Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,881 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) (55017 Views)

Skeletons Of Over 40 People And Some Who Died Of SYPHILIS Found In Peru (Photos) / Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / 16th-Century Child Skeletons With Coins In Their Mouths Found In Poland (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by akdjr(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2018
Are Brazilian skull miners too? Just asking. I am going to put in my will when I come of age for my skeleton to be used if it is useful for money rituals, or any medical practical. I think human bones should not be left to decay like that.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by tartarus(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:
ONE THING I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND ABOUT SCIENCE AND SCIENTISTS IS HOW THEY FOUND OUT THE AGE OF THINGS THEY DISCOVER,

HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT THE SKELETON IS UP TO 6000 YEARS AND NOT 300 YEARS, HOW DO THEY GET THE AGE?!
HOW DID THEY KNOW THE EARTH IS 4.5BILLION+ YEARS?

I LOVE SCIENCE WITH ALL MY HEART

It's a process called carbon dating
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Legendkid: 8:24am On Sep 28, 2018
93Miles:
in a bit to sound funny, u sounded foolish.

What as PMB got to do with ur smelly dirty teeth?

Teeth that u used different d!cks to brush.

Dirty wh0re

In your haste to curse, learn to spell.
It's "what has" not as
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 8:27am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Which secondary school in Nigeria teach it's student Carbon Dating ? .
Even the University do not teach any science student Carbon dating unless you Branch into archeology which many of is don't do in Nigeria . So plz give him a break!
it's thought in History class, even in secondary school.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 8:33am On Sep 28, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I concur with you, carbon dating in secondary school shocked, l don't think so cheesy
It's thought in History class even in secondary school. In History you have 3 branches ; Written, Oral and Dug History. The dug history is where this knowledge is thought. History and Archeology are bed fellows.

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
It's thought in History class even in secondary school. In History you have 3 branches ; Written, Oral and Dug History. The dug history is where this knowledge is thought. History and Archeology are bed fellows.
Ok..
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
it's thought in History class, even in secondary school.
What History class? in Secondary school? show me a textbook in secondary school which teaches Carbon Dating plz, we all went to secondary school in Nigeria.name the text book you found Carbon dating on in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

What History class? in Secondary school? show me a textbook in secondary school which teaches Carbon Dating plz, we all went to secondary school in Nigeria.name the text book you found Carbon dating on in Nigeria!
There are 3 branches in History ; Written, Oral and Dug History. The Dug history is where this knowledge is thought. History and Archeology are bed fellows. Now you know!
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
There are 3 branches in History ; Written, Oral and Dug History. The Dug history is where this knowledge is thought. History and Archeology are bed fellows. Now you know!
Are you seriously telling me Dug history is being tought in secondary schols?
Aint you confusing yourself? Is there such word as Dug history in secondary schools? Dug digging as it sound aint that a process to unearth history itself rather than a kind of history like written and Oral?
what is Dug History, where did you get that from??

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
where did you get the word*\dug history from?I have never heard of it, care explaining?
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I concur with you, carbon dating in secondary school shocked, l don't think so cheesy
Never, I went to a very good secondary school,we produced one of the best physic student my year,we had one of the best teachers in physics in the whole of my state then.70%of us where science students,.Even in Uni, Co dating was thought to us as a meanse to mesure not as a practice!, Unless you are an anthropology student .

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Never, I went to a very good secondary school,we produced one of the best physic student my year,we had one of the best teachers in physics in the whole of my state then.70%of us where science students,.Even in Uni, Co dating was thought to us as a meanse to mesure not as a practice!, Unless you are an anthropology student .
You asked the guy some questions to produce the history books, I am waiting for his response, except it is a new syllabus been taught in secondary school history text book grin

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2018
AngelicBeing:
You asked the guy some questions to produce the history books, I am waiting for his response grin
he also made a word out DUG history,I just reached out to a a friend of mine that works witht eh british Musume, he says nothing like that and that my friend should explain more. grin grin grin
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Are you seriously telling me Dug history is being tought in secondary schols?
Aint you confusing yourself? Is there such word as Dug history in secondary schools? Dug digging as it sound aint that a process to unearth history itself rather than a kind of history like written and Oral?
what is Dug History, where did you get that from??
More reason you need to ask when you don't know something rather than proof to know everything others. know. How will you know when you don't believe there is anything like dug history. This part of history deals with excavation of artifacts hence the dating. These are the basics of History.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by bigmee: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:
ONE THING I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND ABOUT SCIENCE AND SCIENTISTS IS HOW THEY FOUND OUT THE AGE OF THINGS THEY DISCOVER,

HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT THE SKELETON IS UP TO 6000 YEARS AND NOT 300 YEARS, HOW DO THEY GET THE AGE?!

