Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) (55613 Views)

Weaning Our Baby / Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
Goldenheart002:
Carrot + sweet peas + apple
I steamed together then blend

This is nice.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
Meeeeey:
Weldone mamas for the thread and food ideas. Let me share some recepies I give nu son. Started giving at 6 months

1) ripe plaintain, deboned Titus fish and carrot.
I cook everything, add blended crayfish n red oil while cooking, and blend when done

You can also try this with sweet potatoes or Irish

2) Irish potatoes and boiled egg.
Cook d potatoes n egg separately, blend together. I started blending only d egg yoke den from 7 months added egg white

3)yam porridge 8 months
Cook yam, add crayfish, fish, red oil n tiny sliced ugwu n allow to be very soft. I added little water at a time so d water won't be too much. Boil till yam can be mashed with ur fingers.

Sweet potatoes can also be used for yam

4) semo n okro soup or draw soup.
Make d semi soft. Sometimes I leave for air to touch abit before wrapping in nylon.

5) carrot n Apple, boil n blend

6)Avocado puree

7) banana n apple

coolorange juice

9) Ojojo (made from wateryam) grate d water yam, add crayfish, little salt(optional), take in bits n fry in veg oil

10) moi moi (without pepper)

11) rice n beans
Remove back of beans, parboil, add to rice.
Boil rice n beans, add crayfish, fish. Boil till very very soft
Well done ma. I've not tried some of these combos before. I'll love to. Thanks for these tips

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
Boiled egg with the white, carrots, sweet potatoes and cabbage.

You can do cabbage and Apple

Cabbage and carrots.

Note: Too much cabbage could result to gaseous system for your baby. So less is best.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Meeeeey: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2019
HolySteph:

Well done ma. I've not tried some of these combos before. I'll love to. Thanks for these tips

You are welcome
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Goldenheart002(f): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
HolySteph:

This is nice.

Thanks mama
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2019
Hello mama, did you eventually try this? How did it go?

wowdiva:

Honestly, you just described my DS I had to resort to force feeding when he wasn't gaining weight. Sometimes I wish I didn't do exclusive... I will be trying August secret next.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
Chirolechick:
Hello mama, did you eventually try this? How did it go?

I did though, he still refuses to eat. we are still Force feeding. You could try them
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2019
So I tried them today and voila, my picky eater couldn’t stop eating o, hope this lasts

wowdiva:

I did though, he still refuses to eat. we are still Force feeding. You could try them

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2019
Chirolechick:
So I tried them today and voila, my picky eater couldn’t stop eating o, hope this lasts

Are you for real! Chai... My boy refused oo. Which did you buy? I got veggies beans and nutty meal
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by DaddyELEPHANT: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
HolySteph:
Boiled egg with the white, carrots, sweet potatoes and cabbage.

You can do cabbage and Apple

Cabbage and carrots.

Note: Too much cabbage could result to gaseous system for your baby. So less is best.
I been looking for this kind of thread all over. My wife will soon give me a Bouncing baby...

5 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by enque(f): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2019
wowdiva:

Are you for real! Chai... My boy refused oo. Which did you buy? I got veggies beans and nutty meal

From experience, i think Nuttymeal and mixagrain is always a hit.
My dd never took veggie beans at all.

I jejely used it t fry akara for myself n i never bought it again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2019
Out of frustration and vexation from her picky eating, I got all the products lol, veggie, nutty meal, mixagrain, fish and crayfish powder, but I started with the nuttymeal , I made it exactly the way they wrote on the pack, I added olive oil, crayfish powder and cooked. She only ate half the first time as per first time food, but subsequently she licked the plate, no quarrel no fight, I’m in shock. On Friday I took her to the hospital to complain o cos she was loosing weight, so the doctor prescribed mim iron supplement, my girl that would ordinarily not eat until after 4 to 5 hrs has been eating every 2 hrs, she even screams when I delay the food, as I’m typing, the first tin is almost finished,

I’m even worried I may be abusing the food, she hasn’t had any other thing except the nutty meal all day, so I think it’s a combination of the food and the appetite booster they gave us.

And I’ve been wasting money buying well baby and reload that didn’t do shit for me, meanwhile #300 mim is doing magic, I hope we have really conquered o

wowdiva:

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2019
I pray we sustain this new phase, cos feeding her is so exasperating, does it help in weight gain cos I realllly need her to add flesh

enque:

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
DaddyELEPHANT:
I been looking for this kind of thread all over. My wife will soon give me a Bouncing baby...
You're highly welcomed. Come on board sir. I wish her safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 5:22am On Feb 25, 2019
Chirolechick:
Out of frustration and vexation from her picky eating, I got all the products lol, veggie, nutty meal, mixagrain, fish and crayfish powder, but I started with the nuttymeal , I made it exactly the way they wrote on the pack, I added olive oil, crayfish powder and cooked. She only ate half the first time as per first time food, but subsequently she licked the plate, no quarrel no fight, I’m in shock. On Friday I took her to the hospital to complain o cos she was loosing weight, so the doctor prescribed mim iron supplement, my girl that would ordinarily not eat until after 4 to 5 hrs has been eating every 2 hrs, she even screams when I delay the food, as I’m typing, the first tin is almost finished,

I’m even worried I may be abusing the food, she hasn’t had any other thing except the nutty meal all day, so I think it’s a combination of the food and the appetite booster they gave us.

