Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Nwanneni's Road To Recovery - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nwanneni's Road To Recovery (13932 Views)

Navigating Unexpected Car Breakdowns With The Best Recovery Tactics / Navigating The Road To Reliable Car Servicing And Maintenance In Dubai / How Long Does It Take A Road To Dry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
mayor2013:

AC compressor
ok.i thought as much!!!i have a spare sha.thanks be to God. cheesy
And do you have an idea why the car does not do more than 150kph?
Could it be wrong oil in the gearbox?
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by mayor2013: 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2018
nwanneni:

A scan would help.if you can't get a Benz oil get a very good dextron6. Sure it's in limp mode
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
mayor2013:

A scan would help.if you can't get a Benz oil get a very good dextron6. Sure it's in limp mode
thank you very much.
I suspected it.
I would get the mb star oil.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by mayor2013: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
nwanneni:
thank you very much.
I suspected it.
I would get the mb star oil.

Scan first
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
nwanneni:
what do you think might be the culprit?
About the diesel car,we don't have competent hands to work on diesels in phc,hence i am selling to my friend that works at schlumberger.
Something he said about them having in house diesel techies for their cars

For one, it's not a limp mode issue. You wouldn't even get anywhere near 150km/h on limp mode.

Not sure. Cc: Weyreypey, nakoks

Was always a fear of mine, getting competent mechos. Well, sell off and buy an E350. Or if you're feeling adventurous and want the fast life of a coupe, a CLK550. grin
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
nwanneni:
The AC of this car is beginning to act up.when the car is stationary,it blows warm air,but while in motion,it begins to cool as a function of speed.
That is the degree of coolness is directly related to how fast i am going.
Any ideas

Urgh, these cars are notorious for AC issues.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by weyreypey: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
ask him which atf is in da transmission.

HeavenlyBang:

For one, it's not a limp mode issue. You wouldn't even get anywhere near 150km/h on limp mode.

Not sure. Cc: Weyreypey, nakoks

Was always a fear of mine, getting competent mechos. Well, sell off and buy an E350. Or if you're feeling adventurous and want the fast life of a coupe, a CLK550. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
This road to recovery don de get small small traffic

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by weyreypey: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
heavenlybang I saw all these beforehand.

weyreypey:

Guy listen very well... very very well. Your Mech is complicit in this misadventure.

Advice. Couple the engine back. Put your own engine in the boot. Find a dangote truck going to lasgidi.... Upload your car... Get Gazzuzz to receive it. Now send money to him and fold your arms..... In doing this you'd have appeased all the demeanors herein.

You can't carry "our" project to an unknown kazeem who uses ATF 220 on transmission and abro coolant.

6 Likes

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by kingreign(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Urgh, these cars are notorious for AC issues.

Automatic compressor. Their AC compressors can easily kpef anytime.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by weyreypey: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
so you advice switching to manual ones?

kingreign:

Automatic compressor. Their AC compressors can easily kpef anytime.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by kingreign(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
weyreypey:
so you advice switching to manual ones?

No. He should buy OEM brand new automatic compressor, condenser, drier and he should flush the WHOLE system. Then follow manufacturers procedures for recharging the AC system.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by weyreypey: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
kingreign:

No. He should buy OEM brand new automatic compressor, condenser, drier and he should flush the WHOLE system. Then follow manufacturers procedures for recharging the AC system.

you ehn......

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 06, 2018
Compressor i already have.
Things to buy;
Condenser
Drier.
Flushing the damn system
And refilling the damn gas
Scanning the damn car
Refilling the damn gearbox with star mb oil.
Thank you kingreign,you are a star.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by kingreign(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2018
nwanneni:
Compressor i already have.
Things to buy;
Condenser
Drier.
Flushing the damn system
And refilling the damn gas
Scanning the damn car
Refilling the damn gearbox with star mb oil.
Thank you kingreign,you are a star.

Where you dey as at now now now.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2018
kingreign:

Where you dey as at now now now.
oron,Akwa ibom state.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by kingreign(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2018
nwanneni:
oron,Akwa ibom state.
Call me for a scan if You're still interested. I just entered Uyo for weekend. 07034581213.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by radautoworks: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Too bad you're not in Lagos. Glen is a Mercedes ac guru. His favorite thing to work on. Real talk though, I see why you won't let it go. We have the same one in our family and won't let it go either. Only issue it's ever had was alternator so I don't understand why yours is acting up like this. Would really love to have seen it to see why.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2018
kingreign:

Call me for a scan if You're still interested. I just entered Uyo for weekend. 07034581213.
oops!!
I wish i saw this earlier.i am in phc now.
Got here like 10mins ago
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
radautoworks:
Too bad you're not in Lagos. Glen is a Mercedes ac guru. His favorite thing to work on. Real talk though, I see why you won't let it go. We have the same one in our family and won't let it go either. Only issue it's ever had was alternator so I don't understand why yours is acting up like this. Would really love to have seen it to see why.
i overspeed!!!maybe that's why.
A lot of money gotta go in to fuel that passion you know grin
Will get to see you someday,no worry.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Piyke: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
nwanneni:

A simple diagnosis with manifold gauges should pinpoint the culprit. If compressor failure I will expect a normal low-side reading and a low high-side reading. Both sides will read about the same. Heck it might as well be a low initial charge. Just run away from any AC person that doesn't use manifold gauges; both gauges and the 3 lines for the diagnosis/recharge/repair process.
My thoughts...

1 Like

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by CityNGR: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
radautoworks:
Interesting? Seems you're back in the country....
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by CityNGR: 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Piyke:

A simple diagnosis with manifold gauges should pinpoint the culprit. If compressor failure I will expect a normal low-side reading and a low high-side reading. Both sides will read about the same. Heck it might as well be a low initial charge. Just run away from any AC person that doesn't use manifold gauges; both gauges and the 3 lines for the diagnosis/recharge/repair process.
My thoughts...
Nice one
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by radautoworks: 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
CityNGR:

Interesting? Seems you're back in the country....

Glen is but not me
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Here.

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by chukel(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2018
nwanneni:
The AC of this car is beginning to act up.when the car is stationary,it blows warm air,but while in motion,it begins to cool as a function of speed.
That is the degree of coolness is directly related to how fast i am going.
Any ideas
fan
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2018
chukel:
fan
care to explain?i didn't get you.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Jakumo(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2018
nwanneni:
care to explain?i didn't get you.

Ha ha Chukel is a man of few words. Attempting to decode his cryptic reference, I would speculate that he is suggesting a replacement of the cooling fan assembly, on the premise that perhaps the fan's associated electronics is defective, and thereby preventing the unit from actuating at the normal temperature trigger points essential for optimal cooling of your car.

We demand more PINSHURE of your car. Let us see a nice front view, with the camera slightly off to one side. May the force be with you.

3 Likes

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Jakumo:

Ha ha Chukel is a man of few words. Attempting to decode his cryptic reference, I would speculate that he is suggesting a replacement of the cooling fan assembly, on the premise that perhaps the fan's associated electronics is defective, and thereby preventing the unit from actuating at the normal temperature trigger points essential for optimal cooling of your car.

We demand more PINSHURE of your car. Let us see a nice front view, with the camera slightly off to one side. May the force be with you.
ok.no wahala.for evening na
I go post am
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
It's sunday yo!

Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
nwanneni:
It's sunday yo!

I don't recognise that bottle.
Re: Nwanneni's Road To Recovery by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I don't recognise that bottle.
it's a secret.
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A 2009 Honda City? / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change / Great And Affordable Car Dealership Deals In Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.