Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm (45506 Views)

Live Updates: Peter Obi Addresses A Town Hall Meeting In New York-pictures / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
Now this is 2.38 tvc where is the world press conference ?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by AgbariOjukwu1: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
globemoney:

The people Fashola apologized to. The economic base of Lagos.

Lol, keep deceiving yourself
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by bigpicture001: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode will announce I'd stepping down from contention for APC primary and d election as a whole. coward!!!!!!!!!!!.... I repeat coward!!!!!!!!!

and for those supporting tinubu, just knw dt he will do it again in four years time nd giv u guyz anoda flimsy excuses.....
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Smarttravels(f): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
duality:

All these are not based on principle. If Tinubu changes his mind on Ambode right now. You will still change tune.

We didn't here all these complaints until recently.

Even when the kite was flown, that Tinubu and Ambode had parted ways. Your likes claimed it was a lie and blamed others for trying to divide APC.

All these treads aren't based on principles.

If anyone can agree that Ambode is not qualified for second term, but supports Buhari for second term, then such a person has been bewitched.
No I won't. I have never liked his policies or his spendthrift attitude. I pointed the same thing out on LinkedIn to his commissioner of communication in 2017!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dadebayo1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
So i should stay glued to my Tv... Time check 2:43pm and there is no briefing yet... They should learn to keep to time....
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by davit: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode is truly a scammer!
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by gbigbega: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
Kai, Nigerians can fight!

Una DON fight break head for fake news. Is getting on for 3pm and nothing.

Stop drinking panadol for another mans headache.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Johnnyessence(m): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
Akinwumi Ambode: What Really Changed

By Temitope Ajayi.

The popular saying is that 24 hours is very long in politics. The normal 24 hours make a full day but in politics it acquires some mysticism and mere mortals like us, they say, can’t comprehend it.

Again, didn’t the towering and magnificent Mahatma Ghandi admonish us that politics should not be devoid of morality?

For Governor Ambode, how did he suddenly turn within 2 months from the hero of Lagos APC stakeholders to the ‘filthy villain’ of today who must be destroyed? The ways of the world we may say!

Less than 3 months ago the same Lagos APC Mandate Group with their Governor’s Advisory Council and other ‘stakeholders’ who are now endorsing Mr. Sanwo-Olu, his main opponent for party ticket, took turns to endorse Ambode as a miracle worker who should continue for a second term in office and if the constitution can be amended for him, a 3rd term and possibly a 4th term should be good for him too.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the darling wife of the ‘Dear Leader’ of APC, led 3 APC senators to endorse Ambode in his office with pomp. Femi Gbajabiamila led APC House of Representatives members from Lagos to sing song of praises of Ambode for second term. Mr. Obasa also led a vote of confidence of Lagos State House of Assembly members to endorse Ambode for second term for his exemplary leadership.

The 57 Local Council Development Areas Chairmen also endorsed him for second term for his sagacity and other epithets they used to qualify him. Market women/men, traditional rulers and other groups within and outside APC endorsed him for second term. Even the main opposition PDP in Lagos appears to have conceded second term to him without challenge.

Again, what has changed that suddenly turned friends and endorsers of yesterday to mortal enemies of today.

Ambode’s traducers have not said he has not performed well as a governor of Lagos because that will be a very difficult tale to sell to the public. The Ambode sins are that he is not settling all the Baba and Mama Isales of APC well not that he is not doing at all. They said he is arrogant and vindictive and no concrete evidence except made-up stories. Some said he does not greet them well or prostrate enough. He didn’t attend their Owambes or spend enough time whenever he managed to show up. He kept Osun State Governor in his waiting room for 7 hours and other things that have no bearing on good governance in Lagos.

Okay, the unforgivable sin is he took away PSP operators from waste management, a grand design project for political settlement of APC grandees in Lagos and the state of aquatic splendor became the dirt headquarters of the world. I concede he failed on that for not being sensitive or lack of emotional intelligence. Do we have examples of leaders who got it right all the time? Do we have leaders anywhere in the world that never made wrong decisions they had to correct or drop altogether? I will love to know such infallible one.

