Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech (27094 Views)

Full Text Of President Buhari's Independence Day Speech. / Jonathan Denies Sacking Reno Omokri, Debunks Sowore’s Claim / 20 Lies From General Buhari’s Independence Day Broadcast, By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
Ahn ahn Reno, na wetin anu?

Give the chap a break, will ya!

He only read a prepared speech of which content he knows nothing about.
Greatest savage of the day. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Anyad231: 1:13am On Oct 02, 2018
Omeokachie:

That is a bigger insult to Buhari as he was suppose to review it b4 he dished it out ..anyway, oyinbo say if ear no gree hear ,na body to hear am.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Dollabiz: 2:13am On Oct 02, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by iasuccess(m): 2:29am On Oct 02, 2018
[quote author=chieyine post=71699248]Nigeria celebrated her 58years anniversary of Independence from Britain and the President gave a list of achievements in his administration.
Reno Omokri debunked each statement President Buhari made.
Read what he has to say about Buhari's Independence Day Speech;

How can you say “we are on the right path”? We have just been named the world headquarters for extreme poverty and you think that is the right path? Did you come to put us on the path to poverty? You can’t even articulate a plan to get us out of poverty.

As usual, President Buhari's Independence Day broadcast was full of lies. I will now expose each lie with facts and figures to back up my expositions. I feel sorry for those who say Buhari has ‘integrity’. Does a man of integrity tell so many lies?

“There has been a steady improvement in the security situation in the North East” A lie. The situation in the NE has deteriorated seriously. Almost a hundred soldiers have died in 2018. Boko Haram has attacked and overran barracks twice this year

“We are diversifying away from reliance on oil to increased manufacturing capacity” Lie. Manufacturing capacity has reduced 28% from 2015 levels.Google it. We are dependent on foreign loans. Buhari has borrowed more than any other in our history

“Efforts are on course in the Niger Delta to clean up polluted lands” Another BIG LIE. 2 years after Prof Osinbajo flagged off Ogoni Cleanup, not a drop of oil has been cleaned. Instead, a maritime university meant for the Niger Delta was scrapped

“Conflict between herders and farmers is being addressed decisively.” Lie. On June 26, Buhari himself said “There is nothing I can do to help the situation except to pray”, when he visited Plateau after herdsmen killed hundreds of Nigerians there.

“We are making progress in the fight against corruption” Lie. According to Transparency International, Nigeria is more corrupt today than 2015 and made her worst ever performance on TI’s CPI, moving 12 steps backward from 136 to 148

“There is now an enabling environment for local and foreign investment in Nigeria.” Lie. There is a capital flight out of Nigeria. Nigeria is not in this year’s top 10 highest recipients of FDI in Africa. In 2013-14 we were number One. Google it

“We are gradually strengthening the economy with a stable Naira” Lie: S & P rated Naira the worst performing currency in Africa in 2016 and one of the worst in the world in 2017. Naira is classified as a volatile and is not accepted in Europe and SA

“Our youths have been at the vanguard of the struggle” Lie. President Buhari told the Commonwealth of Nations on April 18, 2018 in London that ‘Nigerian youth are lazy, uneducated’. It was caught on video. His words then belie his words today

“I have committed myself to ensure elections are free and fair” Lie. Vote buying increased under Buhari. Police routinely declare opposition candidates wanted days to elections and the APC chairman inadvertently admitted to rigging Osun election

“At the international level, we remain a responsible and respected member of the international community” Lie. Our President is NOT respected. President Donald Trump called him “lifeless”. He is considered a joke in the international community.

“As President, I‘ll continue to work tirelessly to promote, protect and preserve what really matters: unity” Lie. Nigeria is more divided than at any time because Buhari continues to appoint mostly Northern Muslim Fulanis into sensitive positions.

Conclusion: I deal in facts. Buhari is a liar. To say he has integrity is an insult.

