Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (61926 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by DanG1(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2018
BRAZIL.

I see someone has shared his experience on life in Brazil and I am sure he lives in São Paulo City.

I have relocated to Brazil for more than 5 years now and before relocation I used to visit randomly in the past years.
One thing is life in São Paulo city is different from all other parts of Brazil as São Paulo is the entry point to Brazil so we have different people and culture and all kinds of mishaps. And my friends in São Paulo experience all this negativity.

I live in Ribeirão Preto city in São Paulo state and it's very different, all the interior cities in Brazil are better than São Paulo in terms of way of life, living habits and sure Brazilians are so nice, welcoming and very family oriented.

You should know that Brazil was just like Nigéria some years ago but their development has been rapid and good, can't be compared with Europe or the North America but they have done fine for themselves and are still growing.

Learning the language like everyone has said is key but not a huge barrier. I love the fact that I can control so many things in my life unlike while I was in Nigeria. I can control my income and my expenditures, plan my plan, have good utilities, healthcare, security, transportation etc.

Education wise Brazilians don't like to study even though all public universities are free. And the government has partnership with Nigeria to bring in Pharmacist for research work in their universities and the government pays them for this period of stay.

I have lived and visited these other countries: CHILE, USA, SPAIN, ITALY, GERMANY, SWEDEN, GHANA, EGYPT, MOROCCO, SAUDI ARABIA, YEMEN, INDIA, VIETNAM, BENIN, TOGO and transits through some others.

I love Nigeria but will only visit when I can because the faaji can never be like any other place but I will never make the mistake of relocating back there.

I am investing in Nigeria because you can get huge returns in short term and will always come to check them my PADI and enjoy the diversity and craze.
But all these places I have visited are offer better systems than Nigeria, give you an opportunity to be what you want to be unlike Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria and God bless every other country that has given me the opportunity to have a better life.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by SweetyZinta(f): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2018
Badgers14:

Well, while choosing a country to relocate to, the very first thing to check is the immigration system.

I wouldn't advise anyone to relocate permanently to any country without having the right document. The amount of suffering is just too much for undocumented individuals.

Just research proper, I know a little bit about Luxembourg that it takes a long time to become a citizen unlike U.S . And you must be proficient in their language.

Language is a must anyways for better survival. Your survival chances are great if you learn to speak the language of the host country.

I am particularly grateful for the priceless information you gave me about this issue. I can't thank you enough. I will put it all into consideration. God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by COOL10(m): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2018
MrMakaveli20:

as in, the name and comment weak me. let' him continue standing with Buhari. He's not going anywhere
. He gats suffer this suffer with us grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2018
britiko:

Yeah. Good for you. My brother was also there temporarily for his Masters.He moved to Canny.
The work ethics was not cool by him. Too long work hrs.(14 hrs or something ridiculous)
Your brother tried a lot to have stayed here for that long. If I had come here for education or on a personal ground, I'd have jumped into the next available flight out of this place. Seoul is a great place but not my kind of a great place. My job has taken me to lots of countries even third world countries but at least I haven't been this mad at a posting. Even with an American passport, these guys still look down on a black man even when you're there to stake your neck for their pale looking asses.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by BiafraIShere(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

I'll only respond to only few of the points you raised because the rest aren't worthy of reply.

1. You said you only served at one of the northern states years back, so that'd not give you the true picture of everything. Because I assumed you've only been to one northern state some years back.

2. Saying the only staple food used in the southern part is garri, imported rice and crayfish is false because I know 100 of trucks transport Beans, Yam, Livestock vegetables etc to the southern part. If you doubt please ask those that engage in such business where they usually get their goods from.

3. You mentioned that northerners don't own houses down south and they live in shanties. Yes, you're correct the reason is, an average northerner doesn't build a house outside north no matter how rich he's. Can you mentioned rich northern politicians that own a house in the south? most of them build their houses in Kaduna and Kano or Abuja which they regard as headquarters of northern Nigeria. There's a reason why they don't build houses at the southern part and I don't want to go in to that.