Hmm! I guess it's Carbon-14 test
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

he also made a word out DUG history,I just reached out to a a friend of mine that works witht eh british Musume, he says nothing like that and that my friend should explain more. grin grin grin
shocked

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:

I love science too and I am always checking out Discovery Science channel.
There is something called Carbon Dating - I leanrt that on the channel when there was a documentary on a claim about the Shroud of Turin.
Anyway, researchers use this Carbon dating thing to determine the amount of radioactive decay of carbon-14 versus Carbon 14 in our own time and thus use it to tell the age of artifacts such as this (which was a formerly a living thing).
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Abeeja: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:

It is possible with the help of a certain type of radiation... I think it is called Radioactive dating
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
More reason you need to ask when you don't know something rather than proof to know everything others. know. How will you know when you don't believe there is anything like dug history. This part of history deals with excavation of artifacts hence the dating. These are the basics of History.
I did, |I asked a prof that works in the national history musum in London tralfagers square.he was a coleageue of mine during 2nd degree days at uni.he says there is nothing like DUG history.I am an Engineer so |i dnt know jack shyete about this but we use CO dating as a means to measure.Now my initial Arguement was that Co dating is not tought in secondary schools,I have asked you to name a text that contains carbon dating methods used in any of the Nigerian school you have seen,you ended up with the above.I have also asked you to point me to any text or quotes or written citation to the word DUG History as a kind of history, we are still left with the above statement.
You see my friend, Assumption is terrible, Its a vein that lack no method nor science cos it can not be proven,I always stick to what I know, Ask me anything about fluid mechanic then yay sun will shine!ANything to do with Hydrolics in heavy Engines,you r my man,
What you are describing is called a process/method not a kind/type.
My Musume friend just sugested to me that what you might be trying to say is the process of collecting history from undernith the earth but it is calle excavation(process) not kind and the pit it is collected from is called a DIG.I can link you directly to him if U r interested in such thing that is if you are a history student.

2 Likes

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2018
You did a fine job explaining it bro

Abdulnur:

Its called radioactive dating. All element/molecules have half life (t½) which is a period of time where half of that element/molecule decays off, releasing radiation. The radiation is captured and measurements are made to identify when they were originally released, thus estimating the appx age of the object being studied, in this case, human skeleton (which is rich in calcium, potassium, carbon etc).
If the DNA could be extracted (I doubt it could be, the life span of DNA molecule is 521yrs), analysis could be made to establish the persons race, ancestry (religion too??), traces of diseases etc.

The 2nd one, age of the earth, I'll love to say something on it too but God I'm getting lazier by the days.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by obynno7(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:

they date it back through Cabon daten
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2018
immhotep:

So you have a lot of faith in these researchers grin

I have friends who do such digs, some are professional archaeologists and some are volunteers helping them clean and sort the artifacts. These people camp out in the middle of nowhere dig sites and sleep rough, eat awful camp food for weeks, they do rough physical work a day everyday and they are supervised by a tenured professor, and media too if it's an important discovery.

These people also go through strict ethics education, stealing ancient artifacts is a big crime in many countries and punished heavily if caught.

These people study for years and do all that tough work digging under the hot sun, spend many years with this, do you think they would throw away their career and international prestige they have earned by publishing research papers, all what they worked so hard to build for grave robbery? Is it worth the risk rotting in prison?
They find mostly broken pottery and ancient gsrbage dumps anyway, it is a labor of lovr and only ideologist people work in that field. They might spend years digging before they find anything remotely precious.

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On Sep 28, 2018
revontuli:

I have friends who do such digs, some are professional archaeologists and some are volunteers helping them clean and sort the artifacts. These people camp out in the middle of nowhere dig sites and sleep rough, eat awful camp food for weeks, they do rough physical work a day everyday and they are supervised by a tenured professor, and media too if it's an important discovery.

These people also go through strict eethics education, stealing ancient artifacts is a big crime in many countries and punished heavily if caught.

These people study for years and do all that tough work digging under the hot sun, spend many years with this, do you think they would throw away a career and intrrnational prestige they earned by publishing research papers, all what they worked so hard to build for grave robbery?

