Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Diary Of An NYSC PCM - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Diary Of An NYSC PCM (1828 Views)

Nysc PCM Batch C October Whatsapp Group / 2018 Nysc PCM Waiting To Serve In Lagos Come In / 16 Pictures You Can Relate To If You Had An NYSC Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2018
Out of boredom of seeing more than 3 sets go for service I guess am now set to start up my dairy post am confident it will go a long way to helping someone who will find his or herself in my shoe!
Being an NYSC pcm is not easy esp when its so close to going for the orientation camp!
Welcome as I thrill you expect any thing though

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
OK I guess lots of PCM's will be strolling in to find out what's really in the dairy of a fellow PCM well I ll like you all to also share your experience! What has life been like for you since your graduated from the university and awaiting service?
For me I can't totaly say life as a PCM has been all good or all bad
You see being a PCM in Nigeria depends on what side of the spectrum you belong to?
To you belong to the side of no good job because you don't have your NYSC discharge certificate yet or you belong to the side of having jamb regularization issues??
The both sides are not easy any how you see it
Next time I stroll in here I ll share my experience and the side I belong to

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
OK I did promise I was going to share what side of the spectrum of being an NYSC PCM I belong to. Well before I do that let me share a little bit about myself .i graduated from chemistry university of calabar Jan 2017 initially when I graduated going for service immediately never tripped me(some of us are like that) the rush the hype etc never tripped me so most of the things my coursemates where doing like getting cleared, being regularised etc I never bothered all I wanted was one full year for myself.I needed to first work get paid get experience in my field etc.
So happily I watched the first batch of the year leaving, i caredless
Before I forget my decision to stay and not to go immediately or with any of the batch my mates left was also born out of a girl I met in my final year in school ...
This is where the gist begins....�
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
I don park my bus here.
Ur experience will definitely help a whole lot of people.
Kudos
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
So I met this certain girl during my final year in the university and I must confess she was one of the best things that happened to me although as at the time I met her I was really really on good cash,cash that helped us to see everyday constantly for over 5months
You know one thing have come to learn about women is that if you have money everything works out smoothly with them but as soon as the money disappear only few can stay with you.
Talking about money disappearing that is the first sign you ll know when you become a graduate, the little money you used to have as a student all of a sudden will start disappearing
So I had to kickstart my being a graduate on a very broke mood
Every day I kept scampering the town looking for a job
Least I forget this very girl I was dating was into modeling unfortunately she won a major pageant and needed a project manager since I was jobless I opted to be her PM dat was were the mistake started.....
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
"Alex why are you not leaving with Batch A"
Said Chris my colleague and friend
"guy I can't leave ''
Why?
Am managing a project for that my babe if everything works out smoothly am sure of 10% of the total cost 10M ?!?!
"OK o for me it's better I just go and know in 1 year I ll be done with all this said Chris
Now my dear friend reading this
Let me advice you before I continue if you know your not 30 yet don't place anything aside your service, yes you might be working but u never can tell what lies ahead of you after your service
Back to where I stop
So spent few months running around trying to make something of the project but guess what friends when the money came lol the love ended..
Suddenly she changed long story cut short I didt make a dine out of the project at this point batch B had already started mobilization...
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alaadin(m): 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
guy is ur main starting with the letter B ?
cause i think i know u.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oh gosh ! The long terrifying wait to see my name online has led to me forgetting I have a dairy I need to keep up with
You see if they is one lesson I have learnt so far as a PCM is how to WAIT
I have learnt how to be patient about a lot of things
Sometimes as young people we just want everything to happen so fast so fast at our own pace but at our expense and detriment
I feel sometimes we should learn how to wait we might not get what we want at the time we want it but if we wait patiently eventually we will have it
Finally after months, weeks,days ,hours, minutes, seconds of waiting to see my name uploaded on NYSC senate approved list I have finally seen it just 1hr to kick off of registration!!
Everything happens for a reason so learn to wait!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
Finally have registered despite not having the states I wish for but am hopeful
Nasarawa
Kaduna
Anambra
Delta
Am ready for any where destiny and God takes me to
Sometimes we should learn to give up our plans for God's plans to work in our lives.
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2018
A LETTER TO PCM'S.....Batch C

