Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding (4595 Views)

Nairalander Attacked Fasola's Aide 'Lateef Raji' And Aregbesola's SSA [TWEET] / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos / The Looting Of Lagos By Tinubu And Fasola Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by MrFire: 2:58am On Jul 09, 2010
Photos speak more than words

Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by olafolarin(m): 3:03am On Jul 09, 2010
The rich Also cry,
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by MrFire: 3:12am On Jul 09, 2010
Lekki my nyash. Waste of money.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by asha80(m): 3:26am On Jul 09, 2010
I do not think nigerians have come to grips with the importance of yown and urban planning.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by johnie: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2010
I am still asking where exactly is this?

Many people do not realise that Ajah is just one part of what is genreally known as Lekki.

Eti-Osa Local Government where Ajah is, is even different from Ibjeu-Lekki Local Government.

So once again, I ask, where exactly is this place in the picture?

Don't tell us the street, just the area!
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by ojesymsym: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2010
johnie:

I am still asking where exactly is this?

Many people do not realise that Ajah is just one part of what is genreally known as Lekki.

Eti-Osa Local Government where Ajah is, is even different from Ibjeu-Lekki Local Government.

So once again, I ask, where exactly is this place in the picture?

Don't tell us the street, just the area!

Although I cannot confirm it for you, the first person that showed me this pictures among several others from the same house said it was in lekki phase 1.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by stormm: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2010
@ poster

This is Lekki not Ajahand pls ref your source - SR.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by johnie: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2010
Mr Fire:

Photos speak more than words

stormm:

@ poster

This is Lekki not Ajahand pls ref your source - SR.

Mr Storm and Mr Fire,

Can both of your confirm where exactly this is?

Fire says Ajah

Storm says Lekki

Whhich is which?

How are we even sure it is any of the two locations?

Source Please!
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by funmi2010: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Whether Ajah or Lekki, the issue is the pathetic state of the house. Its pretty ridiculous seeing that!
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by stormm: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
@ johnnie

The full story(plus more pix) is in Sahara Reporters.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by gbengapro: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
Faashola and his noisy and loud mouthed sycophants should go round Lagos whenever there is moderate to heavy rainfall to see for themselves the plight of the people. Flood everywhere along with this comes pain, anguish, suffering, financial losses, health challenges, serious traffic logjam and other social malaise. This is a regular occurrence in Lagos every year.
This Govt has no clue except to mouth propaganda in the media and deceive the people
Fashola is a total failure
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by forpeace: 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
See how fashola and his people fraudulently allocated land to people below sea level . .see water for big man house. . .shame. .how can i pay a 100m per plot for flood and embarrasment?
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by bkbabe90(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
Well, on the plus side, any Ibo man living in that neighborhood now has no excuse for not taking a shower!
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by chrisical(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ridiculous
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by keeeem: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2010
Mr Fire

Please let's stop distorting facts because we want to be heard. That place was not Lekki. Someone had sent this out countless number of times. If you have the full one, there was a picture of a lawyer lady hung on the wall. There is flooding all over the world as a result of the torrential rains. So please let's not behave as if we do not belong to this planet earth. It is not Fashola's making that some people build their houses in swamps. People bribe their way in order to buy land even in censored areas. This is Nigeria my brother and we all know the extent people go.

Some of us cannot administer a 3-bedroom apartment not to talk of a whole state. While not holding brief for him, I think the guy is not doing too badly as far as administering lagos is concerned

God bless us all
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by seanet02: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
@gbengapro(gbenga amateur) you have never seen anything good except from your satanic pdp and demonic akala.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by obojo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
just admit u r pissed cause u cant afford to live on d island,
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by oderemo(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
@gbengapro(gbenga amateur) you have never seen anything good except from your satanic pdp and demonic akala.

old boy , u like to pick fight oh.
the guy is entitled to his opinion
if he thinks fashola is a failure , well that is his view.
chikenna.
the fact remains that some areas in Lagos been totally neglected for so long that you wonder what ojuyobo did for 8yrs.
ppl need to realise that it will take years of careful planning to organise the sewage, drainage, etc.
FYI. the guy that supervised London drainage laboured for Gd 25 ys and died in the process as well.
Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by MrFire: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
I would rather live in Zamfara than in such flooded condition in Lekki

Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by MrFire: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
Now even Ghana-must-go bags (Nigerian trademark) are drenched in flood

Re: Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding by msaalli(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
this is the clearly the fault of the residents who do not construct proper water channels in their homes and pay off government officials to pass their plans without proper examination. The local government is also at fault for not providing a proper channel to collect water from local drainages into a main outlet such as the numerous water bodies around Lekki-Epe. We tend to forget local governments have duties as well in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Son Of Kogi State Governor Owns N5bn Hotel In Abuja (summer Set Continental) / Are The Isetkiris Related To The Yorubas?? / Pictorial Description Of Nigeria's New SWAT Officers (Satire)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.