Those guys mehn, I duff my heart when ever I see them,they came to us during the crossrail Dig in London.These guys get time, brushing one bone for like 4 hours.I dont think I can ever have such endurance an composure.never

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Hmmm. Oyinbo and their zeal for development and advancement. If na black, them go done dey look for one baba or politician or pastor or Imam to sell the skull to.

Cheap s6 edge. Check my signature.

True sha
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Those guys mehn, I duff my heart when ever I see them,they came to us during the crossrail Dig in London.These guys get time, brushing one bone for like 4 hours.I dont think I can ever have such endurance an composure.never

I have a colleague who earns a ton of money as software engineer and spends half of his vacation volunteering at such digs and cleaning shards of ancient pottery for hours. It's a matter of passion and dedication.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by NASTYNASOSO: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2018
NigerArea:

HMMMMMMMMMMM

I ALSO HAD ALL YOUR KIND OT THOUGHTS TILL I STUDIED ABOUT CARBON DATING
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2018
Slurity:
you have wound me with laugh

That was my purpose but it triggered one Buhari voter cheesy
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2018
revontuli:
grin grin grin

I have a colleague who earns a ton of money as software engineer and spends half of his vacation volunteering at such digs and cleaning shards of ancient pottery for hours. It's a matter of passion and dedication.
Yep, this is why they are so serious, you walk past the cordon, you dont hear a thing, turn the corner you see 50 people brushing in silence.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by charlsecy(m): 10:57am On Sep 28, 2018
baby124:
The Bible states the world was just being created at this time. Yet, at the same time this poor man was being buried in a very nice grave by his tribesmen.
PRESENTATION:
That can’t be possible, these Oyibo are demonic..... my bible tells me the earth is 2000 yrs old and it definitely can’t be wrong....
I don't think the Bible say anything about the age of the earth.

Afonja007:
who built that carbon machine
PRESENTATION:
Science is the devils agenda to make people not believe God....
Scientific equipment have been used to predict the likelihood of environmental indices such as rainfall, earthquake, and so forth, and they are fairly reliable.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by MrPRevailer(m): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Dr Schwengber said that the island would have been isolated and would have had no drinking water.

Experts believe the site was probably used for ceremonies and funeral rituals.

'Data collected at the site indicates they had a diet of fish, such as catfish, snapper, sea bass and corvina', said Dr Schwengber.

'The small size of the fish indicates that the food supplies were the juvenile fish present in shallow waters.'

I'll be interested when you start talking about giant skeletons found in Ecuador, Peru, Grand Canyon etc

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 11:15am On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

I did, |I asked a prof that works in the national history musum in London tralfagers square.he was a coleageue of mine during 2nd degree days at uni.he says there is nothing like DUG history.I am an Engineer so |i dnt know jack shyete about this but we use CO dating as a means to measure.Now my initial Arguement was that Co dating is not tought in secondary schools,I have asked you to name a text that contains carbon dating methods used in any of the Nigerian school you have seen,you ended up with the above.I have also asked you to point me to any text or quotes or written citation to the word DUG History as a kind of history, we are still left with the above statement.
You see my friend, Assumption is terrible, Its a vein that lack no method nor science cos it can not be proven,I always stick to what I know, Ask me anything about fluid mechanic then yay sun will shine!ANything to do with Hydrolics in heavy Engines,you r my man,
What you are describing is called a process/method not a kind/type.
My Musume friend just sugested to me that what you might be trying to say is the process of collecting history from undernith the earth but it is calle excavation(process) not kind and the pit it is collected from is called a DIG.I can link you directly to him if U r interested in such thing that is if you are a history student.
You see, you are the one confusing yourself here. I didn't mention DUG History but you did. I didn't put cap on my own Dug like you did. Since you agreed with the word 'Dig', tenses of verb made me understand that the past participle of Dig or dig is dug . So it can't be dig history rather dug. The prof should have let you know that when working on artifacts, dating of such objects is pertinent hence carbon dating is unavoidable. I learnt/heard this for the first time in my secondary school days. Hnmmm "History student" ? I had my first degree in History in 1997 and Masters subsequently. Like I said earlier, History and Archeology are bed fellows. But to you, you thought carbon dating was tought exclusively in secondary school. Not what you think my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About / Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) / South Carolina: Huge Alligator Chews On Six Foot Alligator (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.