Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (28934 Views)

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Ohmynature(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2018
you don talk finish bro,ah swear
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
phineas:

Why stay at a position for 11 years at less than 100k and then blame the organization. Be truthful banks also pay some graduates over 12 million per annum true or false
i know someone who was a director at etisalat earning 5 million naira a month

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Mizwisdom(f): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
I'm very sure some people commenting here are graduates yet one can't distinguish between them and some folks in secondary school who also commented. Our graduates are half baked, not much difference in the reasoning of an average graduate and a secondary school kid.

Need books?
Contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
The reason why Nigeria can never be good. Some people think their going to school is for someone else. Oga, your education on na for you ooo...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Finelinks: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
phineas:

Let me see.. I know someone who earned 15k a month for like 2 years,his first offer after that was about 350k A month,he took the one that paid 650k. Today he earns 2.5 million a month and is looking for a better job. All in the space of 7 years

I know another who started with 80k for 2 years while his mates were earning 350k at the bank. He rose faster than them starting with 650k after the 80k job today dude also earns in millions.

Point is grow a career pays, it takes time,wise choices and the grace of God

Which sector is that?
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by phineas: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
anonymous96:
You live in a bubble. I just knew it.. This confirms it.. Why won't you say there are Jobs in Nigeria....

Your mindset is your biggest barrier. Those 2 examples were Nigeria graduates both did not have a masters degree only the right certification for their industry and a lot of patience. There are many other examples. I advised another guy like that too earning 350k in a bank in Lagos for 6 years and forming cool while grumbling about everything ''you are getting redundant'' after 5 years it's time to move. He found a new place in 2 months in another state with way better pay. Truth was he was not searching before then. He just grew comfortable with his routine.

What you need is exposure. An internship or 30k a month job in a carraer setting is a right starting point. A carrear is not a firm it's a set of experience you can offer that can make you move between jobs in an industry or between industries. It can also help you get employment between countries.Remember we are talking professionals here.

I insist there are jobs in Nigeria for those with the right experience and God's grace. Get the right exposure,the right experience, and the right attitude then pray for grace. Remember faith without works is dead

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by bartho77(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
divinelove:

Have you heard about contract staff before,?

Does being a contract staff hinder you from developing yourself professionally?
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by divinelove(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
bartho77:

Does being a contract staff hinder you from developing yourself professionally?

It will make you earn less than 100k even if u have all the professional qualifications in the world plus 15yrs experience
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by notttty(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nothing is more painful than a FG job that's pays you less than 400k but makes you travel across the country and still refuse to pay your travel and tour allowances when you know the money has been voted for. They steal, five the juicy trips to daughters and sons of friends. You do the job but their cronies enjoy the entitlement. I can't wish this country happy birthday and don't yell me I have a Jon cos as I Nigerian it's my least entitlement
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
pansophist:

Even more. During holiday when I Studied, I freelanced for ubereats (food delivery service) with my bicycle and earn about 800 euros weekly. In one month, I easily cross 3000 euros (over 1.2M). And it's a low skill job that people look down upon. You can put ubereats on YouTube and there are riders who earn more. Imagine earning that as a student.

Truly, Nigeria failed it's youth.
You were bold to deliver food on bicycle because you were abroad would you agree to be a bus driver in Nigeria? Perhaps No this is the attitude limiting Nigerian youths

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by dubbiskelly(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
I wasn’t a graduate but was earning 200k+ monthly back in the 2013-2014.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Sleezwizz: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
ceejayx:
I'm not even satisfied with the paltry 300k I'm managing undecided what a failed nation

U better thank God say u dey earn 300k monthly.... so many graduates are looking for such opportunity.

Me wey dey earn half of that every month can testify to d kind of stress I go through on daily basis...

Na d work of 3 graduates only me dey do grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Sleezwizz:

U better thank God say u dey earn 300k monthly.... so many graduates are looking for such opportunity.

