Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities (29582 Views)

Sola Sobowale Kneels To Greet Iya Awero At Her 58th Birthday Party / Ngozi Nwosu Celebrates Her 58th Birthday (Photos) / Cossy Orjiakor Bares Her Boobs To Celebrate Nigeria's 58th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
undecided
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by Olodo24: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
who's the young man after Miss Nigeria? he's cute for ages
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by nextstep(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
All these celebrations... I'm sorry, I've been celebrating Independence Day for nearly 40 years now... and I'm not sure if we should be celebrating anymore. Perhaps we should call it "Mourning Day" to signify the loss of good governance from Oct 1960. Every year, we cynically paint our pothole-ridden roadways with white and black/green, force hungry students to buy or bleach white socks that they can't afford, and hold parades where everything on display is made abroad: from jets to uniforms; from chairs to even the damn red carpet.

Everyone is supposed to cheerfully pledge allegiance to a country that doesn't give two shits about whether we live or die; whether we have food or not; whether we're being killed by herdsmen, terrorists, police, or armed robbers; whether our child might die from an easily curable disease.

We're supposed to cheer for a country where its elite absolve themselves of responsibility to, or even basic love for their society. Some of them even go abroad to abuse us, while spending our commonwealth residing abroad for "medical reasons."

I'm tired of celebrating mediocrity, stagnation, and retrogression in a country where basic infrastructural needs are still a challenge. I've done that for nearly 40 years and so for the first time in my life, I find no joy in October 1. Let this day be over so we can get back to our regularly scheduled power cuts, no water, mosquitoes, no pay, inflation, police intimidation, and so on.

Next year we'll do exactly the same things, and make no progress. "Unity, Peace, and Progress". Indeed. angry
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by harley88(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
Abeg is Efe still a Nigerian Celebrity
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by oluakin08: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
from @OLUAKIN
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by hargbolahan01: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
I love the pics of Mr VP and his wife... he is sure Mr romantic and always respect his wife not someone who always disgraces his wife even in the present of other world female leader
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by naijajobx: 2:13am On Oct 02, 2018
smiley
Re: 58th Independence Photos Of Nigerian Celebrities by ybalogs(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2018
Nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija's Queen Signs Management Deal With Triple MG (Photos) / Peter Okoye Clears The Air On Video Of Himself Performing Other Artiste Songs / Maheeda Celebrates Her Daughter's 16th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.