4. You said the northerners are docile hence their reason of not traveling out, well you are wrong with such assumption. I have a lot of northern friend that studied at United States and other European countries but they chooses to come back home and set up a business after their studies. I'll give two examples of people I've interacted with that studied abroad and chooses to come back home. A guy I met at Kaduna main market selling textile that studied software engineering at Milwaukee school of engineering in the U.S. and chooses to come back home instead of staying back even thou he had the opportunity of staying back but he chooses to come back home. I also met a lady that studied medicine at Canada and after her studies she came back and working at murtala Muhammed hospital Kano at present. And many others. If you doubt, ask any one you know from Kano or Kaduna about the number of students that studied abroad yearly and always come back home after their studies.

Even some European and American embassies check names before issuing visa. It is more easier for a person bearing northern name to secure a visa because they knew they'd not stay back in their countries after their studies or vacation. I'm not saying this based on assumption because I've a lot of friends that secure visa without much stress.

5. You said someone can not travel on the northern highway without being killed or kidnapped by militias or insurgents. That's not true because I've been frequenting those roads you mentioned every month and I didn't witness anything like that even once. The insurgency you mentioned, they usually carry out their atrocities between Nigeria Chad/Cameron border fringes and far from the main cities.

I'll attach some of the pictures I snapped at Maiduguri during my visit last month.

Lol, you are gradually becoming funny.
Did you read and understood what I wrote earlier? I said I served in the north, once lived in Abuja and have visited some other areas, I don't have to visit all the northern states and towns before I can know what is happening there!
On your 2nd paragraph, you also missed the point. You said that north supplies 80% of the food consumed in the South and I told you it's a fallacy because the major staple food consumed in the South is garri, rice, yam, cocoyam, vegetables etc and they are largely sourced in the South with others imported. What the north supplies to the south is mainly onions, tomatoes, and a few others while items like livestock and beans are gotten from the north, Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso etc. Now how does these items constitute 80% or you just throw figures about carelessly??

On your third paragraph, thanks for acknowledging the fact that northerners live in shanties all over the south. Again, have you asked yourself how Nigeria would have looked like if Igbos in north as well as Yorubas and other Southerners all chose to live in shanties across the north just like the northerners do in the South?? The whole country would have been filled with slums and the GDP would have been far lower than what it is currently!! When you buy land and develop standard structures or at least rent, you are helping the economy to grow unlike when you live in unsightly shanties!! If Nigeria is not a fake country don't I don't see any reason why rich northerners won't build standard structures in the South. Whatever their reason is, is antithetical to national development, divisive, selfish and parochial.

On your 4th paragraph, you ended up validating my earlier statement that northerners are docile, unambitious and timid. Just look at the examples you are giving as case studies shocked shocked Jesus Christ, how on earth can someone attend Milwaukee school of engineering and studied a high in demand course like software engineering only for him to return to the north and be selling textile materials This is absolute waste of resources, time and money and he ought to be ashamed of himself, no pun intended!! About your second example, this is a common phenomenon because there are thousands of Southerners who studied in the UK and other Western countries who returned afterwards to look for jobs in Nigeria.

Lol, your statement about embassies looking at names and giving Northerners visa than Southerners is nothing but beer parlor gist and fallacy of hasty generalization. Embassies grant visa based on individual reasons for wanting the visa and if they appear genuine enough. I have a brother and sister that were granted visa to the US this year and they have Igbo and Christian names!! This assumption lacks merit and should be thrown into the trash bin until we have strong evidence to back it up.

On your final paragraph, again read what I wrote earlier, this time more slowly. You said north is safe and I asked how is that so when you can't travel on the roads without risking being killed or kidnapped?? What about the killings currently going on a daily basis in states like Plateau, Kaduna, Benue, Taraba, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, Zamfara etc or are these not northern states?? What about the former army general who was recently kidnapped and killed while he was on his way to Bauchi?? What about the MTN engineer who was also killed in similar fashion not long ago among others?? How do you explain that more people died in Northern Nigeria this year alone than war torn Syria?? So much for peaceful North.

Now, this is ridiculous, has it gotten to the level of posting two pictures of Maiduguri, and what is spectacular about those pictures?? What point exactly do you want to prove with those mediocre pictures?? FYI, Borno is still receiving its monthly allocations as well as more extra budgets being allocated to it in the name of fighting boko Haram not to mention foreign aids through NGO's.