Me wey dey earn half of that every month can testify to d kind of stress I go through on daily basis...

Na d work of 3 graduates only me dey do grin
Mine is 24hrs work o I don't even have time to bath check out,I feed on junk 24/7
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Sleezwizz: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
ceejayx:

Mine is 24hrs work o I don't even have time to bath check out,I feed on junk 24/7

shocked thats weird
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
Franzinni:
leave us alone!! We the youth like to suffer

After all they never taught critical thinking in school and we don't know how to enjoy life....

Only to blow up our abysmal egos on social media. Buying the latest trends that will be obsolete in 3 months... While the so called older ones bend us over and bang us silly with our own blood as lubricant. Hahaha

The youth can take this country back in one day but there has to first be a psychological deprograming and then a focus that is so clear that we are ready to die for..

But as the legend abami eda said... Zombie o zombie... Zombie. O zombie!

They taught critical thinking in my school though.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Business on my mind. Can slave away building another man's dream.

So who go Slave build your own?

grin
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Me that is a master's degree holder and is collecting the same amount cry

Lie lie
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Ishilove: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
iammo:
wicked government that pays fresh graduate N19,800 stipend for national service, yet most elite and their kids never bother serving. Although I don't condone entitlement mentality for any class of workers, the wages are too low across all non political work sphere.
19,800 is a king's pay. We were paid 9,500 in our time
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by iammo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ishilove:

19,800 is a king's pay. We were paid 9,500 in our time
grin N9500 / 30 days = N316 per day.... haaha!! how did you guys survive or the inflation rate and cost of living was low back then?
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Ishilove: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
iammo:
grin N9500 / 30 days = N316 per day.... haaha!! how did you guys survive or the inflation rate and cost of living was low back then?
I was paid 4k in my PPA and the cost of living was relatively lower so I was able to cope to an extent.

My predecessors were paid 7k. Ask them how they survived
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Seandisputed(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
This one weak me Wetin unemployed graduates like me wan do??
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Erums(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
ceejayx:
I'm not even satisfied with the paltry 300k I'm managing undecided what a failed nation

Advertise urself... Weldone
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by OfficialSam(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Celebrate wetin?? It' would be asif i'm celebrating this corrupt government with stupid leaders. Anyways, remain stew

Longer throat grin
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by spiceadole: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
I earn more than 200K.
Yet it is far from manageable.

My only plan now is to leave this country.
Never to return.
So help me, God.

Even if Na Kenya, it's better o.
At least, I am sure of practising medicine instead of farming or tailoring.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
nwanneni:
if you are not ready to serve,forget business!
Serving to enrich my pockets? Most definitely but not another man's unless na govt.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Eagleword14(f): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
200k shocked when graduates are collecting 30k as Npower stipend from govt coupled with all d shakara from govt cry
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Franzinni: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2018
introvertme:

They taught critical thinking in my school though.
nice to hear that.... I guess that is why you could react in the way you did... Must be a private school right?
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by pansophist(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
Naughtysite:
You were bold to deliver food on bicycle because you were abroad would you agree to be a bus driver in Nigeria? Perhaps No this is the attitude limiting Nigerian youths

You don't know me but you're so quick to judge. Smh.

When it comes to making money, I'm shameless, in as much it's legit. I left Nigeria as a teenager and even at then, I've worked as a sales boys in a restaurant. Deadlifting two gallons of water per trip, working 12 hours a day except Sundays.

Not everyone is interested in keeping up with the Jones.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Erums(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
We all need to save this nation... Earning 200k is not the issue
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by 9japrof(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
AleAirHub:
The last time I check my records as a Nigerian I was never address as a shithole citizen nor my family members. So will running out from Nigeria solve our challenges our great country is facing?.

Currently I'm already solving unemployment issues by creating & empowering youths within my territory & you can do more better than me Sir.
Nigeria will be great again
Thank you Sir

Was Nigeria great before, when and how was Nigeria great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mtn Salary For Fresher / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.