Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) (84707 Views)

NAF Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by gidjah(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
They were so disturbing us all over FCT that we thought there was war looming from Osun state. My kids couldn't concentrate on their books at all! The noise from the polluting fighter plane was even more horrible than the accident its self.Haba how could a jet make so much noise in this modern era? The entire FCT were not comfortable seeing those jets on air

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by madgoat(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by DavidEsq(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
shakmati:

He had all it takes. I heard he was trained in the US.
U heard. Not that u read it in his profile. Why are u sounding lifeless na
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
donkilidon:
such a handsome pilot....rest in peace hero

i do not know why the federal govt of Nigeria is still keeping old flying coffins and calling them aircraft.
all they do is embezzle the money and invest it in some other country....
very sad indeed
Unfortunately, we already have a fixed opinion that everything about us is bad. The aircrafts that crashed today were not old aircrafts. F7s are new jets not old planes. I knew when the F7s were brought to Nigeria and I know the first officer in Nigeria to fly the F7s. The officer is still in service. He is now an Air Vice Marshal. Not all plane crashes are attributable to old age. While I agree that new aircrafts are better that old ones, an aircraft can crash the very first day it is rolled out of the factory. May the Almighty just protect us from mishaps.

4 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
You ejected from a fighter jet and still died. How can a fighter pilot not know how to sucessfully execute an ejection propulsion ...

Nigerian military no be military at all.

The force of ejection may have rendered him unconscious. Ejections can be very traumatic to the body. Pilots have been known to become shorter due to it. They generally don't allow pilots operate fighter jets after they've had to eject more than once.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by DavidEsq(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:
I’m trying to understand, he ejected and died as a result of complications from the impact of his hitting the ground. Is it the his parachute did not deploy or he wasn’t flying with any? Some deaths are avoidable, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. God bless Nigeria
I think he wasn't flying with any.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ernieboy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
FemiMaduka:

Ejections are not always safe (especially at high Mach speeds). A lot of things could have happened ranging from the chutes failing to deploy, a pilot slamming his head against parts of the canopy structure upon exit, or a broken spine as a result of high G-forces acting against the body upon ejection - an awkward seating posture could lead to this, etc.

All these contribute to why ejections are last resort procedure.
being a practice drill the speed of the plane should not even be up to a Mach, so most likely there was a problem with the p'chute, but nice explanation btw.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
jiorhemen:

Unfortunately, we already have a fixed opinion that everything about us is bad. The aircrafts that crashed today were not old aircrafts. F7s are new jets not old planes. I knew when the F7s were brought to Nigeria and I know the first officer in Nigeria to fly the F7s. The officer is still in service. He is now an Air Vice Marshal. Not all plane crashes are attributable to old age. While I agree that new aircrafts are better that old ones, an aircraft can crash the very first day it is rolled out of the factory. May the Almighty just protect us from mishaps.

I was at the ceremony of these Jets induction in makurdi. Nigeria bought 12 of them. We are left with less than 5 now due to crashes. Yes we bought them new. As five of them were taxiing for takeoff in the ceremony, the canopy of one of these Jets came off entirely. Imagine if that had happened in flight? That pilot would have been a dead man.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

I think he wasn't flying with any.
Big mistake then
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
You ejected from a fighter jet and still died. How can a fighter pilot not know how to sucessfully execute an ejection propulsion ...

Nigerian military no be military at all.

Please, stop running your mouth. He ejected successfully, but unfortunately, the parachute did not deploy. It is one thing for your ejection seat to eject, it is another thing for the chute to deploy in order to bring about a controlled landing. If your ejection seat ejects successfully but your chute does not deploy, you would be subjected to the force of gravity. It's as good as a man jumping down from the world trade centre without a chute. The next thing is to plunge to death

2 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Hallenjay: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:
I’m trying to understand, he ejected and died as a result of complications from the impact of his hitting the ground. Is it the his parachute did not deploy or he wasn’t flying with any? Some deaths are avoidable, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. God bless Nigeria
his seat already caught fire bfor ejection so d fire continues through d height of d seat den affecting d parachute to b fully controlled by d pilot

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
gidjah:
They were so disturbing us all over FCT that we thought there was war looming from Osun state. My kids couldn't concentrate on their books at all! The noise from the polluting fighter plane was even more horrible than the accident its self.Haba how could a jet make so much noise in this modern era? The entire FCT were not comfortable seeing those jets on air

You think an f7 is loud? Then you don't want to be anywhere near an f15 or even a b2 spirit bomber.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by SocialJustice: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
How does a pilot eject and still die?
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
savio93:
Rip

And some people spoke about crashes when this whole so called practice began...
What could have caused the collision?
Where they high or they were listening to Osun Rerun result.
May his soul rest in peace.

While we still await the jets from USA, The few ones we have dey crash becaaise of one stupid independence celebration....
What are we celebratting sef

Getting into formation is tricky even for the best of pilots. They may have failed in communicating with each other properly or may have misunderstood themselves. Leading to one aircraft brushing another.
At the height and speed these Jets travel this can be exceedingly dangerous. The FDR if recovered, will yield more knowledge. Not that the air force will make it public though.