Northern Nigeria including its leaders and the people are the reason why Nigeria is in this mess and has refused to develop!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by XaintJoel20: 10:36am On Oct 02, 2018
Rubyventures:

Why don't you invite her for a visit instead of a stay as that seems a bit scary for her at the moment. make sure she has a return ticket.

I am not the one inviting her. It's her cousin in US who invited her and plan to help her have a residential and work permit.

I have done my best in convincing her that she has a great future ahead of her in America, but she is adamant. Her defence is that she has great plans here in Nigeria.

I am here in Nigeria doing my little legitimate hustling.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by XaintJoel20: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2018
Temple1288:

She doesn't want to leave you? Why exactly did she turn down the offer?
She says she has great plans here in Nigeria.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by XaintJoel20: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2018
babeosisi:

It's really her choice
Not everyone wants to live in the USA

That's the problem. She doesn't want to live outside Nigeria because of her plans.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Rubyventures: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2018
XaintJoel20:

I am not the one inviting her. It's her cousin in US who invited her and plan to help her have a residential and work permit.

I have done my best in convincing her that she has a great future ahead of her in America, but she is adamant. Her defence is that she has great plans here in Nigeria.

I am here in Nigeria doing my little legitimate hustling.

Now you're talking. "Where the heart is lies thy treasure" She doesn't want to be away from you. Don't put pressure on her. Its not everyone that makes it in US.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Avedonn: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Did you read and understood what I wrote earlier? I said I served in the north, once lived in Abuja and have visited some other areas, I don't have to visit all the northern states and towns before I can know what is happening there!
On your 2nd paragraph, you also missed the point. You said that north supplies 80% of the food consumed in the South and I told you it's a fallacy because the major staple food consumed in the South is garri, rice, yam, cocoyam, vegetables etc and they are largely sourced in the South with others imported. What the north supplies to the south is mainly onions, tomatoes, and a few others while items like livestock and beans are gotten from the north, Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso etc. Now how does these items constitute 80% or you just throw figures about carelessly??

On your third paragraph, thanks for acknowledging the fact that northerners live in shanties all over the south. Again, have you asked yourself how Nigeria would have looked like if Igbos in north as well as Yorubas and other Southerners all chose to live in shanties across the north just like the northerners do in the South?? The whole country would have been filled with slums and the GDP would have been far lower than what it is currently!! When you buy land and develop standard structures or at least rent, you are helping the economy to grow unlike when you live in unsightly shanties!! If Nigeria is not a fake country don't I don't see any reason why rich northerners won't build standard structures in the South. Whatever their reason is, is antithetical to national development, divisive, selfish and parochial.

On your 4th paragraph, you ended up validating my earlier statement that northerners are docile, unambitious and timid. Just look at the examples you are giving as case studies shocked shocked Jesus Christ, how on earth can someone attend Milwaukee school of engineering and studied a high in demand course like software engineering only for him to return to the north and be selling textile materials This is absolute waste of resources, time and money and he ought to be ashamed of himself, no pun intended!! About your second example, this is a common phenomenon because there are thousands of Southerners who studied in the UK and other Western countries who returned afterwards to look for jobs in Nigeria.

Lol, your statement about embassies looking at names and giving Northerners visa than Southerners is nothing but beer parlor gist and fallacy of hasty generalization. Embassies grant visa based on individual reasons for wanting the visa and if they appear genuine enough. I have a brother and sister that were granted visa to the US this year and they have Igbo and Christian names!! This assumption lacks merit and should be thrown into the trash bin until we have strong evidence to back it up.

On your final paragraph, again read what I wrote earlier, this time more slowly. You said north is safe and I asked how is that so when you can't travel on the roads without risking being killed or kidnapped?? What about the killings currently going on a daily basis in states like Plateau, Kaduna, Benue, Taraba, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, Zamfara etc or are these not northern states?? What about the former army general who was recently kidnapped and killed while he was on his way to Bauchi?? What about the MTN engineer who was also killed in similar fashion not long ago among others?? How do you explain that more people died in Northern Nigeria this year alone than war torn Syria?? So much for peaceful North.

