Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (55582 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
claseek:
please u mean fresh egg yolk, or mashed boiled egg yolk?
Mashed boiled egg york ma.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Boiled baby rice, with broccoli, fish and sweet potato.

Note: I added sweet potato to the recipe to sweeten the meal.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Steamed apple and pear fruit then blended. This helps to relieve babies from constipation and also to build their immune system.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 7:59am On Oct 12, 2018
HolySteph:

This looks good
What type of rice did you use and is there another veg option I can use cause broccoli is not easily accessible here
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2018
goodhairdiary:

This looks good
What type of rice did you use and is there another veg option I can use cause broccoli is not easily accessible here
I used the long grain rice, but you can use brown rice if you have.
You can ugu leaf or spinach.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 8:10am On Oct 12, 2018
HolySteph:

I used the long grain rice, but you can use brown rice if you have.
You can ugu leaf or spinach.

Okay thanks
Will give it a try
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2018
HolySteph:

please ma,Is there a particular rice for babies?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
Oliran:

please ma,Is there a particular rice for babies?
No ma..
What I meant about baby rice is rice boiled to porridge form. Like very soft that when blended, there won't be any trace of lumps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
HolySteph:

No ma..
What I meant about baby rice is rice boiled to porridge form. Like very soft that when blended, there won't be any trace of lumps.
Thank you for the response ma.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
Avocado, egg York and carrots.

Dont mind the texture. The meal is very light and best for dinner.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
HolySteph:
Avocado, egg York and carrots.

Dont mind the texture. The meal is very light and best for dinner.

Looks good
Love the colour
Did you remove the carrot shaft?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
goodhairdiary:

Looks good
Love the colour
Did you remove the carrot shaft?
The shaft, you mean the back of the carrot? Yes it was peeled off. Then I steamed and blended.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 12:19am On Oct 13, 2018
HolySteph:

The shaft, you mean the back of the carrot? Yes it was peeled off. Then I steamed and blended.

Not really
Don't know how to explain
Guess it was finely blended
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
Pear fruit, carrot and sweet potato.
Same way.. steam till fork can run through then blend. To get the consistency, use Breast milk, formula or the water from the steam.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
HolySteph:
@wowdiva I didn't find you on whatsapp
That's strange. That's my Whatsapp line. Can I have yours? Or click on the link again. Thanks ma'am
Let's chat on Whatsapp https:////2347046211743
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
goodhairdiary:

Not really
Don't know how to explain
Guess it was finely blended

You dont need to.

If you boil or steam it soft enough the shaft will be soft enough to blend smooth.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

You dont need to.

If you boil or steam it soft enough the shaft will be soft enough to blend smooth.

Okay, I get
Thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
HolySteph:

Do you use your normal blender to make these purees? Or you got a seperate one?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 11:59am On Oct 17, 2018
rvpbae:

Do you use your normal blender to make these purees? Or you got a seperate one?
I use my normal blender for it.

I know what you're thinking... I use hot water before and after use to clean it up.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
Apple, sweet potato and avocado.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by rvpbae: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
HolySteph:

I use my normal blender for it.

I know what you're thinking... I use hot water before and after use to clean it up.

Lol, my dear, i'm not thinking anything o. I've not been making purees cos i was scared of using my own blender as I cant get a new one now.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2018
Baby boiled beans and ripe plantain with onions, crayfish and palm oil.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
nice!!!

HolySteph:
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2018
HolySteph:
Please ma'am, do you freeze these purees or you just make little that you want to give your LO?
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2018
Oliran:

Please ma'am, do you freeze these purees or you just make little that you want to give your LO?
I put in the fridge and consume within 48hrs.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Oliran(f): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2018
HolySteph:
I put in the fridge and consume within 48hrs.
Oh OK ma, thank you.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
Pap/ogi with dates and banana to sweeten it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by goodhairdiary: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2018
Please I need recommendations on a good brand of yoghurt and butter to get for Ds... thanks
Cc. Everyone
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:43am On Nov 09, 2018
goodhairdiary:
Please I need recommendations on a good brand of yoghurt and butter to get for Ds... thanks
Cc. Everyone
Pls share with me when you get answers. Although I know gerber baby yoghurt is very nutritious. I havnt tried it, couldn't buy cus it was way too expensive. I hope to get someday but if you get other recommendations pls share with me. Thanks
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2018
Sweet potato, egg York, carrot and avocado

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:46am On Nov 09, 2018
Cow beef, Apple, carrot and potato puree

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:47am On Nov 09, 2018
Boiled baby beans, plantain, potato, crayfish, onions, palmoil and ugu leaf puree.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Imam Ejibunu Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Kogi - Family Says. Melaye Reacts / Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.