Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? (28853 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Ajalekoko76(m): 5:08am On Sep 30, 2018
A wise man will not...

A foolish man will...

Wise men keep understanding with women,not telling her everything transactions of his life.

Wise women keep distance from men discussion because it could be dangerous to her life.

Choose where U belong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by chinze(m): 5:27am On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=Earthbound post=71642965]I am of the opinion that a man must try to be as honest as possible to his wife, but she does not need to know EVERYTHING. RIGHT?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by KIDfurniture(m): 5:52am On Sep 30, 2018
Lol..2 becomes what? Not this new generation girls.
Lock up
Biglittlelois:
What's the point of marrying her if you cant tell her everything, two becomes one in everything.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Peterosky(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2018
aguiyi2:
A husband tell his wife everything?,which kind crase be that one?.
.Marital craze.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by popcykaylah(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2018
I used to but it created more problems, so hell NO

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by tunary(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2018
samysmoothfresh:
Yes, tell her everything

tell her how many times visited the toilet in a day, everything about where you work including private company matters...................tell her how your secretary kissed you

tell her everything!
good reply
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by tunary(m): 6:27am On Sep 30, 2018
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by SexyDenzel: 6:32am On Sep 30, 2018
What?! didn't you remember what Delilah did to Samson?! Tell my wife everything? I de mad, I'll make her think she knows everything but hell no I'm not talking any woman all my shitt. Females are unstable and can do whatever with that information when situations don't go well with them. Men keep most shitt to yourselves or rather confide in your correct tight home boy and never let your wife know how much you have or earn, break whatever it is in to two and make her know of only 50% or less. Believe me this will help you so much. Trust no woman.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2018
It depends. There are some you will tell, say, your income and she would want you to buy her expensive stuffs, not minding that there are other important needs. If you marry this type, it is better to tell her only what she needs to know.

There are the ones that helps you manage your money well.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by SexyDenzel: 6:38am On Sep 30, 2018
Biglittlelois:
What's the point of marrying her if you cant tell her everything, two becomes one in everything.
Two becomes one? honey that's just a motto :-) don't take it serious. If men were to tell everything there will be war in every home.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Afamed: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2018
Tell her everything at your own peril. If you know you know.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by sinola(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2018
SIR0:
She doesn't need to know everything. A man safeguards his home by applying wisdom. Most people want to keep their marriage, family & friends. Telling all to your wife could be so detrimental. And, never believe she would always tell you everything about herself too. Put all into dire consideration before divulging it. I may sound too harsh, but I am sure,,,,,,

the wise would understand my point.
God bless you,sir0

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by vRendoh(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2018
No human can tell 'everything'! Not the hisband nor the wife. Thier are secrets you can never tell! They will go with you to the grave and lie with you there forever! That is just itâ– 
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by sinaj(f): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2018
Okeikpu:
Can u keep a secret
Cos I'm ready to tell u everything grin
I promise not to tell anyone your atm pin if you tell me tongue

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Lawalspecial: 7:02am On Sep 30, 2018
Why not... couples should be transparent to each other in everything and will uphold the family to the greater places. It will reduce conflict and other unforseen crises ahead. Then why couples keeping secret to each other. And i ask " why the love"? Is just full of decit
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by PrincewithGod(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2018
LuciferKristi:
I can't tell my girlfriend she's technically my step-daughter now.

Nah. At least not while I'll be present for the naming.
I wanted to say something but when I saw your moniker I know I will be wasting my time.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by 042rep(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
Real men don't talk too much...

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by 9ja083: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2018
yes, tell her everything no matter what. if na wife go hide something from her husband, everybody go de shout.
if the world frowns at a woman who hide certain truth from her husband then the husband should be honest in all his ways.
The wife always have a way of finding out the truth.
some1 like me will find the truth without u suspecting anything and still wait for the day you will open up.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by 9ja083: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2018
042rep:
Real men don't talk too much...

then real ladies shouldn't talk too much
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by 9ja083: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2018
SIR0:
She doesn't need to know everything. A man safeguards his home by applying wisdom. Most people want to keep their marriage, family & friends. Telling all to your wife could be so detrimental. And, never believe she would always tell you everything about herself too. Put all into dire consideration before divulging it. I may sound too harsh, but I am sure,,,,,,

the wise would understand my point.