Now, this is ridiculous, has it gotten to the level of posting two pictures of Maiduguri, and what is spectacular about those pictures?? What point exactly do you want to prove with those mediocre pictures?? FYI, Borno is still receiving its monthly allocations as well as more extra budgets being allocated to it in the name of fighting boko Haram not to mention foreign aids through NGO's.

Northern Nigeria including its leaders and the people are the reason why Nigeria is in this mess and has refused to develop!!

You are the one contradicting yourself instead. When you had the opportunity to travel out what stops from taking the chance?

Same reason that stopped you from traveling out is the same reason that made them came back home.

And because the guy trade textile that makes him worthless?
Your kind of opinion depicts a clear contrast between southerners and northerners. A typical northerner follow his passion and aspiration instead of material things.

My friend, everything is not about money sometimes happiness matters a lot.

Do you know that some people go to school not because they want to secure a job but rather to fulfill all righteousness?

Secondly, saying the livestock and staple food that are transported to southern Nigeria comes from Niger and Chad say a lot about your kind of mindset. So no need to further discuss about this issue because you've already programmed your mind to only accept conjectural facts.

Lol.. saying southeasters resides in high brow areas up north shows that you have limited knowledge of the northern way of life. Let me elucidate a bit about this point.

There's differences between how the Yorubas live their life in the north and how the other southerners live their life especially igbos.

The yourubas assimilate easily with the northern population and own properties but igbos segregate themselves and live in isolation in slump areas called "Sabon gari." If you doubt ask anyone that truly live in northern Nigeria and he or she will tell you the true picture of things.

Majority of those Hausas you see here in south are illiterate looking for their daily bread just like how you'll come across a southerner up north doing menial job just to keep body and soul together. And majority of the Hausas you see aren't even Nigerians. They are from Niger and Chad because they have same lingua franca with the Hausas.

Are you sure you read what I typed earlier? If you did, you wont be saying people are killed on daily basis up north. Yes there's crisis in some part of Jos between the natives and Hausas periodically but that doesn't mean it's a constant thing.

I don't know where you are residing but I believe you are confined to only your geographical area. You don't travel much because if you do, you won't be saying all this.

I travel mostly by road from south to most part of the north on monthly basis and I've never experience any attack or killings as you claimed is rampant up north.

You are trying to paint a false picture of northern Nigeria as a volatile region which is not true I've told you in my previous post that even the boko haram insurgency only take place between Cameroon and Chad border fringes. If you doubt please ask anyone that resides at the north and he or she will corroborate what I said.

You said you once lived at Abuja but what you fail to realize is Abuja is a nodal town between North and Southern part of the country.

If you don't mind I'll like you to give a succinct description of the places you claim to visit up north so as to buttress your claim.

Lastly, I only attached the picture to give clarity to my points. I'd have attach more but the picture are somehow heavy.

I am not trying to look down on any part of the country because they all have their strategic importance. I just want you to change your conjectural perception about the north.

And one thing you fail to understand is those residing abroad identify themselves as Nigerians and see themselves as brothers and sisters before region of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Brownhypo: 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ssalk:
Where will I start from? Well born in Naija but I have travel alot.

Africa
I have been to republic of Niger what I see there is suffering. I have been To Algiers, Constantine and Oran all in Algeria. They should be best address as europeans cos the place is well planned and neat. I have been to Ghana, Benin republic, Togo and Ivory coast.

Europe.
I have been to Paris France and Monaco, I have been to Milano, Rome and Torino all in Italy, I live in Geneva and Zurich in Switzerland as well as Warsaw in Poland. In addition I visited Frankfurt and Munich in Germany and spend couple of days in Norway.

America
I did my Master in California U.S.A, and visited other couple if cities in U.Sa. I have also been to Cacun In Mexico.

Asia.
Spend my 2010 holiday in Kualar Lumpur in Malaysia.

Middle East.

Qatar.

Life in U.S.A is ok but you are mostly on your own as every body is always busy. Man gat to pay bills you know.
Swiss life is very cool but expensive . You better avoid anything that will land you into police trouble.

