Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos (49151 Views)

Adamawa Gets First Flyover 30 Years After Creation / The True State Of The Enugu International Airport - Eze Pee-Cee Shares Photos / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AutoReportNG: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Imo indigenes are hard working and born hustlers. If you are fortunate to have one as a friend, then be ready to work all day. Some pictures have been trending on social media about the poor state of Imo first flyover. According to reports, the bridge was initiated by Ohakim and completed by Gov. Rochas, it was reported that the bridge is located at Amakohia new road junction.

The pictures shows the bad maintenance and state of the bridge. AutoReportNG did some findings and according to Channels Television, the bridge was commissioned in 2016 by Gov. Rochas, the govenor said the idea of the flyover is to decongest traffic gridlock experienced within the state capital.

These are some of the pictures from the bridge.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-8KwemxqHLG8/W7DRa4lOn6I/AAAAAAAAU0M/FZwxWzvAAO8NhsygQUB8KMJn2NVlKyKzwCLcBGAs/s1600/42794272_2137216712964499_5883813992442363904_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-IC2YnfgmdG0/W7DRdKtarCI/AAAAAAAAU0Y/jVlQ-NkqCms_8x3NehMJ5ulxZEMtFryHgCLcBGAs/s1600/42821299_2137216509631186_2107149751857184768_n.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/09/see-state-of-imo-first-flyover-photos.html

1 Like

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AutoReportNG: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Whats your take? Lets hear from you Imolites..

See more pictures here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/09/see-state-of-imo-first-flyover-photos.html

2 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AlhajaChinyere: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
This is sad! Sad!

I came here to muck the igbos but on reflection this is a sad sad state of our country and our mentality as a people. What is the use of building all these flashy houses and buying exotic cars for? if we as a people cannot build our public infrastructure.

All the stolen money are spent recklessly on useless and inconsequential consumer products for Christ sake

What are we posing and bigging up on each other for?

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AlhajaChinyere: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Shelumiel: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
I am not from Imo state , but I cannot help but to say , that this flyover, is just a piece of garbage constructed with insufficient building materials .

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by wingmanII: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
It will never be well for Okorocha and his senseless supporters

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Vicboi1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
I reside at imo all i can say is that Rochas has destroyed imolite with his substandard road projects everywhere imagine giving a contract to a faceless company what do you expect in imo no road is good ROCHAS has destroyed imo state soon you would hear that that bridge has collapsed

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by annnikky(f): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Apc, okorocha and substandard equipment are like bread and butter undecided

36 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by DeWisedon(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
this one is even good sef,
Njaba bridge has divided into two.

I know this will make frontpage

12 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AutoReportNG: 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
DeWisedon:
this one is even good sef,

Njaba bridge has divided into two.

I know this will make frontpage

Pls where is this bridge?

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by vanndubi: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
I blame COREN and NSE for not flagging up the many poor design and construction works in Imo state especially, in the interest of public safety.
PerfectlyPerfect:

They actually have. They declared this bridge unfit for vehicular use because it was structurally substandard but Rochas didn't listen
Reference:

Oh COREN did try but the government declared them persona non grata. It was all over the news for days then.
AK481:

They did
fergie001:

They have...
They made a public statement on that,
Infact not only this,they sited other roads too that didn't meet minimum requirements and were emphatic on the bad state of many roads in Imo state,including this flyover...
You know how Oga emperor behaves now..."I don't care"

Cc: Xander85

I'm aware of their "public statement". Public statements would do nothing to bring back to life those who would to killed in an event of structural collapse.

Coren esp. (we may forgive NSE) has been empowered by law to act like inec did recently by declaring an election inconclusive (and all parties followed their lead).

Those projects were supervised by coren registered engineers both on government and contractor sides. So coren can start with de-registration of those engineers and we'll see what happens next.

20 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by vanndubi: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Pls where is this bridge?

It's like it is the one across Okigwe road by Glass house.

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by clarocuzioo(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
This is very pathetic, Rochas is a disaster, a calamity and a tsunami that befell the good people of Imo state.
I was weeping for this country when some ignorant entities were shouting that he Should be made the president of Igbo extraction, simply because of party sentiments.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Xander85: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
annnikky:
Apc, okorocha and substandard equipment are like bread and butter undecided

Thought you would have said 'bread and beans'! Even 'banana and groundnut' would have sufficed! shocked

It's been a long time bread and planta has been a regular feature on the breakfast table of many Nigerians! lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by SimplePlan34: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
Igbo amaka
Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Xander85: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
vanndubi:
I blame COREN and NSE for not flagging up the many poor design and construction works in Imo state especially, in the interest of public safety.

Spot on!

If many of these regulatory bodies were up and doing instead of trying to suck up to gov't, then we wouldn't be having as many poorly designed and constructed projects all over the place! Even the high incidence of building collapse would be drastically reduced!

11 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by odogwu125: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
Afonja's favourite governor in the east. He will blame acid rain

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Almaiga: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hmm East again, No good news from that part of this Country.

Biafrans, WHY? grin

4 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by annnikky(f): 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
Xander85:

Thought you would have said 'bread and beans'! Even 'banana and groundnut' would have sufficed! shocked

It's been a long time bread and planta has been a regular feature on the breakfast table of many Nigerians! lipsrsealed
Lol..those ones are even better than the substandard equipment he used in imo na

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by fergie001: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
vanndubi:
They have...
They made a public statement on that,
Infact not only this,they sited other roads too that didn't meet minimum requirements and were emphatic on the bad state of many roads in Imo state,including this flyover...
You know how Oga emperor behaves now..."I don't care"

Cc: Xander85

11 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Soulsymbol99: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
No Sane person should fly dat tin undecided dnt trust Okorocha n his engineers grin

8 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Guestlander: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shoddy job. I've never seen a pothole on a bridge before.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Omeokachie: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
Okorocha is the best performing APC governor.

APC wants him to take over after the lifeless one.

5 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by abbeyty(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nigerian politicians and shabby jobs are like 5&6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by AK481(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
vanndubi:

They did
Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Exponental(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Flyover with potholes Okorocha is working!!!!
Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by bigtt76(f): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Baba Rochas say na acid rain kwa grin
Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
grin Its funny that this flyover wasn't even used yet there are potholes everywhere... Rocha's!! Rocha's!!! They'll soon come to tell us how Rocha's is hated just cause he's an APC member

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
and this guy want to be our presdient undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by EggSauce(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
I'm not dissing anybody but I said this when osun election was declared inconclusive and igbo people carry am for head that... Average igbo person as alot to be bothered about in their than poke nosing on whatever happens in South West... They call northerners cows but u need to visit Kano and see their flyovers or visit katsina and see their Good roads... I will repeat myself again... Every right thinking igbo person should face their region and hold their useless governors accountable for their chronic under development than coming online insulting other regions better than them

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos by lawrence35(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
It is well with Imo state.

Start dropshipping for huge profit.
See my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Africa & Nigeria Make Up Largest African Population In The UK (PIX) / Inside A Private Boeing 767 Chartered By Saudi Ambassador That Costs N10.8m/hr / What Will You Do if you find your international passport like this? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.