Sir, can you give the same advice to a woman?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by God2man(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2018
Even God will not tell you everything because he knows you are not strong enough to contain the message, for example, there are spiritual entities moving around us every day, God will not open your eyes to see these spirit beings. God knows it will be too much for you to handle. So, he closed our spiritual eyes.

Likewise the book of Micah 7:5 " Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide : keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom "

Apostle Peter who was a married man also told us in the book of 1 Peter 3:7a "Likewise,ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge"

Of course there are some information that are very important, even financial issues you need to tell your wife but you will not be helping the union if you know that an information will be too much for your wife to handle and yet you decided to open up when it is not yet the right time to tell her.

You need to know that ways of approach of solving family issues are not the same, the way your wife will solve it may be quite different from the way you will solve it.

Let's look at Abraham, God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, he knew that this directive from God is too hard for Sarah to handle, he kept it away from her, even Isaac had no clue about the sacrifice, this is wisdom, I believed this information would have destroyed this family if not properly handle by Abraham.

Later, when you begin to discover your wife is getting more understanding with prayers and the help of God, you can start explaining things to her.

The truth is, the husband and wife are one, yes but you need to know that you are male and female,the body of a man is completely different from the body of a woman, you are not male and male or female and female.
There is a wide difference between husband and wife but they need to be one. That's why the Bible calls it a mystery.

You argued that he must tell you everything because you are one, oh! Yes I agreed but a loving husband must not hurt the feeling of the wife if he knows that the information is not good at a particular time.

So manage your information properly because every marriage is unique.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by ekhai(m): 8:08am On Sep 30, 2018
sinaj:
Thats if she cant keep secrets
THANK YOU. I CAN'T EVEN TELL MY WIFE ANYTHING BECAUSE ANY SMALL QUARREL, THAT SECRET IS IN THE STREET. MEN KEEP YOUR SECRETS.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by emmasolu09: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2018
yes
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by bigpicture001: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2018
say everything except how much ur actually worth, lest sh wild programme her expenditure to exactly match ur income nd blame it on side checks if it doesn't tally. women nd money are twins!!!!
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by cronsberg: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2018
I once told my wife that some of my family members are against our marraige, i told her that so that she will have a thick skin incase she notice any hostility from anyone of them when visiting them. And to act maturely and not freak out or get emotional. I thought i was being honest with her in the spirit of disclosing everything, biggest mistake ever cuz now she constantly use it against me, in any small argument, she will keep repeating that afterall my family dont like her so i also dont really love her. To the extend of even telling her family elders that my family hates her, can u imaging? I learned to keep my mouth shut since then. I learned that women generally cannot be trusted with anything basically, especially secrets
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by stagger: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2018
Women are emotional beings and are not wired to handle information the way men do.

That said, there is a difference between hiding information, and managing information. Managing information means that you only let out what needs to be let out, in a manner that will not evoke negative reactions from the wife, the same way a President of a country is privy to information from the secret service that ordinary citizens are not.

Someone mentioned Abraham here in the case of the instruction to sacrifice Isaac. That is exactly how such information is to be handled. Not everything shoud be divulged by a husband to a wife.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Jabareal(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2018
Real man must be ready to learn how to keep secrets, As Some wifey can be dangerous
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by mikkylondon: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Telling ur partner everything is at ur risk
I used to tell my wife things but when I discovered she can't keep secrets, I stopped telling. It's all about wisdom. A wife that exposes u and what u say to her family and friends should be avoided at all cost...am wearing d shoe so I know.

Ur partner is supposed to be ur confidant but when she's not, my people u better TRADE WITH CAUTION

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by temi2008: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2018
A big yes
Two are now one.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by OyinO: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2018
myself13:

If you read my post with a discerning mind, unbiased and sentient spirit, and a modicum of sensibility, you wouldn't have need of quoting me or quoting me out of context.
Enjoy your colonial mentality
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by KelvinC1(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2018
Zoharariel:
Yes if he wants to die early. grin
lols
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by rOsy247(f): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2018
There are things better left unsaid. Things that can shatter the marriage if said. All you need do is stop the bad thing u doing so it doesn't result to something else.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video) / 5 Generations Photo A Nigerian Man Shared To Celebrate Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.