Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? (4534 Views)

Poll: Which Would You Attend?

Friend's Wedding: 28% (16 votes)
BoyFriends Get Together: 7% (4 votes)
Both: 64% (36 votes)
This poll has ended

Share Your Friend Zone Story. / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / 10 Advantages Of Not Having A Girlfriend or Boyfriend <PIX> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Spanishfly(f): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2010
Which would you attend if they both happen to fall on the same day?
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by iice(f): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2010
Both grin
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Africanqueen2(f): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2010
Yeah both. . .
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by phamoodoo: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2010
definitely both,
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Spanishfly(f): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2010
Come on guys what if the distance is far? which one?
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Africanqueen2(f): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2010
Spanishfly:

Come on guys what if the distance is far? which one?
Have the boyfriend do the birthday in the wedding venue
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Acidosis(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2010
Wedding comes but 'ones'.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by MissyB1(m): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2010
We can waive the birthday party. . . . . Boyfriend should understand.
Friend's wedding, it is.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by eloii: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
Both but i will attend the Wedding First maybe during reception i attend the Birthday.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by qrich: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
none
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
It depends . .

If they are in the same town, I'll definitely make sure I attend both . . against all odds!

If they are not in the same town and my friend is like my very very close frined and I'm one of the Aso Ebi's, I'll attend the wedding (my BF should understand)

If they are not in the same town and she's just one of those them freinds, then I'll go for my BF's party and bust the wedding! cool
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by skyndyp(f): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
Bf's birthday? mtshewwww! Do u know how many girlfriends will attend the bd? My friends wedding mbok
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
African_queen:

Have the boyfriend do the birthday in the wedding venue

That is completely otu of the question!

What if he can't afford the venue or the distance is just too far for him and his friends? Infact, the BF doesnt have to change his plans at all to suit the wedding!

Right now, I dont even know who to chose anymore b/w my BF and my girl friends! I used to think a BF was more important untill they truned into jerks; and then I put my GFs first and they proved they are just not worth it!

Now, I just do what pleases me the most . .   cool
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
I will attend the wedding, me and my bf would celebrate later at night.
beside my bf birthday is every year, my friend wedding is more important

P.S depends on the friend involve.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Djswaggz(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
*contemplates answering but choses not to coz hez not gay and doesn't have a bf*
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by LordReed(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

That is completely otu of the question!

What if he can't afford the venue or the distance is just too far for him and his friends? Infact, the BF doesnt have to change his plans at all to suit the wedding!

Right now, I dont even know who to chose anymore b/w my BF and my girl friends! I used to think a BF was more important untill they truned into jerks; and then I put my GFs first and they proved they are just not worth it!

Now, I just do what pleases me the most . .   cool

Hmmm are u taking this attitude into marriage? Not very health I tink.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Tolulop001(f): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2010
rokiatu:

I will attend the wedding, me and my bf would celebrate later at night.
beside my bf birthday is every year, my friend wedding is more important

P.S depends on the friend involve.
God bless luv, smiley
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by sayso: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
your friend will not wed again,I guess you should attend that,beside birthdays are celebrated any day.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by ricky01: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
both becos both cant happen de same tyme, so i will attend de wedding first den go for de brithday bash later
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
Lord_Reed:

Hmmm are u taking this attitude into marriage? Not very health I tink.

What's more unhealthy than living the rest of your life trying to please someone who will never be pleased anyways? undecided
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by denony(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
IF I AM UR BF AND YOU IGNORED MY BDAY FOR A FRIENDS WEDDING
THAT YOUR FRIEND WILL BE PAYING ALL UR BILLS AS FROM THAT MOMENT. shocked

UNLESS PROPERLY PLANNED AND AGREED ON. kiss
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Godmother(f): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
Attend my friend's wedding in the morning and then throw a surprise bash for my boyfriend at evening (wud have planned it that way beforehand)
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by chamotex(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
I'll toss a coin
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Pweety4me(f): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
^Joke?

@OP We'll i can do both na ah ah but dis friend berra be worth it. . .
tongue
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Ben13: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Both.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by AyoAina: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Both
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Pittbaby(f): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
Things to consider:

1) Friend already has her own  husband

2) Not attend BF's birthday and let another woman run the show

If you and  friend are that close you should have been involved in the planning to some extent and known far in advance about the wedding date . If you and BF are in a commited relationship you should have told boyfriend long ago date of Friend's wedding , besides you should be involved in the  planning  of BFs party and so you will have known better and not scheduled a conflict . So its clear you are neither close to BF or Friend . You will not be missed at either occasion
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by Spyker: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
If it is possible to attend both, why not otherwise i go for the wedding. At least boyfriend has next year to celebrate birthday.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by LordReed(m): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

What's more unhealthy than living the rest of your life trying to please someone who will never be pleased anyways? undecided

Quite so but wat was the pt marrying some1 who had no pleasure in u in d 1st place? I mean granted ain't no perfect person but hey there are people u still like despite their flaws. I tink dat should go double 4 d married 1's.
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by darkey(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
no body has really answred d question, permit me to add dis, d friend is ur very close friend, u wldnt want to miss her wedding, ur guys av bin talkin bout each ova weddings since college, ur boyfriend wants to celebrate his bday, wants it to take the whole day, u=v bin planning for months, bookings have already bin made, u r involved in EVERYTIN dat will happen dat day, @ dis point, i thank God i'm a guy, grin grin
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by deniyor: 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
I do not have a boyfriend grin
Re: Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? by MissyB1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2010
Pittbaby:

Things to consider:

1) Friend already has her own  husband

2) Not attend BF's birthday and let another woman run the show
We're talking of a Boy/f here not a husband.

Pittbaby:

Things to consider:
If you and  friend are that close you should have been involved in the planning to some extent and known far in advance about the wedding date . If you and BF are in a commited relationship you should have told boyfriend long ago date of Friend's wedding , besides you should be involved in the  planning  of BFs party and so you will have known better and not scheduled a conflict . So its clear you are neither close to BF or Friend . You will not be missed at either occasion
Can't You see that the total planning and fixing of date isn't within Your influence?
Your Boy/f's birthday is his birthday, You can't do much about it.
It's either he agrees to postpone the party or not.

As for the Friend . . . . even if You were involved in the planning, You can't ask her to change the date, simply because it happens to be Your boyfriend's birthday.
At the end of the day, You still have to choose where to be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncle James Saved My Sex Life And Marriage / Your Lady Just Initiate Sex; How Will You React As A Man / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.