Polish life is cheap but no much work but their girls are very pretty

All these countries except Niger republic, Benin and Togo are all better than Nigeria 1000percent.

Thank you.
With all due respect, if you can help me out of Nigeria, I'd be very grateful. the suffering here is pretty harsh. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Contumely: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
Krucifax:

Regarding your first question about Cold.
It is very very very very bad. To put in perspective when last did you hear that a large number of people died of heat in Nigeria? Now here in Europe it's a normal thing for people to routinely die of cold weather EVERY year. Although the majority of deaths are old and infirm people.

Basically at the start of the winter season if you go to any hospital or chemist, you will see them advertising health campaigns to remind people to get something called a "flu shot". This is a yearly thing,it's like an inoculation against catching the flu due to cold.
If you fall asleep outside during a harsh winter day there are high chances you will not wake up. Many homeless people die like that every year over here.
During harsh winter days if you go outside without gloves,a hat or thermals you'll start to feel pain in your finger tips and they'll also feel numb. Also your ear lobes will feel like there's someone sticking pins at the top of your ear. Not considering things like cough and catarh because those are normal in winter for everyone.

Regarding your second question.
It's very rare to see anyone "building" a house abroad. 99.9% of people buy houses via mortgage. They'll only give you this after an affordability and income test and credit check. You also have to leave a sizeable deposit.

Regarding your third question.
I can only speak for where I live at the moment. The government coffers are pretty tight currently. We also have a conservative government who are pretty harsh. As such pension payments are very meagre. On top of that they are gradually increasing the retirement age.
Meaning you'll have to wait longer before retiring and claiming your pension.
This presents unique problems for people of colour.
Number one it means statistically some people will not get to receive any of their pension before they die as they increase the age. Meaning they've saved money.
Number two it means for many people they will still legally be of working age but unable to find work because of age discrimination (employers thinking they're too old)but also they can not claim pension (because gov't says they're not old enough).

Now through into this mix that it's hard enough to find work as a young,fit,able and educated black person.
Imagine how hard it'll be to look for work in your 60s as a black man or woman against younger natives.

You might say well find a job and don't leave. Well they have that covered too. There's something called seasonal company restructuring. Most companies here in Europe restructure either departments or the whole company every so often. This to save cost, meet changing technology or legislation amongst many other reasons. During these exercises they normally get rid of staff they consider dead weight.
It works like this, a department with 10 staff currently will be restructured. All roles will be terminated and instead of 10 roles being recreated they'll make it 7 roles in the new structure. Now everyone has to reapply for their jobs! No matter what happens 3 people will be made redundant.
This is one of the ways they respectfully and in a civilised manner show you the door.

In summary you have to plan ahead. Many of us abroad already know this.

Enlightening.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Jamestown123: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

You are the one contradicting yourself instead. When you had the opportunity to travel out what stops from taking the chance?

Same reason that stopped you from traveling out is the same reason that made them came back home.

And because the guy trade textile that makes him worthless?
Your kind of opinion depicts a clear contrast between southerners and northerners. A typical northerner follow his passion and aspiration instead of material things.

My friend, everything is not about money sometimes happiness matters a lot.

Do you know that some people go to school not because they want to secure a job but rather to fulfill all righteousness?

Secondly, saying the livestock and staple food that are transported to southern Nigeria comes from Niger and Chad say a lot about your kind of mindset. So no need to further discuss about this issue because you've already programmed your mind to only accept conjectural facts.

Lol.. saying southeasters resides in high brow areas up north shows that you have limited knowledge of the northern way of life. Let me elucidate a bit about this point.

There's differences between how the Yorubas live their life in the north and how the other southerners live their life especially igbos.

The yourubas assimilate easily with the northern population and own properties but igbos segregate themselves and live in isolation in slump areas called "Sabon gari." If you doubt ask anyone that truly live in northern Nigeria and he or she will tell you the true picture of things.

Majority of those Hausas you see here in south are illiterate looking for their daily bread just like how you'll come across a southerner up north doing menial job just to keep body and soul together. And majority of the Hausas you see aren't even Nigerians. They are from Niger and Chad because they have same lingua franca with the Hausas.

