Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts (3750 Views)

Bloggers Hop In For Sponsored Posts / I Need Nigerian Blogs For Sponsored Posts - 2k Per Post (minimum) / Amazing Ways To Get Sponsored Posts For Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 01, 2018
Every blog have their price for it, including the almighty Techcrunch, and Google hasn't penalized them yet
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by wwwmaster: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2018
questechie:

Name any popular blog that doesn't do sponsored post and I would send you a #1000 recharge card of any network now. cool
Wow! #1000 recharged card? Thanks for the gracious offer but you can keep it.
If you actually read what I posted above you will see where I mentioned NO-FOLLOW.

My point being that this your campaign on sponsored post based on domain authority does not make sense. Google will certainly penalize any blog that promote sponsored link and perse the link juice, it's the same thing as link selling which is against Google ranking policy. I am sure I clearly read this from Matt Cutts a few years ago.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 01, 2018
wwwmaster:

Wow! #1000 recharged card? Thanks for the gracious offer but you can keep it.
If you actually read what I posted above you will see where I mentioned NO-FOLLOW.

My point being that this your campaign on sponsored post based on domain authority does not make sense. Google will certainly penalize any blog that promote sponsored link and perse the link juice, it's the same thing as link selling which is against Google ranking policy. I am sure I clearly read this from Matt Cutts a few years ago.
You are the one that brought "dofollow" to the thread, all I mentioned is that high domain authority is required to attract sponsors, and besides some product reviews don't even mandate you to make link dofollow. But I still maintains all popular blogs do give dofollow links to sponsor for a price and haven't been penalized by Google; quality contents outweighs all other considerations.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 01, 2018
In fact, I can give you some keywords to Google and they are sponsored posts on my blog with dofollow links, but still topping on SERP! If you care to see them reach me on whatsapp, Google doesn't penalize quality content because of dofollow link, my friend! cool
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2018
To be cautious of whom you give back link, however is recommended! cool
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by yomalex(m): 7:00am On Oct 01, 2018
Well done Questechie cool

1 Like

Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by wwwmaster: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2018
questechie:

You are the one that brought "dofollow" to the thread, all I mentioned is that high domain authority is required to attract sponsors, and besides some product reviews don't even mandate you to make link dofollow. But I still maintains all popular blogs do give dofollow links to sponsor for a price and haven't been penalized by Google; quality contents outweighs all other considerations.
Name one please and don't tell me we should listen to you instead of Matt Cutts. Matt explicitly warned against it.
Google hates the concept of buying your way to the top ranking. If there should be sponsored post it shouldn't be for seo purposes which makes fun of your domain authority concept.

I've seen this trend destroy many top blogs and others are now rejecting sponsored reviews with do follow linking.
Go and ask John Chow, he'll tell you from the first hand experience how Google destroyed his blog because of this.
Johnchow.com was I super blog I admired as of 2007 till Google slapped his blog to grave.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by wwwmaster: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2018
Don't think it's necessary to drag this, read from Google's mouth
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/sponsored-conversations/
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2018
wwwmaster:
Don't think it's necessary to drag this, read from Google's mouth
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/sponsored-conversations/
Chief, I've read that before you even know it exists! cool
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2018
You said you've seen blogs affected by simply giving out links, well I can authoritatively tell you the problem wasn't because of the link (maybe linking to bad neighbourhood or inappropriate link, that is, if you know what that means); go and read more about link building.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by wwwmaster: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2018
questechie:

Chief, I've read that before you even know it exists! cool
Before I even know it existed?
You are joking, right?

Do I sound like yesterday webmaster to you?
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Jacktheripper: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2018
questechie:
In fact, I can give you some keywords to Google and they are sponsored posts on my blog with dofollow links, but still topping on SERP! If you care to see them reach me on whatsapp, Google doesn't penalize quality content because of dofollow link, my friend! cool

Sorry this is not about sponsored post but Twitter ads. Please when running Twitter ads, are you charged before or after running ads?
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by fastseo: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2018
Even linderikeji do sponsored post, nairaland here do sponsored post.
You don't have to advertise it, but if your blog is doing well via traffic and ranking they will contact you.

SEO expert and marketers are on web daily search for websites they can place some post/ads.

I have got a few contact but you will njoy it if your blog get foreign traffic.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Cyberl33t: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
Op what is the DA of ur blog?
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2018
Cyberl33t:
Op what is the DA of ur blog?
Currently 37
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2018
Jacktheripper:

Sorry this is not about sponsored post but Twitter ads. Please when running Twitter ads, are you charged before or after running ads?
Of course, the amount you wish to spend is paid before the ads can go live!
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Cyberl33t: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2018
questechie:

Currently 37
And I have a domain of that has a PA of 40 and DA of 30 staying idle

What should I do with that domain... Biko suggest for me.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Cyberl33t:

And I have a domain of that has a PA of 40 and DA of 30 staying idle

What should I do with that domain... Biko suggest for me.
If you don't intend to develop a site on it, then simply flip it! Many buyers are looking for such domain, the DA alone is great advantage.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
questechie:

First, you should learn how to address people properly.

You find being called a DUDE offensive? Nawa ooh

Perhaps he should have used SIR lol
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by dogstyle007(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
Interesting
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by henryobinna(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
questechie:

Mostly, the SEO companies are after blogs with high domain authority, from DA 35 and above, they send articles to you to publish with a link back to their client for a fee!
Hi bro, what tool do you use to check DA of a site, I mean a correct tool oh. The one I know is crap
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
henryobinna:
Hi bro, what tool do you use to check DA of a site, I mean a correct tool oh. The one I know is crap
The best DA checking tool remains that provided by Moz here: https://moz.com/link-explorer

You need to register a free account and you will get 10 query per month for the free account.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by henryobinna(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
questechie:

The best DA checking tool remains that provided by Moz here: https://moz.com/link-explorer

You need to register a free account and you will get 10 query per month for the free account.
Thanks
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Samboizz: 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 03, 2018
wwwmaster:

Name one please and don't tell me we should listen to you instead of Matt Cutts. Matt explicitly warned against it.
Google hates the concept of buying your way to the top ranking. If there should be sponsored post it shouldn't be for seo purposes which makes fun of your domain authority concept.

I've seen this trend destroy many top blogs and others are now rejecting sponsored reviews with do follow linking.
Go and ask John Chow, he'll tell you from the first hand experience how Google destroyed his blog because of this.
Johnchow.com was I super blog I admired as of 2007 till Google slapped his blog to grave.
Nothing can stop sponsored posts, as long as bloggers need to monetize, and if dofollow links are required to rank and we all need it, would getting it at a cost be any different! Even Google has been caught sponsoring a post! grin
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by wwwmaster: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2018
questechie:

Nothing can stop sponsored posts, as long as bloggers need to monetize, and if dofollow links are required to rank and we all need it, would getting it at a cost be any different! Even Google has been caught sponsoring a post! grin
Your last line is correct though.
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
wwwmaster:

Your last line is correct though.
cool
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by newworldelite(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
Can A Sub Domain Have A High DA
Re: Ask The Owner Of Questechie.com Questions On Sponsored Posts by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
newworldelite:
Can A Sub Domain Have A High DA
Sub domains are given the DA of the root domain, except .com subdomains.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHP Simple Puzzle / How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings / Wordpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.