Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (55355 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by queensk(f): 5:35am On Sep 30, 2018
Thanks a lot for creating this thread mama

AlphaHandMaiden:
Hello lovelies, just a page to capture all the lovely weaning baby recipes we have shared over time.

Please Share pictures and tips, new recipes or quote old recipes you may have saved here.

Let's help each other especially new moms as the question of what to feed a 6month baby keeps coming up

Enjoy!
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by lessonslearned: 6:12am On Sep 30, 2018
fabfaith:
This thread is handy and timely. Thanks op
Can I give my 5mnths old baby pureed /mashed potatoes and other? We just started taking pap

Yes u can
Some people start as early as 4momths but u can add little water or breast milk so the consistency will be very light to be easy for ur LO
Remember to remove all lumps to avoid choking
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
wowdiva:
This is very timely! Thanks for taking the initiative...
The mashed potatoes, can I add breast milk, as oppose to for formula? What consistency should the potatoes be? Very watery? What amount of milk should I add to the potato puree?

The mashed potatoes, can I add breast milk, as oppose to for formula?
Yes you can add milk.

What consistency should the potatoes be? Very watery?
Not very water and not very thick, just inbetween.

What amount of milk should I add to the potato puree?
The amount you think is ok.

A typical example below.. Though that is with carrot and egg York.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thanks so much for this initiative
For papaya puree, do I steam 1st?
Or I can just blend or mesh straight away
And again, what's the best way of preserving baby's puree? Can I freeze?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by fabfaith: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
[Thanks for the response
quote author=lessonslearned post=71648687]

Yes u can
Some people start as early as 4momths but u can add little water or breast milk so the consistency will be very light to be easy for ur LO
Remember to remove all lumps to avoid choking[/quote]
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by JGracious: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
goodhairdiary:
Thanks so much for this initiative
For papaya puree, do I steam 1st?
Or I can just blend or mesh straight away
And again, what's the best way of preserving baby's puree? Can I freeze?

This should help you.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/papayababyfoodrecipes.htm

and yes, you can freeze to preserve but be sure to label the containers with dates.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Roseey0(f): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
Following. Thank u for this initiative
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
JGracious:

This should help you.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/papayababyfoodrecipes.htm

and yes, you can freeze to preserve but be sure to label the containers with dates.

Thank you so much
Very helpful
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Liftedhands(f): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Following! Need ideas on what to pack for school lunch.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by enque(f): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
Liftedhands:

What's their feeding schedule at school like?
Have u tried any Cooked meal he likes?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by JGracious: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Liftedhands:

I use this presently as a guide. I swap the foods also depending on time and items available.

Make enquires about the number of times they eat at school so you don't over-pack. Usually, it's breakfast, snack, lunch and early dinner. We just moved to toddler class sha.

Sunshine is a big boy now so you may not need to pack much.

Cc: llyfavoured

6 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by DocAdray(f): 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Awesome thread! Very insightful. God bless you momma. @AlphaHandMaiden
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Liftedhands(f): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2018
enque:

What's their feeding schedule at school like?
Have u tried any Cooked meal he likes?
Feeding schedule I have not asked o! And yes I pack cooked food for him, I think my problem is variety or recipes.

I pack a lot also.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Liftedhands(f): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2018
JGracious:

I use this presently as a guide. I swap the foods also depending on time and items available.

Make enquires about the number of times they eat at school so you don't over-pack. Usually, it's breakfast, snack, lunch and early dinner. We just moved to toddler class sha.

Sunshine is a big boy now so you may not need to pack much.
This is nice. We do most of the meals listed except noodles, cereals, swallow.

Thanks for this.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2018
HolySteph:

Yes you can add milk.

I love this, how did you get this smooth paste, what's the recipe? Pls share other recipes.. Can I chat you on whatsapp pls?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Nimi22(f): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden thanks so much. This thread has pushed me up again. Just finished his carrot and green peas puree.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by kelizosuy(f): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Let me just jejely follow this thread grin grin
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
wowdiva:

I love this, how did you get this smooth paste, what's the recipe? Pls share other recipes.. Can I chat you on whatsapp pls?
Sure you can.

Other recripes: Beans, ripe plantain and fish
Steam to still retain their nutrients then blend with crayfish.

Broccoli, chicken and sweet potato. Do same.

Cook unripe plantain, with onions, crayfish and fish(mackerel or shiny) precisely, small ugu leaf/spinach(owo leaf as called in the local market) then add a half teaspoon of palm oil. When soft, you blend.
Don't use milk for this particular recipe to get the consistency you want. The water you used in cooking the meal should be enough to get it. Just don't let the water dry up.

i'll upload pictures whenn next I prepare these meals again.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
HolySteph:

Sure you can.

Cook unripe plantain, with onions, crayfish and fish(mackerel or shiny) precisely, small ugu leaf/spinach(owo leaf as called in the local market) then add a half teaspoon of palm oil. When soft, you blend.
Don't use milk for this particular recipe to get the consistency you want. The water you used in cooking the meal should be enough to get it. Just don't let the water dry up.

Thanks ma'am please your number

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
HolySteph:

Sure you can.

For some reason I can't access my email, here's my whatsapp https:////2347046211743
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
wowdiva:

For some reason I can't access my email, here's my whatsapp https:////2347046211743
Ok.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by gabby18: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nimi22:
AlphaHandMaiden thanks so much. This thread has pushed me up again.
Just finished his carrot and green peas puree.

This looks yummy! Did he take it? I'm thinking of making this for my LO as well
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Nimi22(f): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2018
gabby18:

This looks yummy! Did he take it? I'm thinking of making this for my LO as well

He took it but he took it better when I added formula. I think he prefers the taste with formula. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
Made beans, plantain and fish puree yesterday
Modified: pic didn't load angry
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
Broccoli, ripe plantain and fish

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
@wowdiva I didn't find you on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by claseek(f): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
HolySteph:

Yes you can add milk.

please u mean fresh egg yolk, or mashed boiled egg yolk?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2018
claseek:
please u mean fresh egg yolk, or mashed boiled egg yolk?

Definitely boiled egg yolk.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
Pls does who give green peas, what type do you use? Fresh or frozen? Getting fresh here is something else, can only see green beans which i don't even like sef.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by claseek(f): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
rvpbae:

Definitely boiled egg yolk.
thanks.. Cos of the colour that's why I asked if its fresh

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Ilyfavoured: 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
I do frozen

rvpbae:
Pls does who give green peas, what type do you use? Fresh or frozen? Getting fresh here is something else, can only see green beans which i don't even like sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Not Eat Snakes / Doctors In India Extract A Live Cockroach From Woman's Skull (pic, Video) / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.