abu Dhabi viewing cards will also be available.But at the momeNt it is only clear that the sports channels will be in hd only so will require a compatible hd receiver to view these channels we will be testing many receivers to find out which will be the best.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
There's always a laughter of mockery across my face whenever i go through this thread.

What could abu dhabi be thinking when they were unveiling this HD plan? If the spoke-person has been drunk, at least we'd still some peeps in their normal sense to correct this guy. They want to roll out all their stations in HD? I guess they also are heading for destruction just like DAARSAT. I have not seen any paytv provider except daarsat that rolled out all their stations on HD. Even the almighty al-jazeera that is having rights to the worldcup didnt take that step.

Where do they expect millions of subscribers to get HD boxes between now and when EPL kicks off in about 4 weeks time? Sudan, Egypt, libya, Chad, Niger, Mali, e.t.c to just name a few. I'm just laughing here in swahili.

Well i think that maybe possible if they are planning a partnership with OSN, cos already OSN have been advertising for some time now that they are ready to make exchange for their existing MPEG2 decoder for a full HD one, with no additional cost. And if they wont be in partnership with OSN, i guess its gonna be a white elephant project.

Let them start with MPEG-2 first, and then gradually move to HD format.

And to those at the dark side of FTA, just know that you wont be successful with the various ways cos that their HD decoder wont be adaptable for your dark purposes.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by twinstaiye(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
It is too early to say, besides, nobody believed Abu Dhabi can win the epl rights away from showtime network. There seems to be a revolution of sorts going on in UAE about Television, apart from the epl and their channels in HD, there is also an effort to pump over 2 billion dollars into movie, which will see Abu dhabi sponsoring the production of at least 7 movies in a year ranging from hollywood, asians etc movies. Besides, I also read it somewhere last year that abu dhabi sports may show the epl on OSN. And as for the dark issues, wetin be your own? we will cross that bridge when the time comes.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Adeexy: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2010
@ Enitan

Like you have something against broadcast in HD, the format on lyngsat is Mpeg 4/HD for the tp 11449 so Its not a bad deal considering d cost.

@ All
The tp is not turning green on my 2.5m fibre, has anybody tried it?
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by pofolo(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2010
@ enitan,

on this issue me i dey your side o.
No wonder the "crazy" all of a sudden big deal demand rush for daarsat decoder. Our hands are crossed,as the drama unfolds . . .
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by sayso: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2010
so Nile craze will start again?I tire for dish lifting
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by obnelly: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
our best bet is to track badr6 on 6 degree east to receive abudabi HD
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by obnelly: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
our best bet is to track badr6 on 26 degree east to receive abudabi HD
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Enigma(m): 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
enitan2002:

There's always a laughter of mockery across my face whenever i go through this thread.

What could abu dhabi be thinking when they were unveiling this HD plan? If the spoke-person has been drunk, at least we'd still some peeps in their normal sense to correct this guy. They want to roll out all their stations in HD? I guess they also are heading for destruction just like DAARSAT. I have not seen any paytv provider except daarsat that rolled out all their stations on HD. Even the almighty al-jazeera that is having rights to the worldcup didnt take that step.

Where do they expect millions of subscribers to get HD boxes between now and when EPL kicks off in about 4 weeks time? Sudan, Egypt, libya, Chad, Niger, Mali, e.t.c to just name a few. I'm just laughing here in swahili.

Well i think that maybe possible if they are planning a partnership with OSN, cos already OSN have been advertising for some time now that they are ready to make exchange for their existing MPEG2 decoder for a full HD one, with no additional cost. And if they wont be in partnership with OSN, i guess its gonna be a white elephant project.

Let them start with MPEG-2 first, and then gradually move to HD format.

And to those at the dark side of FTA, just know that you wont be successful with the various ways cos that their HD decoder wont be adaptable for your dark purposes.