Are you sure you read what I typed earlier? If you did, you wont be saying people are killed on daily basis up north. Yes there's crisis in some part of Jos between the natives and Hausas periodically but that doesn't mean it's a constant thing.

I don't know where you are residing but I believe you are confined to only your geographical area. You don't travel much because if you do, you won't be saying all this.

I travel mostly by road from south to most part of the north on monthly basis and I've never experience any attack or killings as you claimed is rampant up north.

You are trying to paint a false picture of northern Nigeria as a volatile region which is not true I've told you in my previous post that even the boko haram insurgency only take place between Cameroon and Chad border fringes. If you doubt please ask anyone that resides at the north and he or she will corroborate what I said.

You said you once lived at Abuja but what you fail to realize is Abuja is a nodal town between North and Southern part of the country.

If you don't mind I'll like you to give a succinct description of the places you claim to visit up north so as to buttress your claim.

Lastly, I only attached the picture to give clarity to my points. I'd have attach more but the picture are somehow heavy.

I am not trying to look down on any part of the country because they all have their strategic importance. I just want you to change your conjectural perception about the north.

And one thing you fail to understand is those residing abroad identify themselves as Nigerians and see themselves as brothers and sisters before region of origin.
True talk. Everything u just said is the truth. Kano right now is one of the most safest State in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by ccollins(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
sacajawea:

You see most of those Commenting here rarely comment except when really Necessary they face reality are not Biased and Wicked like the This Political thuggeries on Politics, Celebrities romance etc.
When you have time send me a PM I will connect you to a Sure a Canada Visa Link
please me too, would need it.my email is collins4reall@gmail.com
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
VULCAN:
I have never eaten baked beans but I am sure it is not as good as ewa goin!

grin grin grin

Some people just cannot mind their own business.

His house is on fire but he won't leave because it is his home. Daft

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by IstandWitBuhari: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
COOL10:
. See your name,see your comment. Hypocrite undecided

wetin do my name?
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by tym92(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
Bishopp007:

Lol... you keep on trying na.... I applied 3times before i got mine.
can you please link me with a sure travelling agent or how do you think one can go about moving to U.S?
thanks.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Bishopp007: 1:57am On Oct 03, 2018
tym92:
can you please link me with a sure travelling agent or how do you think one can go about moving to U.S?
thanks.

Lol.... To be sincere, i filled the 3rd application by myself after two unsuccessful applications by so called agent.

It's something you can do by yourself unless you have extra money to throw away.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by lightwind(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
Temple1288:

There embassy is there in Abuja or Lagos
....Bleep off you Dick, I'm already in Alberta Canada...
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by mikron(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
Amberon1:
Ist travel was Europe and it was a very very nice experience. The people loved Africans. They loved that we could speak their language ( even though not fluently). The place was very welcoming and they sometimes gave us free foodstuff at the market and free rides to wherever we were going. I remember one particular woman who welcomed me into her house when my electricity was out. I needed to charge my phone but my charging port wasn't really good. She tried all available sockets just to ensure it was charging. She then began gisting me (in their language) about all her kids who were now married and were in other countries. She gave me nice fruits and even made coffee for me to drink as it was Winter. That was the day I ate the best fruit known to man. That had to be the fruit Adam and Eve ate, it was heavenly.

School was so much fun too, friendly lecturers, friendly secretary. Good learning environment. No stress, no lecturer failing you unjustly. First day of snow we all went out, played in the snow for hours taking lovely pictures.

I remember the first day we went to school without a guide. We all stopped at the wrong train station, got lost, asked for directions but due to the language barrier we were given the wrong directions so we ended up at the American embassy instead. Going back home was even worse. On our way we were already lost not knowing what train station to alight when we met a Nigerian who claimed to have been there for long. He gave us wrong directions again and we ended up lost again. We then decided we trek until we see road signs that show we were going in the right direction. That was when one of my friends sighted a saloon where she had been to a few days earlier. It was owned by a Nigerian and she gave us the proper direction home.

I had many wonderful experiences including signing authographs because some of them had never seen black people before.

My experiences cannot contain even a whole book so I'll just stop here.