Reno Omokri; Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Tormentor of APC.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/reno-omokri-debunks-buharis-independence-day-speech/

[Wao! This is a great write up]
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by sniperr007(m): 3:14am On Oct 02, 2018
Omeokachie:

If u be president, will u read speech u know nothing about?
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by okc49: 3:17am On Oct 02, 2018
victorypeace:
This guy madness is going deeper
But you cannot dispute his facts. Let's stop following these politicians sheepishly.
Reno made points line by line. prove him wrong if you can

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 02, 2018
Boyooosa:

So freedom of speech is not applicable here again?
He can give a speech on what he has done to promote the welfare of Nigeria now, within his capacity.
He mustn't be a president before he is useful to the society, after all, he was once in the corridor of power, even though I did not know him then until he resumes his more comfortable office; critic. Shior!
Read what you wrote.... Slowly this time...
Don't let God konk your head o.
Do not support evil

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by classicking(m): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2018
Nigeria did not became poor because of his three years rule we became poor cause of 16 years mismanagement so keep wailing reno
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by no1madman(m): 4:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Speak out bro! Say no to bullshit! Mothafuckers!

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Adakintroy: 5:00am On Oct 02, 2018
Thank God this man always end with jonathan.
that means he truly sees well.

Until Nigerians apologies to than man, they will never know happiness for a long time. Such a simple man by heart.

I mean it ooo...this thing am telling you came as a spiritual message. Not those political once.

Until you all find the right humility to apologies to that man. You will suffer in body and spirit. Your already in captitivity. Many just don't see it yet.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by seniormallam(m): 5:59am On Oct 02, 2018
classicking:
Nigeria did not became poor because of his three years rule we became poor cause of 16 years mismanagement so keep wailing reno
we've gone beyond sentiments give us fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Akanti50: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2018
Anyad231:
That is a bigger insult to Buhari as he was suppose to review it b4 he dished it out ..anyway, oyinbo say if ear no gree hear ,na body to hear am.
oyibo
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by frankmoney(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Wizaustin54:

ZOOBIE dispute with your facts or shut the fu*k up
can buhari even stand a live debate with any other presidential aspirant on any platform
even his Twitter account is managed by his aid....that man is nothing but an unrepentant religious bigot ,dictator, and tribalistic full of hypocrisy and lies
not everyone is a dullard like the lifeless buhari who reads written speech without having any clue of it content....

wake up....or better still borrow some sense
lol you must have so much hate in you for you to spew this fact . I am not disputing what Reno said oga . My point is , pdp spend too much time tweeting and posting on Facebook when they should be on ground fighting like the APC. I don't support either parties , am only stating the obvious . But you are the dull one here because u can't read between lines , just in a haste to spew your hate grin
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by frankmoney(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Legendkid:

Fight how? The type apc is doing, killing people up and down?
Remember the quote of one of Nigerians greatest president?
"My re-election is not worth the blood of any Nigeria"

Wish APC will adapt same method and run 2019 election as GEJ did.
fighting doesn't mean killing . It means being on ground to defend your vote . If they like they should continue tweeting , APC will continue beating them blue black
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by emmie14: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2018
victorypeace:
That's true. You are correct. Madness of facts right?
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by michoim(m): 7:11am On Oct 02, 2018
That is the only thing he knows how to do. He got no brains
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by emmie14: 7:11am On Oct 02, 2018
frankmoney:
fighting doesn't mean killing . It means being on ground to defend your vote . If they like they should continue tweeting , APC will continue beating them blue black
APC is enjoying their incumbency otherwise osun election results went against APC.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by frankmoney(m): 7:14am On Oct 02, 2018
emmie14:

APC is enjoying their incumbency otherwise osun election results went against APC.
very well then
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by jozee8: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2018
victorypeace:
As a neutral fan that I am, try to convince me with facts that what that guy said was not true
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by MahatmaGhandi: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2018
frankmoney:
This is what PDP are good at , online rant , Twitter talk , Facebook talk . But to be on ground nd fight for their right you won't see them

And APC is good at killing Nigerians to bury cow, rig elections and steal mandate right ?
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Tolahinges: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2018
chieyine:
Nigeria celebrated her 58years anniversary of Independence from Britain and the President gave a list of achievements in his administration.
Reno Omokri debunked each statement President Buhari made.
Read what he has to say about Buhari's Independence Day Speech;

How can you say “we are on the right path”? We have just been named the world headquarters for extreme poverty and you think that is the right path? Did you come to put us on the path to poverty? You can’t even articulate a plan to get us out of poverty.

As usual, President Buhari's Independence Day broadcast was full of lies. I will now expose each lie with facts and figures to back up my expositions. I feel sorry for those who say Buhari has ‘integrity’. Does a man of integrity tell so many lies?