2 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hallenjay:
his seat already caught fire bfor ejection so d fire continues through d height of d seat den affecting d parachute to b fully controlled by d pilot
Very unlucky officer
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ChiefAzubuikeh(f): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
jiorhemen:

Please, stop running your mouth. He ejected successfully, but unfortunately, the parachute did not deploy. It is one thing for your ejection seat to eject, it is another thing for the chute to deploy in order to bring about a controlled landing. If your ejection seat ejects successfully but your chute does not deploy, you would be subjected to the force of gravity. It's as good as a man jumping down from the world trade centre without a chute. The next thing is to plunge to death

So its even worse than i thought.. You ejected but parachute no work. shocked. Naija which way
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

I was at the ceremony of these Jets induction in makurdi. Nigeria bought 12 of them. We are left with less than 5 now due to crashes. Yes we bought them new. As five of them were taxiing for takeoff in the ceremony, the canopy of one of these Jets came off entirely. Imagine if that had happened in flight? That pilot would have been a dead man.
But what you said here has nothing to do with old age. My comment was in response to the comment that implied that the crash was due to old age. There are elements of truth in what you wrote here, but none is attributable to old age. AVM Iya crashed shortly after the planes were brought to Nigeria. At a time they were still very new. I think we shouldn't be buying Chinese jets.

2 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
SocialJustice:
How does a pilot eject and still die?

His head could have hit the canopy, the ejection process itself is very traumatic, improperly deployed or poorly maintained chutes, he may have been unconscious and landed in an area with structures etc.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Lorenzop: 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
It is only in Nigeria that a pilot will eject successfully with parachute yet die later...can we ever get things right in this country
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:

So its even worse than i thought.. You ejected but parachute no work. shocked. Naija which way
Stop trying to be a negative person. Such things are not inevitable. They happen in advanced countries. Just about 2 hours ago, I sent a video of an American F-15 pilot who ejected and didn't survive to a friend. If you want to talk about the Nigerian pilot's factor in this, he did his duty well. He activated the ejection, the chute that failed to deploy was more a technical issue.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Pentools(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
eddy4top:

Must you blame everything on Buhari What has 'Bughari' got to do with this? I thought they called it an ACCIDENT

"Bughari"...... Igbo kwenuuuuuu ooooo!!!
I heard he's also called "bugharia" too.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by awa(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
I am not happy these guys just died for nothing... What are we even celebrating in the first place??
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Owned: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na For The Same Land They Go Buriel Am

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by SocialJustice: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

His head could have hit the canopy, the ejection process itself is very traumatic, improperly deployed or poorly maintained chutes, he may have been unconscious and landed in an area with structures etc.
I believe it was due to equipment failure.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by FemiMaduka(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

Nice. But we got 14Nos of them (12 single seat F7Nis and 2Nos double seat FT7Ni - trainer version) actually.

And from the NAF realease there were two F7s and three pilots involved. So I think one of the F7s was the last FT7Ni (double seat - pilot and co-pilot/student). The other FT7Ni (double seat) crashed in Kano (I think) some years ago, also with a fatality (even after ejection).

Your projections about the remaining units should be close at worst, because I think some (or probably grounded MiG 21s) were touched on the ground at an FOB in the NE by Boko haram insurgents.

As it stands now, the NAF's capacity to train pilots on the F7 airframe has been seriously degraded - all the two-seats variants are lost. The conversion (to the type) won't be as easy as it was because there won't be the luxury of an instructor flying with the trainee...even our air campaign against Boko haram will suffer for this.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by RighteousI: 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by sabiboy2(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Gramondhigh:
Two F -7 aircrafts crashed this morning when they were practicing for the October 1st Independence day. Two F- 7 pilots Flt Lieutenant Ambi and Flt lieutenant Abutuba Survived because they managed to eject before the aircraft went down. Unfortunately Squardron Leader Babaari died in the crash.. details soon

https://mobile.twitter.com/KunleDaramola3/status/1045650905595596800
rest on TIGER! the Air force, Nigerians and the world gonna miss u sir.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by violacordis1992(f): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
RIP
May God console his family and give them the fortitude to bear this loss
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by joey150(m): 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Now....on the other side, he'll realize he died for nothing.
R.I.P sir

I hope on your cornerstone, they boldly write what you died for.

Because I'll be sure to check.

Rest in Peace to that gallant Pilot.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Badonasty(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Gramondhigh:
Two F -7 aircrafts crashed this morning when they were practicing for the October 1st Independence day. Two F- 7 pilots Flt Lieutenant Ambi and Flt lieutenant Abutuba Survived because they managed to eject before the aircraft went down. Unfortunately Squardron Leader Babaari died in the crash.. details soon

https://mobile.twitter.com/KunleDaramola3/status/1045650905595596800

All because of Independence celebration... misplaced priorities
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by meccuno: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Now....on the other side, he'll realize he died for nothing.
R.I.P sir
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Abbey1125: 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
RIP cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) / The 'Wickedest City On Earth' & Home To The Real Pirates Of The Caribbean (Pics) / Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.