Second country was UAE.

It is when you leave this country that you'll realize that Nigeria is worse than hell fire.
ur first travel was Europe, which country u didn't tell us, is Europe a country? this ur story be as e get. Just wondering,
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by kasynlives: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
one of the best thread wey i don come across in this forum in recent times,so educative.
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by tym92(m): 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
Bishopp007:

Lol.... To be sincere, i filled the 3rd application by myself after two unsuccessful applications by so called agent.

It's something you can do by yourself unless you have extra money to throw away.
no extra money anywhere bro...
kindly put me through the more on how to start the whole things and I will be updating you..
tym92success@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Temple1288(m): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
lightwind:
....Bleep off you Dick, I'm already in Alberta Canada...

Okay
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by JohnnyAmhan: 7:41am On Oct 05, 2018
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by JohnnyAmhan: 7:46am On Oct 05, 2018
EVILFOREST:
grin grin
Do you mean LIFE outside the BIBLICAL HELL....?
Please for your Information, Nigeria shouldn’t be compared to AUSTRALIA, CANADA, USA, NORWAY, SWITZERLAND, UK...not even Sweden, China, Japan etc because it will be a sin to do so.

Compare Nigeria to countries that KICK STARTED with us same time.
Countries like Ghana, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Namibia.

In summary, ALASKA a state in the US is bigger than Nigeria....meanwhile the population of the US is 310 million while ours is 180million.
Are we not blessed...?? grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2018
BiafraIShere:

this guy sef

you just no like northern folks

despite their flaws, I will still stand by what I tell people that southern folks damaged this country much more than the northern folk

and I am a southern kid

And yes they supply most of our food, that's a fact, except you want to live in a fool's paradise

If you were in Lagos in 2009, you will know just how dependent we are on northern supplies.

The traders and transporters went on strike to protest exploitation and the whole of Lagos was in trouble

that's even Lagos

if they do same in the east, what will be our fate there?

Nigerians failed Nigeria

Shifting the blame to the north is being mischievous

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Amberon1: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2018
I said first travel, not first country. I never implied that Europe was a country.

It was Georgia. Bye!
mikron:
ur first travel was Europe, which country u didn't tell us, is Europe a country? this ur story be as e get. Just wondering,
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by BiafraIShere(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2018
Ugosample:

[s]this guy sef

you just no like northern folks

despite their flaws, I will still stand by what I tell people that southern folks damaged this country much more than the northern folk

and I am a southern kid

And yes they supply most of our food, that's a fact, except you want to live in a fool's paradise

If you were in Lagos in 2009, you will know just how dependent we are on northern supplies.

The traders and transporters went on strike to protest exploitation and the whole of Lagos was in trouble

that's even Lagos

if they do same in the east, what will be our fate there?

Nigerians failed Nigeria

Shifting the blame to the north is being mischievous [/s]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=BiafraIShere post=71800083][/quote]
from your moniker I know your mentality and state of mind already
So I'm not surprised

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
uyiekpenn:
Had my undergrad in the University of Manitoba. Lived in Winnipeg all throughout my stay in Canada before moving to Australia (where I am currently) in 2015. Been to New Zealand (neighbors to Australia) , USA (neighbors to Canada. Minnesota, New York and California to be precise), South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Cote d'ivoire, Togo, Benin, Niger, Mali, Chad, Cameroon, Morocco, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, UAE and Burkina Faso. Been on transit to other countries too

why did you moved to Australia
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by igboboy3(m): 3:30am On Oct 06, 2018
Temple1288:

Well I live in the Southend of Amelika, Mississippi (A whole lot of people who adore the Confederate flag) to be precise. Bro it's not expensive here in Mississippi due to how poor the State is compared to most 'Yankee' States. My journey out of Nigeria started here on Nairaland!

To cut it short. Nigeria has no future!

To add to it, I'd be getting married soon. By January!
Right now I'm thinking of how to move my entire village to this place.

What's it like for black people in the Deep South? What's the poverty level like? I'm curious about Mississippi
Re: Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. by uyiekpenn(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
WinningSun:

why did you moved to Australia
got a better job offer in Australia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.