Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? (28854 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2018
Missyford31:

grin grin
Are you for real?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2018
sinaj:
I promise not to tell anyone your atm pin if you tell me tongue
....and they said Nairaland girls are ugly and not endowed.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Ten06(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2018
SIR0:
She doesn't need to know everything. A man safeguards his home by applying wisdom. Most people want to keep their marriage, family & friends. Telling all to your wife could be so detrimental. And, never believe she would always tell you everything about herself too. Put all into dire consideration before divulging it. I may sound too harsh, but I am sure,,,,,,

the wise would understand my point.
Thank you. Marriage where the husband tell his wife everything doesn't last, and immediately your wife know how much you have you will not have peace until she spends the money to the last kobo

6 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by DeRay98(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
Biglittlelois:
What's the point of marrying her if you cant tell her everything, two becomes one in everything.

Just like "Do you love me?" another device wives use to manipulate their husband. What to tell depends on the type of wife he has and not necessarily in the name of being one. After all, wives keep lots pf secrets that their husbands never know if unless it slips out of their mouth accidentally.
Each husband or boy-friend show be assess his wife/girl-friend to know what's to tell her.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
IF SHE'S SEEING OTHER MEN... NOOOO!
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by DeRay98(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
SIR0:
She doesn't need to know everything. A man safeguards his home by applying wisdom. Most people want to keep their marriage, family & friends. Telling all to your wife could be so detrimental. And, never believe she would always tell you everything about herself too. Put all into dire consideration before divulging it. I may sound too harsh, but I am sure,,,,,,

the wise would understand my point.

This is the koko of the matter

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by DeRay98(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Noooo
Not at all.
LADIES have antennas and shouldn’t be told everything.
E[b]xcept you want your district PASTORS to discuss your family TOPIC before the congregation.
[/b] grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Benwallt(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Everything comes down to you having the right partner.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Earthbound:
I am of the opinion that a man must try to be as honest as possible to his wife, but she does not need to know EVERYTHING. Right?
Wrong, you must tell her everything.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by yelei(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
sinaj:
Thats if she cant keep secrets
if I say I like u, can dat b our best secret?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Avraham: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
God2man:
Even God will not tell you everything because he knows you are not strong enough to contain the message, for example, there are spiritual entities moving around us every day, God will not open your eyes to see these spirit beings. God knows it will be too much for you to handle. So, he closed our spiritual eyes.

Likewise the book of Micah 7:5 " Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide : keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom "

Apostle Peter who was a married man also told us in the book of 1 Peter 3:7a "Likewise,ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge"

Of course there are some information that are very important, even financial issues you need to tell your wife but you will not be helping the union if you know that an information will be too much for your wife to handle and yet you decided to open up when it is not yet the right time to tell her.

You need to know that ways of approach of solving family issues are not the same, the way your wife will solve it may be quite different from the way you will solve it.

Let's look at Abraham, God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, he knew that this directive from God is too hard for Sarah to handle, he kept it away from her, even Isaac had no clue about the sacrifice, this is wisdom, I believed this information would have destroyed this family if not properly handle by Abraham.

Later, when you begin to discover your wife is getting more understanding with prayers and the help of God, you can start explaining things to her.

The truth is, the husband and wife are one, yes but you need to know that you are male and female,the body of a man is completely different from the body of a woman, you are not male and male or female and female.
There is a wide difference between husband and wife but they need to be one. That's why the Bible calls it a mystery.

You argued that he must tell you everything because you are one, oh! Yes I agreed but a loving husband must not hurt the feeling of the wife if he knows that the information is not good at a particular time.

So manage your information properly because every marriage is unique.

God bless you.

from church history and personal studies. I learned Sarah died when she heard of God's command to Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. Her heart was torn into two like mary's own when she saw Jesus on the cross.
Don't know if it's true.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by fighterjetc130(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Not all truth are meant to be told.

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by hartson(m): 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
JediB:
There is a time for everything, so also there is a time to tell a woman (and eveeyone) something, a time to tell a few, a time for more and a time for EVERYTHING... it is about trust...a woman who has no future with you has no business beyond the sweet nothings ( cause that is what they are) that prelude coitus... however, a woman who has been through hell and high water, lied for you, took a fall for you, aborted for you, had kids for you, lived with you from youth till grey hairs... now you re old and cannot tell her EVERYTHING? Well, when you pass on, and those greedy brothers waiting for you to die, come, they will take EVERYTHING YOU DID NOT TELL HER!
let them take it.Guys do not entrust any vital info to any woman no matter what.
In the scripture, Adam told Eve everything God had instructed him,it eventually ended in tragedy.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by myself13: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
OyinO:
Enjoy your colonial mentality
crap as ever will be on here
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by sinaj(f): 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
yelei:
if I say I like u, can dat b our best secret?
lol yea

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Seunkings02(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
chiommy123:
Its not possible to tell anyone EVERYTHING. You may need to hide some information it could be your job, other family member issues, side chick, some chats, etc
Chai, wish your future husband will see this, he won't trust you, side chick!
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by nick50(m): 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
Why would I tell her everything?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by JediB(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
hartson:
let them take it.Guys do not entrust any vital info to any woman no matter what.
In the scripture, Adam told Eve everything God had instructed him,it eventually ended in tragedy.

My dear brother, but Why? When a man keeps important details from his wife, his children suffer...
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by hartson(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
JediB:

My dear brother, but Why? When a man keeps important details from his wife, his children suffer...
no woman can keep top secret.She will certainly burst the bubble any day you have misunderstanding with her.Noting will make me divulge top secret to any woman.I will tidy up things in such a manner that my children will not suffer at all.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 04, 2018
Earthbound:

Are you for real?

I cant remember wat this was for. It was probably the way something was said. I mean no offence if i have done.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2018
Missyford31:

I cant remember wat this was for. It was probably the way something was said. I mean no offence if i have done.
Lol I mean, you're really from Down under?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 06, 2018
Earthbound:

Lol I mean, you're really from Down under?

Yep. Im in hobart tasmania
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2018
Missyford31:

Yep. Im in hobart tasmania
How did you stumble upon Nairaland?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 07, 2018
Earthbound:

How did you stumble upon Nairaland?

I ben in a long distance relationship for over two yrs with an igbo man in owerri n i love learning his culture
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2018
Missyford31:

I ben in a long distance relationship for over two yrs with an igbo man in owerri n i love learning his culture
Interesting

You didn't say I am.... You guys still together!?
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Kayelyon: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
I don't know o.
it seems there are things best left unsaid.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by bigl: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
Earthbound:
I am of the opinion that a man must try to be as honest as possible to his wife, but she does not need to know EVERYTHING. Right?

Being honest and telling her everything are 2 different things.

Take for instance, you work with a security agency like, lets say D.S.S. and somehow, a top information got to u about an assassination attempt on some high profile personality and you need to do some underground works to stop such occurrence, you will tell her? In the name of being honest?

He.ll bleeping No bro! You are not under any obligation to tell her.

And that don't mean you are not being honest with her but she just has to stay on a "no need to know" basis.

You can be dishonest and still share everything with your wife and vice versa.
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 08, 2018
Earthbound:

Interesting

You didn't say I am.... You guys still together!?

Yeah still going strong
Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2018
Missyford31:

Yeah still going strong
Well, good for you! wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? by Bola146(f): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
fighterjetc130:
Not all truth are meant to be told.

It's well... God have mercy on those married men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video) / 5 Generations Photo A Nigerian Man Shared To Celebrate Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.