In case many have forgotten, the PSP model was not an instant success too in Lagos. It was operationalized for almost 3 years before it became a success. The cart pushers resisted too initially when PSP was introduced and they sabotaged it same way PSP operators are resisting and sabotaging the Visionscape’s Cleaner Lagos Initiative. It is good a middle ground has been found between the PSP operators and Visionscape. I hold the view the Cleaner Lagos Initiative can be successful too with time the way PSP became successful with time.

Another sin of Ambode is civil servants do not like or love him. I asked if Lagos owes civil servants and pensioners months of unpaid salaries under Ambode. Nobody can answer me. I asked if Ambode stopped promotions of civil servants in Lagos, no answer still. I asked further if Ambode stopped trainings and travels – local and foreign for civil servants in Lagos, they said no. So on what basis do civil servants hate him?

Let’s call a spade a spade, larger majority of Civil Servants in Nigeria do not like any Governor or Head of MDAs that do not allow free reign of stealing. Civil Servants hate him is a euphemism for he is not allowing them to steal as much as they want. Ambode should be happy civil servants do not like him. He is in a good company with President Buhari who is also hated by the federal civil servants.

I have a reason to also hate Ambode too, but I do not elevate my personal interest above public interest. I got my Uncle to bid for 2 of the advertised Lagos 184 inner city roads last year. The tender was advertised twice, first in February 2017 and re-advertised in October 2017 because of vested interests within Lagos APC. My Uncle spent over Two million naira to prepare the tender twice. His company was shortlisted for two of the roads he bided for because he runs a successful construction firm. At the end Ambode still jettisoned the recommended and shortlisted contractors and awarded the contracts, due to unmitigated pressure on him, to the same APC Baba Isales and Iya Isales who are now vilifying him. I was livid and mad at Ambode. I called his aides and commissioners I know and abused him for deceiving over 1000 contractors who submitted tenders for the road projects.

Would that make me blind to his good works in Lagos? No way.

I am happy he has not dropped out of the race for APC ticket in Lagos despite enormous pressure on him to do so.

Akinwumi Ambode, if you must die tomorrow, fight and die like a warrior with your honour.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by davit: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Press conference moved to 4pm.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by mfm04622: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Eammy:

Are you for real? With citizens like you, Nigeria can never move forward.

Have you heard of "party supremacy" before?

If you don't know, it is the party that contest elections, not individuals. Have you heard the saying "charity begins at home"?

What Ambode is facing us what politicians that forget both sayings above face. Tinubu do not have problems with Ambode, Ambode have problems with party members. They accused him of being unapproachable. One claimed they don't have his number and those he gave number to, he doesn't pick their call. Whereas, if they call Tinubu, if he doesn't pick, he will call back. Someone that did not pick your call for 3 years now remember he need you to get his re-election. If you were the one, will you forgive him?
People think politics is like the military that the leader give order and followers obey! Lol! Leaders that do what followers don't like will soon find themselves alone. Tinubu know this, that is why he is still relevant. APC lost some positions in the 2015 election because of protest votes. This was due to Tinubu's insistence that those that have only one term should be allowed to go for second term. Members protested that some of them never did anything for the party. They voted for PDP instead of allowing such members return. They are threatening to do same for Ambode. Reason Tinubu has been saying people begging on behalf of Ambode should go and beg those who complained about him.
Hope you now know why parties comes first. If the party don't like you, you won't even get opportunity for the people to elect you

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by mfm04622: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Akinwumi Ambode: What Really Changed

By Temitope Ajayi.

The popular saying is that 24 hours is very long in politics. The normal 24 hours make a full day but in politics it acquires some mysticism and mere mortals like us, they say, can’t comprehend it.

Again, didn’t the towering and magnificent Mahatma Ghandi admonish us that politics should not be devoid of morality?

For Governor Ambode, how did he suddenly turn within 2 months from the hero of Lagos APC stakeholders to the ‘filthy villain’ of today who must be destroyed? The ways of the world we may say!