Especially at the bolded: you have a point and in fact that is partly why they are going down the HD route; however some HD channels elsewhere have already been subjected to the "dark purposes" treatment. The Abu Dhabi people have far deeper pockets than the Daarsat crew though.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by GeorgeD1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2010
well, some of us are still trying very hard to cling on to the light (clean) side of fta - even though it appears our ranks are being depleted by the minute! grin
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by freshp(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
George_D:

well, some of us are still trying very hard to cling on to the light (clean) side of fta - even though it appears our ranks are being depleted by the minute!  grin
i Stand by you O!!!
After All Light overcomes Darkness. cheesy
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by mecussey(m): 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2010
No signal yet, on 11449 H 27500 of Atlantic bird 4A
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by solo1ng1: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
i used the frequency on nilesat, no signal also,
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
you people that are saying no signal, no signal, are you testing it with a HD decoder??
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by GeorgeD1(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2010
freshp:

i Stand by you O!!!
After All Light overcomes Darkness. cheesy

freshp, it's not easy being in the minority but what else can man do?

we must hold the torch firm even though we're sorrounded by thick darkness!  grin
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Adeexy: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2010
I tested it d TP on Daarsat HD and it didn't turn green on 2.5m fibre will be testing on 4.4m dis weekend.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by solo1ng1: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2010
I used the TP on daarsat 4.4m dish, same ni,
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by solo1ng1: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2010
I used the TP on daarsat 4.4m dish, same ni,
Why must they be testing by this time? Considering the fact that EPL start 2nd week next month, less than a month for this their test stuff, I hope they'll provide good service oooo, even those with tested frequncies they go off air at times, let just keep watching anyways
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by mecussey(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2010
enitan2002:

you people that are saying no signal, no signal, are you testing it with a HD decoder??

High definition is just high resolution i.e 720p/1080p rows from top to bottom unlike SD which is 480p rows from top to bottom; it should not have any effect on the carrier (10600 -13600).
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
mecussey:

High definition is just high resolution i.e 720p/1080p rows from top to bottom unlike SD which is 480p rows from top to bottom; it should not have any effect on the carrier (10600 -13600).

what are we saying, what are you saying

You cant be telling me that na fish dey inside sardine can, or say na for feet dem dey wey wear shoe.

All i'm saying is if you make use of a SD decoder, which is what more than 90% of us use here, we can never hit green on that TP even if its receivable here in Nigeria. So where does the issue of progressive and interlacing come into show
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:49am On Jul 17, 2010
@All,
The package is loaded.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Adeexy: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@All,
The package is loaded.

this is not explanatory enough, are u receiving the signal?
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
Adeexy:

this is not explanatory enough, are u receiving the signal?

@ Adeexy,
I sent one of my boys to do the tracking/searching of 11449. He got five channels using srt4669X @ 59%. My dish is tilted towards MBC persia & ESPN most of the time. The channels are AD Sport HD 1 to 5. Next week, I will connect any of my HD receivers and see if there are pictures.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Adeexy: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@ Adeexy,
I sent one of my boys to do the tracking/searching of 11449. He got five channels using srt4669X @ 59%. My dish is tilted towards MBC persia & ESPN most of the time. The channels are AD Sport HD 1 to 5. Next week, I will connect any of my HD receivers and see if there are pictures.

@ Butoneday

I want to believe its not ur 5m dish, so what size of dish did your boy use in getting d signal? And you didn't get back to me in respect of our discussion tried calling you but ur no. wasn't available.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2010
Adeexy:

@ Butoneday

I want to believe its not your 5m dish, so what size of dish did your boy use in getting d signal? And you didn't get back to me in respect of our discussion tried calling you but your no. wasn't available.

@Adeexy,
It is my 5m dish that is doing the magic. I instructed the guy to go to my house and do the search since I am away till next week. i left my dish in a position where I can receive ESPN, MBC Persia and MBC1234 etc. I tried reaching you on phone this afternoon, but no success.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
butoneday,
that your 5m dish na fire oooo! any station wey dat dish no fit recieve is not worth recieving in this part of our solar system! grin
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by mecussey(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@ Adeexy,

BUTONEDAY, pls confirm if they still have the signal, mine came green yesterday and now its off again. I have 5m metal dish and I get OSN, I am sure its not a dish problem.
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
mecussey:

BUTONEDAY, pls confirm if they still have the signal, mine came green yesterday and now its off again. I have 5m metal dish and I get OSN, I am sure its not a dish problem.

@mecussey,
Let's see if I can get someone to check the current status of 11449
Re: Abudhabi Sport Testing by Adeexy: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@mecussey,
Let's see if I can get someone to check the current status of 11449

@ Butoneday

Thanks for d call, I really appreciate it.

@ All

I guess the signal is not stable for now, if we all remember d case with infinity den b4 it became stable, I believe something similar is going on with d ad sports tp for now, with time its goin to be available.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

t / Guruz In The,house Help / Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.