Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,542 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians (18221 Views)

A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians / Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC / NAFDAC Warns Against Taking `Maishayi’ Tea Made By Hausa Tea Vendors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by desmond2pk: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2018
We only have to keep off rotten buhari. He is the cancer we know in Nigeria.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Benekruku:

I dislike when people generalize and speak on behalf of 220,000,000 people

If you cant afford it doesn't mean all other people cant

Personalize your travails

My brother, I eat the freshest of vegetables I can find because I can afford it. I will not go and pick rotten ones because it will be madness to do so.

Those who eat rotten tomatoes are not mad, are they? They eat what they see.

Have you ever eaten in a place and hungry kids are queuing up for the rights to your plate when you're done? I have.

Tell me if those kids will mind the type of tomatoes in the stew their poor mother managed to cobble together for dinner.

There is poverty in the land. I congratulate you on your good fortune if you cannot recognize that fact.

Do have a nice day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2018
LuciferKristi:
98% of Afonja bukkas serve stew prepared with rotten tomatoes & pepper.

angry *spits
Which is best to stock up and eat at home or at reputable healthy eating restaurants.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Benekruku(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2018
bigpicture001:
...study statistics and u wld understand he is right to speak for all nigerians with that statement!!!!!

smh
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by kach17(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2018
If na rotten tomato de cause cancer be say all ordinary nigerians for don die of cancer na. Yet na the big men wey de eat better tomato de suffer cancer. Una noget talk jare

3 Likes

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by imam07: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2018
olokeded:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Friday warned Nigerians against the consumption of rotten tomatoes to forestall cancer.

Mrs Christiana Essenwa, a Deputy Director with the agency, gave the warning in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Onitsha.

According to her, rotten tomatoes contain micro organisms that induce cancer.

She explained that “once tomatoes become rotten, it will have micro organisms, mostly fungi, and fungi in rotten tomatoes produce mycotoxins which are deadly and induce cancer, and cause immune deficiency in man and animals.

“Mycotoxins are deadly, and can cause all sorts of poisoning in the body,” the director said.

She said that some research suggested that mycotoxins could also cause kidney damage.

According to her, some people think that rotten tomatoes which are cheap, can be consumed after washing and heating.

She, however, stressed that the toxins could not be washed or killed by heating “because mycotoxins are heat-resistant.”

She, therefore, advised consumers to keep-off rotten tomatoes often sold cheap in the market, saying “it was better to spend money to prolong life than to use such money to buy death.”

http://www.metronaija.ng/keep-off-rotten-tomatoes-to-avoid-cancer-nafdac-warns-nigerians/
Rotten tomato is better than tin tomato. Why nafdac does not warn us again tin tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by mechanics(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2018
Good one, this are what we need to stay health not news of slay queens and pre-wedding photos
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2018
And Olo ounjes (Food vendors) in Lagos has been using rotten tomatoes and PEPPER for ages, yet no cancer. undecided
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by otunde527: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Noted
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by lawsbanks: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2018
Beremx:
Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

I call it the cheapest tomatoes in the market. I am yet to see who had died eating it.

Olodo NAFDAC grin grin

Hausa nko
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by AngelicBeing: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2018
Beremx:
Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

I call it the cheapest tomatoes in the market. I am yet to see who had died eating it.

Olodo NAFDAC grin grin
tongue

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Femijohn198: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2018
Na today poor people the eat rotten tomatoes,wrong researched.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2018
Wonderful, so NAFDAC is still alive.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Quality20(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2018
some said its thicker and much tastier than d fresh ones
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by josh005(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2018
Beremx:
Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

Olodo NAFDAC grin grin
I bu nwa afo
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2018
Benekruku:

I dislike when people generalize and speak on behalf of 220,000,000 people

If you cant afford it doesn't mean all other people cant

Personalize your travails

Bill Gates in the building!!! The richest Nairalander has spoken. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by mbahdi(m): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2018
madridguy:
We see money buy fresh one? Abi who no like better thing?

chairman u also dey complain?i tink say na ur govment we dey

1 Like

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Benekruku(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Zionista:

Bill Gates in the building!!! The richest Nairalander has spoken. cheesy grin

Deal with poverty
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by headmaster02: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Beremx:
Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

]Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

Olodo NAFDAC grin grin
[/color][quote author=Beremx post=71618807]Yoruba's call it Esa

Igbos call it awarawa

NAFDAC calls it cancer

NAFDAC has become an outdated organ of the gorvernment since the demise of aunty DORA.
Olodo NAFDAC ;
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by lonelydora: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2018
LuciferKristi:
98% of Afonja bukkas serve stew prepared with rotten tomatoes & pepper.

angry *spits

Rodo and Tatashi combined.

If NAFDAC cares about our welfare, they would stop all the illegal drug makers in the country.

Any small happiness we want to enjoy, this country wants to stop it.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Nafdac should ban them in the market now. As they are roaming about looking for drug peddlers, they should also do same to tomato hawkers. Na dem get power pass
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2018
Inorder words avoid mama put because that what they all use to cook
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by fortunechy(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
we've been eating it since 4 decades ago..... yet nothing happened and never heard of such to my knowledge.......... yeye Nafdac
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by yine: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2018
Na lie, we de eat am since nothing do us,
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Fisher400: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2018
i think u should be making to much money from the oga at the top to be buying fresh one na
madridguy:
We see money buy fresh one? Abi who no like better thing?

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by stawarts(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2018
R2bees:
We dey talk of Osun robbery una dey talk rotten tomatoes.. Abegi!!!
[color=#006600][/color] why you wan kill yourself on another person matter
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Buffalowings3(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Is it not the rotten tomatoes and pepper that all the Iya waliat,Iya basirat and Iyasuliat use in making the nice sauces we use for rice from time;no be today o. We fry our sauces so well that no fungi can survive in it.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by kerry57: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2018
Na him be say, Hausa people for Don finish be that. God save our souls.
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by 12345baba(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
Our dearest awalawa tomatoes again
Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
Benekruku:

Deal with poverty

Rich dudes don't make noise.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

1 Like

Re: Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
We Go Cook Am Well And The Micros Go Die. Thank You Nafdac.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Much Does It Cost To Remove A Teeth In Lagos / Clear Your Face From Pimples And Eczema Using Bitterleaf / 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.