Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter (8626 Views)

Do You Know Who Has Vento Or Golf 3 For Sale Engine 1.6- 1.8 / How I Drove From Lagos To Calabar With 2liter Fuel Using Basic Chemistry / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Why are Kia/Hyundai engines so expensive?

Matter of demand , supply, global availability of KIA/Hyundai products /spares and of course the Nigerian market space that amazingly defies market forces
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

not all, just the ones not in the American market. The average American loves power, you will not see them riding in a mid size sedan with a 1.2liter engine

5 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

not all, just the ones not in the American market. The average American loves power, you will not see them riding in a mid size sedan with a 1.2liter engine

grin

Our uncle in the US can put a V8 Hemi in a keke napep cheesy
if you know u know wink

GAZZUZZ:

Explains why the american engine variants are cheaper. Most imports to Nigeria are from there.

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2018
Inception:

grin

Our uncle in the US can put a V8 Hemi in a keke napep cheesy
if you know u know wink

Explains why the american engine variants are cheaper. Most imports to Nigeria are from there.

That our Uncle de eye nissan micra for him new experiment grin

3 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That makes sense, I suppose.

Inception:

Matter of demand , supply, global availability of KIA/Hyundai products /spares and of course the Nigerian market space that amazingly defies market forces
Thanks.
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by radautoworks: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
Inception:

Not in a bad way. I mean I understand your shock.

1 Like

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter

Vehicle Came in with the following symptoms .

* A mild rattle

* Mild Bluish white smoke.

* Misfire

* Unstable Idle.

* Hard start.

Service History. Owner services religiously with full synthetic 5w30 oils at 7,000km intervals.

Engine has Had no issues for over 2years. Engine is still stock.

Uses tap water instead of coolant.

Test conducted Checks.

Compression test over all cylinders shows lower than expected compression on Cylinder 2 and 4.

Spark plugs darker in cylinders 2 and 4.

Problem happened when owners driver took car out for a long inter state Drive and claimed "vehicle just lost power on its own"

Fuel injectors where cleaned by a road side mechanic and vehicle has been rattling and smoking ever since.

Oil Drained and no metal particles at the base.

Sadly we don't Believe that story.

Tearing Down the engine to see why there's smoke and rattling.

grab your popcorn

Boss, the popcorn don finish o..
still waiting for the update.
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
Inception:

Boss, the popcorn don finish o..
still waiting for the update.

I have been rubbing minds with a new machine shop I discovered we will continue and finish this story in a few days the engine will be rebuilt.

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Arysexy(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
If u dismantle my car like this in the name of working engine, I will fight you. The car will not remain the same again after coupling. Some bolts and nuts will miss, the bumper will not lap well as it used to.

Took my car to a mechworkshop for change of timing belt, the dude loose everything loosable at the end, some bolts and nuts were left after he coupled the engine. I was furious and mad with him.

1 Like

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Arysexy:
If u dismantle my car like this in the name of working engine, I will fight you. The car will not remain the same again after coupling. Some bolts and nuts will miss, the bumper will not lap well as it used to.

Took my car to a mechworkshop for change of timing belt, the dude loose everything loosable at the end, some bolts and nuts were left after he coupled the engine. I was furious and mad with him.

Oga you have a much simpler way of taking down this engine? Please share so we can learn.

Everything will be put back together better than it came, issawaworko!

9 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Arysexy(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Oga you have a much simpler way of taking down this engine? Please share so we can learn.

I trust you boss.
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by thebigkendo(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I have been rubbing minds with a new machine shop I discovered we will continue and finish this story in a few days the engine will be rebuilt.

grin grin scoreline is going to be 400: 3

Cc Inception

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by seunoj: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
Respect

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by OgaKazeem(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

BOSS... you no dey ever fall ahnd. abeg if u need me to come comot the gear and steering i dey here ooo

1 Like

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 8:38am On Oct 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

shocked

Radautoworks right now:

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by thebigkendo(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2018
Inception:

shocked

Radautoworks right now:

For any engine that cost over 400k.. Rebuild is the way if possible

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

I concur..
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by dru23(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

We can agree to disagree.. What we need to be pushing here is how to prevent rebuild... if we do the rite maintenance on our cars ,than the engine will last longer and we won't have to talk about rebuilt.. Even if the car is well taken care of , the car should be sold before it gets to that point.. Everything has an expire date now...
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by thebigkendo(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

We can agree to disagree.. What we need to be pushing here is how to prevent rebuild... if we do the rite maintenance on our cars ,than the engine will last longer and we won't have to talk about rebuilt.. Even if the car is well taken care of , the car should be sold before it gets to that point.. Everything has an expire date now...