“There has been a steady improvement in the security situation in the North East” A lie. The situation in the NE has deteriorated seriously. Almost a hundred soldiers have died in 2018. Boko Haram has attacked and overran barracks twice this year

“We are diversifying away from reliance on oil to increased manufacturing capacity” Lie. Manufacturing capacity has reduced 28% from 2015 levels.Google it. We are dependent on foreign loans. Buhari has borrowed more than any other in our history

“Efforts are on course in the Niger Delta to clean up polluted lands” Another BIG LIE. 2 years after Prof Osinbajo flagged off Ogoni Cleanup, not a drop of oil has been cleaned. Instead, a maritime university meant for the Niger Delta was scrapped

“Conflict between herders and farmers is being addressed decisively.” Lie. On June 26, Buhari himself said “There is nothing I can do to help the situation except to pray”, when he visited Plateau after herdsmen killed hundreds of Nigerians there.

“We are making progress in the fight against corruption” Lie. According to Transparency International, Nigeria is more corrupt today than 2015 and made her worst ever performance on TI’s CPI, moving 12 steps backward from 136 to 148

“There is now an enabling environment for local and foreign investment in Nigeria.” Lie. There is a capital flight out of Nigeria. Nigeria is not in this year’s top 10 highest recipients of FDI in Africa. In 2013-14 we were number One. Google it

“We are gradually strengthening the economy with a stable Naira” Lie: S & P rated Naira the worst performing currency in Africa in 2016 and one of the worst in the world in 2017. Naira is classified as a volatile and is not accepted in Europe and SA

“Our youths have been at the vanguard of the struggle” Lie. President Buhari told the Commonwealth of Nations on April 18, 2018 in London that ‘Nigerian youth are lazy, uneducated’. It was caught on video. His words then belie his words today

“I have committed myself to ensure elections are free and fair” Lie. Vote buying increased under Buhari. Police routinely declare opposition candidates wanted days to elections and the APC chairman inadvertently admitted to rigging Osun election

“At the international level, we remain a responsible and respected member of the international community” Lie. Our President is NOT respected. President Donald Trump called him “lifeless”. He is considered a joke in the international community.

“As President, I‘ll continue to work tirelessly to promote, protect and preserve what really matters: unity” Lie. Nigeria is more divided than at any time because Buhari continues to appoint mostly Northern Muslim Fulanis into sensitive positions.

Conclusion: I deal in facts. Buhari is a liar. To say he has integrity is an insult.

Reno Omokri; Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Tormentor of APC.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/reno-omokri-debunks-buharis-independence-day-speech/

And I put it to you that you're the liar here. All Buhari mentioned in the speech are truths. The unrest in the North East has reduced drastically, plans to rehabilate and empower the people in commerce and innovative solutions are underway. Our naira is now stable, this administration succeeded in pulling the nation out of recession. The International Criminal Court acknowledged PMB's fight corruption and you dare say corruption is on the rise? The ones who are not in support of this administration are your likes whose channels of siphoning money has been completely blocked. Why sit outside the country and condemn all that is being done to bring progress and development in the country while inciting the populace against the incumbent? Do you want to compare the progress this administration to the state of lawlessness that was evidenced under your boss? The only thing you're good at is to sit behind your phone and laptop and rant.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Boyooosa(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Zizza:

Read what you wrote.... Slowly this time...
Don't let God konk your head o.
Do not support evil

You can also read this at leisure time, a typical speech expected of reno and you:
https://www.nairaland.com/4763688/nairalander-cds-group-prisons-school#71688551

Use your head, this is what Nigeria needs for now and not empty criticism...
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Tolahinges: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2018
And I put it to you that you're the liar here. All Buhari mentioned in the speech are truths. The unrest in the North East has reduced drastically, plans to rehabilate and empower the people in commerce and innovative solutions are underway. Our naira is now stable, this administration succeeded in pulling the nation out of recession. The International Criminal Court acknowledged PMB's fight corruption and you dare say corruption is on the rise? The ones who are not in support of this administration are your likes whose channels of siphoning money has been completely blocked. Why sit outside the country and condemn all that is being done to bring progress and development in the country while inciting the populace against the incumbent? Do you want to compare the progress this administration to the state of lawlessness that was evidenced under your boss? The only thing you're good at is to sit behind your phone and laptop and rant.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by gentlegenius(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2018
victorypeace:
You mean buhari?
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Amumaigwe: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
frankmoney:
lol you must have so much hate in you for you to spew this fact . I am not disputing what Reno said oga . My point is , pdp spend too much time tweeting and posting on Facebook when they should be on ground fighting like the APC. I don't support either parties , am only stating the obvious . But you are the dull one here because u can't read between lines , just in a haste to spew your hate grin

