Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? (655 Views)

Are You An Accidental Satanist? (by Truthunedited) / Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? / Is Evolution a Theory, a Fact, or a Law?—or None of the Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Just for fun grin

I mean, is the path taken by evolution a predetermined one or all happened by accident, and if all happened by accident, can an accidental event bring about perfection? If it was predestinated, does evolution have a mind? let the brain war begin. grin grin
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Osinamoney: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
Una wan start another argument abi? isorait, let me invite nwaamaikpe
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
It has to be predetermined by a higher power. Dinosaurs evolved to what we have as poultry today. It had to be predetermined for survival of our race.

Do you think man discovered fire by accident? Or did man learn to walk on both legs, upright by accident? I think not. There's a higher power at play here. And no, I'm not talking about the Jewish god

1 Like

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
Osinamoney:
Una wan start another argument abi? isorait, let me invite nwaamaikpe

Ooooh, where is hopefullandlord, obinna58, 1sharon, Hahn(Missed ya bro), I miss you too landlord; D, akintom, oya let's go caplocked etc
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
Earthbound:
It has to be predetermined by a higher power. Dinosaurs evolved to what we have as poultry today. It had to be predetermined for survival of our race.

Do you think man discovered fire by accident? Or did man learn to walk on both legs, upright by accident? I think not. There's a higher power at play here. And no, I'm not talking about the Jewish god

Dinosaur evolved to poultries, does that make any sense

Probably the dinosaurs you are talking about here are as small as lizards to reach that conclusion

1 Like

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:

Dinosaur evolved to poultries, does that make any sense

Probably the dinosaurs you are talking about here are as small as lizards to reach that conclusion

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by johnydon22(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:
Just for fun grin

I mean, is the path taken by evolution a predetermined one or all happened by accident, and if all happened by accident, can an accidental event bring about perfection? If it was predestinated, does evolution have a mind? let the brain war begin. grin grin

Define perfection?

What is perfect in this context?
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=Earthbound post=71687264][/quote]

I can also claim the above and claim its right because it makes sense to me more than the ape theory

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
johnydon22:

Define perfection?
5 senses

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by Hier(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
johnydon22:

Define perfection?
Our ability to relate with the environment using the 5 senses
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by LordReed(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2018
If the universe is a deterministic one then yes evolution is "predetermined". If it is not then the results of evolution are a "fortunate" outcome of chance.

1 Like

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by plaetton: 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2018
Earthbound:

Of course, there is a higher power.

The Toothfairy did it.
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by plaetton: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:
If the universe is a deterministic one then yes evolution is "predetermined".
Greetings sir. smiley
There is no evidence so far of a deterministic universe.

However,

LordReed:
If it is not then the results of evolution are a "fortunate" outcome of chance.

Everything we know so far shows overwhelming evidence that Evolution is based on outcomes of chance events.
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by plaetton: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:

5 senses

And bodily diseases are evidence of what type of perfection ?
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
plaetton:

Greetings sir. smiley
There is no evidence so far of a deterministic universe.

However,

Everything we know so far shows overwhelming evidence that Evolution is based on outcomes of chance events.

Hello my good sir. Good to have you here.

Well I guess I just wanted to cover the bases.

1 Like

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by plaetton: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:

Hello my good sir. Good to have you here.

Well I guess I just wanted to cover the bases.

You know, I was going over an exchange we had on one of my threads about 2 yrs ago, and I felt thoroughly ashamed of how aggressive and rude I was.
Therefore, I take this opportunity to apologize to you.
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by LordReed(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
plaetton:

You know, I was going over an exchange we had on one of my threads about 2 yrs ago, and I felt thoroughly ashamed of how aggressive and rude I was.
Therefore, I take this opportunity to apologize to you.
smiley

Well taken sir. And I apologise for all the foolishness I displayed LoL. Sometimes I think maybe I should have listened better to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by sinequanon: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
This is known as the teleological question in evolution.

There is ZERO scientific evidence that evolution is "UNDIRECTED".

Any such statement, THAT EVOLUTION IS "UNDIRECTED", in the definition of the theory of evolution is pure conjecture.

On the contrary, even science is accruing mounting evidence that evolution is "DIRECTED".

The half-cocked defence against directedness is the mantra "remember all this took millions of years". This argument is used to convince gullible laypeople who have a weak idea of the real issue.

"Millions of years", or even "billions of years", may be a long time, but that has to be balanced against the huge number of molecular changes required to convert a replicating molecule into a human, and the vanishingly small success rate of each such incremental change. Which one wins? That is the question evolutionists avoid while they misguide laypeople.

The evidence is that the number of changes required, and their frequency of success, requires far more than billions of years to have done the job "UNDIRECTED", and simply through the bumbling processes of random molecular motion.
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by johnydon22(m): 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:

Our ability to relate with the environment using the 5 senses

How is this perfection?
Re: Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:
Just for fun grin

If evolution is predetermined by a supreme entity, then that supreme entity is imperfect.

(1) (Reply)

Observing Christianity And Islam Under The Lens Of Ten Commandments / Can You Vouch For Your Pastor? / Reply To Reno Omokri By-father Ugwu Kelvin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.