Less than 3 months ago the same Lagos APC Mandate Group with their Governor’s Advisory Council and other ‘stakeholders’ who are now endorsing Mr. Sanwo-Olu, his main opponent for party ticket, took turns to endorse Ambode as a miracle worker who should continue for a second term in office and if the constitution can be amended for him, a 3rd term and possibly a 4th term should be good for him too.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the darling wife of the ‘Dear Leader’ of APC, led 3 APC senators to endorse Ambode in his office with pomp. Femi Gbajabiamila led APC House of Representatives members from Lagos to sing song of praises of Ambode for second term. Mr. Obasa also led a vote of confidence of Lagos State House of Assembly members to endorse Ambode for second term for his exemplary leadership.

The 57 Local Council Development Areas Chairmen also endorsed him for second term for his sagacity and other epithets they used to qualify him. Market women/men, traditional rulers and other groups within and outside APC endorsed him for second term. Even the main opposition PDP in Lagos appears to have conceded second term to him without challenge.

Again, what has changed that suddenly turned friends and endorsers of yesterday to mortal enemies of today.

Ambode’s traducers have not said he has not performed well as a governor of Lagos because that will be a very difficult tale to sell to the public. The Ambode sins are that he is not settling all the Baba and Mama Isales of APC well not that he is not doing at all. They said he is arrogant and vindictive and no concrete evidence except made-up stories. Some said he does not greet them well or prostrate enough. He didn’t attend their Owambes or spend enough time whenever he managed to show up. He kept Osun State Governor in his waiting room for 7 hours and other things that have no bearing on good governance in Lagos.

Okay, the unforgivable sin is he took away PSP operators from waste management, a grand design project for political settlement of APC grandees in Lagos and the state of aquatic splendor became the dirt headquarters of the world. I concede he failed on that for not being sensitive or lack of emotional intelligence. Do we have examples of leaders who got it right all the time? Do we have leaders anywhere in the world that never made wrong decisions they had to correct or drop altogether? I will love to know such infallible one.

In case many have forgotten, the PSP model was not an instant success too in Lagos. It was operationalized for almost 3 years before it became a success. The cart pushers resisted too initially when PSP was introduced and they sabotaged it same way PSP operators are resisting and sabotaging the Visionscape’s Cleaner Lagos Initiative. It is good a middle ground has been found between the PSP operators and Visionscape. I hold the view the Cleaner Lagos Initiative can be successful too with time the way PSP became successful with time.

Another sin of Ambode is civil servants do not like or love him. I asked if Lagos owes civil servants and pensioners months of unpaid salaries under Ambode. Nobody can answer me. I asked if Ambode stopped promotions of civil servants in Lagos, no answer still. I asked further if Ambode stopped trainings and travels – local and foreign for civil servants in Lagos, they said no. So on what basis do civil servants hate him?

Let’s call a spade a spade, larger majority of Civil Servants in Nigeria do not like any Governor or Head of MDAs that do not allow free reign of stealing. Civil Servants hate him is a euphemism for he is not allowing them to steal as much as they want. Ambode should be happy civil servants do not like him. He is in a good company with President Buhari who is also hated by the federal civil servants.

I have a reason to also hate Ambode too, but I do not elevate my personal interest above public interest. I got my Uncle to bid for 2 of the advertised Lagos 184 inner city roads last year. The tender was advertised twice, first in February 2017 and re-advertised in October 2017 because of vested interests within Lagos APC. My Uncle spent over Two million naira to prepare the tender twice. His company was shortlisted for two of the roads he bided for because he runs a successful construction firm. At the end Ambode still jettisoned the recommended and shortlisted contractors and awarded the contracts, due to unmitigated pressure on him, to the same APC Baba Isales and Iya Isales who are now vilifying him. I was livid and mad at Ambode. I called his aides and commissioners I know and abused him for deceiving over 1000 contractors who submitted tenders for the road projects.

Would that make me blind to his good works in Lagos? No way.

I am happy he has not dropped out of the race for APC ticket in Lagos despite enormous pressure on him to do so.

Akinwumi Ambode, if you must die tomorrow, fight and die like a warrior with your honour.

Those contracts were to his friends! Just like people were thinking the new company that was to manage waste in Lagos belongs to Tinubu, only to discover that Ambode brought the company.