Truths have become hate speech for the increasingly miserable BMCs whose only weapon of support is to abuse those that dare to speak up against Buhari. Rather than encouraging Buhari to prove the poster wrong by participating in the debate himself rather than sending a representative, you are here talking trash.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by frankmoney(m): 7:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Truths have become hate speech for the increasingly miserable BMCs whose only weapon of support is to abuse those that dare to speak up against Buhari. Rather than encouraging Buhari to prove the poster wrong by participating in the debate himself rather than sending a representative, you are here talking trash.
oga read what I wrote there don't be a block head , I clearly stated I don't support either parties both PDP and APC , but it seems APC are more on ground than PDP . Don't be in a rush to type nonsense . I don't give a damn about buhari as am rooting for a younger and more vibrant candidate . The problem with you lots is that you lack comprehension abilities , only ready to reply without reading grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by klimkid: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2018
we are all optimistic that the difference between the PMB'S Government and previous Government ran by Jonathan is that of transparency in infrastructural development on roads/bridges, housing projects, power supply, rail project. To be frank , Buhari's administration has shown so much commitment in those areas visibly, in just 3 years, at least 3 trillion naira is spent on infrastructure while previous Government was unable to articulate 3 trillion in 6 years.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Wizaustin54(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2018
[quote author=frankmoney post=71707208]lol you must have so much hate in you for you to spew this fact . I am not disputing what Reno said oga . My point is , pdp spend too much time tweeting and posting on Facebook when they should be on ground fighting like the APC. I don't support either parties , am only stating the obvious . But you are the dull one here because u can't read between lines , just in a haste to spew your hate grin[/quote���
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by Amumaigwe: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2018
Tolahinges:

Usual empty rant. Take Reno's points one by one and shred it with proven statistics just like he did. Stop telling us your myopic opinion from your Ogbomosho enclave.
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by hagisolo: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2018
I bet u ds Reno guy is clean while working with GEJ if not, EFCC will have been after him ever since he started criticizing/exposing #fact n truth about this present govt. I hail u bro
Re: Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech by ShenTeh(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Niorte:
Ambode is the first politician that will be love by the masses but hated by greedy politicians.

We have seen Ambode's performance, how can a reasonable person support a candidate who he cannot vouch for his performance.

Ambode is an accountant, it is true many accountant and frugal with money. It is part of their profession to ensure accountability. This is the pain of APC and Tinubu.

Ambode has blocked many financial leakages.

If the masses fail to stand by Ambode, we can be sure Sanwo-Olu will be loyal to the politicians and not the public when he emerges a Governor.

The fight is not about

Ambode Vs Sanwo-Olu

It is about

The Public Interest Vs Politicians Interest

It is about

For those who are outside Lagos and fed with propaganda. Ambode is not hated by all these people social media write about. Many of the politicians posters in Lagos include the picture of Ambode until Tinubu went against him.

People who are against Ambode are people who don't have political influence and receive order from above.

Why should APC do OPEN DIRECT PRIMARY? It is because they are afraid that all those singing praises of Sanwo-Olu would go ahead and support Ambode.

No matter the outcome of the election, APC is already a loser. If Ambode won, Tinubu and his gang would work against him. If Sanwo-Olu won, the other party would capitalise on the allegation levelled against him. How would APC campaigned, that all Ambode had done was not part of the master plan....so they have cost us 4 years.... How sure are we the next person they are bringing on board won't do likewise. Be wise, support the person the politicians are against. Nigerian politicians do not have our interest at heart

Abegggih park well.

How much did your frugal Ambode build the Ajah and Abule Egba bridges? N18b for that ill-planned Oshodi whatever.

Is it frugalities that has also led to building busstops where no necessary good roads lead, were potholes adorn, where waste is piled.... Etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zakzaky: Mohammad Jafar Montazeri Urges Nigeria To Send Him To Iran / How Obasanjo, Gumi & Father Of A Bandit Facilitated Release Of Afaka Students / Bola Tinubu Celebrates Victor Osimhen On Serie A Title Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.