Dear pcm's
Each time I stroll in here or see a notification pop up from this group with "Please when is this(Put the batch/Stream) going to camp? Or what and what do I need for NYSC orientation camp or which state pays the highest(after I believe you might have seen the timetable or read the same thing over and over again)I just know it is one PCM somewhere who is so worried and anxious about NYSC!
So today I have decided to write to each and everyone of you.
Of the truth being a PCM in Nigeria is really not easy although depending on which side of the spectrum you belong
Generally they are 3 types of pcms
1 Pcm's that are lucky enough to be working and are just waiting to receive callup letter to resign or go to camp and redeploy back to their place of work
This PCM's don't have issues,they are not hysterical about the whole service thing,they rarely ask reasked questions
2 Pcm's who just graduated and are not working and are seeing NYSC as the next available route to fight boredom
You see this Pcm's have the most problems, they ll keep on asking the same questions on all NYSC handles "when is batch dis or dat going to camp "even after they have seen the timetable their impatience won't let them relax
3 Pcm's that have jamb regularization issues
You see this Pcm's are quite funny instead of going to the nearest jamb CBT center to direct their questions they ll come to facebook and ask questions as though Mark Zuckerberg works with jamb (No doubt one can get wise counsel from facebook).
Generally it doesnt matter the side of the spectrum you belong to as a PCM being a PCM has both it's frustrating moments and exciting moments esp when it's a week to camp!
But how many PCM's have really sat back to ask themselves some questions as regards to what they want out of NYSC?
Brother/sister you see this camp your body is itching for you ll go to camp and come back and Nigerian flag will still be green white green! This 3weeks, 1year that is looking like forever you ll go and com back but the question is how prepared are you for a life beyond that 3 weeks?
Relax,take some time out, pick up a pen and notepad ask yourself this
5 QUESTIONS EVERY PCM MUST ASK HIS/HERSELF BEFORE GOING FOR CAMP!

1 WHAT ARE MY GOALS FOR NYSC
A wiseman once said if you don't have direction any road will look like a road! What are your goals for NYSC? What do you want to be remembered for in your PPA!!? The best time to answer that question is now that your still a pcm

2 WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GROW OR CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE?
I believe being a PCM alone has changed some things in your life..if learnt to be patient etc? Likewise this next one year as a Corper

3 WHAT CAREER PATH/SKILLS WILL I UNDERTAKE!?
See everything will be happening so fast! Gbam! U get ur callup letter Gbam!you go for camp! Gbam you finish camp! Gbam! You get posted next thing u know its POP!Now is the time for you to choose the skill and short courses you ll want to engage in this next 1year

4 YOUR FINANCES
how do you intend working on your finances? They will be no mummy to help you plan your meal budget!while we all await the 49800 I guess we have seen how allawee delays to come recently? Start now to plan? Will you enter into contribution with your fellow Corp members?if yes how much will say be?

5 HOW DO YOU INTEND WORKING ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP
from the time you become a pcm to your pop you ll meet different kinds of people how do you intend working on your relationships with this people?
Most esp God or Allah!
Most Corp members go for service and push God aside,most Muslim faithfuls turn Friday to clubday!abandoning jumat prayers most Christians sisters get intoxicated with this new freedom don't forget friends service is only for a year!
I wish you all including myself writing this best of luck as we await our callup letters and obey the clarion call.
Please if your already serving and you have anything to add don't fail to add
Share till it gets to that PCM this is intended for
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 7:55am On Oct 11, 2018
Finally today I hand over my resignation letter. Am feeling some how about it. I pray this time my posting comes out unlike last that I resigned and didt receive callup letter!!
Being a PCM you must calculate each step you take esp on few days to camp. Last time after all my preparation,even resigning from my job I didt receive callup letter for batch B stream 1&2 because of a silly mistake
So now am simply being cautious of every step I take.
Goodmorning

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2018
"can we all rise as we streach forth our hands towards our dear teacher who is about to live us for his NYSC service year"
At this point I became so emotional!
Yesterday evening I bided farewell to the students of the evening school I have been teaching for free!
You see one thing I have also learnt been a PCM is that we should use the year you stay been a busy to volunteer your services for the greater good tomorrow!!
During the past few months I have Been teaching students in a near by evening school for free!!

Yesterday seeing the smiles on the faces of this students almost brought tears to my eyes.
If your a PCM reading this I want to encourage you to don't just seat at home waiting for when you ll go for service go out there find something to do volunteer your services learn a skill etc!!

Tomorrow I await my callup letter finally after all the waiting!
Well am confident God will direct my steps to the right place
Meanwhile let me return to the 3day fasting have embarked on.
Pray for me too to get a good place
I know God never fails His own.
He ll never fail you!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Alaadin:
guy is ur main starting with the letter B ?
cause i think i know u.
No
Letter O
Re: Diary Of An NYSC PCM by Alexiz101(m): 6:25am On Oct 20, 2018
"guy please check let me know my fate "
Those where the words I used in high expectations of where NYSC will throw me to

Guess what I got my first choice state Nasarawa!!!
Although I must confess I really don't know what to expect in Nasarawa but am open minded towards it

Heard a lot about the state I guess its where I really wanted s safe place in the north wer people from South, east and west converge !!!!
Can't wait to resume camp!!!

(1) (Reply)

With Just A Minimum Of #1000, You Can Change Your Life / Accommodation For Female NYSC Corpers And Students In ENUGU / How Many Batches Will Nysc Have This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.