And I’ve been wasting money buying well baby and reload that didn’t do shit for me, meanwhile #300 mim is doing magic, I hope we have really conquered o

Lol @ out of vexation... She only had nuttymeal and veggies beans when I ordered, I will try again though. I got it in December, used it twice don't know if it's safe to use again. I am glad for you, no more trouble eating. I had to join a baby recipe class on Whatsapp. All ingredients are natural food. I haven't tried the recipes though but they look very promising.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by wowdiva: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2019
enque:

Lol! Maybe I should just do that, to think I have been craving moimoi
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by HolySteph(f): 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
Okra soup with semo. I started this for him at 13th month. I blended the Okra with little crayfish and cooked with little palm oil, deboned titus fish and salt.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Awesomemama: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
Chirolechick:
mim iron supplement

Mama, is this the complete name of the drug?
How has it been so far with it so far
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
It has been good o, I’m praying this is sustained because I heard when their bodies adjust to the drugs then it stops being effective, I hope this is not my case cos I’m enjoying this her food crave, even her food bag that usually comes back unfinished has been coming back cleaned, they left a note for me last week to increase her food cos they ran out of food, the only thing is the use of diapers increased with the food, she now poos twice a day and pees very frequently.

This is the pic but mine is a round bottle

Awesomemama:

Mama, is this the complete name of the drug?
How has it been so far with it so far

1 Share

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Awesomemama: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Chirolechick:
It has been good o, I’m praying this is sustained because I heard when their bodies adjust to the drugs then it stops being effective, I hope this is not my case cos I’m enjoying this her food crave, even her food bag that usually comes back unfinished has been coming back cleaned, they left a note for me last week to increase her food cos they ran out of food, the only thing is the use of diapers increased with the food, she now poos twice a day and pees very frequently.

Thats really nice, can only imagine how happy you are
I'll give it a try soon and hopefully I'll share my success story too grin
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Awesomemama: 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
wowdiva:

Lol @ out of vexation... She only had nuttymeal and veggies beans when I ordered, I will try again though. I got it in December, used it twice don't know if it's safe to use again. I am glad for you, no more trouble eating. I had to join a baby recipe class on Whatsapp. All ingredients are natural food. I haven't tried the recipes though but they look very promising.

Please do well to share with us when you try them
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
It will by God’s grace

Awesomemama:

Thats really nice, can only imagine how happy you are
I'll give it a try soon and hopefully I'll share my success story too grin

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Amarisa(f): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mamas pls which butter can i add to my baby's food?
Cc AlphaHandMaiden
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2019
Amarisa:
Mamas pls which butter can i add to my baby's food?

Cc AlphaHandMaiden

Personally i will say use good quality proper butter if you can, or a spreadable that is a mix of butter and a plant based natural oil. I am a bit partial to Lurpak, but you can use others like flora, Kerry gold or summer county ( at least i think that is the name). i am sure other mothers will contribute to the list.

Please avoid margarine. if that is your only option it is preferable to simply just use a bit of olive oil or sunflower oil.
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Amarisa(f): 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
AlphaHandMaiden:

Personally i will say use good quality proper butter if you can, or a spreadable that is a mix of butter and a plant based natural oil. I am a bit partial to Lurpak, but you can use others like flora, Kerry gold or summer county ( at least i think that is the name). i am sure other mothers will contribute to the list.

Please avoid margarine. if that is your only option it is preferable to simply just use a bit of olive oil or sunflower oil.
Thank You Ma....I'm grateful.. I will check for the ones you mentioned...
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Roseey0(f): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Mim worked for us too. I don't know why I abandoned it . Let me go and continue.
My babe now feels hungry atleast. But I haven't seen any baby food that really interest her.
Only adult food. Don't even think of blending it. Just give her like that.

We will get there
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Awesomemama: 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
Roseey0:
Mim worked for us too. I don't know why I abandoned it . Let me go and continue.
My babe now feels hungry atleast. But I haven't seen any baby food that really interest her.
Only adult food. Don't even think of blending it. Just give her like that.

We will get there

You're lucky she doesn't like blended food
Mine is 14m and still prefers it, can be tiring sometimes
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Aitee1: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
Okay time to register here my DD of 5months plus is already dragging spoon and plate with me.

Dear exclusive have tried my best to be loyal for five good months plus I wanted to complete oh but this foodie of a baby can't wait see you next journey.

1 Like

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by talltosyne: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
Next online training starting soon, kindly reach out to me on WhatsApp if u are interested
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by pateffy: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Chirolechick:

Please ma how old was ur baby when you started the mim

Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by Chirolechick: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hey mama, she was 9months

[quote author=pateffy post=77767178][/quote]
Re: Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) by pateffy: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Chirolechick:
Hey mama, she was 9months

OK Thanks mummy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin / Top Ten Hospitals In Nigeria - Webometrics Ranking / COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.