Epe people will never forget him. He has tried.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Cajal(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
PassingShot:
This is looking like a lost battle for Ambode.

Let him just quit already. If as a sitting governor, you cannot get enough party leaders and members to die for your candidacy, you actually failed the party.

Commiserations!
...u got it right sir
He might have failed the party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by globemoney: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Kai, that 419 public relations apology......igbo will never learn. Elite in another man's land?
Which of the so called elites (mere refugees) has been invited into government?
419 apology lol.. do you know what is 100% unreserved apology? When I say elite, I mean the economic power continue crying
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by mfm04622: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
pawesome:
really...hence godfathers will have a lavish time with the youths

Those that don't accept fact will continue to deceive themselves. It is because Ambode did not realize this truth that party comes first, that is why he is in this mess.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by deomelo: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
Obviously, Ambode is not only incompetent, he fukkked up majorly somewhere, but the party is so far not willing to share that info.

My best guess is the N1 Trillion budget and the N900 billion before that and what he did with that money.

The Vision scape issue and why he disbanded LAWMA and wasted LAWMA's Multi Billion infrastructure, skilled waste management manpower.
in favor of a failed foreign company with not even a wheelbarrow on the ground.

The useless man disbanded well established LAWMA, the best waste management agency in Nigeria his predecessors built up and invited Vision scape with zero money and tools to do the job, but useless ambode issued N50 billion bond and irrevocable contract for vision scape to finance their operations with so in case of any default, Lagosians are must pay N85 billion.

Right now, Ambode is paying vision scape over N1 billion per month, but Lagosians still have mountains of trash up an down their streets.

Vision scape is obviously a scam and looting mechanism.

This is another reason why Ambode must go

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by hisprinceship: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
Check Lagos TV and Channels too

Its started

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by AlhajaChinyere: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
globemoney:

419 apology lol.. do you know what is 100% unreserved apology? When I say elite, I mean the economic power continue crying

Economic power that cannot be deployed to prosper your own land and region?

Abeg go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Shotunde88: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
The press conference is now live on Channels TV

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
Airforce01:
Ambode is been disgraced the same way he disgraced a man of God by throwing him and his family out of his residence because he didn't give his wife a preferential treatment during communion.

You can not fight God and win , Ambode .

You're gone .
Nor mind am yeye governor.....never underestimate the power of God, touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm. Ambode have harm God. When you disgrace the man of God you disgrace God.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by gbigbega: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
World conference is taking place now in Channels
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by tinsel: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
The conference looks childish. I am watching.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Johnnyessence(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
mfm04622:

Those contracts were to his friends! Just like people were thinking the new company that was to manage waste in Lagos belongs to Tinubu, only to discover that Ambode brought the company.

Epe people will never forget him. He has tried.
he has huge votes in epe axis, majorly in his senatorial zone.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Johnnyessence(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
gbigbega:
World conference is taking place now in Channels
screenshot the pictures of the press conference.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by bennie1980(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode is live on channels tv
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by rebranded(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode is angry!

I see this man leaving APC.

They need to shut this down...Ambode will regret this press conference.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by tinsel: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
Here him- primary is taking place tomorrow, but he is yet to receive the registrar or even know the guideline. What a mess. And he is going for primary tomorrow.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Kayharry(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
screenshot the pictures of the press conference.

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Johnnyessence(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=Kayharry post=71661151][/quote] please what's he saying? Apc tvc channel isn't showing it ooooooo.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by seborrhic: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Let's hear him,the drowning man,first.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Johnnyessence(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
bennie1980:
Ambode is live on channels tv
what's he saying jare?
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Kayharry(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
please what's he saying? Apc tvc channel isn't showing it ooooooo.
he intends to run for the governorship in tomorow primarIes and he is not stepping down

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode messed up with this press conference.

I was sympathetic to him before but now I'm against him.

That press conference is childish. He should have fixed things in the background and he has lost it

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman / Drone Pictures Of Senator Dino Melaye's Awareness Campaign In Kaba / INEC Electoral Officer Related To Akpabio Nab With Results And Ballot Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.