Oga Oil seller.. Engines cannot last forever..
Not every engine problem is related to not using American spec mobil 1 grin grin or using water as coolant

Sold to who sir?
The buyer of the sold expired car.. What will the person do with it? Won't he/she rebuild or replace the engine? So what is your point sir

Or do you mean motor should be scraped? Will you take your car to the junkyard & distroy it after it hits "expire date"

Even with meticulous car maintenance.. Engine can still give way, it is made up of moving parts

6 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by dru23(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga Oil seller.. Engines cannot last forever..
Not every engine problem is related to not using American spec mobil 1 grin grin or using water as coolant

Sold to who sir?
The buyer of the sold expired car.. What will the person do with it? Won't he/she rebuild or replace the engine? So what is your point sir

Or do you mean motor should be scraped? Will you take your car to the junkyard & distroy it after it hits "expire date"

Even with meticulous car maintenance.. Engine can still give way, it is made up of moving parts
Well I do apologise to a certain point.. Am using the American thinking on the Nigerian way ..which is very wrong..well off to my point, most cars build in USA usually have a life span ,let's say 10 years the most ..and those cars are now either been sold or exported to different countries.. And the reasons are too many, but one thing for sure, those cars are more or less expire and they have reached their limit... now with a little bit more care and good maintenance those cars can likely last another three years in Nigeria.. Keep in mind that there is wear and tear on the cars ,the body or metal on those cars are not as strong as before or strong as 50 years ago ..metals are getting expensive.. And most metals been made for new cars are recycled metals ..those are not even that strong... so safety should be put into consideration. But if u want to continue to rebuild by all means please do ..but for me personally if it comes to that stage an engine needs to be rebuilt, maybe it's time to sell the car to another sucker.. That is my take on it
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by thebigkendo(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

Well I do apologise to a certain point.. Am using the American thinking on the Nigerian way ..which is very wrong..well off to my point, most cars build in USA usually have a life span ,let's say 10 years the most ..and those cars are now either been sold or exported to different countries.. And the reasons are too many, but one thing for sure, those cars are more or less expire and they have reached their limit... now with a little bit more care and good maintenance those cars can likely last another three years in Nigeria.. Keep in mind that there is wear and tear on the cars ,the body or metal on those cars are not as strong as before or strong as 50 years ago ..metals are getting expensive.. And most metals been made for new cars are recycled metals ..those are not even that strong... so safety should be put into consideration.

grin grin grin
you don't know what you are saying sir
Please just go back to Uber thread

5 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by dru23(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin
you don't know what you are saying sir
Please just go back to Uber thread

Ok sir, continue to rebuild sir ....
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by dru23(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

We have to separate two things ..USA kia/ elantra engines or does made specifically for Nigeria market or climate... I have a lot of Hyundai cars on my fleet USA spec. Those engines are not expensive compare to say camry that are like 240k .. From experience I never had to buy new engines for those Hyundai, very strong engine.. Am very impressed by those engines. But I was told that the American spec engine are like 150k to 200k around those figures...
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by radautoworks: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
Inception:

shocked

Radautoworks right now:

NO. YOU MUST REPLACE. Wetin you want make we dey do if gazzuzz wan begin to rebuild lol
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by radautoworks: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

4 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by radautoworks: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

Well I do apologise to a certain point.. Am using the American thinking on the Nigerian way ..which is very wrong..well off to my point, most cars build in USA usually have a life span ,let's say 10 years the most ..and those cars are now either been sold or exported to different countries.. And the reasons are too many, but one thing for sure, those cars are more or less expire and they have reached their limit...

Please stop spreading misinformation. This is FALSE.

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
radautoworks:

NO. YOU MUST REPLACE. Wetin you want make we dey do if gazzuzz wan begin to rebuild lol

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I thought you were sourcing for a half engine undecided
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
radautoworks:

Pretty much my reaction every time I see that guy's comment.

2 Likes

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
Inception:

I thought you were sourcing for a half engine undecided

I was, I found, but I'm in a good mood.
Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by Inception(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I was, I found, but I'm in a good mood.
grin

owner of vehicle right now:

1 Like

Re: Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=radautoworks post=71808085][/quote]

aunty the guy is from the states oh.... haba
let's give him a chance ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs / Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey And Nissan Quest. / Brand New Car Batteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.